Dorian. a new visiual novelle app

Update, app available, so you can read the story now

Link to it here, this is my sign up link, by signing up via we both get a coin bonus

if anyone has qustions I am happy to answer, and if I cant I will forward them to Julia

a new app only in beta for now, is in work, I have gotten an early access from Joseph Evans. and permission to talk about it here so I am gonna share my opinions.

The app is been made by Julia Palatovaska. she seem nice the little bit I talked to her.
since its been made by one person instead of a company, things are limited, but despite that, I think everything looks quite well done. and more importantly because its not made by a company its been taken better care off, and not just made for the money.

positive opinions
Coding is so easy, everyone can do it.
honestly, I dont even think we can call it coding,
in my opinion, the characters look good.
you can play with friends, in video call, even
you can share the story you work so you can be more than one writhing on it. make it easy to work with someone
it dosent cater to children, aka you can add sex scenes and such(written of course)

You can check your story directly in the portal with when writhing and even edit so if your reading and see a spelling mistake you dont have to find it in the text, you can just tab on the speech bubble and edit it

another thing you make your own character in the app and they will usually be the main character of the story, now its really great. personally, I dont like to be the MC I like to read about characters and not have myself in them. but this is a great feature anyway . though at this point they can only be female

Negative opinions
the stuff is limited, clothing backgrounds and such, but it’s just a beta so you can’t expect much. and stuff are been added
you have to make a new character to change clothes.
choices cant be remembered, I been told they expect to have that change before launch
characters dont move at all, there is a few different facial expressions, but that’s it.
only mane characters can be on the right side everyone els is on the left

pictures of writhing portal

pictures of the app

13 Likes

I Wonder if Episode is Shook About Dorian

I guess this is an update :eyes:
@ShanniiWrites :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

Ngl the portal looks so cool

2 Likes

Interesting! So are the characters fully animated? That was one of the things that interests me the most! I wish I got early access .-.

3 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

Seems awesome! I wish I had early access.

2 Likes

no they are not. I did mention in the post as @Duckling pointed out

but to explain more there, there is 8 face expression, but they look kinda the same,

here is 3 as example,
natural, flirty and disgusted

download (7)

5 Likes

they offer them quite often, try and follow them on insta.

3 Likes

What’s their insta? :eyes:

1 Like

dorian.live

also Jospeh Evans been offering too. so maybe keep an eye on his profile too.

1 Like

I have followed them.

1 Like

Looks cool! It does remind me a of Chapters and Choices a bit :thinking:

3 Likes

Are there overlays as well? :eyes:

1 Like

no, you can not upload anything yourself, and there are no overlays, which I think would be useless too since the characters dont move

2 Likes

if wondering the app is a lot like choices.

a video from a story on the app choices

2 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

There’s currently a giveaway going on where you can get early access to stories (and maybe writing, idk), so check that out if you’re interested :eyes::sparkles:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CI03HOppL-l/?igshid=dywsq3xj1chw

3 Likes

I like to update, we got an update with more expressions yay

4 Likes

Do they have any features for black/POC characters?

1 Like

Woah, can we write on the app?

1 Like