Discussion: Religion

I wish everyone was like this :heart:

7 Likes

Right?

4 Likes

I’m a seventh day adventist (SDA) which is basically a Christian but a few of our practises are different. For example, I’m not allowed to eat pork, prawns, crabs or any other selfish, I’m not allowed to drink coffee or any other drinks that contain caffeine, definitely no alcohol not even for communion, I’m not allowed to wear any sort of jewellery, we don’t celebrate Christmas and we go to church on Saturday’s
Lol

4 Likes

Ahh so you follow some of the Jewish laws! That’s interesting

4 Likes

Although the alcohol thing is definitely not Jewish, as far as I know. Actually that’s more similar to Muslim laws!

4 Likes

I didn’t even realise that. But I think Jews don’t believe in the new testament but we believe in the old and the new testament

5 Likes

Yeah! It sounds like you follow the OT more than most Christians do :blush:

4 Likes

I can’t eat pork either!

4 Likes

I can’t eat pork either. There are way many things that I, as a Jew, can’t eat.

4 Likes

I like learning about others and their religion but I treat them like a person who’s part of LGBTQ+ community:

Like a regular human person.

It’s like when you learn someone else’s favorite color and least favorite color, maybe even favorite color combination, you treat them the same but just keep in mind about those facts, that’s all.

That’s how I personally see it anyways.

3 Likes

Wow.

2 Likes

The message of acceptance is always a good one. Trying to understand someone else’s point of view is going to do nothing but broaden your own horizons. It’s important to do so, so you don’t get stuck in a rut.

Digging your heels in and refusing to hear someone when they’re explaining their beliefs is never going to be fair or respectable

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not easy, but when you are used to it, it’s not so terrible. :smile::blush:

1 Like

Most of the food I eat is Kosher! My part of London has a very large Jewish community so we mostly get kosher restaurants etc

2 Likes

I take it you either live in Gants Hill or Enfield.

2 Likes

You’re right but I won’t say which :eyes:

Although it could have been Hackney/Haringey too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nice.

2 Likes

Hahah don’t worry, I’m not stalking you. I just knew these areas have a lot of Jewish people there. Whenever I go to Gants Hill, I always go to the bagel shop…yumyum! Yeah, there’s some in Hackney and Haringey too.

3 Likes

I also can’t stand it when certain groups of a religion get offended when someone decides to leave their religion. You can’t punish anyone who doesn’t want to be a Jew/Muslim/Christian/Hindu/etc. anymore.

3 Likes

Never eaten pork.

2 Likes