D&D - Virtual Reality Video Game - Official RP

Dreamseeker chuckled. This creature was pretty interesting. She wondered why they’d randomly ask if she was hurt. Mayhaps there was something dangerous in the bathroom. Or could it be something more devious? Either way, Opal didn’t see much of a way out of it. “No, I feel fine. Hopefully, I’ll stay not hurt. I’m actually looking for other people who should be here. Could you help me find them?” Dreamseeker asked. Maybe escaping the mansion was difficult because of a boss battle and not some traps. Hopefully, Elmo didn’t turn into a horrifying monstrosity at the end. “Also, there are no traps in that hallway, right?” Opal thought it was best to double-check.

3 Likes

Evangelo Name

Mav was glad to be out of that room. Luckily, whatever the creature was, it didn’t seem intent on chasing him any further. Mav made a mental note that that was now the spider’s room and it could have it for the rest of eternity. Hermes turned to the corridor he just entered and before moving, he took a look around looking for a door or even some kind of trap along the corridor (both ends).

@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

O͎p͎a͎l͎ ͎a͎s͎ ͎D͎r͎e͎a͎m͎s͎e͎e͎k͎e͎r͎,͎ ͎t͎h͎e͎ ͎P͎l͎a͎s͎m͎o͎i͎d͎ ͎W͎a͎r͎l͎o͎c͎k͎

It straightened it’s neck at the mention of others. “Other people, Dreamseeker has other friends? Elmo has friends too, uh-huh.” It nodded. “I know this whooole house and you’re the only people I’ve seen before. And you have a scary knife too.” Elmo giggled again at the suggest of a trap in here. “Nooo, no trap in here. Only Elmo, and Elmo isn’t a trap.”

1 Like

мαν αѕ нєямєѕ тнє нαƒ-єƒ ѕσя¢єяєя

The corridor was semi well-lit hall by two torches in brackets either side of something painted on the stone wall. That was almost in front of him, just slightly to the left. To the right, in the dead-end, was nothing more than a couple of wooden planks and a broken bucket. Then to the left, the last 6 feet seem to have a carpet going the other way, stretching out past where he could see. Nothing much decorated the stoned walls, except maybe a coat hanging on a hook on the other side of the furtherest torch bracket.

2 Likes

Evangelo Name

He examined both ends of the hallway from where he was standing and decided that… he wanted to check out that coat. It didn’t matter if it was of any importance, he was really just looking for money. Before he did that though, he checked out the markings on the wall, moving slightly to the left. He didn’t touch them - he was just trying to decipher them. Then, mostly out of laziness, he sent his Mage Hand to frisk the jacket pockets for any loose change or random trinkets.

@CrazyCaliope is there a visible door anywhere?

2 Likes

IMG_20220704_110319

'What the…?!’ Ashborn seethed, jaw clenched in frustration as he pulled at the handle of the door, only to discover he was locked inside with a haunted whatever it was. He began to inspect the door, hoping to find some other way to open it.

1 Like

How could she look right at the wall and not see a door, yet keep seeing it whenever she looked at it indirectly? Perhaps it was her imagination how there would be a door there one moment, nothing the next, but if she could see the door there if she didn’t turn, then maybe she could try to open the door from where she could see it. So, without turning to face the mysterious disappearing door, she reached out to try opening the door, or at least to be sure there was a door physically there.

1 Like

˜*°.˜*° Layla as Kallista, the Teifling Wizard °*˜.°*˜

Slowly and carefully, Kallista was able to not just find door, but the handle too, and pull it open. Outside of the room, she saw another wall 10 feet away. Looking left and right, she could tell it was a hallway. About 20 feet to the right and 25 feet to the left. Plus, two small windows in the opposite wall. The sound was of dripping, far to the right.

@Littlefeets - Yeah, you found it. Wasn’t gonna make you roll to see if you did. HAHA … Also, what happened to Skyler’s plan of looking out the window. HAHAHA.

2 Likes

Finally the door was open. Layla was still confused about how the door was there yet not at the same time. She could see a hallway on the other side, but for now, she turned to look back in the room she started in. There was no harm in checking one more time for anything, right? With a quick look at the room, she stopped for a moment, deciding to go towards the window over the middle bed. She could at least take a peek out the tiny window to see if she could see anything about what was outside.

3 Likes

˜*°.˜*° Layla as Kallista, the Teifling Wizard °*˜.°*˜

Though the window slit was thin, Kallista could get a good look. It seemed to some time during the day, perhaps morning, but it was dreary-looking and overcast. To the left a wee way, the building seemed right-angle outward and there was a small balcony attached to it. Mist was covering everything out past the hedged garden below. Below, yes. She could tell she was on the second floor. This place was much bigger than expected.

3 Likes

Opal wouldn’t exactly call them friends. They’re just some people she needs to find. “I honestly don’t know if we’ll be friends. Though, I hope we can be when I meet them. Also, sorry, I’m just using it for light. I would probably never use a dagger in a fight,” Dreamseeker explained. Opal figured that someone who knows about the whole house on her side would come in handy. So, she started to think of a way to have the furry friend help her. Opal didn’t want to promise to be a friend, mostly because she didn’t even know if she could return to the mansion after this level. Also, if they were lying about knowing the whole house and stepping on a spike trap, she would be even more heartbroken. “So, you know the entire house? Could you help guide me to find my future friends? I can unclog that sink or do something in return. Other than something resulting in my death, of course.”

