D&D Adventure Begins - The Kraken

I don’t know what to do XD
so weapons don’t work so we kinda have to try the sleight of hand thingemybob
Ok so they use the grappling hook on the walls, meaning they can like swing around like some kinda lunatic, and wrap the goop in chains while they’re doing that

Ok

2 Likes

Woah… :eyes:

Noice

YES
WE LOVE ROMANCE

3 Likes

Well, weapons can work but it’s harder, just +5 more on the die to get a good result. But that works. Cool.

Two of Patrin’s group mates had been glooped by the deliciously smelling treat thing, and a third, Kiya, was now being strangled. So adjesting the bag on their back, Patrin removed the grappling hook and threw it up at a semi-fallen rock wall above them. It hooked around it and Patrin wildly around the puddle of black like a lunatic. It seemed to be working as the hand let go of Kiya and dropped back into the puddle. It splattered black on the walls with every miss it made at Patrin. (-2 damage to the black pudding)

Rolls… Patrin: 13 and Creature: 1

Patrin Nemmonis, the Outlaw

@Acorn06
Race: Red Dragonborn
Class: Rogue
Stamina: 9
Gold coins: 2

Backpack:

Crowbar
Large ball of yarn
Grappling Hook
Lock and Chains

The Outlaw:
Defiant, Aggressive, Loyal

Skill: Sneak Attack
When the monster’s back is turned, you strike again! Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

Weapons:
Small Blow Darts (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Throwing Daggers (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Sleight of Hand
Describe how you use trickery and the items in your backpack to attack the monster.

Roll 1-10 = Nothing happens
Roll 11-16 = Attacks the monster with damage of 2
Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

@elixr, it’s your turn.

1 Like

I’m gonna do Hideous Laughter again (Roll 12+)

1 Like

Somehow, after Salazar had done whatever they were doing, Thia had felt energised and back to full strength. So when Patrin started distracted the black pool of sludge, they thought this was the perfect time to retry their ability after being rejuvenated. Thia let out another boisterous and horrendous laugh. This time it seemed to. Perhaps its ears were uncovered but the sludge was raging. (-2 damage to the black pudding) It was raging at Thia once again and splattered them with more of that horrid blob stuff. (-1 damage to Thia)

Rolls… Thia: 18 and Creature: 6

Thia Silverfrond, the Peacekeeper

@elixr
Race: Elf
Class: Bard
Stamina: 9
Gold coins: 2

Backpack:

Jester costume
Disguise kit
Antique bagpipes
Five daggers for juggling

The Peacekeeper:
Calm, Easy-going, Insightful

Skill: Song of Rest
Even in the heat of battle, you can bring healing to your friends. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Roll 1-10 = +1 stamina to any two players
Roll 11+ = +2 stamina to any two players

When this ability is used, the monster doesn’t attack you.

Weapons:
Small Shortbow (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Hideous Laughter (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Theatrical Distraction
Describe how you get the monster’s attention using musical instruments or items in your backpack.

Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

@Skyler2, your turn

4 Likes

Uhmm, can I use Natural Disaster again?
Then again it does hit back, so maybe I could roll Dexterity to get out of the way?

2 Likes

You can.
Though unfortunately, as this is the board game and not an actual D&D game, a Dexterity check is not include. (pout)

2 Likes

;-;
Is there any way of attacking that wont hurt me?

2 Likes

If the attacking die rolls a 1 or 2.

2 Likes

So I basically have to miss ;-;

2 Likes

Have to miss?

1 Like

To not get hurt, I’d have to miss?

2 Likes

No, 'cause if you look at this fight, even those who miss can still be attacked. It’s only if the monster’s D10 rolls a 1 or 2. Other than that, it’s either if you’re not in the battle OR if you have a healing skill where it says the monster won’t retaliate.

2 Likes

okayyy, i cccccc
yes ill just use the natural disaster thingg

2 Likes

The group’s attacks seemed to be quite affect against Black Pudding, as did Lucan attack. So Lucan decided to use the same attack again, rolling his pupils over to the back of his head and leaving nothing but glowing white in its place. With the air billowing around them, more rocks lifted off the ground and flew straight for Black Pudding. (-2 damage to the Black Pudding) There were so many rocks bombing it that it couldn’t retaliate.

Rolls… Lucan: 15 and Creature: 2

Lucan Silverfrond, the Scholar

@Skyler2
Race: Elf
Class: Bard
Stamina: 10
Gold coins: 0

Backpack:

Piles of maps
Ink pen
Book about fire monsters
Magnifying Glass

The Scholar:
Honest, Cautious, Smart

Skill: Timeless Knowledge
Elves are long lived and have profound wisdom. They know when it’s best to rely on a friend. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose to roll with a friend, choose the highest roll for this attack.

Roll 11-17 = Attacks the monster with damage of 2
Roll 18+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 3 & you get one gold

Weapons:
Cloud of Daggers (Attack spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Short Sword (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Natural Disaster
Describe how you use nature to attack.

@Duckling, your turn. Just so you know, so long as you’re successful, you should kill it.

3 Likes

WOWOWOWOW THAT STAMINA DOE

2 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSS
LUCANNNNNN
LETS GO BABEYYYY

2 Likes

That empty bag of coins tho

2 Likes

:hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face: right

2 Likes