Discussion: Age Cap Between Two People In a Relationship

Oh yeah true!

1 Like

I don’t think I would personally want to date a high school student, so I probably wouldn’t date anyone younger than me. I think that the age gap should really depend on the maturity of the two people and their actual ages, because there’s a difference between a 12 and a 17 year old and a 25 and 30 year old, in my opinion :eyes:

3 Likes

It really depends on which stage of life people are in. For example if a pair of adults are 4 years apart, it’s a normal gap but if they’re teenagers, that same gap is a little weird.

I was 15 when my boyfriend was 18…

Are yall still dating?

1 Like

If both of people are of legal age it’s pretty much fine by me. Though I do think it gets a bit odd when one of the people in the relationship is as old or even younger than their partners child…

Don’t really think there should be an age limit.

If it’s between two concenting adults, yeah. Or if they are both minors in a similar age range because ngl it’s kind of creepy if a 17 year old would date a 9 year old.

Yeah now I’m 21

I heard a funny thing once that the youngest you should date is half your age then plus seven. Haha

2 Likes

I can’t do the math- :smiley:

Wait what is half a year oh yes

6+7= 16 :relieved:

Does that make you 12🤔

1 Like

If you’re a minor dating, then the max should be at most 2 and the other person shouldn’t be 18 or above, but I’m not sure about a 17 year old dating an 18 year old tho. Now if you’re 18+, I don’t have an age limit but I think it’s best to date someone below 15 years, for example, a 60 year old dating a 25 year old seems very odd but who am I to judge? Age gap relationships can work out if they both have a lot of similarities but it would be more of a struggle if you’re dating someone that’s born a different generation than you are.

Didn’t do it by my age and did it by how many months are in a year instead

1 Like

I-

Ah

I had a heart attack reading that

Uh lol, didn’t mean to scare ya :sweat_smile:

I think a 17 year old dating an 18 year old is fine, especially if there’s some context like they’re both college freshman or something :eyes:

1 Like

I personally think it’s alright to have a slightly big age difference as long as it’s between two consenting adults.

Although it’s a bit weird to see an old person date someone who’s in same age as their children or grandchildren. Oh well, the things that love can do to people.

Personally, I wouldn’t date someone who’s older or younger than me by 4 years and above. But that’s just me.

As long as you’re legal and over the age of 18, it’s nobody’s place to judge whether the age gap of a relationship is valid, wrong, or right. My dad is over 10 years, maybe 12-15 years older than my step mom (I think she’s in her 30’s) He’s a good, hardworking man, who cares about his family and is very mature. He lives for his family’s success and future. It’s okay if you have a preference in age range, but it isn’t okay for someone else to judge another person’s relationship all bc of a number. Age doesn’t measure love if it’s legal, it never will

4 Likes

It depends
I personally think that once someone is over 18, it’s up to them. Love is love and all that. As long as they aren’t minors, age gaps rlly and truly don’t matter. They are consensual adults, who can do what they like
However when it comes to minors, my opinion is very different. I think that if an age gap is over 2-3 years it’s weird. No offense to anyone but I feel icky about it. Adolescence is a funky time, with people developing at different speeds, but as a rule everyone is developing pretty quickly. this means that two years is a much bigger gap when you’re 14 than when you’re 24.

So yea that’s my input
@Discussions - It’s been a while, what do you guys think about this topic?

4 Likes