Discussion: Rick Riordan books

This is a thread to talk about books by Rick Riordan books, most notably the Percy Jackson series.

So has anybody read those?
What did you think?

If you haven’t read them I suggest you check them out if you like fantasy!

10 Likes

YES! Me!

How has no one replied to this yet? I mean, @CHBRPers, seriously, this should be write up your alley!

10 Likes

ALSO, has anyone here read his first serious? The detective serious that f**king amazing and aimed at adults!

9 Likes

Umm okay, I guess we’re here now. I’m currently on the percy jackson series, specifically the labryinth issue. i also read the heroes of olympus awhile ago and that’s one of my favorite books

6 Likes

While I didn’t fall in love with Percy Jackson, I did enjoy them quite a lot! I kinda wanna re-read them, since it was a little unfair that I read them because people were telling me they’re like Skullduggery Pleasant, and that is not a fair benchmark for any book series :joy:

3 Likes

Detective series first!

3 Likes

Yeah I have no idea how none of the other CHB rpers have commented on this yet! I had bookmarked it to remind myself to post/tag them here but accidentally deleted the bookmark and forgot!

Also… “write” up our alley?

I love the Percy Jackson series! But it was soooo long ago now that I read it. I don’t even remember when I did. Then it has probably been 4 years since I read the Heroes of Olympus series. I read the entire Heroes of Olympus series in about a week and a half if I remember right. I really need to go back and reread both series now then read Trials of Apollo and the Magnus Chase series. And I really liked the Kane chronicles, even though I don’t remember much of it at this point.

4 Likes

WOW! You’re such a fast reader!

4 Likes

It was during summer when I was around 12 or so. and unless I have other stuff going on I can read pretty fast when it’s a book I really like. And that year I was on a reading spree. I remember that series I was reading pretty quick only around 2-ish, maybe 3, days for each book I think. It was less than a week per book I’m sure. I don’t know how, but I can read pretty fast when I get into something, while still having pretty good reading comprehension. When I can’t get into a book, It takes a whole lot longer. I just sadly haven’t had much time to read over the last few years…

2 Likes

That’s bloody impressive. I mean, I’m the slowest reader in the world, I swear. Though I’m pretty sure the reason for this is 'cause I’m soooo easily distracted.

3 Likes

Well part of it is because I started reading when I was really young. I taught myself to read when I was 3. Then I was reading on a 12th grade reading level by about 4th grade. I’ve always been a faster reader. As soon as I get invested in a book, I get fully focused with it and I can’t pull myself away.

2 Likes

Hello Matilda

4 Likes

:nerd_face:
Reading is awesome. I have a long attention span for doing one singular thing for long periods of time, so I just fly through books.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. So have you read Rick’s first series then, before Percy?

3 Likes

I’m a bookworm, and I need to start reading more again. I haven’t. I don’t know if I even knew there was a series he had written before the Percy Jackson series.

3 Likes

Yup. There are and I LOVE them. HEHE

6 Likes

Ooh seems interesting. I’ll have to keep that one in mind for reading one day.

3 Likes

GASP!!! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS WAS A THING?!
I shall read them! :triumph: I’ve got time to kill with dang quarantine XD

3 Likes

Hahahahaha. Yes, I also wonder, how did you not know about them, Jay?!

3 Likes

Because I live under a box, remember?

3 Likes