And like 25

1 Like

darnnn

1 Like

uhhhh no thanks. i could probably find one :eyes:

1 Like

You do you

1 Like
  1. Would you name a child/character after a deceased loved one?

No. Personally, naming a character after someone I know, alive or dead, is a little weird. I like creating my characters to be their own person. So if I use the names of people I know, then I could find it weird to write for the character if I’m reminded of the person I know.

1. What factors matter to you when choosing a name?

Mainly if the name matches the character’s story and personality I want to portray for them.

1. Does religion and culture have any influence on the names you choose?

Yes, absolutely. This heavy influences the names I choose.

1. What makes you reject a name?

Most of the time, just names that I’ve used before for other characters.

1. Do you like your name, or do you wish to change it?

As in my real name? As in Caliope? Yeah, I love my name. (wink) Still wouldn’t use it for a character though, 'cause I don’t wanna create myself.

1. What matters more to you---- meaning, sound/spelling, or personal significance (the name of a loved one)?

Meaning, hands down.

1. Can people ‘ruin’ a name?

Uh… I don’t know…

2 Likes

Names have power and they must mean something to me, whether in an RP, a written story or not.

If I liked the meaning and felt it would fit, yes.

Meaning and origin, I will not give my Italian character a French name. I also will put irony or symbolism in their names.

Yes! I would not use a cultural name for a random character, and I shy from using name so of deities (except Hestia)

It doesn’t fit the above factors or it’s overused.

I love my name, now!

Meaning! All the way!

Nope, it’s all in your head.

1 Like

Added some tags :rose::two_hearts:

Bump!

Do you think that people should be allowed to change their names? And have you ever considered changing yours? :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

1 Like

Change their names legally? Absolutely.

Yes, of course! I’ve mentioned that I wanted to change my name for the longest time but now I don’t.

Maybe?

That it sounds pretty (to me) and that the name doesn’t have any obvious negative inkling.

Not really, but I’m less likely to choose a name from a culture I don’t know anything about.

If it’s offensive or would be embarrassing for the person with that name.

My name’s alright, I don’t want to change it.

Sound.

Yes!

Are there any names that you can’t stand? & Can names be too common? :thought_balloon:

Y e s

Where I live there are literally so many girls named Maya. (no offense @phnx)
My ex was a maya, I had two roommates who were Maya, five different Maya’s in my high school class and we weren’t even a big one
And too many more
There’s literally at least one wherever you go

1 Like

You live near the Maya factory

2 Likes

I think I live in the maya factory

1 Like

There are some names I just don’t like, for example:
Brody
Bob, Bill, John
Olga
Bertha
Bruce

There are certain names that become popular during a particular generation.
Like right now, there are lots of Diegos and Santiagos.
But I think that common names work best with uncommon last names.
My nephew Emiliano has a name that’s pretty common in my country, but his last name is an extremely uncommon Lebanese last name, so it’s a perfect balance.

1 Like

That’s funny because the only person I know irl from your region is called Maya :joy: (Although it’s huge, so that’s probably not that accurate)

1 Like

My point exactly

1 Like

Not really

The way it sounds and the meaning

Maybe the meaning

The way it sounds :sweat_smile:

I love my name!

Like I said, the meaning and the sound!

Not really! But I hate when people mispronounce some names that are just easy to remember