Discussion: Should transgender children be able to have sex change treatments & operations? 🦋

I had this conversation with my mother a while ago, and her opinion actually surprised me, so it made me wonder what other people think about this.

• Is there an age that is “too young” to be transgender?
  • if a child is transgender should they be allowed to have a sex change procedure?
  • any other opinions?

@Discussions

3 Likes

Children are aware of their gender at a remarkably young age, but I think the procedures shouldn’t be done until they’re teens.

3 Likes

If someone’s a kid they’re probably too young for the surgeries and all that. But simply being transgender shouldn’t be taken away because of something only time can control-

That depends how old they are. Like Ouija said, I think it’s better if they wait until their teen years.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve heard of trans six year olds and their parents call them by a new name and get them new clothes. It’s wholesome.

3 Likes

Aww :pleading_face: I wish my parents from adoption were like that

1 Like

Awww…

1 Like

No cos ur prepubescent like ur gonna need a redo cos puberty. how it’s just not physically possible anyway forget division according to belief

1 Like

I actually agree. Puberty changes a person a lot, so teens should have to go through puberty first before making such a big decision.

4 Likes

Linguistically and socially, no. Sorry, that isn’t an opinion thing, it’s just fact. It’s like saying there’s an age too low to be considered a gender. In our society as it stands, that’s nonsense

In my opinion, no, because that’s a life-altering surgery

Too many. People get very braindead over this topic

4 Likes

Yeah, exactly.

1 Like

Speaking only about surgery though. 'Cause one can still be transgender without surgery.

1 Like

Of course. My fifteen year old friend started testosterone, I think. I haven’t checked up on either of my trans friends…

1 Like

No. I don’t believe they should be allowed to transition until they are over the age of 13. They can think or be transgrender while they are in their kid years… Transitioning should wait though.

People being dictatorial without knowing about puberty blockers :eyes:

2 Likes

My friend is on those.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re super helpful for kids and young teens who think they may be transgender. Give them some extra time to come to their own conclusions before making it needlessly difficult to transition

5 Likes

Exactly! My friend knows what he wants though.

2 Likes

I support trans, and would never say anything about them wearing opistie gender clothes but an operation its a big commitment, not to say expensive, and kids body is still developing, I think its a thing you should be an adult to do

I would say 18 at least but honestly, I dont think I would be old enough to make that decision right now and I am 25.

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

But imagine feeling like you have been assigned the wrong gender and having to go through puberty in that body… That must be a horrible experience…:eyes::eyes:

2 Likes