Camp Solace | Official Thread

⛺️ Official Thread for the roleplay ‘Camp Solace’⛺️

⛺️About⛺️:

Camp Solace: a place for supernatural people to find their soulmate! There are many ways of reaching out to them including writing on your arm (which shows up for them too :grin::sparkles:). A guaranteed way to find the one that you’re destined to be with.

Activities⛺️

Archery

Swimming

Cooking

Fishing

Sports

General Chat:

Faceclaims:

@Solacers :tent:

Idea by: @Kristi 🤍

6 Likes

The loud speaker blared the first announcement. “Welcome to “Camp Solace”! Where you will get to meet new people. You might even be able to meet a best friend or two! This camp also has a special soulmate tradition, so you’ll definitely meet your true love by the time you leave here!”

The contestants all smiled and rushed excitedly into the doors of the camp, separating themselves by the numbers they were emailed beforehand.

A group of them however decided to stay behind, including yourself.

Tags⛺️

@Cadborosa @Kristi @Ouijaloveletters @Danielle318 @Kbail @LunaticLeviTheSecond @Tina.G @Bluecookies

8 Likes

Andi zipped up her jacket and put up her hood, trying to hide as much of her face as possible, the last thing she wanted was to cause a panic, or worse catch the attention of someone who saw the news report and would expose her. The news reports… Andi replayed it in her mind, she could remember the feeling of what her parents, friends, …ex, would feel having seen it. She knew they were watching the live broadcast, so proud of her, their little M.I.T grad from the shuttle launch to the start of the collider…when everything went wrong, the following pending lawsuit by the families of the researchers. She sighed, No, no, that is all in the past. At least the one good thing about being stuck in this form–currently stuck in this form, is that nobody would recognize me. Andi quickly turned away as a group of young, excited women rushed past, their whole lives ahead of them. She tried to back away when she bumped into a stranger, “I’m so sorry, the fault is all mine.” Andi said as she kept her head down, still hiding her face as she turned to go.

Andromeda

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ William

3 Likes

As I was still compreheding the fact my supriors would bring me here and think it’ll be good for me, I forget to follow the fans inside. Knowing this course of action was probably the result of me sleeping with somebody I shouldn’t have, I sighed and started slowly walking towards the entrance. I just couldn’t pick up my speed because I don’t know what to expect and I worry for my position.
Just as I walked, some figure in a hood walks back and thumps into me, hard. A female voice said it was her fault, to which I annoyedly respond “It is your fault. Either watch where you’re going or do go somewhere backwards.” This girl looked like one of those shy ones that blame themselves for everything, so I felt sorry after an outburts like that, but saying sorry would make it look like I was wrong and to be honest, she was wrong for walking backwards and not watching if she walked off a cliff or into a pole or anything … well in this case she walked into me.

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Ai looked around nervously, wondering if she should talk to someone. Probably…but there were so many people. She soon spotted a girl with long pink hair standing alone. Ok, there’s no one else around her. This is fine. She slowly made her way over, sweating bullets. She opened her mouth to speak, then closed her mouth. Uh oh. She was doomed. Oh, wait. Here was her voice. “Herro. My name is Nakamura Ai. It’s nice to meet you.” She said, bowing respectfully. She straightened up, smiling awkwardly.
@Kristi - Danielle

3 Likes

Andi rolled her starry eyes, “Of course it’s my fault, that’s why I did this thing called apologizing.” She replied, making sure her head was down and her back was to the guy. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to go see if I absolutely have to share a room with someone or if I can manage a room by myself. Is that a bit selfish? Yes. Do I particularly care right at this moment? No. At this point, I’ll take a supply closet if it means a room to myself.” Andi was usually much nicer but the threat of being discovered had her a little hectic, she’d calm down once she was completely alone again. She huffed as she brushed past the guy, not making the same mistake of stopping to apologize again. She looked around to see if she could find someone in charge of this whole ‘Love Island’ thing or whatever. When she couldn’t get the attention of anyone who worked there she sighed and stood in place for a moment, trying to decide what to do.

