Do you know how to play chess?

I’ve never played chess and I have no idea how to play it. But I also never really wanted to learn how to play because it’s doesn’t seem to be a lot of fun :sweat_smile: Thanks to this thread I know there’s Wizard’s chess, but that’s all I know about chess in general :joy:

Please tell me I’m not the only one who doesn’t know how to play chess!

5 Likes

Nope, I don’t think I will ever learn how to play chess. It also doesn’t look that interesting to me :pleading_face:

3 Likes

i also used to think chess was boring but when i was hospitalized in long term, i used to play it almost everyday. once you start to understand how the game works, you begin to become really competitive!

2 Likes

I love chess. My uncle taught me how to play chess when I was about six after I got my first chess set for Christmas. He may have been the one to give it to me, I can’t remember.

What about you, @Gamers?

2 Likes

I also know how to play chess. I was taught the basic lessons by my mother, then I learnt other moves from my uncle and a grandpa. I was pretty good but it’s been ages since I last played and I’ve become dumber :sweat_smile:, so I’m not that good anymore

2 Likes

YAY. More people who know how to play.

2 Likes

I know most of it, but I don’t know how some of the more specialized moves work

1 Like

My uncle taught be the basic moves and it’s actually pretty fun! But sadly, I don’t have anyone to play chess with or learn more advanced moves :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Awww that sucks :pleading_face: I think there are some online things that people use

3 Likes

Chess is a relatively simple game. There are only really two advanced moves; En Passant and Castling.

The entire point of chess is to put two minds against one another. This is why there doesn’t need to be advanced rules. The simpler the game is the less the rules can be exploited for a cheap win

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity