Current Affairs: Amber Heard & Johnny Depp Debacle

Amber Heard and Johnny Depp married back in 2015 but they had been together since 2012. There are many cases where Amber said that Johnny was abusive towards her. Though he has denied all the allegations against him. One point, Amber accused Johnny of burning a painting from Amber’s former partner Tasya Van Ree back in 2013, of course, he denied the claims about the painting. Their marriage was officially dissolved back in 2017. I will post below an article that has a timeline of the whole feud between the two. There is another case that Amber had physically assaulted her partner Tasya which she ended up in jail for a night before she was released. Though Depp used this in court Tasya still supported Amber instead. Both ex-partners of Depp’s said that he was never abusive to them during the time they were together. Amber also said that Depp tried to buy drugs during a trip they were on. It’s no secret that Depp drinks and does drugs but supposedly she has proof that he did this.

I’m not quite sure about how I feel about the cases. I truly do not believe Heard’s version of the story. I have a few reasons for this which are both ex-partners of Depp’s who are Winona Ryder and Vanessa Paradis both claim he was never abusive towards them. Winona was engaged with Depp for three years before splitting with him. Then he met Vanessa who he was in a relationship with for fourteen years. They have two children together to which Vanessa said he was never abusive to her and their children. I’ve heard bits and pieces about the whole ordeal since it started but I never gave it any serious thoughts until recently. They both are not saints but it is very hard for me to believe Amber Heard over this subject. I feel like this was a publicity stunt to make her popular in the spotlight but it backfired to the point that both people were hurt in more ways than one. Domestic abuse is horrendous because it tears families apart. It can cause rifts between the parents and the children in the family. I have seen domestic abuse in my own life which caused problems so I’m not a stranger to this type of situation. (No, I will not disclose my personal experiences of dealing with domestic abuse. That is no one else’s business.) Losing their main roles was an equal punishment but it took until this year for Heard to even lose her role as Mera. That in my opinion is unfair since they removed Depp’s role first. Though now people are starting to see that Heard is not being very truthful which caused her role to be taken away. This is my opinion on the matter as a regular person reading in on a case that has rattled the Hollywood industry. Answer the questions that I listed. I would like to see what others think about this case. I won’t judge anyone for their beliefs about the actor and actress at hand.

How do you feel about the whole situation? Do you think Amber is telling the truth? Do you think Johnny is innocent of the alleged domestic abuse? Have you been following the case? Do you think it was fair for both to lose big roles such as Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean and Mera from Aquaman?

@Discussions

7 Likes

I think there is more to the story that isn’t in the media.

I don’t think they should have lost the roles until the matter had finished going through the court systems. Though the public nature of it I understand the companies wanting to distance themselves from the alleged abuse.

They should have lost the roles at the same time not Johnny deep first.

2 Likes

Have you heard their recorded conversations together?
It’s bad and sometimes it’s alot to take in.
Every time he questions her about what she’s done, she brushes it off, gaslights, or belittles. Also, what she says in that audio doesn’t match up to her what she said in her hearing.
I tried to remain unbiased. Like what if he’s just being calm in the recordings to sound like he’s being “fair” and the “normal” one in case it’ll be used in court?
But idk…It sounds like he’s really trying and she isn’t
It actually sounded like conversations I’ve had with my ex (emotional abuse). The wording, tones, and temperament Amber used reminded me so much of him :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I don’t know if they should’ve lost roles. Things should’ve been dealt with in court first :woman_shrugging: But of course, court cases take forever. It’s an iffy situation.
You don’t wanna be that person that fires someone innocent, but you also don’t want to employ a trash bag :confused:

1 Like

I’m a feminist… but based on what I’ve seen, heard, and read about this situation (I’ve been following it for months now) Amber is just a terrible person. Johnny has his problems, but no one, regardless of gender, deserves to be abused. She deserves to be blacklisted and needs to go to prison.

5 Likes

I agree with this but I also wish the truth had come out sooner than it really did. She has basically ruined his life which is really hard to get back to where he use to be.

1 Like

No, I actually haven’t heard the recordings. I don’t like Amber Heard at all. She comes off toxic to me just from what I have read about her. She used him then threw him to the wolves so that she could get attention. I like Johnny Depp so I know a lot about him which is something I usually don’t do with celebrities. I just wish he can come back from this.

1 Like

I feel like they should of lost their roles after the court date but not before everything was finalized. It annoys me that Heard lost her’s last instead. It’s the whole “me too movement” jumped to her defense instead of looking at the whole truth. I have nothing against the “me too movement” but I feel like they jump to conclusions before they find out the truth which isn’t good at all.

1 Like

Agreed, yeah he does have some alcohol and drug problems but other than that he is a great guy. What Amber did to him was uncalled for. He didn’t deserve that at all. His own children had to watch this happen to their father which is something that sickens me. She about nearly destroyed his life.

1 Like

The recordings will make you mad I think :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There’s subtitles for these, but the guy who uploaded states his opinions here and there.

3 Likes

Thank you! I will watch them in a minute.

1 Like

Now he’s screwed up for the rest of his life too. Smh.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how I feel about it too.

1 Like

I just feel bad for him… hope he wins the cse.

1 Like

Same here, I think he will win the case. He has more people backing him up with actual evidence then she does.

1 Like

His friend Jeanne Larson started the petition. This is all interesting…

1 Like

Yep, have you listened to the videos posted above?

1 Like

Not really, although I’ve read updates on Change.org.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m slowly listening to them. I will.check that site out then.

1 Like

It’s the 3rd day of the trial too…

1 Like