Camp Solace | Official Thread

“I-I’m sorry, I thought you were…I promise you are just seeing things.” Ok Deshawn knew for sure he wasn’t just seeing ‘things’ he just saw a universe-ish woman and that was not normal, but of course he wasn’t going to say that, “Don’t worry your secret is safe with me.” He wink as he zipped his mouth as a ‘i’ll not tell a soul’ promise and he won’t tell anyone, it was the right thing to do after all.

@Bluecookies - Andromeda

2 Likes

Andi paused for a moment very sure she was about to regret this next decision, she made sure no one else was looking and lowered her hood. She nervously ran her fingers through her hair, “Well, you’re certainly taking it leagues better than the last guy did.” She half-smiled at his ‘wouldn’t tell a soul’ motion, “I really hope you don’t mind me asking, but what can you do? If you don’t want to tell me, trust me I completely understand.”

@Kristi ~ Deshawn

2 Likes

Ai’s eyes lit up when Danielle asked what her family did. “Well, we prepare the body, then cram ate it. There are some coffin burials, but those are very rare. If that happens, we wash the body and dress them in white. Despite how important death is seen in Japan, it’s very taboo and unclean. No one would talk to us. I was known as “Zonbi no on’nanoko”, or Zombie girl…kids can be cruel.” Ai sighed, shaking her head. “That’s ok, though. We love what we do, and will keep doing it.”
@Kristi - Danielle

3 Likes

The woman lowered her hood and Deshawn internally gasped, d@mn. “No no it’s fine” He said hurriedly as she asked what his powers were, “I can absorb or steal people’s powers” He said scratching his head, “And yours? Im guessing it has to do with space correct me if im wrong” he said with a friendly smile.

@Bluecookies - Andromeda

2 Likes

Dani coughed, “I kind of had a similar experience, it’s not like people weren’t allowed to talk to me but they didn’t like me.” Ah yes, her childhood was the best- that was sarcasm if you couldn’t tell. Being the weird girl throughout middle to high school is definitely not a label you want, especially when you have natural pink hair for some reason you can’t explain. “Why was it taboo to talk to you guys?” Dani asked.

@Ouijaloveletters

3 Likes

Ai nodded when Danielle said that she’d had a similar experience. “Oh. I’m sorry. I like your hair, by the way. Were you bullied for it?” Danielle asked why it was taboo to talk to them, Ai sighed. “We’re seen as being unclean. I guess I can somewhat see it, considering we’re working with dead bodies, but we clean up really well.”
@Kristi - Danielle

3 Likes

Andromeda took a few mental notes, she was still a scientist after all, “Wow, so your power is everyone else’s?” Andromeda nodded, “Well, yes, I as far I can tell, I can survive in space and my very molecules have somehow bonded with the particle matter that makes up our universe. I believe I can also…go somewhere but I haven’t quite figured out where.” Andi was rambling but then stopped short, “Sorry…” she said sheepishly, “I, um, that was dumb.”

@Kristi ~ Deshawn

3 Likes

Danielle nodded awkwardly, “I guess not everyone likes weird hair color.” she laughed with a dull voice. She had tried dying her hair, but it always last for only an hour before it changes back to pink- so yeah fck her life. Oh “So did you at least have any friends?”

@Ouijaloveletters - Ai

3 Likes

Deshawn scratched his neck at her description of his powers, “Basically, so in a way I have all the powers in the world.” He laughed trying to joke around. Deshawn tried to follow everything she was saying about particles and all, but got lost as she was moving to fast, so he pretended to understand by nodding his head, “No, no, no I don’t think it’s dumb, I think it’s really intresting”

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Andromeda smiled softly when he said her theory was interesting. “Really? Me too! I’m a doc-” She stopped herself, “Was a doctor of particle astrophysics. Now, for obvious reasons I don’t think I’ll find work in my field or anywhere else for that matter.” She said a bit sadly. Andi hoped that this guy wasn’t smart enough to put all the pieces together: Universe girl + Doctorate in particle astrophysics + News report/coverage of the experiment = She was on that mission, that’s how she got her powers, and everyone thinks she’s dead. Eager to change the subject she brightened up a bit, “So what power do you currently have?”

