Camp Solace | Official Thread

“Well, I like it. It’s pretty.” Ai said, smiling. “Oh, you had friends? That’s nice.” She said awkwardly. “Oh, what are your hobbies? I like writing poetry. It’s not good, though. At all…just…don’t ask.” Ai chuckled awkwardly, shrugging. She was trying to be friendly, but she thought she was failing.
@Kristi - Danielle

4 Likes

Destiny had put her luggage with all the others, and was assured there would be room assignments later. She smiled and searched her luggage for her swimsuit. It was nice of her boss to extend her vacation days enough to cover being on the show, especially after the incident in which the principal believed himself to be at fault but she had assured him it wasn’t. She sighed as much as she knew and was told by everyone that she needed this, she hated the thought of leaving her kids with a substitute. Who else could teach them just how powerful their own imaginations could be like I can? Certainly not Susan! She shook her head, No, no, you are here to relax, have fun, and maybe if there are any lucky stars, find someone. I don’t care if he’s my soulmate or not, I just want to meet a decent guy for once. Destiny shook her head again and went to go change into her swimsuit; when she saw herself in the mirror she nodded and headed out. One look at the ocean and she stopped with a slight smile. I could be normal and just go swim in the ocean…or I could swim through the air. Destiny smiled at the thought of just blowing everyone’s mind. No, I’ll be normal for now and dry off later, anything out of the ordinary later, people will hopefully assume it’s just my power.

After a relaxing swim, Destiny walked out of the water and went to her beach bag there she found her trusty lighter and with a swift motion set herself ablaze. She could feel the fire drying her off and with a smile went to go find the kitchen for a drink. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a guy staring at her as she approached, she managed to suppress a laugh and walked by when the guy spoke up. She stopped and turned around, Oh, buddy, you haven’t seen anything yet. “Thanks, what’s yours?” She replied with a casual British accent.

Destiny

Bikini

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Stranger

3 Likes

Nicolas stood a little confused at to what had just happened, he was so into the book he was reading he had hardly noticed the collision until his book fell.
“My bad,” He rubbed his eyes, “I’m not really to large crowds like this.” Nico seemed to be explaining this to himself, rather than the girl. He realized that the point of the camp was to meet new people, so he grinned and said, “I’m Nico.”
He didn’t want the regular cliche small talk so he jumped to a question he was genuinely curious for the answer to, “Why did you sign up?”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Azalea

2 Likes

Helix turned his head towards the voice. “Oh hey,” Helix responded to the girl. He first noticed the white dress they had on before even realizing their unique skin. Helix thought the colors looked nice together. Though, he felt talking about skin would sound creepy. So, he decided to stick with talking only about the dress. He held back a chuckle when the girl asked if he was a contestant. Despite having a joke in mind, he wanted to give her an actual answer. “Yes, I am. My name’s Helix. What’s yours? Also, that’s a really cool dress.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Orla I would attach clothing but he’s legit just wearing a white t-shirt and jeans

2 Likes

never know them long enough before I’m gone.

Berit let the words linger in her mind but did not allow the slight sadness to dampen her mind. Having only ever been able to withstand emotional connections in order to love without the physical aspects, the thought that others do not understand the affection from another seemed strange and unfamiliar, but the thought soon emptied Berit’s mind when he knelt in front of her to tie her laces.

When the laces were tied tightly and he smiled up at her, Berit couldn’t contain the small giggle that escaped her lips. With her cheeks burning bright red and a smile pulling at the corners of her mouth she goes to speak.

“Thank you. I’m Berit Carter, and I really love your hair.” It just looked so silky.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond -Cesare

ORP: sorry for such a late reply

3 Likes

“Yeah… when… I turned 15.” Danielle said awkwardly noticing how awkward Ai reacted to the question. Dani coughed, “But you have me now… I think? I’ll like to be your friend.” Danielle stretches out her hand for a handshake. It would be good to have a friend here, she didn’t want to repeat her childhood life experience. “I like reading, mystery books. I like reading mystery books, burning things in fire, watching spiders capture their preys and watching true crime.” After saying this Dani blushes, no wonder she had no friends before, she couldn’t have just lied about her hobbies? She groaned internally.

@Ouijaloveletters - Ai

3 Likes

“Yeah, I’d rike that. Thank you.” Ai said, smiling. “I haven’t gotten hang of the American accent yet.” She said, shrugging. She was trying. Danielle reached her hand out, and Ai smiled, grasping her hand gently. Ai knew her hand was freezing. “Arso strr working on customs. We usually bow.” Danielle then stated her hobbies, and Ai’s eyes lit up. “Oohh! True Crime? That’s awesome!”
@Kristi - Danielle
Tried to do accent. Think I did ok.

