Continue The Ghost Story đź‘»

This time, you be da ghost :ghost:
Once upon a time…
A girl named Alyssa was struck by lightning. It was a very quick death for her and she hadn’t realized she was dead until she saw her own body and freaked out. Looking at herself, she found that she was half-transparent and was floating in the air.
Floating in the air?? This sounds very…

4 Likes

Odd. Her mom walked over.
“Alyssa!” She called. “Alyssa, come back here!”

2 Likes

She immediately turned to find her mom staring at her lifeless body, looking shocked that her daughter was dead. Alyssa went over to hug her mom, wanting to tell her that everything is fine, but she knew that her mom wouldn’t feel her hug or hear her. Sadly, she took one last look at her mom and went away…

2 Likes

The raw, vulnerable emotion in her mom’s voice followed her until she was far away. Finding herself in the urban part of the city, Alyssa weaved in and out of the crowds, thinking about what to do next. She was dead. Dead.

2 Likes

There was nothing she could do about this reality and she didn’t know what to do. Looking at the lively humans chattering away, laughing, or even just talking, she felt jealous of them. Why her? She thought.

1 Like

Alyssa considered calling the police.

1 Like

She floated to the nearest phone and reached out her ghostly hand. It passed right through the phone. Letting out a desperate sob, Alyssa finally realised that this was now her reality. Nothing could be done.

1 Like

Alyssa saw some other floating people nearby. They were everywhere, maybe this wouldn’t be so bad?

2 Likes

She might as well make some friends since, well, she did have all the time in the world. Maybe she could find a way to reverse her death? Alyssa finally decided to float over to a headless man with a disturbingly circular package in his hands.
" Uh, hello? " She asked cautiously, beginning to mentally debate if this was the right choice.

2 Likes

“Hello.” a deep voice sounded, the headless man turning towards Alyssa.
“W-where is your voice coming from?” Alyssa asked cautiously.
“I’m dead. I don’t need a head to have a voice.” the voice said curtly. The man glided promptly away, caressing the package in his hands.

2 Likes

Alyssa looked around, and saw a floating blob of mangled body parts. She glides over. “Did you blow up?”

2 Likes

“Yup,” a friendlier voice said. “You?”
Alyssa hesitated.
“Lightning…” she replied tentatively.
“That’s gotta be so rare.”

2 Likes

“Woah, you’re a VIP then.” The blob rrpliedy

1 Like

“What’s your name?” Alyssa asked. “Mine’s Alyssa, nice to meet you.”

“I’m nobody, but you were clearly chosen!”

Alyssa was confused.
“Chosen? What do you mean?”

“You died by lightning! You were chosen!”

“Chosen for what?”
Alyssa asked and hoped that he was just joking about the being chosen thing :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

“To lead the afterlife! You are the next queen!”

“What?! But I just died yesterday! I’m not ready for something like that!”