Clothing Sizes help

Sorry, not sure what tags to put.

So I have a question for you guys/asking for advice.

For those of you who do not know me very well, I am really into fashion I want to create my own label one day.

And I have started to work on my first collection but need some advice or some answers about clothing.

Specifically sizes (ATM)

I want to gage an idea about what the most popular sizes are and what sizes are more difficult to find. As well as what problems you might currently have with “one-size-fits-all” on standard sizes.

I want to do my best to have a wide range of sizes but while I am starting out it will likely be limited.

So I am going to create a poll (feel free to comment) to get some ideas on wear to start.

I also want to hear your thoughts in regards to issues specifically effecting “men” or “women’s” clothing.

• XXS (Aprox. UK 6-8)
  • XS (Aprox. UK 8-10)
  • S (Aprox. UK 10-12)
  • M (Aprox. UK 12-14)
  • L (Aprox. UK 14-16)
  • XL (Aprox. UK 16-18)
  • XXL (Aprox. UK 18-20)
  • XXXL (Aprox. UK 20-22)
  • Other (Comment below)

0 voters

Please note this is based on UK shop sizes based on how they are fitted. This may vary.

I will add a conversion for US and EU sizes shortly.

Thanks <3

@Familie @FTDFam

7 Likes

Definitely need more petite clothes and smaller shoe sizes. I’m a size 5 woman’s.

5 Likes

Need more clothing for body SHAPES. I’m pretty curvy and I feel like there’s not enough clothing made for these bodies, you gotta get plus size or regular size. That ain’t right!

5 Likes

added some tags!

2 Likes

Where I work the usual clothing sizes are this:

Note: these are dutch sizes so you do need to change them a little bit I think.

women

Translation help:
Borst = chest (cm)
Taille = waist (cm)
Heup = hip (cm)

*cm = centimeter

What I’ve noticed is that lots of women like clothing that accentuates their curves and body but also that slightly corrects / slims.

It helps if you offer clothes that accentuates every body type.
I have a hour glass shape and lots of the dresses we sell accentuates on the hip and my accent lies in my waist so I look baggy and fat in their dresses. I have a dress that looks beautiful and hip on me, but makes my mom look like an old hag (her words, not mine)

Same with the pants, I’ve noticed that high waste pants get sold more.

As for colors, what the company I work for doesn’t do too well is to include a color for everyone.

Personality, I’m a soft warm person who looks best in pastel colors.

Yet my mom is someone who looks best in Bordeaux and bright and warm colors

My collegue looks good in cold and soft colors

A friend of mine looks good in dark and bright cold colors.

So having at least an option for those will help attract a variety of people.

4 Likes

Thank you! <3

Thx

4 Likes

For me, it depends on the clothing item, its style, and brand. ‘Cause with some I’m an ‘M’ and some I’m an ‘L’.
So, honestly, why can’t all clothing work to the same size to measurement chart?

3 Likes

I kinda wanna remove numbers from mine.

By that i mean the whole Large and size 12 business. And just have measurements with possibly names like Moth, Butterfly ect… so you dont have to check the sizes individually cos ik that for some people (myself included) seeing “large” numbers/“small” numbers or being described as small or large or whatever can be triggering.

So im hoping to find a solution

2 Likes

OMG! Yes, I love that idea. So true, and those names are really unique and cute too

2 Likes

<3 i just hate the stigma around clothes sizes

3 Likes

Yeah, I totally get that.

3 Likes

What about the cut of womens shirts.

Ive noticed that especially on young girls shirts they tend to be tighter especually around the sleeves in comparison to boys shirts?

3 Likes

Yes, baggier shirts are a must

3 Likes

and pockets please :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Standard.

I also want to add, straps to cardigans and jackets to you can wear them just on your shoulders without it coming off

3 Likes

Oo

That’s smart!

2 Likes

I agree!!

Also, proper sleeves on t-shirts instead of cap sleeves

2 Likes

Moved to the new fashion category

1 Like

Also, why do i have 50 notifications from u lol?

1 Like
1 Like