Clearing out RP/SG Group tags

Okay, that’s exciting to hear that you’re both set on reviving it at some stage. Though maybe as you don’t yet know of when, that it is best remove it for now so don’t have dead tags hanging around and then refresh it when you’re ready with a new tag. Then hopefully it’ll be fresh, have actives in there, and be ready for the long game!

2 Likes

I’d rather not

1 Like

I get that. However, seeing dead group tags is not the RP/SG community nor the forums.

1 Like

Eventually I hope, but not in the near future.

Plans of reviving this one is in the works currently!
Honestly forgot I still had a group tag for it when I posted the revamp on the new ideas thread.

Again, I do hope eventually, but I don’t know if there would be the interest for doing it soon.

2 Likes

Ah, okay. Good that they’re only sidelined for the time being. Although as there are no immediate plans, I guess it is best to start anew when you do?

Awesome. Sorry I forgot about seeing this. So you’re setting it up in the next couple months, yeah?

1 Like

Yes.
Really with most failed/dead RPs of mine I always hold out at least a bit of hope to bring it back (hopefully even better) in some form or another

Yes, that would probably be best.

Yep!
Now that it’s on my mind again, and I’ve I’m hoping that I may even be able to set up signups for it in the next couple weeks.

2 Likes

Hopefully one day. Although at least with removing tags that aren’t giving us forum activity in the next half year or more, it means that it’s revived for newbies to come in and only see active tags. It’ll also be good to make sure we follow our RP/SG rule again, which is if an RP/SG has been inactive/closed for over two months then the idea is up for grabs for anyone to use.

Oooooh… that is exciting. I love a motivated Brooke.

2 Likes

Would you be okay with me setting up a season Love is Blind instead?

2 Likes

Is this an option or is it by force… like I mentioned, I’d rather not, and those are my wishes. If you do delete it, alright, but I’ve already make my choice and position.

3 Likes

Go for it

2 Likes

I havent heard from them in months

Yeah, it should definitely help make things cleaner and hopefully more appealing to newbies as they come in, and keep good ideas open to use.

Yes, right now I’m feeling very motivated as far as for the creation of RPs and to run them. (Now if only I could push some more of that motivation into actually writing replies/posts/non-rp stuff instead of just thinking about it and only writing a couple sentences at a go that would be great :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I’d love to, but it doesn’t have enough people able to be as active as I’d liked
So, go ahead and delete/clear it idk I’m not a website wizard

1 Like

It’s not a matter of force, it’s more trying to follow up with the RP/SG guide while cleaning up the sections, tags, and groups with the rebrand. Since it’s been well over two months since the RP closed and was archived, and you haven’t any date for renewal (still after saying you would a year and a half ago), it’s only fair to remove it for now. This way if anyone comes along wanting to do a mythology themed RP or SG in the meantime, they aren’t scared off by the massive group tag pre-existing.
It’s not against you, as we’d love to see this RP make a return, it’s just about keeping options open for everyone (new and old) if the tag/idea doesn’t have upcoming date to be used.

1 Like

This is exciting.

From who?

Exactly. Like, I’d love for everyone to say to me that they’re planning to reuse their tags to start the RP again in the next month or something, but that’s not usually the case. Least we can revitalise them for later.

WOO!

Awww, I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe it could be brought back later, perhaps.

1 Like

… but it is by force. I said no, clearly, and you’re still pushing me to say yes or agree. And sure, it’s been a while, but I also clearly remember you mentioning to me that it seemed like I rushed the revamp in the past and taking that with other comments in consideration I’ve been taking my time to not put together a half-arsed rp. Not to mention I am a student… I am going to be applying for college soon and figuring out how to go there and rp planning for something of this caliber takes a long time. And also, even if I didn’t have these reasons, so what, it’s still something I put my time and energy into to cultivate. In addition, I don’t understand how a tag will be scaring off someone from making a mythology rp. It is called CHB Rpers, CHB is not all of mythology, it’s specifically Greek Mythology (and universe which includes Roman, Norse & Eygptian which isn’t even a quarter of the mythology that exists out there) through the lenses of an author in the 20th century. There are way more ways to make a Greek mythology then just using CHB, the amount of Greek Mythology retellings you can use to set your scene is insane (TSOA by Madeline Miller, Lore by Alexandra Bracken, Lore Olympus , etc.) not to mention you can actually go back to the source material itself and make one yourself. So I’m not quite sure how reading “CHB Rpers” will be scaring anyone away from making their own general Mythology RP. It seems more likely that the major threads it had would do that instead. Not to mention, I don’t really go around tagging CHBRpers outside of non-CHB RP related threads so I’m not sure how’d they even find it in the first place unless they went on a dig throughout the forums.

3 Likes

I’m not going to talk much more on this. The only reason is 'cause of the massive block text here. Sorry, that’s just me but usually block text makes me lose concentration in both reading and replying.

Though I figured I should reply to one thing, which is just the mention of someone still being about to create mythology stories. As I recall that there was a user who wanted to actually do a Percy Jackson RP about 1-2 months after CHB either closed or went inactive. Which they mentioned but I believe someone told them CHB existed and then you followed it up with saying you had one and was planning a revamp.

The thing with this is that the user could have done their one. In terms of rules it would of been okay, 'cause the revamp hadn’t happened.

I don’t remember saying you rushed or half-arsed it. After all, that’s why I joined, because of the planning that went it.
I only left 'cause I got busy with life and didn’t like having one of my characters killed when I wasn’t there to react. And I’m sorry for that, not being there and how that ended.

1 Like

Uh… @Dusk or @OhSumana, do you think it’s be revived? Meeke didn’t think so but just checking.

@CerealKiller, what about this one?

@novella?

@Ouijaloveletters or @OhSumana, what do you think?

@bpalmer or @LunaticLeviTheSecond, what do you think?

@fraud or @passionfruit?

2 Likes

Nah

2 Likes

I don’t think so.

2 Likes