D&D Adventure Begins - Deathsleep

Welcome to Adventure Begins!

You and your party of heroes are on a journey through the lands of Neverwinter. You’ll work together to overcome challenges, battle monsters, and defeat the big Boss monster that’s terrorising the realm.
Step forward, brave heroes, adventure awaits.

Things to know:

• Your stamina is set to 10. Every time you are injured, it decreases. Once it reaches zero, you are dead. You can be revived by foriting your gold, OR if you have none, another player can help by paying one gold.
  • You are given (or can select) a backpack that has certain (random) items to spark your imagination to help with challenges you may have to undertake.
  • Gold can be collected along the way. You can save it or spend it. - 3 Gold for an item card, 5 Gold to level up, or to pay for death as said above.
  • Items - If you gain an item then use it how it says to. However, use it wisely, you may only use it once per area in the realm, for which there are four.
  • Dice - For attacks and some challenges, a die needs to be rolled. This is something I, as Dungeon Master, will be doing for you all.

The heroes:

Kiya Astorio

Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer

Choose personality:
The Trickster

Clever, Playful, Impatient

Skill: Invisible Hand
A little magic here and there goes a long way. Now it’s time to lay down the law. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

The Sage:

Rational, Tentative, Kind

Skill: Spellsmith
Friendship is one of the strongest bonds humans can form. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may choose to roll with a friend, choose the highest roll for this attack.

Roll 1-10 = Nothing happens
Roll 11-17 = Attacks the monster with damage of 2
Roll 18+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 3 & you get one gold

Weapons:
Burning Hands (Attack Spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Magic Missiles (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Illusionist
Describe how you use magic to confuse the monster.

Roll 11-16 = Attacks the monster with damage of 2
Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

Korinn Narturim

Race: Red Dragonborn
Class: Rogue

Choose personality:
The Wanderer

Solitary, Stubborn, Watchful

Skill: Thick Skin
Your not going to let one bit of bad luck scuff your scales. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may reroll a low throw.

The Bandit

Cunning, Quick, Quiet

Skill: Thief’s Gift
You see the signs, and find a secret thief’s cache full of supplies. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Roll 1-10 = +1 stamina to any two players
Roll 11+ = +2 stamina to any two players

When this ability is used, the monster doesn’t attack you.

Weapons:
Sneak Attack (attack move) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Short Sword (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Survivalist
Describe how you turn your surroundings into a weapon.

Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

Lucan Silverfrond

Race: Elf
Class: Bard

Choose personality:
The Rebel:

Confident, Unpredictable, Fun

Skill: Wild Fury
The wilderness lives in you, and wild things can not be held back. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

The Scholar:

Honest, Cautious, Smart

Skill: Timeless Knowledge
Elves are long lived and have profound wisdom. They know when it’s best to rely on a friend. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose to roll with a friend, choose the highest roll for this attack.

Weapons:
Cloud of Daggers (Attack spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Short Sword (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Natural Disaster
Describe how you use nature to attack.

Patrin Nemmonis

Race: Red Dragonborn
Class: Rogue

Choose personality:
The Outlaw:

Defiant, Aggressive, Loyal

Skill: Sneak Attack
When the monster’s back is turned, you strike again! Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

The Champion

Noble, Bossy, Independent

Skill: Tag Team
Even self-sufficient dragonborn know when it’s time to call in reinforcements. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose to roll with a friend, choose the highest roll for this attack.

Weapons:
Small Blow Darts (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Throwing Daggers (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Sleight of Hand
Describe how you use trickery and the items in your backpack to attack the monster.

Ris Strongheart

Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter

Choose personality:
The Gambler

Daring, Arrogant, Funny

Skill: Ruthless Attack
You’ve been training your whole life for battle. Now it’s time to lay down the law. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

The Genius

Shrewd, Courageous, Cocky

Skill: Strategic Attack
Any good fighter knows that a good team is the strongest offence. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose to roll with a friend, choose the highest roll for this attack.

Weapons:
Small Iron Hammer (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Flail (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Brute Strength
Describe how you would attack using your body.

Salazar Tarmikos

Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer

Choose personality:
The Tornado

Unpredictable, Harsh, Decisive

Skill: Wind Wielder
A sorcerer’s magic can be wild and unexpected. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may use a gust of magic to reroll a low throw.

The Healer:

Merciful, Selfless, High-strung

Skill: Soothing Words
When you see someone in need, your first instinct is always to help. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Weapons:
Earth Tremor (Attack Spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Whirlwind (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

It’s ALIVE
Describe how you bring an object in your backpack to life to attack the monster.

Tak Steelsmith

Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter

Choose personality:
The Fixer

Resourceful, Blunt, Focused

Skill: Clever Hands
Your skills as an artisan means you know how to look at a problem and find the solution. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may reroll a low throw.

The Enforcer

Dutiful, Grumpy, Deliberate

Skill: Expert Gear
You make all your ow gear, including weapons that you had enchanted with healing abilities. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Weapons:
Small Pickaxe (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Large Broadsword (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Trick shot
Describe how you combine your weapons and items in your backpack to attack.

Thia Silverfrond

Race: Elf
Class: Bard

Choose personality:
The Seeker

Brave, Reckless, Positive

Skill: Inspiring Voice
Rally your party with just the sound of your voice! Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may sing to reroll a low throw.

The Peacekeeper:

Calm, Easy-going, Insightful

Skill: Song of Rest
Even in the heat of battle, you can bring healing to your friends. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Weapons:
Small Shortbow (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Hideous Laughter (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Theatrical Distraction
Describe how you get the monster’s attention using musical instruments or items in your backpack.

The Boss Monster of your quest:

Deathsleep (Green Dragon)

The evil dragon Deathsleep lives deep in the woods outside of Neverwinter, breathing noxious fumes into a once-beautiful forest. He’s positioned his lair near the road so he can surprise travellers and traders passing through. He steals their treasure and turns them into a nasty snack. Destroy him before he ruins the forest for good and catches more innocent passerby in his snares.

2 Likes

Time to choose which heroes you’d like to be while discussing with each which ones will fit well for this adventure too. (wink) Remember to choose which personality for each hero too!

You can find the other adventure here if you want to follow along.

4 Likes

OMG I really wanna be Thia :pleading_face: is everyone okay with that?
I love this group already!! ^-^

3 Likes

Can I be Korinn Narturim?
Personality bandit.

4 Likes

I’d like to be Patrin Nemmonis (Personality : champion) if everyone else’s okay with it

3 Likes

wowow so interesting
me wanna join
can i
but i dont know anything about d&d

4 Likes

I think this would be the most helpful to us, guys :eyes:

3 Likes

me neither. I’m just playing along

3 Likes

You could, yes, even though voting has already taken place. But it would have to be the other one with few people. Is that okay with you?

2 Likes

wow wtf

2 Likes

Yep, I’m okay with that!

1 Like

Oooh can I have Salazar Tarmikos, The Tornado (since we already have two health distributing people yes)

2 Likes

WOOWOWOWO CHID THE TORNADO

2 Likes

*Salad bar the Tornado

2 Likes

JSJDKDDKK SALAD BAR-

2 Likes

Can I please have this? (If anyone else doesn’t mind)

2 Likes

I believe @OhSumana has taken them?

2 Likes

It’s ok, I’ll be Kiya then

2 Likes

Cool. Which personality? It might help to look at the other characters and personalities to see what might help the group most.

2 Likes

Yes

Patrin Nemmonis, personality : Champion

2 Likes