DID and OSDD-1: the fragmented mind (+ a coming out)

this is so much information. We’re actually learning about it in class, yet after I read through this I understand it sooo much more :sob: this is also really brave of you, so thank you for sharing this :heart: my cousin has DID, and not many people believe her, or even understand. I think it’s very complex, but also really amazing at the same time.

2 Likes

no, I think it’s fine… you seem nice, I doubt anyone would mind /g

it’s very good that you want to learn, if there were more people like that there wouldn’t be so much stigma. I appreciate it.

I’m glad we could help… once we graduate we’re hoping to do more, informing people is a very important part of improving the situation. I’m very sorry for your cousin, I hope her situation improves…

– L (they/them)

3 Likes

Hey :wave:. Things are less chaotic IRL.

Its quite nice that my daughter knows the slight differences between me and Raven.

She gets jealous of me hugging her daddy haha :laughing: Luna :crescent_moon:

Your why she doesn’t like me to close to him some days?!

Yep :stuck_out_tongue: :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

“Your” daughter, I thought that was Soph’s matter? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Like Chibiusa fighting with Bunny over Mamoru, huh? :full_moon_with_face:

1 Like

Luna switched with me whilst I was typing :sweat_smile:

Pretty much

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this! It’s very helpful!

2 Likes

Also keeps reminding me of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, the only difference is that most systems seem to have a bunch of Harleys roaming around. Your own cartoon show. :sweat_smile::wink:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what to say because I’m an awkward duck, but I’m proud of you :eyes::green_heart:

This thread is really informative and I’ll waddle away before I spam this with even more awkwardness :eyes::duck:

But you all seem rad from what I’ve seen although I can’t imagine what it’s like to share a space with so many other people/alters… :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

3 Likes

I’m glad we could help

it’s very exhausting and hard to handle, but we’re improving our communication and organisation. it’s a lot of work

– chase (she/him)

3 Likes

Aaaahhhhh veggie!

1 Like

This is very informative! I’m always gonna support y’all and I’m very proud of you for coming out. DID seems quite complex, but I’ll continue to educate myself on it.

4 Likes

so there are like 5 different people that switch? Its so interesting they have their own stories but im confused about age wise…

1 Like

thank youu

you have no idea how much this means, even supportive people are often ignorant and its really hurtful, i know they dont mean harm but it makes me kinda upset when they just assume things and romanticise our struggle

– chloe

not really, im not entirely sure but there’s about 110-120 of us? youd have to ask a gatekeeper to be sure but something like that

im not really sure what you mean with age-wise but we do have different ages

3 Likes

Yeah how do you guys have different ages?

And how often do you switch if you don’t mind me asking~

1 Like

its not chronological ages, more like a mental age ig, but it doesnt equal to maturity? for example, one of our middles whos 12 is a looot more mature than one of our bigs whos 18 i cant really explain tbh. i huess its biological age but only in the inner world, it doesnt affect the body? im not really sure about it either so its hard to explain

nah i dont mind dw- it reaaally depends, if its a stressful day sometimes each hour, and sometimes not at all. when we were hostless we didnt switch thst much but a very broad number did. buttt im the host now and im pretty sure we only switch when i couldnt handle something or just wanna chill in the inner world. hope that answers you questionn

/nm

3 Likes

i am mentally 5 sometimes. all good =D

new question. what is the inner world like? :star_struck:

4 Likes

lmaoo mood

welll it really depends on the subsystem, ours is a town, moderately small, each family has their house, and then we have a park and a frozen lake to skate on and a beach (the seasons dont really exist haha) and shop thingies but you just talk to an npc (a person you can interact with but isnt an alter) and get whatever you want! im currently growing apples and my apple pie is the best hehe
i cant say much for everyone else but the hosts have a huge mansion they cant leave, dannia’s subsystem i forgot what we called it has a big farm, two houses and a bar, one thing is just a void, one is like a replica of the earth but more ‘heavenly’ and with olympus so yeah- very complicated :pensive_cowboy:

4 Likes

i know that this is generally a bad thing

but that just seems so cuteeeeeee

3 Likes

its a bad situation ig but the inner world is greattt, i think thats supposed to be a safe place or something so that makes sense tho- but yeah it is cutee

4 Likes

so does everyone have a birthday?

you can tell i have my prioties straight

3 Likes