@Kristi ~ Deshawn

2 Likes

“I like it. It’s cool. Wait…is it natural? I thought it was dyed…” Ai trailed off, trying to figure out how that’s physically possible. “Interesting. I’ve seen a lot of cool hair in Japan, but none natural.” Danielle then asked if she actually had any friends. “Nope. I was fine, though. Did you have friends?” Wait. Should she have asked that?
@Kristi - Danielle

3 Likes

Cesare

As the short announcement ended I still couldn’t believe it all. A few months ago I was normal and now I managed to be talked into getting a companion for life. I really hope whoever it will end up to be likes to travel because there’s no way I’ll be stuck in one place my whole life.

As I turned for no reason I could recall (It was probably because he was doubting it and turned to look back but that’s a subconscious action) I noticed the woman right infront of me trip and I would’ve helped her, but as soon as I though of doing anything I was already on the floor with her on top of me and my beautiful locks were on the ground getting dirty. Thank god I didn’t already wash my hair today because that would be a day ruined.

I smiled as I looked at the woman “Did I cushion your fall?”

@Andi - Berit
ORP: Omg I must change his nameplate

3 Likes

Berit Carter walked in to the camp as though she were a deer first learning how to walk. The sight was less intimidating than the sentiment that she was not so alone.

For a few passing moment, the blonde girl considered how many others alike had, had to restrict their lives just to live in the normal world. She had always been abnormal, never being able to live an average life in a world devoid of touch and yet, still, even now Berit sticks out like a sore thumb as she falls on top of another person whom she’s never met.

"Did I cushion your fall?" The stranger asked and Berit’s face immediately began to heat up, spluttering up red. The graceful smile resting upon his lips only made her more flustered.

“Yes, actually. You’re rather comfortable.” She concluded, immediately regretting the answer. From under her covered hands she could feel his hard chest and it soon clicked that she had not begun to move.

“Oh my-. I am so sorry. I should not be so reckless.” Berit spits out quickly, nervousness reflecting in the small strains in her rushed words, but even then she does not immediately move off of the stranger.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond -Cesare

3 Likes

“I’m Comfortable? Oh don’t go telling me I’m going soft.” Cesare asked jokingly knowing underneath the layered clothes he’s got quite a shape. Instead of her answering she touched his chest over his clothes and her face said enough. Yeah she definetely felt something hard enough for a facial expression like that.
After that she apologized which confused Cesare, until he thought about it and ralized how long they were both lying on the floor. Looking around Cesare thought peaple assumed they already were soulmates considering how it all looked. To not make it look like he’s that easy, nor that she’s that eager, he realized the best thing would be for them to stand up, but she’s still on him. Looking at the others, Cesare hinted at her to get off him by lightly pushing her shoulder away.

@Andi - Berit

ORP: What do you think of the new nameplate?

3 Likes

“Currently I have fire powers, I got it from a man who was harassing an old lady” Deshawn explained. He had just finished buying groceries for his grandma, when he heard the voice of a struggling old lady in a light purple dress. The attacker was threatening to burn the lady with fire as he showed through the flames in his hand and his ‘hero itch’ couldn’t ignore it and so he did what was right. He went to the attacker and placed his hand on the attacker’s shoulders, extracted their power and weakened them. “It’ a long story, trust me you don’t want to know.” He laughed.

@Bluecookies - Andromeda

3 Likes

Danielle twirled her hair as her face was covered in red, “A lot of people do, you’re not the first nor will be to think that.” She sighed, she herself didn’t even know how this was physically possible but her mother thought it had to do with his dad. When she first met him, her mother had explained, he changed hair colors like a chameleon, but her mother wasn’t sure what his powers were. If Dani had to guess, she would guess hair color changing- a simple power for a simple man. “I did, well just two.” She coughed, “I didn’t meet them until much later though.”

