Discussion: Religion

I don’t have a problem with whatever religion you are apart of as long as you respect me for mine and who I am. But don’t go and say stuff like this and think it’s acceptable. Especially when you have religious friends or religious followers. :expressionless: I have encountered people like this before. Usually by non-atheist surprisingly. Of course I speak up. I remember one time I defended an atheist. Religion shouldn’t matter to their character.

18 Likes

Religion isn’t bad. It matters by the individuals in it. Not the religion as a whole. Who’s hands it’s in matters.

9 Likes

Did she seriously say that? :expressionless:. Well, I don’t have a problem with people being atheists or believiers (regardless of their religion), but things like that definitely shouldn’t be said like this. It is not respecting in any ways, especially not believiers.
Religion can have meanings. For instance, I see my religion also as my ethnic identity, even though I don’t define myself either as religious nor as secular.
No one should throw such sentences just like this.

3 Likes

At all.

2 Likes

I-

People like this make me consider suicide.

5 Likes

They are not worth it.

3 Likes

The stupidity in this world is too much for me.

3 Likes

Can’t argue with it, but we shouldn’t always see the negative side of the world. Not you or I can help it. That’s our world - as much as it can be wonderful and beautiful, it can also be messy and cruel sometimes. That’s the reality whether we like it or not :neutral_face::woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Anyway, let’s not go off topic, @liyahsdiamond. Okay?

3 Likes

Agreed. :grin:

2 Likes

Okay!

2 Likes

I’m agnostic = have no idea and don’t feel qualified to talk about what lies beyond or who is right in terms of religion.

I just study religions to use in my story because they’re all so dang interesting

6 Likes

Whether you’re religious or not, people should respect each other. I don’t care if you’re a Jew, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Bhuddist, Sikh etc. just don’t shove your beliefs down my throat.

5 Likes

I can get behind that

3 Likes

I’m agnostic myself

5 Likes

Definitely. I’m Catholic and it makes me cringe when people walk around being all preachy to others.

Do you seriously think they don’t know about Jesus? If they want to know, they’ll ask!

4 Likes

It makes more sense to me than being atheist you know? Like. How do I know there isn’t a god. I don’t even know what day it is half the time

5 Likes

Same tbh.

4 Likes

I’m Muslim. Sunnah.

6 Likes

I’m a Muslim, and I don’t care what religion you are - you are a human and that’s all that matters. A religion does not define who you are as a person. (Of course, if you’re a bad person then the story is different)

Also: do not hold whole religions responsible for the acts of a small percentage of that religion.

6 Likes