Debate: Which is the Best Genre?

Can you make a case for which genre is the best? I’m not talking about your favourite, here. I just mean which genre do you think has the best quality stories in it, which genre teaches us the most, which genre sells the best etc.

I know what I think, but let’s see if we can change each other’s minds!

9 Likes

Gothic Genre and or Romance.

3 Likes

Ooh! Like Frankenstein gothic or neo-gothic?

2 Likes

More along the lines of Sherlock Holmes and the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. In between in my mind.

2 Likes

Romance, Drama, and Folklore.

4 Likes

But I would mainly say Fantasy since it’s widely popular and filled with much variety.

3 Likes

Definitely action/adventure. Its not my favourite but it is the most accessible. With the most crossover in terms of other genres that appear alongside it. Not just that, but adventure is always gonna be relatable and fresh.

I’m an action fan, and not everyone’s into that rush of adrenaline but it makes for easy viewing/reading and it’s ever expanding and growing. I love it, personally

3 Likes

Hounds of the Baskerville is the only one I’ve read, but I think it’s great!

4 Likes

Speaking of adventure cOughKito

2 Likes

The reason i say gothic is because its a large genre that includes things such as fantasy, action and adventure

3 Likes

Yeah Kito is fantasy and action/adventure!

3 Likes

I love gothic fantasy, myself! But then I love all things fantasy. It’s the only genre I can write in :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Read that one as well and loved it :star_struck:

Also, probably romances/fantasies sell best

3 Likes

I like mystery and horry. For genres in most things

^ That should say horror.
6 Likes

They sell really well! Although I’m so damn sick of the bad boy trope that’s everywhere and rarely done well :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I like horry, too! :wink:

Although it’s so hard to do well :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Same. Rude people smoking in leather jackets are just as bad as any other rude person :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Horror is among my personal faves. I just wouldn’t say the best because of how limited it is, like its at its best when it mixes in other emotions but if you go too far its no longer horror. it’s so hard to get right, as well yeah

2 Likes

Yes!!! Being sexy doesn’t give you a free pass to be a d***

2 Likes

Yup. Also, rudeness overshadows sexiness irl

3 Likes