D&D dungeons and dragons discussion

Play with all of us then :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

Play with me and we can teach Hanna :eyes:

1 Like

bump? :eyes:

@ChaoticDeluge, so what do you think about a forum D&D tournament? :eyes::green_heart:

2 Likes

I’m really not sure how that would work :joy:

2 Likes

The person who is the last one alive in the chaos wins :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

???

It’s definitely confusing, there are ~100 large pages just devoted to making your character!

Just play! Don’t be afraid to use a premade character–a lot of things will come with them or offer suggestions for how to set one up easily–just so you can get the hang of the game! It seems a lot more complicated than it is, since pretty much everything uses a few main mechanisms that only really seem different.

D&D lets you do pretty much anything that you want to do in a magical world, although it places restrictions on mechanics to make sure that while you can try to do pretty much anything, you might not succeed.

• Have you ever played D&D?
  • Would you want to?(I’ve got a forum version here to shamelessly promote)
  • Do you have any questions about how D&D works?

@Discussions
@Dungeoneers ~ y’all have got a bit of experience by now

9 Likes

I play D&D with my brothers every Saturday, it’s a lot of fun! I really like AI dungeon too, it’s like D&D but without rolling… or other people :banana::sparkles:

4 Likes

My only experience of playing D&D is passion’s thread and another thread back on the Episode forums but it’s pretty much just roleplaying with story game elements so it’s not that hard to understand. Passion’s roleplay is still open to sign-ups so :eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve only played D&D through Passie’s RP, and it’s a lot of fun despite the fact that dices hate me. I already know most of the rules, they’re pretty easy to learn, but I still have to ask about rolling.

3 Likes

Honestly I’ve just played through your RP @passionfruit but it’s not that bad once you get how it works, even if I still need to check every time what I can or cannot do in a fight or when I need to roll the dice😅

3 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun!

1 Like

Personally, I’ve never played D&D, but I’ve known a lot of people who have. I’ve never known how I would get started playing it, especially since there haven’t really been opportunities to play D&D. (Well, my high school had a D&D club, one of the biggest clubs, but the club met on Fridays after school. On Fridays I just wanted to go home.) What I do know about D&D is really interesting though.

What should someone who is interested in D&D know about it?

1 Like

I think that what you first and foremost need to know is that it’s a roleplaying game, and both of those aspects are incredibly important. Most of the more specific rules are really stuff that’s best learned as you go along.

Also, character creation takes forever, and I’m sorry.

1 Like

@Gamers dungeons and dragons is a rad game, does anybody have any stories they wanna tell of times they played it? Or has anyone got any bad experiences with it?

1 Like

I’ve never played D&D, but I’m really enjoying @passionfruit’s The Second Quest (D&D) : Official Thread RP

1 Like

So I’m never played this game before.

Can someone please explain to me how to play D&D? :sweat_smile:

Closed due to inactivity