2 Likes

As the woman stopped and turned around William noticed for the first time she was wearing a white bikini so he wondered if with her fire powers comes the abillity to heal fire damage from skin or places. Of course he understood that with most fire powers with men they usually had the abillity to not burn themselves with the fire they produce, but seeing her in only a bikini and on fire made him think of that which in turn changed into the other power.
She spoke to him in an unexpected british accent and he smile for having somebody with a simmilar accent to his (Did I forget to mention his accent in the FCs? Whoops). She thanked him and asked him about his power. “Oh my power? It’s this.” He said as he showed his hand and showed his power.
“That’s all I have, but I remeber the time I didn’t have it, so I don’t mind it. What do your abillities include?” He hasn’t asked a person this since he was a child and curious as a child is about others and the world. Now he’s curious again, not often getting to know women in this way.

@Bluecookies

Azalea noticed how sharp her tone was and it was a reaction to the fact she almost dropped her frog, but she shouldn’t have reacted that impulsivley. “No, sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. It was impulsive.” It was a tiny mistake and Aza was sorry for it, but somehow she felt so guilty and ashamed inside that her face changed from normal to distressed fast.
“Nice to meet you Nico. I’m Azalea.” She answered but wasn’t in the mood to pick a conversation point now that they were introduced and expected to converse. Thankfully he chose a subject instead.
“Why am I here?” Yes the question he asked was kind of private for her and a bit fast, but she answered it the best way she could for a person she just now met. “I mean, it’s pretty obvious what kind of camp this is.” She didn’t say much more knowing she would feel uncomfortable giving the real reason to somebody she doesn’t even know yet, but she continued the conversation by asking him the same question. “Why did you ask though? Do you have a reason for signing up you want to share, maybe?”

@milori

Orla like the way his greeting sounded, like it was light and he was happily surprised somebody came up to him and said hi and she could tell, or at least that’s what she thought it sounded like. This made her blush, but because of her skin it’s hard to tell, impossible actually, at this point only she knows when she’s blushing. She noticed him looking down at her dress but only after that at her skin because she noticed he looked like he realized something on the nose. This made her smile (actually she wanted to chuckle but realized it would be weird because then he’d know she knew he didn’t notice the skin at first.) and as he complimented her dress she looked down, grabbed the bottom of her dress and said “What this old thing?” She dropped the dress and said “Why thank you.” She held her hand up for a handshake and said “I’m Orla, you have a cool name though, I like it.”

@Cadborosa

Cesare didn’t notice how Berit’s face fell after the last thing he said because he was tying her laces, he only noticed how when he looked up after tying her laces she looked happier than she was, with a childlike chukle to brighten Cesare’s day. She has such a sweet smile, at least that’s what Cesare thinks.
He got up, but suddenly he stopp closer to her thank he was before, but he made no effort to move back.
"I’m Cesare … You know, like the villain from the Borgia family. But if you like my hair … " He moved the hair from his back and shifted it so some of it was over his shoulder, facing her. “You can feel it. I like it soft, so I have some products to make it real soft.”

@Andi - Berit

ORP: OMG GUYS I’M SORRY FOR SUCH A LAAAATE REPLY!!

5 Likes

She briefly enjoyed the stranger’s eyes take in the sight of her in a bikini, it wasn’t often that she wore less than modest clothing but at the persuasion of her friends saying she needed something to at least get both guys and girls’ attention, and that showing off her…features might do the trick for the guys, for the girls’ she might need something else. The stranger showed her his electricity powers and she nodded approvingly, “That’s really cool, can you charge your phone?” she asked, trying to follow step two: make conversations and find things in common. The stranger then asked what else her power includes, Destiny thought for a moment, should she freak out a prospective date or just casually show him. It was, of course, no contest. Destiny motioned for the stranger to follow her as she made her way to the life guard tower and proceeded to climb it. When she got to the top she stood up on the ledge and jumped, her form that of someone diving from a diving board into the water below, only there was no water below her only air and sand. As she hurled towards the ground, suddenly her movements became less like falling and more like swimming, swimming through nothing but the air itself, and as if that wasn’t enough as she swam around her hair was visibly wet as if she was swimming around in water instead of just air. After a moment, she turned it off and disappeared beneath the crystal waves of the beach crashing against the shore. When a full minute passed, Destiny then came out of the water, her hair and bikini, both completely dry. Now, came her favorite part: the freak-out. Of course some had tried to guess her powers but with so much she could do, they never did and she would have to tell them while trying not to burst out laughing. “So, that was one example of what else I can do with my power.” She said, emphasizing the word ‘one’, hoping he would take the bait and ask for another example, then she could have some more fun.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Stranger (well, he’s certainly learning, he hasn’t insulted her once and is being friendly)

3 Likes

Cesare
What a pretty name, she thought to herself mindlessly.

