Camp Solace | Official Thread

“You’re fine, I can be really impulsive myself,” Nico rubbed the back of his neck. He finally took into notice the frog he assumed was her pet, and felt a little more guilty for crashing into her. Noticing her distressed expression, he tried to comfort her by giving an inviting smile.
“Azalea?” Nico tested it out, pronouncing each syllable (a strange habit he can’t seem to stop), “That’s a really pretty name, fit for a girl like you.”

Her response wasn’t exactly what he was expecting but it’s understandable given the fact that they’re barely acquaintances. Nico just nodded.

“I signed up, if I’m going to be honest,” He lowered his voice as a joke, “Because I was bored. I really didn’t have many things going on for me at home, and I really miss the excitement I used to have in high school.” Nico flushed, realizing he probably spoke a little too much. Another one of his habits: Speaking too much.

“Er, I find it hard to believe a girl like you would have trouble finding a soulmate,” Nico wondered how that must have sounded to her, and quickly shut it down by saying, “Sorry.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Azalea

2 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

"I-I don’t know what it is, exactly. Magic, superpower, either way, I was born with it and it seriously freaked out my parents seeing a flaming toddler running around playing with the other kids.”

William realized she mistook him and he asked. "No I meant, do you source your powers trough touch … " He looked at her hands this time withouth touching “Or is it something else?” And he shifted his gaze to her eyes, meaning to ask if she used her power by controlling it with her mind or if she touched something to make it like she wants to.

@Bluecookies

3 Likes

“Um, well, I…” They gazed into each other’s eyes for what seemed like forever. “I don’t know.” She whispered softly. “I just do it.” Destiny bit her bottom lip and managed to break eye contact, blushing hard. “Well, it really was very nice to meet you William, but I-I should probably be going.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ William

(Doesn’t have to be the end of the conversation)

3 Likes

Cesare was confused at this point. “Warned me?” He asked. “Warned me about what?” He continued asking as he looked around being confused. What did she mean? His mind started racing and he couldn’t stop thinking what she meant. Did she mean that something was behind him. He turned around to check it out and looked back at Berit with utter confusion after find nothing there.
“What is it Berit.” He asked as he worriedly cupper her face.

@Andi
ORP: Okay but in what way do they change? Could you do me a favor and controll him for a second becase I don’t know how he should act while under the spell

2 Likes

It didn’t sound cool to Orla, but it was so cute how he attempted to be cool, so she couldn’t say it wasn’t cool, but she didn’t feel right incouraging it either. “Sure, it was cool.” She decided to say that. Then she noticed the compliment. “Wait … Did you say my name is cool? Thank you. You see my mother thought she could be funny when she had me. She always sad that she used dark humor as a coping mechanism when something terryfing happened to her … Sort of like self-depricating jokes for depressed people or something like that. Well she said she saw my birth as one of those dark humor moments because she though I would have a hard time with my skin the moment she saw me … So my name is the result of the dark humor because it’s an Irish name and it means Gold. I think she regretted calling me that when she saw how ok I was with my skin.” Orla kept talking and talking and it didn’t occur to her to stop. “I must’ve bored you haha, I’m sorry you had to listen to all that meaningless ramble.”

@Cadborosa

Aza didn’t mind Nico’s way of pronouncing her name like that, it was a mouthful and she understood, however he said she was pretty and this bothered her. Not only does she not know him well enough, but also she doesn’t think of herself of especially good-looking so she hates being complimented on her looks unless she put effort in it and it’s noticable.

As she wanted to tell him not to call her pretty because it makes her feel uncomfortable and makes her overthink he answered her previous question of what he was going here she honestly forgot she asked back.

Then he was back with another compliment that made her uncomfortable. He says he finds it hard to belive a girl like Azalea can’t find a soulmate which she interpreted as “You look good so something has to be messed up about you to not find anybody. If you were just ugly and had a nice personality you’d still have somebody interested, but you have nothing, which is pathetic.” And she started overthinking of what his opinion of her really is.
Her face turned into a sad and offended expression and she said “Don’t. Call me. Pretty!” She said as she was ready to turn and walk away from the conversation, but she turned back and said “And don’t ask me why I’m single because that’s mean.”

