Discussion: Public Transport

I have to use public transport a lot and it comes with many pros and cons. Pros being that I don’t need to spend money on a car, I can sometimes charge my phone if it’s a new bus and in terms of trains it can just be faster. But the cons can be things such as lateness or even earliness (it annoys me when the bus comes too early and you miss it so you need to wait for another).

So this thread is to discuss public transport of all kinds. Feel free to rant about any experiences.

9 Likes

Public transport is good but it’s not very good in rural areas. I have to get a public boat to go to school (sometimes it’s a helicopter or mini plane) which is fine, but if it’s too windy then I get a day off of school.

Sometimes they don’t run midweek so if Monday is too windy then you could have a whole week off - this doesn’t happen much though coz the plane comes instead of the boat

3 Likes

The buses near me are a bit unreliable on the best of days

2 Likes

I hate public transport especially trains but it’s my only form of transport when I’m alone (I mainly uses buses) so I just have to deal with it.
Does anyone else have favourite spots they have to sit when on the bus?

4 Likes

I prefer not to use it and walk instead. Major dis cause lots of people.

1 Like

I hate it, well it brings me to a lot of places for free cause I am a student, so I shouldn’t be complaining too much, but here it’s really poorly organized. Every other day I miss a bus or wait really long cause it’s not leaving on the time it’s supposed to leave. Also I hate it especially when it’s dark outside and you just can’t see anything through the windows and also if it’s really crowded in the bus or train and you have to stand the whole time.
But my worst experience is when an old lady who almost couldn’t walk got in the bus and the driver took off before she was sitting and she fell down cause of the driver’s disrespectful behavior. He didn’t even apologize or anything like that.

3 Likes

I don’t like it. Especially because the trains get crowded as soon as you hit Manhattan which is so annoying…

I’d rather take a car/taxi, or walk instead.

3 Likes

I hate going by bus or any public transport. I prefer walk wherever I want, unless it’s too far (and if it’s possible, then I’d rather ask my brother to take me somewhere with his car). I don’t like being around lots of people.

3 Likes

It’s okay as long as there aren’t too many other humans there :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

2 Likes

Public transport in Mexico is awful to the max. Or at least in my city. Most of the buses are old, the drivers are reckless, and they don’t care if people are just getting on/paying; they’ll drive off the second someone sets foot on the steps of the bus. Sometimes they tend to get overcrowded as well.
I used to use public transport before I started driving. Now, ever since I have my car, I don’t use it. I prefer taking a taxi or Uber, or walking whenever I can’t drive for some reason or the other.

3 Likes

Abolish public ownership of cars and have trains, trams and buses running efficiently on eco-sustainable energy sources.

There you go. My. Opinion. Cars suck, they shouldn’t exist

4 Likes

In my time of getting busses to and from college or school. There have been times where they have been reliable and gave a good service and other times when it has been awful. Even as I write this I am sat on a bus that was half an hour late. This isn’t always the drivers fault though, there are factors that can make it late such as traffic and road closures.

Not to mention the people who think they are entitled to seats. Or the people who put their bag on the seat next to them.

Also most of the bullying which happened to me was on the bus home so I have some bad bus memories.

As for trains, I like them. I just wish they were more reliable.

Hello person from the future! What’s it like over there?

In all seriousness if public transport was less terrible I would agree with you but right now it’s under funded and sucks. So I’d rather have a car.

3 Likes

I use public transport everyday to get to school and home (I sometimes get driven to school by my dad though), I don’t mind it but I just HATE IT WHEN SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN COUGH OR SNEEZE WITHOUT COVERING THEIR MOUTH or when someone smells fishy or like a seafood boil and it stinks up the whole bus. :face_vomiting: :purple_heart: :butterfly:

3 Likes

i guess I’m gonna be swimming to school then

4 Likes

What do you think the real reason for those swimming classes was? :joy:

2 Likes

So is the NHS, I don’t see people just wanting to get rid of that because it’s not working as well as it should. The problem is the Gooberment, and hopefully that’s gonna change in a couple days YEET

But seriously, it’s entirely possible to have the entire world running smoothly and efficiently on completely renewable energy, the only barriers are social and political. Public transport is absolutely the future, it’s just gonna take a little time

3 Likes

I’m gonna learn how to ride a bike now. bicycle, bicycle, bicycle, I want to ride my bicycle…

2 Likes

I hope teleportation exists one day

2 Likes

Yeah and when the trueGlobal Communist state comes you’ll have it taken away from you because you won’t be allowed to own private transport!

I kid, bikes are great, we need more bike roads for people who don’t want to choke the planet to death

2 Likes

Packed buses are what I imagine hell would look like

3 Likes