2 Likes

Aԋαɳα αʂ Aʂԋσɾɳ, ƚԋҽ Vαɾιαɳƚ Aαʂιɱαɾ Rσɠυҽ

Ashborn attempted to inspect the door but maybe some of Ahana’s panicked of getting out was hindering the search. Looking around the top of the door and around the side/handle found nothing was restraining the door. But what was holding it? Ashborn pulled and pulled on the handle to no avail.

O͎p͎a͎l͎ ͎a͎s͎ ͎D͎r͎e͎a͎m͎s͎e͎e͎k͎e͎r͎,͎ ͎t͎h͎e͎ ͎P͎l͎a͎s͎m͎o͎i͎d͎ ͎W͎a͎r͎l͎o͎c͎k͎

It nodded again. “Elmo knows this whooole house, like Elmo said, because Elmo has been in every room.” Then at the mention of going with them, it shook its head. “No, Elmo can’t go with you. Elmo is quiet, you are noisy, you will upset the monsters. But if you are looking for your friends then that way goes to a very long hallway.” It pointed down the hall to a door at the end, it was on the left out of the room Dreamseeker had come out of. “That hallway opens into the main entrance and many other rooms on the main floor.” It moved backward. “Elmo is going now. Good luck, friend called Dreamseeker.” Then it clicked its fingers and turned it a red-tinted bubble, floating through the wall opposite the toilet.

3 Likes

IMG_20220704_110319

The longer he stayed inside the room, the more Ahana, who never was very fond of enclosed places, felt uneasy. Perhaps due to that, he might have overlooked any potential tiny details because nothing out of ordinary registered to his senses that could restrict the door. Now the door seemed actually locked, and he found nothing on the top and side of the door, or on the handle of it, he knelt down to check the bottom of the door.

@CrazyCaliope

1 Like

Opal felt slightly insulted that she was called loud. She didn’t feel loud, but she supposed the creature knew better than her. Opal just realized that creature said there were monsters here. That isn’t good for her chances of living. But either way, the thing did give her a direction. It was the only chance she had. So, she walked to the left, to the door Elmo suggested. Dreamseeker tried to open the door as quietly as possible. That is if the door could even open.

2 Likes

мαν αѕ нєямєѕ тнє нαƒ-єƒ ѕσя¢єяєя

Moving in front of the wall, Hermes was attempting to decipher the markings on the wall. (Perception: 13 + 2) He saw that it wasn’t a piece of art or anything, it was a rather intricately decorated rust-coloured door painted on the wall. Then when he enacted mage hand and sent it over to the ‘coat’, there was something awry. (Perception: 6 + 2) Mage hand couldn’t find any pockets on it. The reason for this is probably because there wasn’t any, and it was actually a cloak - a really, really nice one too.

Kneeling down, Ashburn checked the bottom of the door. He found that there were two bolt locks at the bottom that had clearly fallen down and locked the door.

Dreamseeker headed down the hall and put their still humanoid hand to the hand. It opened. Looking into the next room, it was a much larger and more well-lit corridor than the one they were in. Looking straight, they could see a 10 foot long corridor with a door at the end of it. There were double doors to the right and the corridor was 10 feet wide. To the left, the corridor continued for another 14 or so feet with quite a few more doors.

3 Likes

IMG_20220704_110319

The Aasimar’s eyebrows rose a little as he seemed to find the problem that was two bolt-locks fallen shut. He tried to open them and get out of the closet

2 Likes

From looking out the window, Layla could tell it was at least daytime, even if it seemed dreadful out there. Outside she could see a garden below, which wasn’t too bad, despite not being able to see further. At that point, Layla decided it was time to go looking for her teammates, who hopefully wouldn’t be too difficult to find, and they could make their way down to the first floor and outside together. She walked out, just to the other side of the door, to find herself in a hallway, looking around to see if there was anything else of note in that area.

Perception check, right?

2 Likes

Opal decided to take the relatively peaceful time to stow the orb away. Dreamseeker also attached the dagger to the backpack, so she could see as they turned back into a limbless blob. Opal thought the double doors were the main entrance which also probably meant a fight. She didn’t need both at the moment. Opal prioritized the hallway that extended to her left. Dreamseeker slid over to the fourteen-foot hallway. Pausing near the doors and tried to listen to see if she could hear anything or anyone.

2 Likes

Evangelo Name

So the art wasn’t art - it was a door—a fake one. At least Mav thought it was. To make sure, he looked for any handle and tried to see if it would open some magic door. The cloak hanging in the corner caught his eye, particularly how nice it was. He temporarily forgot about any possible traps and grabbed it off the hook himself, immediately draping it over his shoulders. He took one last look around but figured he should try and find his teammates, so he continued down the hall to the carpet to see if there was a new door or someone looking for him. Though he was checking the ground for trip wires - a trap he all too often fell for. Mostly pranks involving floor dropping from overhead - but still.

@CrazyCaliope

3 Likes

Kneeling down, Ashborn checked the bottom of the door. He found that there were two bolt locks at the bottom that had clearly fallen down and locked the door. With a bolt hooked around finger on each hand, he heaved, and slowly the pulled up again. Clearly it would have taken much less time had he used more than a finger.
Then the bolts were up, Ashborn stood and tried the handle. It twisted and opened. Ashborn dashed into the room he’d been in before. Nothing had changed. The other door was still closed along the opposite wall in the opposite corner.

1 Like