@Ouijaloveletters - Ai

3 Likes

“That woman’s body was … well beautiful” William thought to himself “But, as beautiful as it is, it looked like she had stars and planets in her body which could mean a superpower I haven’t seen yet. It’s either a very rare one, so rare she has to hide it, which is probably also powerful, or that power she posses is the only one in the world … Oh! My! God! I’m onto something here … Oh hoh hoh, think of the promotion you would get if you tol …” But then he changed his mind. “No … I was always loyal to my superiors and yet they punish me by sending me here. No, I’ll keep this for myself and not tell on her unless it’s necessary … this little precious detail w…” William’s train of thought was long gone since he saw something he deemed impressive. A girl walked by, completely on fire, but feeling nothing. It’s probable she saw him looking at her because William swears he thought her look back and smile, but we both know whatever her facial expression was, it was more likely a surpressed laugh than a smile. In that moment he turned around and said. “Impressive power.” William thought the power she had was fire related, and yes, in this world this isn’t an impressive power considering there’s many more creative and world chainging powers to be had, but he has never seen a woman with powers before so that’s why he thought it was impressive.

@Bluecookies - sorry can’t find her in the FCs what’s her name?

As confident as Orla felt in her white dress she couldn’t feel people staring at her in a way she didn’t like being stared at. She knew they wondering about her skin and she felt as if there was a lot of judgement there too.
After the announcement was over everybody rushed inside except a few people. Orla was also excited to find a soulmate, but she needed a breath from this unpleasant experience.
She turned around to notice a guy standing out there as well … It was just the type of guy she felt she could feel safe around. Safe from judgement that is. He looked soft, and kind, so she approached him. And although her heart was beating so hard she thought it would jump out of her skin, she kept on walking until she was close enough.
“Hi!” She didn’t know what to say, she never just walked up to a person before and said hi. “Are you also a contestant?” She asked knowing only few subjects she could bring up, but hey at least she doesn’t feel like all eyes are on her anymore.

@Cadborosa - Helix

4 Likes

Berit internally appreciated his joking and easy tone as she understood the hint and stood up.

slowly, and tentatively, she reached out her covered hand towards the stranger. Having spent the majority of her life unable to do something as simple as lifting another up from the floor, her reluctance to touch still remains. Yet, when Berit is sure that all skin on her palm is concealed, her movements became more fluid and confident.

“Usually when people fall for me, it’s more romantic than this.” She joked lightly. “I am really sorry though. These d*mn laces always come undone.” Her bright blue eyes follow down to the undone yellow laces at her feet in anguish.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond -Cesare

ORP: Oh i love the new nameplate. Mans got the nicest hair ever.

3 Likes

Cesare was now finally back on his feet and brushing off the back of his clothes of any dirt from the floor. He noticed the girl raise her hand up expecting a handshake so he had to also brush off his hand to not dirty her beautiful gloves before returing the handshake.
He laughed at her joke. “Same could be said for me, which is sad because I never seem to fall for anybody, never know them long enough before I’m gone.” Cesare added.
As she mentioned her laces always coming undone he followed her gate down at her feet which showed pretty yellow laces one of which was undone and the other very loose.
He looked back at her and said “When it comes to bad laces you just have to double knot it. Watch this.” Cesare got down on one knee and fixed both of her laces and looked up with a smile “Better now?”

@Andi

3 Likes

After the announcement was over Azalea was scared of them not allowing pets and she opened her bag to pet Steve, but at that very moment somebody who wasn’t paying attention where they were going bumped into her and she almost dropped her bag. Him bumping into her almost lost her Steve so she got angry at that. “Hey watch where you’re going.” She snapped back, even though her personality didn’t allow her to sound threatening just meek and powerless. She noticed the book on the floor and picked it up to give it back to the boy who dropped it.

@milori - Nico

2 Likes