Discussion: Dress Code

Do you agree or disagree with dress codes? Let me know in the comment section down below.

I am 50/50 when it comes to dress codes as this depends on the circumstances.

7 Likes

It depends on the situation. I come from a country where most schools have school uniforms. I think it’s a great idea as long as the uniform doesn’t cost a lot of money. It stops kids from using their clothes as a way to boast about their financial situation. It makes them all dress equally instead of some kids shopping at the charity shop while others shop at Gucci or something.

At work, I like loose dress codes. I wanna know if I can be smart or smart casual or causal so that we can all project the same atmosphere. I’d hate a very strict dress code though.

8 Likes

I love dress codes.

There’s nothing quite like uniformity. What I like, however, is flexibility. You can have a uniform with differences between people. Like there are so many ways to wear ‘black business dress’.

I used to wear a slim three-piece suit to work, most people would keep it to shirt and tie, that’s flexible but still uniform, and we tended to look good. A workplace with no dress code just doesn’t really look professional imo

5 Likes

I think for school, church and other professionals places, dress codes are good. Anywhere else, don’t tell me what I can or cannot wear (unless you’re my mum or dad)

1 Like

Never liked uniforms because of my past. Sorry, but dress codes don’t really stop sex crimes.

I don’t think they’re supposed to… Might just be me, I’ve never heard that. If it’s a think in America that’s really silly

8 Likes

apparently, it’s so that “boys don’t get distracted”.

I mean that’s their problem. Dress codes are supposed to be for uniformity. That just sounds like some sexist idiot making arbitrary rules to me. Because it wouldn’t help.

And not only because business dress is still attractive, even if it is

5 Likes

I agree with both @ChaoticDeluge and @ShanniiWrites

1 Like

Exactly.

2 Likes

Exactly, I’m glad that I’m not the only one who sees that.

3 Likes

I don’t like people whining about dress codes any chance they get. You didn’t get to wear shorts for one class. Okay? You get to wear it for gym class though.

4 Likes

And they make this dumb excuse “so you expect us to wear a turtleneck then?” WHEN DID IT SAY THAT IN RULES?!

4 Likes

True that.
Students on non-uniform day tend to start throwing shade at other students for wearing what they want to wear on that day. Believe me, I know how that feels. Especially on school trips!

I like smart casual too. As long as I get to wear my favourite dresses with leggings and wear high waist skinny trousers (wearing flare trousers make me huge) with some cute blouses. But I tend to always wear black skinny jeans or jeggings in general.

5 Likes

@PensiveShadow What is the dress code like in your school?

1 Like

What did your school uniform looked like? I hated mine because it made me extra huge (meaning like over 200lbs). I still look over 200lbs when I wear baggy clothing since I’m trying to lose weight (without the vomiting of course).

1 Like

Since we are all discussing dress code, here is this funny video I can never stop laughing at

3 Likes

We wear uniforms. :sweat_smile: As long as the shorts are the same color and the school pants and are not too short, it’s fine. Same goes for skirts.

2 Likes

This is so true. :skull:

1 Like

What is the colour code in your school?

When I was in secondary school, mine was navy blue with some baby blue but when it comes to hosiery, we have to wear either black or navy blue tights/knee highs (thick during winter) with a tie but in the summer, we are a short sleeve open neck blouse (obviously not the revealing ones) with either black/navy blue thin tights/knee highs or white knee high socks or ankle socks.

1 Like