Crazy Noisy Bizarre Thread - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

I just realized there’s no thread for this anime! So I decided to make one myself. Also, yes, I’m sorta back from my hiatus and I haven’t created a topic in months.

Alright.

So, first, what is Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure?

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure is a fantasy manga/anime created by Hirohiko Araki that follows a family of different protagonists, all with the nickname “JoJo”. Because of this, the series itself takes place throughout different periods of history and has a different cast of characters for each part, as well as different villains. Each part contains different genres. The art has changed as well.

The original manga was published in 1987 and is still running to this day.

Let’s take a look at each part:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Parts
  • Phantom Blood (1987) - the 1st part of Jojo, which takes place in Victorian England during the late 1800s. It stars Jonathan Joestar as the protagonist, a gentleman dedicated to fighting evil and preserving true justice.
    Genre: Gothic horror/drama.

• Battle Tendency (1987-1988) - the 2nd part of Jojo. This takes place during the 1930s. Joseph Joestar, Jonathan Joestar’s grandson, is the protagonist. He’s a crafty, funny, yet lazy trickster who’s also brilliant and steps up when he needs to. (He’s personally my favorite Jojo.) This takes in different places, starting in New York and ending in Italy.
    Genre: Action-adventure, comedy/fantasy.
    (This is one of my favorite Jojo parts.)

• Stardust Crusaders (1989-1992) - the 3rd part of Jojo and arguably the most popular part. This part is what made Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure popular itself and made Jojo what it is today. This takes place in 1988 and stars Jotaro Kujo, the grandson of Joseph Joestar. He’s a “delinquent” who’s arrested and believes he’s possessed by an “evil spirit”, which is actually just his supernatural powers awakening. Eventually, he embarks on a journey to Egypt to defeat his family’s nemesis and save his mother from sickness, facing off against enemies with various powers who are all loyal to the wicked villain that aims to wipe out the Joestar bloodline.
    Genre: action-adventure, fantasy, supernatural

• Diamond is Unbreakable (1992-1995) - the 4th part of Jojo and the chillest/most relatable part (as well as the least tragic part.) It feels like a breeze of air from the first 3 parts. This part has Josuke Higashikata as its protagonist, a stylish teenager with a pompadour (and those who talk about his hair will face his wrath.) This takes place in Morioh, Japan, in 1999. He meets Jotaro Kujo and creates one of the best groups of allies in the series including a short student, a dense delinquent with a devastating power, a crazed mangaka, a chef, and even an alien (it’s complicated.) But Josuke’s life is interrupted when a serial killer begins haunting the strange town with a deadly power of his own, putting Morioh in danger.
    Genre: fantasy, mystery, slice of life
    (Another one of my favorite parts yet)

• Vento Aureo [Golden Wind] (1995-1999) - the 5th part of Jojo, starring Giorno Giovanna as the protagonist. This takes place in Italy (one of Araki’s favorite places in the world) during 2001. Ruthless yet noble, we follow Giorno as he works hard to achieve his dream of becoming a “Gang-Star” with his allies by his side, who are all working hard to defeat the mysterious boss of Passione, the Italian mafia.
    Genre: fantasy, drama, gangster thriller

• Stone Ocean (2000-2003) - the 6th part of Jojo, which has the first female Jojo, Jolyne Cujoh. It also takes place in Florida in 2011. Framed for a crime she didn’t commit, the smart-mouthed and crafty Jolyne finds herself in prison and encounters new people with strange powers, along with awakening her own. Jolyne and her fellow prison mates band together to fight a powerful villain with connections to the man who haunted the Joestar bloodline before his defeat. (This also has a bunch of well-written female characters, which is amazing considering the time it was written in.)
    Genre: prison escape, action-adventure, fantasy, horror

• Steel Ball Run (2004-2011) - the 7th part of Jojo. Johnny Joestar, a depressed paraplegic jockey in 1800s America, participates in the Steel Ball Run horse race in order to find an important item that’ll help him walk again. He encounters some of the strangest racers and develops a new power that’s essential in defeating the elusive villain.
    Genre: Western, drama, some action

• JoJolion (2011-2021) - the 8th part and latest part of Jojo, starring another Josuke Higashikata… or Jos2ke. He’s referred to as Gappy and is a quirky amnesiac trying to discover his true identity. In 2011 Japan, he meets a family that possesses a strange fruit. I don’t remember the rest and I haven’t even read this part yet. I’m still on Stardust Crusaders, please don’t ask me anything else-
    Genre: thriller, mystery, fantasy?? Idk bro

And of course, our Jojos:

• Jonathan Joestar
  • Joseph Joestar
  • Jotaro Kujo
  • Josuke Higashikata
  • Giorno Giovanna
  • Jolyne Cujoh
  • Johnny Joestar
  • Jos2ke Higashikata (aka Gappy)

They each have some sort of supernatural power that aids them throughout the part, as well as a group of allies (called Joestar Groups or [coined by fans] “Jobros”.)

