Discussion: Ghosts 👻

Who believes in ghosts? Why? Who doesn’t? Why? :ghost:

I love talking about ghosts because I see them :scream: (Or, in better terms, I believe I see them)
But, I know that most people don’t believe in them, but, whether you believe in them or not, I think this is a great thing to discuss.

Discussion question (to start us off):
What exactly is the thing that makes them terrifying?

7 Likes

I believe in them. I think the most terrifying part is not being able to see them. I’ve had my own experiences and so has plenty of my family. My great-aunts house is haunted which is where most of the experiences came from.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a haunted house experience but I have been seeing them since I was like 6.

2 Likes

I’ve only seen glimpses but I’ve known their there. I don’t like going upstairs at my great-aunts house because that is where you can feel the presence the most. When my cousins, sister and me would spend the night there we would sleep downstairs in the living room. I’ve seen some here at my house but only my sisters believe this. Our parents say it was our imaginations running wild.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I always see them out of the corner of my eye. They are everywhere. Some places more than others.

2 Likes

Yep, some people don’t realize it what they see and they chalk it up as just the coincidences.

2 Likes

Too many coincidences to count. There was that one time where I looked up the spirit I saw and had dreampt about, found the person. He was a general from the civil war I believe, I never learned about him before or anything. I forgot his name though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand that. My was the spirit that I’ve seen around the house. It doesn’t have any defining features except for being solid white. It ran through the hall while my sister and I were in my room with the door open. It was 2am and I was on my laptop. My parents just said it was probably one of them but I was like no it couldn’t have been.

2 Likes

How many times did you see your general?

2 Likes

Well, the spirits I see don’t belong to my house, I just see spirits hanging out around the world, and I see them more when I start to talk or think about them.

2 Likes

Ah okay, I’ve haven’t seen many in recent time but I can feel them more than anything. In different places I mean.

2 Likes

I 100% believe in them. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

omg :skull::skull: how did i just write a whole novel about a ghost thing that happened in another post and now i’m seeing this :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::joy:

I don’t believe but I don’t not believe?
I’m very neutral on anything superstitious and I like to keep an open mind.
Have I ever seen a ghost? Nope.
But I mean love exists and you can’t see that either XD

Ghosts don’t terrify me.
Not even the idea.

I don’t know why, but I’m just not a scared kind of person.
Like the thought of anything happening to me natural or supernatural that people think might be scary isn’t scary?
That being said, I don’t just go outside and do dumb sh*t because I’m not crazy :joy: but like idk I genuinely don’t get frightened by anything. I’m weirdly brave.

I remember in elementary school we had a library period where your class could pick a book and the librarian would read it for like an hour and I always picked Scary Stories to Read in the Dark :joy:

To be fair, all the kids liked that book bc cmon :joy: but ever since I was young, I liked scary stuff. It was always interesting to me. Which is probably why I write so much horror :joy:

And if I do get scared," it’s like a jumpscare from a movie or a random fly that only lasts 3 seconds before the ghost goes off scream or I kill that ugly bug >:(

2 Likes

This is why I have necrophobia.

2 Likes

I see ghosts but they don’t have features tho
And I talk to them in my dreams
Lmao tho who summoned me :ghost:

4 Likes

First of all, welcome @Jimin_duh! I hope you settle in nicely!

But back on topic, I dunno what I believe. If ghosts are real, my flat is definitely haunted.

4 Likes

Welcome to the ghost community!

Do you mean you see blurs? Or are they just face-less?

If that is what you mean, yep, mostly see them. But after I see the initial blur my mind fills in the rest of the details.

2 Likes

What types of things happen in your flat?

2 Likes

Once I was going from the living room to my bedroom and both @ChaoticDeluge and I heard someone whispering. I thought it was him but it was right in my ear! There was no one else awake! Like that kind of whispering you hear when someone doesn’t actually have anything to say. They’re just pretending to whisper.

There are 4 of us in the flat most of the time and all of us have seen a white shadow out of the corner of our eyes in the same spot in the living room. It happens to be the same corner where things fall over all the time!

Things move from where we’re all sure we left them. And sometimes some of us will look up suddenly like we’ve been called and we look up at that spot. The flat makes noises because it’s well over 200 years old, too.

4 Likes

We keep a yoga ball in that spot that will suddenly start rolling on its own for no reason. Plus there’s another spot by the door where there’s a dark shadow. Things will slip off the table there!

The funny thing is that I feel really safe in my room. I have crosses and bibles and holy water in my room just because it’s my room and that’s where I keep all of that stuff. It’s the only place with all those things all over and nothing weird has ever happened in my room :thinking:

2 Likes