2 Likes

She seemed shy at first, but then her tone of voiced seemed too agressive to be of a shy little girl, so why was she hiding her face from me? She mentioned wanting a room by herself.
“You give me the vibe you don’t want to be here either. Who forced you to do this? Was it somebody who has power over you so you couldn’t decline? Well, do me a favor and when you’re looking for a single room, try to find a way out for me too. Also I think since this is a camp you might not be able to find a single room if they’re all connected into one sleeping separated only by genders.” I remeber how summer camp used to be before my uncle died, it’s a distant memory that now feel like something I imagined, like the rest of my early life, but I do remeber that in our camp we used to have one big cabin where all the boys were and the other big cabin for all the girls. I can’t for the life of me remeber what that camp was for, what it was called, or anything else about it.
After saying that she went withouth a word and as she was desperately trying to find help, I was gazing at her, hiding herself in her hood very well and cautiously, while panicking about getting help, she looked almost funny out there. As I noticed she stopped and started helplessly standing a short distance from me I decided to shout.
“What love, can’t find anybody interest in helping you before the games even start?”

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Ok, well if I can’t officially get a space by myself, I might have to just find one. Maybe outside or somewhere I can see the stars. Andi smiled as she flashbacked to the memories of her parents taking her out to Old man Jenkins’ farm so they could have the most spectacular view for stargazing. Andi liked it so much that she began to wonder what was up there, what everything was made of and how they all connected. She entertained these thoughts so much that she decided to look for the answers. Andi’s flashback was interrupted by the guy from before shouting. She rolled her eyes once more, “What, are you stalking me now? Is that your thing, being rude to women then stalking them when they have the courage to walk away from you?” She replied still making sure her hood was up and that he wouldn’t be able to see her, at least not from his current position.

2 Likes

I walk up to her as I notice she starts talking but, normally so I wouldn’t be able to hear her from where I was standing.
“Stalking? Yes that’s my thing, but I don’t use it on women and it ALWAYS worked.” I sighed “No, I’m interested in you. What are you trying to hide? You’re bowing your head so much so people avoid seeing you that your neck might break if you go a step lower. You’re either shy, but you’re too outspoken … So you’re probably hiding your face … Oh my god, how ugly are you that you have to hide your face like this?”

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Andi scoffed to suppress a sudden laugh, it was close but she managed to not laugh, this guy did not need the ego boost of thinking she found him funny. “You really mean to tell me that actually works? The whole ‘stalking, but it’s not stalking, I’m actually just interested in you’ routine?” He then asked her the most rude question she’d ever heard in real life, she’d heard things similar on TV but never in real life from a real person. “D-Did you seriously just ask me that?! You!-Ugh!” Andi was livid she was very tempted to just smack the living daylights out of this man, but that would mean turning to face him. Andi shook her head, “Just-Just leave me alone.” She turned her back towards him and started walking towards anywhere but here.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

2 Likes

I was sick of this girl and was wondering if her secret is even worth my while. “Im too good at stalking men for you to even think I’ve been following you, trust me I don’t need to stalk women or to have a routine.” I responded to her stupid question she only made because she didn’t understand what I meant the first time.
As she started to leave I realized she’s too much trouble for one pesky little secret, it’s probably a deformity that comes with her superpower which is not worth all this bickering. Sh’t maybe she thinks that I want to talk to her or bicker with her whenever and she might come with that in mind. I had to remind her that I don’t care about her and I wanted her to ignore me so I grabbed her tightly by her shoulder and started talking.
“NOW listen here you little brat. If you think I started talking to you becasue I was interested in anything more than exposing your obvious sec…” I started losing my train of though as I forcefully turn her around and get shocked by what I see. It’s like a cosmos for a body which looked amazing. It’s like an imperfect skin, but every bump is a beautiful star or a planet or a galaxy. That’s the most gorgeous thing I’ve ever layed my eyes on.
“Woah, what are you?” I instead asked her.

