Discussion: Gay pride parade 🏳️‍🌈

Let’s talk about the pride parade!
The parade where I live was pushed to the end of the summer (cry) because of the corona virus,
But we can still talk about it!

• Do you usually have a pride parade where you live?

• Have you ever been to one?

• What’s your opinion on them?

• Any rad pride parade stories?

:rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag::rainbow_flag:
@Discussions oui

16 Likes

Not exactly, I have to travel a little farther like an hour to find one but its super popular

Nah, under 18 are really allowed

They seem neat, I would love to go to one

5 Likes

Yes! It’s very popular too since my town is known as the “LGBTQ+ Capital of the north” hehe it’s rad. There is one in the city near me too.

Nope, I was gonna go this year :upside_down_face:

They seem like a rad place where I could be myself…

None from me but 2 of my friends dabbed infront of a Jesus wearing the pride flag

5 Likes

Yup, in Manhattan!

No, but I’d love to go to one

They seem awesome!

Nope… not yet.

4 Likes

My country is… not the best. We had our first pride in my city last year and not a lot of people were happy about it. It was really sad to see that. It was really small and they couldn’t walk around the town or anything, they just had to stay in one place surrounded by police because it’s just not safe here…
There were a few really huge and successful parades in our capital city though! But still, a lot of people were against it. Just look it up on Vice… it’s honestly so sad…

Organisation I was working for was supporting them and helping them so we were all there! :blue_heart:

I support it!

5 Likes

I’m not sure actually but there might some in NYC! :sweat_smile:

No, my mother isn’t very supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. I really want to go to one though!

They’re amazeballs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

My country is very… backwards. LGBTQ+ members aren’t accepted over here.

Sadly, no. :disappointed_relieved:

I think they’re amazing.

None as of now.

5 Likes

I sense a west indian here

4 Likes

:eyes: as are my parents.

5 Likes

As are my mother’s s parents and brothers :eyes:

5 Likes

Nope :disappointed:

Nope! I can’t go.

They’re awesome!! I wish I could go, but my parents would never let me.

5 Likes

Bloody parents

4 Likes

Nah, Nigerian all the way

4 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

Well, in Toronto yeah!

Hahaha no my parents would never let me go to one. My sister always asks to go each year though so maybe they’ll cave one day.

I think they’re awesome!

As of yet, no >.>

5 Likes

As is my religion… wait

5 Likes

Hahaha

3 Likes

Nope, we’ve never had one here.

Nope

They look awesome and I want to go to one.

No :cry:

4 Likes

I Nashville might have a yearly pride parade but I’m not sure since I do not openly take interest in the parades.

Nope, I really don’t care to go to one. I’m just not a parade person unless it’s at disney world.

Okay, don’t get mad at me for saying this. I really don’t care for the pride parades because they are just annoying. I really don’t see why we needed them since we don’t have parades for other types of couples. It’s just weird to me and makes me uncomfortable when I see them. I’m a bi-curious person but I don’t like the parades. Not saying Pride Month shouldn’t be celebrated but it’s just not my cup of tea, to be honest. I just feel like that parades are shoving down peoples throats. That is just how I see it. I’m not looking to get into an argument over this. I’m just stating my opinion on the matter.

5 Likes

Yes, we do. But our government frowns upon LGBTQ+ community…

Nope, I sadly haven’t. I’d like to go because even if I’m heterosexual, I still support it.

They are amazing. People are fighting for their rights by also expressing their sexuality and getting along with others. But I truly hope that someday they would get everything they deserve, so they could stop fighting - so those parades can only be associated with being proud of who you are. Gosh, I want everyone to be treated equally…

Not yet

3 Likes