Discussion: Childhood Development in RPing

So! We often see cute children in RPs! So, let’s talk about them, and discuss. Here are a few questions to kickstart the discussion.

1. How often do you see children in an RP (12 and under)

2. Do you think they’re portrayed realistically?

3. What is one of your pet peeves about children characters - whether it be portrayals or them - ?

@RPers

21 Likes

Kid characters are usually played as over-the-top cute and helpless, when in reality they’re just annoying little sh*ts that need to be exterminated from existence

6 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

3 Likes

Hm, not often because many RPs are based around high school students or older adults. I’ve found that even when people include younger ages, most people will go for older kids or even older adults before they go for like middle-school-aged kids or younger.

Nope. I’ve see them either portrayed as way too young for their age or way too old for their age—mostly too young though. Like, a 12-year-old is not gonna be playing with dolls, nowadays, they’re gonna be talking about a boy they like, getting bras, first kisses (lmao not me but other 12 year olds) and the like.

I hate when people make all children characters innocent. Like yeah, there are some kids out there that are innocent, but many kids aren’t stupid. And they’re not all helpless. Mostly just don’t like when people resort to stereotypes of kids instead of actually developing their personalities.

6 Likes

not much and i mean yes actually we all kids deep down my pet peeve is that theyre physically limited so like the action is nowhere near as fun cos usually children characters ACTUALLY you know what they can be played one of two ways A really well, totally a little person but also B neglected as a character and just there to make certain things happen

2 Likes

I only saw 2 kids’ characters in Stranded Rp

Just adding a couple tags!

I don’t see child characters in RPs that often. It’d be great to see them more, because kid characters can be fun to do.

Who all has made a child character, and what was it like if you have?

1 Like

;-;

1 Like

Not often, but mostly because in most rps I’m on there isn’t really room for children in the story/plot/concept of the rp

Some of them are, it really depends. Adults sometimes aren’t portrayed realistically either :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure I have one
I actually quite like them but I just don’t see them that often

@RPers, would you like to practice developing children? I was wondering if a RP about children or set in a location where majority of the character had to be kids would work.

What do think, would you be interested? Tell me below.

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
  • Other…

0 voters

2 Likes

I’d be interested if it was an SG. I’ve become quite fond of SGs.

4 Likes

Hmm… nooo… don’t do that to me. HAHAHA. You know you can easily convince me to do SGs. HAHA

4 Likes

I was just stating a fact. I was in no way trying to coerce you into doing so. But I might have considered the possibility of you taking it that way while writing it.

3 Likes

chants: sg sg sg sg sg sg

4 Likes

HEHEHE! You’re sooo cute.

Sooo mean.

4 Likes

Oh yes, I know, I’m adorable.
This is payback for the moodboards.

3 Likes

I’ll think about it. First I have a romance then mystery, and then that might be the next one.
What mood boards? What did I do? (worries)

3 Likes

Oh, you know, this

The thing that I completely forgot about until two minutes ago and decided to use as an excuse to get you to make another SG.

2 Likes

I want a(another) Caliope SG™ :angry: :joy::joy:

3 Likes