@milori

2 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

William was going to look away from Destiny’s eyes but as she looked back at him he didn’t want to look away. Her eyes might not have been anything special, nor were they especially pretty through her glasses, but as they looked at him probably the same way his looked at her, he felt like they were the most beautiful pearly eyes he’s seen, at least in that moment.
William didn’t know what hit him once she bit her lip and responded to him in such a soft tone it was music to his ears … And in a British accent it really was like music.
But then she turned away and said she had to go and he couldn’t part with her yet so he held her hand, not roughly because he learned his lesson when she was shocked by this the first time, he looked at her turned away and he said “Please don’t go, you’re such good company. I’d hate to see you go now. Stay for a moment longer.”

@Bluecookies

3 Likes

What is it Berit?

Berit desperately wanted to scream out those words she’s screamed so many times before…Don’t touch me, I am dangerous. But it was too late, for with the touch of Cesare’s palms against her cheeks, Berit understood that it was too late.

Her power weaved through the touch of their skin and entered his system quickly and with ease as though it were natural. Berit saw Cesare’s eyes dilate massively as he magic weaved in with his mind. Berit knew how this started, and it was always the same. Started with a touch and from there his heartbeat increases and the desire begins to built.

She has no doubt that every thought in Cesare’s mind of hers has been replaced with allure and need for her. He began to see her every fault as perfection. The want doubles, knocking into his ribcage as though his heart could burst from the confinements. He wanted to do her every command and show her that he is worthy of her love, he wanted her wholeheartedly and fully.

“If you ever get the opportunity to love me, or even merely like me, please do it so that you are far enough to not touch but close enough to hold.” She knew that the command would linger in his mind, one that he could never rid of.

Berit allows the touch for a few moments before the guilt is overwhelming as he leans forward in a way to get closer to her than ever before. She shys away from his touch, prying his hands away from her face and watches as his face contorts into confusion and his pupils return back to their normal shape.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - cesare

ORP- I hope this basically explains this, tell me if u want to change anything!

3 Likes

Cesare was baffled. Did he really do all that? THINK of doing all the for her? He was so scared of the implication that this really happened that he looked at her as if he was frightened of her. And a moment ago he loved her wholeheartedly and would do anything for her, but now … Too many things happened too soon and he didn’t know what to do with his hands.
“I’m so sorry.” He said as he put his hand on her shoulder comfortingly and as soon as he realized he was touching her again, which she must not have liked, he dropped his hand.
“I don’t know what came over me.” He explained as he realized it wasn’t just a thought, it really happened.

@Andi - Berit

2 Likes

Destiny had turned to go when William grabbed her left hand gently and before she knew it, the momentum had spun her into him like they were waltzing together. Destiny looked up at him as he spoke to her, she stuttered for a moment, clearly nervous. “W-well, I-I, um, I guess I could…stay, for a while.” What was step two again? Something about things in common or was it small talk? It had been a minute before Destiny realized they were still very close with her right hand on his chest before breaking away, nervous as her cheeks flushed red. “Ok, um, what’s your…?” She paused for a moment thinking, “What’s your favorite food?”

(So, she wants to walk away but instead he gently grabs her left hand and the momentum spins her into him with her right hand on his chest to steady herself.)

This but without the dip

love-me-dance-moves

3 Likes

I don’t know what came over me.

The guilt that coursed through her veins was overpowering.

“I tried to warn you, I promise.” She repeats over and over before expanding. “Your hair is what makes you special and it is beautiful, but my skin is my curse. And I wanted to warn you, but you’re just so nice and friendly that it kind of slipped my mind.”

Berit reached into her pockets and pulled back on her gloves just to ensure no more stupid mistakes.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Cesare

2 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

William almost smiled as she said she would stay a bit but only slightly because her answer wasn’t his focus. His face froze when he felt something over his layered clothes and realized it was her hand touching his chest … well his clothes where his chest is, and he can barely feel it, but he feels a little something and the fact she didn’t move it in a long time. For the first time since he met this woman he isn’t thinking what he should do or trying to figure out what to say or do around her but he’s silently observing her as she’s trying to find the words for this situation to not turn awkward, but he wasn’t observing her to find out something about women in general, but only because he found her beautiful in her white bikini and for the first time he could look upon her withouth overthinking or wondering what to do. However, during the time he was looking at her face and body she said something he missed. He was about to say he didn’t hear and beat himself for it, but she repeated her question.
“My favorite food?” William smiled because he knew exactly what his favorite food was but he never answered a question like that with the truth before. He’d usually dismis it by saying he didn’t have a favorite food or say something generally though of as a favorite food like pizza or pie, but now he answered honestly. “Sauteed chicken liver, with a bit of salt. Oh that’s the best thing ever and I could never get tired of it.” He smiled thinking of the rare times he would get chicken livers so he could sautee it with onions and because of that question he got a craving for it.