After the mere mention of an invitation, Berit fumbled with her gloved hands, making sure to place the fabric gently in the pockets of her jeans considering that they were her favourite pair. She reached out at first before retreating slightly just to make sure that none of her skin would touch his before reaching out once more.

The minute that her hands made contact with his beautiful hair, Berit audibly gasped. It was just so soft.

“I want to cut a piece off so that It can be on my person for life.” She mumbled to herself before recovering quickly. “Oh my- That sounds so creepy, I promise I’m not some stalker.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Cesare

2 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

“Can I charge a phone? I don’t know, I haven’t tried. I think I could though, If you put the end of the charger in my hands, but it takes a lot of controll to give enough electricity withouth burning the phone and charger.” William responded fully, which is probably now the type of answer she wanted. Then something came to his mind. “Why? Does your phone need charging?” He asked but he didn’t get a response because she didn’t hear him probably because she was already on her way to show him what he asked. He watched with confusion as she climbed the life guard tower and once she was too far away to be seen he followed her. He didn’t know if she should climb with her or not, so he started climbing. He wanted a better view of what she was about to do. She didn’t notice him behind her as she jumped and he came towards where she just jumped from to watch what her fire powers have to do with water or diving. His face turned as he saw her SWIMMING IN THE AIR. His bottom lip fell to the ground that’s how impressive he found that. Not only did he not see a woman do this before, he didn’t see anybody do it before. It was something new and undiscovered. But then she dropped into the water and he thought she lost the control of her power only for her to come out of the water fully dry. William was so confused, impressed and flabberghasted he almost fell over, but thankfully he caught himself and stepped back. “So that’s your power … It was never fire, was it? Wow … I don’t know what’s real anymore. Show me another one.” He shouted at her from the top.

@Bluecookies - Not His Destiny (You would never allow that)

2 Likes

“Don’t worry I don’t think you’re creepy. You know in Victorian times people gave each other their own lockets of hair and people didn’t find it weird then so why should I find it weird now.” He consoled the girl. He didn’t think giving lockets of hair was normal and did find it weird somebody would want to cut a lock of his hair and keep it, especially since his and everybody’s hair needs caring to keep it as beautiful and as soft as it is now. However, he could tell that Berit didn’t mean it by how fast she realied what she said and denied actually thinking it, so he wasn’t afraid of losing a lock of his hair nor about being weirded out by her. He decided to turn change the topic back to his hair because it was going bad with the comment about cutting of his hair, so he said …
“It’s soft right? Well not always. If I don’t like you I could easily turn my hair against you.” Cesare smiled devilishly, obviously he was joking. He wanted to raise a giggle out of her by getting even closer to her, but he didn’t know about her power.
He came closer to her, in order to whisper into her ear, softly “Beware, it can bite.” and then he smiled, but as he was retrieving from this embrace his cheek briefly brushed hers and the power took over … And she felt it too. It was a soft and fast touch, barely anything, but she felt it and knew what was to come, but it wasn’t her fault, in fact she managed as long as she could for this not to happen, but couldn’t do it for long when Cesare, the friendly type that he is, was around.

@Andi - Berit
ORP: How does her power influence people when they’re under it?

3 Likes

Destiny shook her head, “No, my phone doesn’t need charging, I was just curious is all.” She liked the stunned expression on this guy’s face, it reminded her of Neo and whether or not she should do the ‘what is real’ speech. “Oh, no, that was real fire, I guarantee it, anyone else would’ve been toast.” She smirked a little at his next comment, “Perhaps you could say it’s a fantasy…” He asked her to show him another one, she thought for a moment then a smirk spread across her face, “Alright, come on, follow me.” She motioned him to follow her once again, towards the water that gently crashed against the beach. She looked at the water for a moment, thinking about how she wanted to show him before picking it up and handling it like it was clay from the earth and not liquid at all. Destiny then used the air around the clay-like water as fire to heat it and shape it until it was a brick, a brick made of ocean water. The water still appeared to be moving as if it was still liquid despite now being a solid brick, “My name is Destiny, what’s yours?” She said, still casually.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Stranger

3 Likes

Andi smiled softly, “Well, at least you can do something with your powers. All I got, by accident by the way, was looking like this.” She gestured to herself, “Like a freak. You know I would sneak out sometimes just to see the stars and admire their beauty. I never asked to become them.” She sighed before putting her hood back up. She smiled softly when he said she didn’t want to know, “Then I won’t ask.”

