Could Your Story be Adapted into a Musical?

I’m just saying that there is a reason why Dear Evan Hansen is a musical and Roadside Picnic is not.

2 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Which one, how, and why?

1 Like

Teo and the magic mechanics.

1 Like

The one that I’ve already finished and published: no, because it would be really weird to have the characters sing about their feelings and it just wouldn’t work out.
But the story that I just started writing, that one would probably work as a musical because it already has music and songs in it :thinking: To make a good adaption you’d probably have to cut out some details and focus more on the big moments but it could be good

1 Like

Be more specific for why it didn’t work, it didn’t stop the creators of Wicked, Legally Blonde, Heathers, and Carrie.

1 Like

True, I didn’t think of those :thinking: But it would be difficult to find something the could sing about. It’s a romance story but slow-burn so all “romantic” songs have to be reeeally subtle. And some characters would never ever sing because that’s just not the way they are.

1 Like

Hmm I see.

1 Like

no -

I think so.

Umm… depends on which story. HAHA

What about you guys, @Writers, could your story be adapted into a musical?

2 Likes

Uh…no. Definitely not.

1 Like

Why not?

1 Like

I don’t think a story about a murderous ghost can be very…musical.

1 Like

HAHAHA. If you wanna make it into comedy then it could EASILY be a musical.

1 Like

Good point, lol.

1 Like

I think so… There’s No Accounting for Taste could definitely be adapted into a musical. Maybe also Wrapped Around Your Finger.

1 Like

Cool. How many stories do you have?

I’ve got:

1. Diary of a Middle School Teacher - I never finished it, but it had 16 chapters.
  2. Miss Understood - complete
  3. There’s No Accounting for Taste - complete.
  4. Wrapped Around Your Finger - ongoing

And there’s the new story I’m entering into the Unexpected Love contest. It’s called Can’t Be Broken.

I also have a discontinued story called The Write Team, and a text-based one that I have on Wattpad. It has 9 chapters, and I haven’t discontinued it, but I haven’t updated it since May.

1 Like

I really don’t know if any of mine could be adapted into a musical (Even assuming they were to actually be fully written beyond fragments of writing and world building/character/story notes)

Most of them don’t necessarily seem like it would fit, whether because of the worldbuilding aspect or because it doesn’t seem like it would work well with how the plot would move forward. Though, perhaps one of them would work, just taking it in a more comedic direction.

1 Like