D&D Adventure Begins - The Kraken

yfgjhcukdihfbeuebjkyb

1 Like

You may want to remember that there is a third weapon you can all use that’s got slightly more chance of being affective and causing more damage. In fact, when I played this game it’s the one that I always used. Your third weapon on each character only need a roll of 10 or higher to cause damage. You just have to describe how you use it. (wink)

You guys may wanna remember this, @Skyler2, @Acorn06, @Duckling, @ethereal.

Also, the other group may wanna remember it too, for their own adventure. @OhSumana, @Meekepeek, @Secretz, @unsungcheerio.

5 Likes

is it the once per dungeon thing becuase ive been waiting to use it as i wasnt sure how many times we could really us it or what a dungeon would be counted as

1 Like

Nope. That’s only the skill above the weapons where it’s stated once per dungeon/area.

2 Likes

Small throwing daggers? :]

1 Like

All the while the Queen was thrusting her trident about, into the other two heroes, Patrin ran to gather up their daggers from where they had landed. Spininng on their feet to face the Queen, only a few feet away, they threw their blades. Being in such close proximity, of course the three throwing daggers pierced through the Queen’s scales. (-2 damage to the creature) She dropped her trident and swiped her long taloned arms at Patrin, connecting with the skin on their arm. (-1 damage to Patrin)

Rolls… Patrin: 15 & Lizard Queen: 3

Patrin Nemmonis, the Outlaw

@Acorn06
Race: Red Dragonborn
Class: Rogue
Stamina: 6
Gold coins: 4

Backpack:

Crowbar
Large ball of yarn
Grappling Hook
Lock and Chains

Items:

Knight Vision Goggles:
Wearing these makes you look like a terrifying knight for one attack, complete with indestructible armour. (Play to shield from any attack)

Items can only be used once per area.

The Outlaw:
Defiant, Aggressive, Loyal

Skill: Sneak Attack
When the monster’s back is turned, you strike again! Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

Weapons:
Small Blow Darts (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Throwing Daggers (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Sleight of Hand
Describe how you use trickery and the items in your backpack to attack the monster.

Roll 1-10 = Nothing happens
Roll 11-16 = Attacks the monster with damage of 2
Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

@ethereal, what do you do?

2 Likes

well :eyes: we gonna use some magic

i feel like she’s been damaged a lot so i will play it safe especially since i stan and feel bad for her, burning hands! :fire:

1 Like

She’s still needs a couple more good hits

1 Like

:skull:
whelp
too late to change?

1 Like

How? It’s not written yet.

1 Like

IDIOOF
ok we use the … dangit what’s it called…
missles!

1 Like

They had all been attacked now by the Lizard Queen, Kiya had watched it all as they attempted to put pressure on their wounded leg from the trident strike. Seeing the Queen swipe Patrin’s arm, Kiya knew they couldn’t wait any longer to attack. Feeling deep inside themselves, they concentrated and felt the strong thumping in their chest. Thump. Thump. THUMP. Then erupting from their chest, beams of translucent energy soared straight for the Queen, hitting her side. (-2 damage to the creature) She regained her footing quickly and gathered up her trident only to thrust it at Kiya. (-2 damage to Kiya)

Rolls… Kiya: 11+2 & Lizard Queen: 6

Kiya Astorio, the Trickster

@ethereal
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer
Stamina: 3
Gold coins: 2

Backpack:

Dungeon maps
Large pile of rope
Vials of acid
Torch and flint

Items:

Giant Toad
Hope into battle and sic its slimy tongue upon thine foes. (+2 damage)

The Trickster:
Clever, Playful, Impatient

Skill: Invisible Hand
A little magic here and there goes a long way. Now it’s time to lay down the law. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

Weapons:
Burning Hands (Attack Spell) (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Magic Missiles (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Illusionist
Describe how you use magic to confuse the monster.

Roll 17+ = Attacks the monster with damage of 1 & you stun the monster, so he won’t retaliate

@elixr, what do you do?

1 Like

Small Shortbow

1 Like

@CrazyCaliope :eyes:

1 Like

At the same time the Lizard Queen thrust her trident at Kiya, Thia grabbed her shortbow and arrow, aiming it at the modern dinosaur. She fired an arrow. It lodged in the the lizard’s chest and she stumbled, staggering forward. (-2 damage to the creature)

Rolls… Thia: 9 & Lizard Queen: 1

Thia Silverfrond, the Peacekeeper

@elixr
Race: Elf
Class: Bard

Backpack:

Jester costume
Disguise kit
Antique bagpipes
Five daggers for juggling

Items:

Spider Cloak:
Hide from bad guys, eat some flies. Watch out! It’s Spider Cloakkk! (Play to shield from any attack)

The Peacekeeper:
Calm, Easy-going, Insightful

Skill: Song of Rest
Even in the heat of battle, you can bring healing to your friends. Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter), you may roll to see how much health you can distribute. Meaning you can up your stamina.

Roll 1-10 = +1 stamina to any two players
Roll 11+ = +2 stamina to any two players

When this ability is used, the monster doesn’t attack you.

Weapons:
Small Shortbow (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Hideous Laughter (Attack Spell) (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Theatrical Distraction
Describe how you get the monster’s attention using musical instruments or items in your backpack.

@Ouijaloveletters, what do you do?

3 Likes

Sooo… As @Acorn06 is taking time away for themselves at the moment, I need someone to take the character so that I can continue this story/adventure game. As twice now you’ve been interested, would you like to take the character, @Ouijaloveletters?

1 Like

Sure!

1 Like

Awesome, then I ask that you please take your time and read the story so far. Yes, I know it’s a few hundred posts but it will help to understand what’s happened and how the game is played. But I understand it’s a lot, so take your time. Then when you’re ready, you can answer the last story post.

Edit: Uh… @Ouijaloveletters?

1 Like

Ok. I’m going to have Patrin use blow darts. Roll, please.

Staggering forward with the arrow in her chest, Patrin reached into their pocket for one of their darts and the tube. Pushing the dart inside it, they put the dart to their lips and blew. The dart stuck in the side of her neck. A second later, her eyes rolled back and she collapsed to the ground. (-1 damage to the creature)

Rolls… Patrin: 12

Patrin Nemmonis, the Outlaw

@Acorn06
Race: Red Dragonborn
Class: Rogue

Backpack:

Crowbar
Large ball of yarn
Grappling Hook
Lock and Chains

Items:

Knight Vision Goggles:
Wearing these makes you look like a terrifying knight for one attack, complete with indestructible armour. (Play to shield from any attack)

The Outlaw:
Defiant, Aggressive, Loyal

Skill: Sneak Attack
When the monster’s back is turned, you strike again! Once per dungeon (1 of the 4 areas of Neverwinter) you may choose one of your attacks to play twice before the monster retaliates.

Weapons:
Small Blow Darts (roll 5+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 1
Small Throwing Daggers (roll 12+) = Attacks the monster with damage of 2

Sleight of Hand
Describe how you use trickery and the items in your backpack to attack the monster.

I’ll get to the next part shortly.

3 Likes