@Bluecookies

3 Likes

Destiny laughed softly, “Can’t say I’ve ever had it, but I’d try anything once.” Destiny then thought for a moment before a soft smile appeared on her face, like one after remembering a happy memory. “Chicken Teriyaki with fried rice and a helping of Sweet and Sour chicken. There was this amazing Chinese buffet restaurant that my parents would take me to after anything happened. Good, it was celebration food; bad, it was comfort/cheer-me-up food.” Destiny tried to contain her laughter as she thought of her next question. “I really hope you don’t mind the questions, but what is the craziest thing you’ve ever done with your power?”

3 Likes

Cesare noticed how guilty Berit looked and he realized that she knew about this, in fact that’s probably her power, the power she tried to warn him about. Cesare got a bit angry at her not telling the full truth and he snapped.

“You tried to warn me? That was you? It wasn’t my fault I acted that way it was you!” He got a bit angrier “Why didn’t you say more about it. You gave me a warning withouth telling me what I’m being warned off! Imagine how warnings like that would work in other situations. If somebody drove in a car and there was a warning sign, but it didn’t say what and only some time later they realize the warning sign was for a railway crossing withouth gates and they get crashed into by a train? Why didn’t you just say I couldn’t touch you directly? Why did you have to keep this part a secret when you knew that people touch all the time?”

@Andi

3 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

“Never had it? Well in that case you have to try it.” At this point William let go of the embrace because even he realized they were holding on to one another for too long now. “It’s so simple, you just need some onions, chicken liver and salt, you sautee the onions and add chopped up chicken liver on top of it and just cook it for a short period of time, but make sure to add salt somewhere near the end so it doesn’t end up dry. And that’s how you get the simplest but the best food in the whole entire world.” He explained and he loved hearing the reasoning behind Destiny’s favorite food once he gave he a chance to talk about it. He realized he hasn’t talked that much about anything his whole life. "I suppose my favorite food was celebration food for me too … " He couldn’t take back the words but he didn’t want to say it because that means he had to explain in what way this food was his celebration food and he wasn’t ready to explain that. Thank god she didn’t pry into it and asked a different question. William smiled because he liked when she asks questions, it means she has a reason to stay till at least he answers her question. However when he realized what the question was his face fell. “Well the craziest thing I did with my power is also the worst thing I did with my power, and it was also involountary, in my defence. I shot my mother with electricity. She survived but I’m not sure if she’s still alive.” He answered with his head bowed down and one of his hands on top of the other softly carresing it.

@Bluecookies

3 Likes

Destiny smiled, “You know what? I think I just might have that for dinner tonight!” When he explained what the craziest thing he’s ever done with his power was, Destiny gently grabbed his hands with one of hers then lifted his chin to look at her with the other, “Hey, hey it’s ok.” She said softly with compassion and understanding. “I believe you, it was an accident. I can tell you’re not the kind of person who would do something like that on purpose.” She thought for a moment of something to maybe cheer him up. “Hey, um, maybe I could tell you the craziest thing I’ve ever done with my power, if that’ll cheer you up?”

3 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

“You think that will cheer me up? You say I’d never do something like that on purpose like you know it. But what you say is so far from the truth. I murder for a living and I’m not one bit sad about it either. Yes I didn’t want to shock my mother, but I volountarily shocked everybody else to death and I never got a beating for that … I was praised for it, but when I shocked my mother not only was I feeling extreme guilt but I also got insulted and hurt by my father so much I ran. If you think you can cheer me up now, or that I’m still not a person that would do something like that on person, go ahead, tell me what’s the craziest thing you did with your power.” That’s what he said to her, but after the speach he thought to himself “Maybe she will manage to see past this and actually cheer me up. God knows I need to be cheered up but if only somebody knew how to cheer me up … Hell I don’t know how they would cheer me up, nothing ever has when this has come into question, it just always haunted me that I didn’t pity or hate doing my job.”

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Destiny just shook her head as she took off her glasses, “I’m an English teacher, if anyone should know that there is always more than one side to a story, it’s me. And I’m not quite so innocent myself, no one is.” She cleaned them and put them back on. "So, a group of friends and I were all at a bachelorette party for my best friend and a close friend to the group. Well, one of the things that was on her bucket list was skydiving over the Hawaiian islands and she never told me that. So, I was told that the plane we were on was taking us to our next event, which after a lot of aftermath explaining turns out wasn’t a total lie, anyway, I had also never been on a plane before either. So, when the guy was explaining how to strap in, I didn’t question it at the time, then he opened the door and the girls started jumping out one by one and I may or may not have…gone to the bathroom in that moment.” Destiny’s cheeks flushed red from embarrassment.