@Kristi ~ Deshawn

3 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

William was happy to learn this woman in front of him was British according to her accent because he also had a British accent, although his was a mixture of different Northern accents he acquired during his years in the army.
As she asked to be followed he did just so, wondering if it would be more fun if they ran there and he had to chase her playfully. He doesn’t remeber when he last playfully ran because it was too early in his memory and he wondered if he decided to do so now, if it would help him come to terms with losing his childhood because he had to grow up fast. But as she already reached her destination he realized it was too late to suggest that idea now. William’s eyes were glued to the water as she worked her magic with it. With each new thing she did his face turned into a grander form of disbelief and amazement.
“You’re one of a kind.” He grabbed her hand, still in disbelif and his face clearly showing it. He was a bit rough and sudden with grabbing the hand, but he wasn’t holding on to it roughly nor did he cause her any harm by holding it.
“Your touch is magic.” He said. “Am I far off?” He wondered as he let go of her arm only to realize that he forgot to introduce himself before when she did. “You said your name was Destiny? Sorry I didn’t respond, I’m William.”

@Bluecookies

3 Likes

Destiny blushed, “One of a kind? Oh, I don’t know about that.” The stranger then rather aggressively grabbed her hand but he held it gently. He then asked if her touch was magic as she could literally feel the electricity running through him. “I-I don’t know what it is, exactly. Magic, superpower, either way, I was born with it and it seriously freaked out my parents seeing a flaming toddler running around playing with the other kids.” She stifled a laugh and watched as he let go only to then introduce himself. Destiny stuck out her hand, “Nice to meet you, William.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ William

4 Likes

Beware, it can bite.

He whispered softly into her ear, causing sharp flutters to twirl in her stomach and her cheeks to redden. Nobody had ever gotten that close before without retreating with fear. Berit understood that his power had something to do with those beautiful locks of his and she instantly and deeply regretted her earlier comment.

Cesare was friendly, that was a sure thing and strangely Berit liked it. How he did not run away in fear, but when it crossed her mind that he would not understand the consequences that comes with her touch he retreated from the close position they exchanged touch.

It was brief and short and easy to miss had it been a normality, but there was nothing normal about Berit Carter. The small caress of his cheek brushing against her own was mystical and something extremely rare. Having avoiding touch for such a long amount of time, Berit was sensitive to each sensation and this moment had a shiver running down her spine.

Panic soon settled in her veins. Pure panic. The power, although belonging to her, was not in her possession. It was loose and menacing, unable to be held and unable to be kept back. It was madness and love and lust and need and want. It was every sin and ever desire. Every demon in the dark and every angel in the light. It was beautiful and it was rage.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I should have warned you.” Berit repeated over and over, afraid of her effect.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond -Cesare

3 Likes

e27ef53f800fdc233927b544b2f01612

Sarah stood at the camps entrance with oversized bags on her back and hand, and a smile on her face. Sarah always knew she would one day find her soulmate. That the universe would give her a chance and now the perfect opportunity was here. Before she left, she squeezed in delight in her bedroom after reading the letter that was sent to her. Now she watched the people walking through the camp and she wondered which one of those people were her other half. Carrying her large bag, she walked through the camp almost bumping Into a girl with brunette hair. “Oh sorry!” She said looking behind her. She stood against a wall and wiped her forehead after putting her bags down on the ground.

@Cadborosa Sorry for taking long!

2 Likes

Helix was glad they were smiling. It was reassuring that they seemed relaxed. The woman grabbed her dress, referring to it as old. Helix wasn’t entirely sure if that was a figure of speech or if it was some sort of hand-me-down. Though, he didn’t want to embarrass himself by asking, not yet. Instead, he chose to embarrass himself differently. “Thank you. Orla ain’t so bad, either,” Helix shook their hand. “That sounded cool, right? It was supposed to sound cool, like how your name does.” A handshake was oddly formal to him, but he didn’t care.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Orla

2 Likes

Finley gazed in awe at this person. Their bags were big, huge, humungous. It was almost frightening how massive they were. Finley was slightly worried that they’d crush the poor girl carrying them. But, they were also curious how someone could pack that much stuff just for a camp. Finley stepped over to the girl, tilting their head as they looked at her. “Didja pack ya whole house in those bags?” Finley questioned. It seriously looked like that to Finley. “And if not, how did you even pack that much stuff?”

@Kbail ~ Sarah Jean ~ Tis fine

2 Likes