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

At the point the guy said he was too good at stalking men, Andromeda raised an eyebrow with a smirk but didn’t say anything. “Riiiiight, well good luck with that.” She had only gotten about a foot away when the guy grabbed her and began talking, but before she could do or say anything he spun her around and her hood fell revealing her for what she really was. Andromeda quickly pulled her hood back up and slapped him. “I have a name!” She made sure her hood was secure before speaking again. “Look, whatever you think you saw, I can assure you, you’ve had way too much…alcohol or drugs or whatever it is you do. So good bye, good luck, and good riddance.” She once again turned away from him and proceeded to walk away.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

4 Likes

I smiled coyly “Oh I know what I saw, you can’t gaslight me into thinking something else because I didn’t think I see it, I know I saw it. And you maybe have a name but you never gave it to me so to get your attention I can call you whatever I want until we’re introduced.” I let go of her arm as I noticed she was trying to pull away from me and she said goodbye, turned around and started walking away. “Same to you.” I turned around and walked in the other direction. At least now I know why she’s so secretive.

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Danielle wore a dark colored hoodie as she entered the camp, she had noticed the host given them a glare- something that maybe only she had noticed, oof bitter much? Dani thought as she let out a breathe, usually you’ll never find her camping with a lot of people, but she expected to find a soulmate, if she did have one so of course she just had to come here. She didn’t want to end up like her mom or like the host who probably was ‘unmated’ (a word she uses in reference to people who don’t have a soulmate.’ Dani tensed as she felt the presence of someone behind her tapping her shoulder, "Herro. My name is Nakamura Ai. It’s nice to meet you.” Uhh fck how did you talk to people again? People that weren’t Aria and Nick? “Umm Danielle, I mean my name’s danielle… you can call me Dani though. So I supposed you’re here for the same reason I am?” Of course she was here for the same reason you were, why else would someone come to this place… well it was beautiful though it was not her style, but still.

@Ouijaloveletters - Ai

4 Likes

The girl introduced herself as Danielle, sounding just as nervous as Ai. That made her feel better. They…were in the same boat. Yeah, that was the saying. “Ok, I’ll call you Dani, then.” Danielle then asked if she was there for the same reason as her, and she shrugged. “If you mean to find a soulmate, then yes. How about we get to know each other? I can start if you want.” Ai said, the awkward smile never leaving her face.
@Kristi - Danielle

3 Likes

Danielle blushed slightly as Ai said yes to her a question, of course that was the reason- what other reason could there possible be? And for the other reason she thought of before, Ai didn’t seem like the type of person who will enjoy that- Well, it’s not like she knew Ai so she could be wrong. Ai offered to start and Danielle nodded, “So um what’s your biggest inspiration?” She said trying to think of a topic that would dive into a conversation. “Like what motivates you the most?” On her and her best friend first meeting, Aria had asked the same question and look how it turned out.

@Ouijaloveletters - Ai

3 Likes

Danielle asked what her motivation was, and Ai thought for a second. “Oh, my grandmother. She’s almost eighty, and she still works. Not because she has to, but because she loves what she does. We all do. The family business has been going for generations! Oh, we’re Nōkanshi, or ritual morticians. It’s gory work, but there’s pride in what we do. People entrust us with their loved ones.”
@Kristi - Danielle

3 Likes

Deshawn was excited, like yesss he might finally get the meet his soulmate and they were a lot of pretty girls here. Heat rose to his cheek as he bumped into a girl, “Sup- I mean hello I’m Deshawn” He said to the pretty girl with a hoodie on, he wishes he could see her face but he didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable- nope, Deshawn was all about cool vibes :star_struck: he hated the idea of making anyone uncomfortable, “Sorry for bumping into you.” He added.

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Andi, still flustered bumped into a guy who bumped into her at the same time. Before he spoke, she whirled around her hand raised to slap him again and her hood fell once more, “I thought I told you to leave me alone!” Seeing that this was another stranger, Andi stammered as he introduced himself. “I-I’m sorry, I thought you were…I promise you are just seeing things.” Self-consciously, she raised her hood again and just decided to start heading towards the woods, away from everyone.

Andromeda

@Kristi

2 Likes

Danielle blinked, “Ritual morticians?” She had heard of that word before but she wasn’t sure what it meant, “What do you- ummm ritual morticians or Nōkansh’s do?” She asked curiously, it seems to have to do with darkness and goddess knows Danielle loves everything to do with darkness. “Is it like umm a death stuff … like you know.”

@Ouijaloveletters - Ai

3 Likes