“So, anyway, the bride-to-be and I were the last to go. She grinned, grabbed my hand, and jumped out with me screaming at the top of my lungs. It took her squeezing my hand to the point she nearly broke it to get me to open my eyes. The sight was so unbelievable that I actually forgot I was falling through the air towards my potential death. So we get down towards, I think she later said it was around 5,000 feet, anyway, I opened my chute as she told me to, and a stray but strong gust of wind separated me from everyone else. So, I look over and they’re completely ashen, like they’ve all seen a ghost and motion for me to look down. So, I do, and what do I find? I find myself gently drifting into the mouth of an active Hawaiian volcano! So at this point my friends didn’t know about my power so they’re understandably freaking out, but then again, so was I, because I would’ve had to use my power on a scale I’ve never had to before. So, I’m falling and feeling the most intense heat, I’ve ever felt in my life. I closed my eyes and just wait for the end. There’s a loud splash as I fell into the lava and let me tell you, it was cold, like ice-cold. I surfaced and of course, I’m laughing and just swimming around in the lava. Long story short, we, uh, just went to the hotel bar for the rest of the night and she was so distraught at the thought that I had died, that, um, well, we slept together…the night before her wedding…to a guy. So, yea, she doesn’t skydive anymore and we laugh about it but her husband still hates me."

3 Likes

WilliamAbbadon

William was unable to be cheered, well he was sure of it anyways which meant he was unlikely to be cheered up if he thought it impossible. However his mood soon went downhill once Destiny told him those worde
“I’m not innocent myself”
And those words made him think she might’ve done something so bad what he’s been that he might feel better for his actions and during her whole story he was waiting to hear what that think she did was. But instead she started talking about her friends who were getting married and that’s where he lost her. He doesn’t understand marriage nor the concept of love so strong a person would want to marry. He always though marriage was an old-fashioned contract back when that’s how people viewed marriage and when there was no way for a woman to live securely unless she was supported by a man. I mean how could he see it otherwise, most of the childhood he remebers his mother didn’t love his father and it was evident even for him, and when he was young and supposed to be in school and having crushes he was on his own and never went through that threshold and even in his years in the army he didn’t see much love there, so how could he view love in any other way but something foreign to him? Richard was pulled back into the story when Destiny blushed and he realized she must’ve said the bad thing she’s done and now she’s embarrased and he missed it. Thankfully she started talking again and he listened intently this time. He did listen to the bits and pieces of course so he knew that she was supposed to jump out of the plane. But when she finished the story William’s face started getting confused, wondering with a hit of sadness hidden in there. His face and expression might’ve seen the same, but when he thought about the end of that story his eyebrows curled with wonder and his face was bland again but his eyes couldn’t help but show a hint of sadness as he spoke those words he thought were like a dagger to his heart. “Destiny? You like women?” With this comment he regretted all the things he thought she was doing and hinting at with holdin his chest and stuttering … but then again he didn’t.

@Bluecookies - Let’s get this show on the road!

3 Likes

It was definitely not cool. Helix snickered, thinking it was funny that they said it was, even though they probably didn’t enjoy it. Helix nodded along as Orla rambled on. He was patiently listening to what she was saying. “No, no, it’s not a bother, nor was it meaningless. It’s an interesting tale,” Helix tried to reassure them. He wasn’t lying, and he did enjoy the story. Helix grabbed a lock of his hair, messing with it. “Dark humor sounds tough. I mean, that whole ‘cool’ thing was supposed to be a joke on a movie I saw, but I guess it doesn’t work unless you saw it too. I can only imagine how tricky dark humor is. Do you like your name, then? And do you also engage in dark humor? or is that not your thing?”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Orla Fabbri

2 Likes

“Not really, my mother liked dark humor. And I always thought I should hate my name, because my mother only gave it to me because she thought it was funny, but … I like it. There a character called Orla on this TV show I saw a couple of time and even though she’s dimwitted and weird, I like her as a character … She’s funny. And maybe that’s what my mother wanted for me with that name.” She smiled at him as she realized how much she said about herself to him, so she asked “And what about your name, Helix? How come your parents gave you such a cool name? And does it have a meaning?”

@Cadborosa - Helix

2 Likes