All the Jojos:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: A Legacy to be Continued With Part 9 Confirmed -  Pigeon Week

L-R: Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, Josuke, Giorno, Jolyne, Johnny, and Jos2ke/Gappy.

And another one cuz I love these. You can see the progression of Araki’s art through each picture.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Shattered Heaven (JoJo Fan RP. Looking for  Players!) — Roleplayer Guild

Parts 1-6 have been animated by David Productions. I found Jojo on Netflix. Parts 1 and 2 (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency) are season 1, part 3 (Stardust Crusaders) is season 2, part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable) is season 3, part 5 (Vento Aureo/Golden Wind) is season 4 (MISTA NO-), and part 6 (Stone Ocean) is season 5, which will be released on December 1 on Netflix. :grin: Y’all should watch it!

There are also one-shots, light novels, and OVAs for the series, as well as video games, including:

• Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan (OVA + one-shot)
  • Purple Haze Feedback (light novel)
  • Dead Man’s Questions (light novel set after Diamond is Unbreakable)
  • Eyes of Heaven (the most popular video game yet, on PS3)
  • Heritage For The Future (arcade game)
  • Stardust Crusaders (13 episodes released in 1993 and 2000… it’s a long story)

This anime is a meme dream come true. So if you love out of context memes and funny stuff, watch it too (I’m joking)

And the fashion is out of this world- truly bizarre and I love it.

SIDE NOTE: Do not (and I mean do NOT) EVER search up anything Jojo-related while watching the series, you WILL get spoiled to hell and back. Don’t do it. Just don’t do it.

That being said- enjoy the crazy noisy bizarre series that is JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

@AnimeNerds

6 Likes

heya staff members, can you please add tags to this? and The Writer’s Ranting Thread :pen: :memo::pleading_face: I forgot them

@GeneralLeaders

Added tags

1 Like

Thanks

A JoJo thread, yes!

JJBA is one of my all-time favorite anime/manga. It may not be the most phenomenal story in terms of plot, but its entertainment value hits different for me. I just finished watching the first 12 episodes of Stone Ocean (Part 6) a few days ago, and now I can’t wait for more. I’ve read the manga for Parts 4-8 and I’m also planning to read Parts 1-3 once I have spare time. There will also be a Part 9 for the manga and I’m excited for that one as well.

1 Like

I’m on Diamond is Unbreakable and I’m kinda obsessed with this show now-

The storytelling is really good. Favorite JoJos are Joseph and Josuke so far. Plus I love how it tells the story of a new protagonist in each part with a new setting and time period, you don’t get that often in anime/manga!

I just finished part 1 (Phantom Blood’s) manga 2 days ago and I’m on part 2 (Battle Tendency.) I love seeing the art style changes through each chapter

2 Likes

I ship Josuke and Okuyasu hard affffff it’s crazy

I now have severe JoJo brainrot

Bump

Yess. JoJo is truly awesome. Such a shame that some people don’t continue to watch the next parts because they didn’t like Phantom Blood (which is honestly not even the best part yet). But I guess JoJo doesn’t have the mass appeal that other mainstream anime have.

1 Like

Josuke is also my favorite JoJo. And DiU is my favorite part that has anime adaptation, so far. Unlike other parts, Part 4 felt more light-hearted for me and I kinda wanted it to keep going. Plus Kira is also a cool villain (he’s my favorite JoJo villain. Part 7 is my favorite part overall, though.

2 Likes

I love DIU soooo much. And I love the lighthearted feel of it, too. It’s like a nice breather. Kira’s veryyyyy good looking. But I gotta read Part 7 to understand the hype, I’m on the Stardust Crusaders manga right now.

Hi, I live here now. Time to do some more fanart

1 Like

A NEW RESIDENT ON THIS THREAD

YAY

1 Like

I made the mistake of getting into this fandom and now I can’t stop thinking about how hot all the characters are why can’t people have boob windows and pants shoes in real life? This fandom has more than enough gay ships to sedate my crack art. All of you beware ~

1 Like

The gay ships are the best part.

1 Like

Stand OCs

1 Like

Oooh! Stand names?

1 Like

They’re in the image captions

Green one is「Lake of Fire」

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jPglNrZhkA

Baseball bat is「Miracle of Love」

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOGD1WkJJok

And the user somewhat looks like Annie Lennox. You can tell I love her content

1 Like

Annie Lennox is underrated, I gotta listen to more of her stuff!

1 Like