Does a user's pfp influence the way you see them?

Many people, including myself, pay a lot of attention to a user’s pfp when they talk to them :eyes::sparkles: So my questions to you are:

• does a person’s pfp influence the way you see them?
• what does a good pfp look like in your opinion?
• what do you think of people who don’t have a pfp at all?
whose pfp do you like the most?
:eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

13 Likes

I dont really like the pfp’s that are just letters tbh…

3 Likes

@jjpp would you like me to draw a pfp for you while I try to fix the odd glitch where it doesn’t let me select a pfp???

2 Likes

Well sorry. But mine doesn’t workkkkkkkkk

1 Like

what happened to the other one?

1 Like

It won’t let me select a new one and I do not like that one

1 Like

at least its worked now

3 Likes

Yeah, it really does. Especially with first impressions…

Hmm, that it’s recognizable right away and just clear what’s on it. Also something that’s personal.

You do you, I mean I won’t judge you for it and if you prefer to just have the letter that’s fine.

5 Likes

Honestly? It does. I know, I know, it’s sort of ridiculous to judge someone based solely off of their pfp. I think that since we don’t have a face or appearance to judge at first glance, we go by the next closest thing - the pfp.

2 Likes

Kind of, i mean i recognise people by their pfps

A colorful pfp with an avatar will most lkely draw my attention

Perhaps they don’t want one

1 Like

A little, yes. I pay a lot of attention to a person’s pfp, and it does influence the way I see them, except with @Mysterious_Tea. I just see Tea as a cute little tea biscuit :pleading_face::new_moon::dizzy::black_heart:

Something that describes a person’s personality!

Like their life is a little empty… :sweat_smile::new_moon::dizzy::black_heart: I don’t know, it is a little bit depressing in my opinion…

I like (almost) everyone’s pfp equally. Mostly I prefer those who are drawn (digitally or traditionally) by the users using them, but every pfp is amazing in a unique way!

1 Like
  1. Yes, yours makes me think that you’re funny (just an example and true?)
  2. Anime/drawn art
  3. New user or someone who’s not on frequently/inactive user (in my mind but they could be active as well, take baleigh for instance?)
2 Likes
  1. I… guess it does? I recognize them with that
  2. Memes, or great art. Like Dying_Dreams
  3. Maybe they’re inactive, sad or just don’t want one. That’s ok. :yellow_heart::chocolate_bar:
1 Like

Not really.

:woman_shrugging:t2: idkkkk

what do you think of people who don’t have a pfp at all?

Get one.

who’s pfp do you like the most?

• Mysterious_Tea
  • MeghanWrites
2 Likes

I’ve never answered my own questions :no_mouth::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

• does a person’s pfp influence the way you see them?

Oui, most of the time :eyes::sparkles: especially if I don’t know a person that well. I usually base my first impression on a person’s pfp :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::sweat_smile:

• what does a good pfp look like in your opinion?

Something that kinda describes the personality of the user or suits their personality. That’s why I didn’t use my other pfps for a long time, they just didn’t feel like me to me :sweat_smile: I also think that it shouldn’t be too overloaded with things and that it should have colours that work good with eachother, my eyes will just get angry otherwise :eyes::eyes::eyes:

• what do you think of people who don’t have a pfp at all?

It’s their choice but it irritates me to see just letter sometimes :sweat_smile: it’s also a little annoying when you think that it’s a new person but it turns out that it’s just someone who removed their pfp :sweat_smile::eyes::sparkles:

whose pfp do you like the most?
:eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

I like everyone’s pfps as long as they fit their user’s personality :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

2 Likes

Aww thanks :smile_cat:

1 Like

At first glance the pfp is the thing that gives the most information about the person, so I’d say yes.

Anything :grin:
Well, as long as it doesn’t have tomatoes in it.

I’d think they were new users at first

1 Like

Not exactly, if they have a pfp of someone I like or a thing I like then I’ll probably be more interested in them but only on a service level I mean, some people who like the things I like aren’t nice people. Shared interest doesn’t equal good person.

There’s no such thing as a bad pfp. It’s a way people want to express themselves. Even by choosing not to have one.

They can do what they want lol

Well, it kind of gives me an insight into their interests and aesthetic.

One that represents the user somehow.

They’re probably new users, or they aren’t very active. Or maybe they just haven’t found the right pfp yet.

Do you ever expect a user to look like the person or drawing in their profile pic?

1 Like