Episode Forums are Closing to Move to Discord!

Alright, the Episode Forums are closing down due to the fact they weren’t getting enough traffic as they needed. They have switched over to discord instead to make it easier to interact with each other and staff as well. Grant it, they should have done this in stages. Now there is a petition to save the forums since users do not want to lose all of the intricate parts the forums held for them. The deadline to save anything you care about on the forums is June 28th. Most users will most likely switch to the discord server but there are some who prefer the forums setup only. We could bring those particular users here. That way they can still enjoy the forums.

How do you feel about the forums closing? Do you have any friends on the Epi forums to see if they want to join us? What do you think about the discord server?

@Episodians

6 Likes

@Announcements, with EF closing their forum, is there anything you wanna save there before it does?
Or anyone to bring here?

Huh. I’m honestly surprised they held on this long.

4 Likes

They aren’t closing all together but just moving. The forums activity was really low. It was hard to even know which mod was even active at times.

3 Likes

Lowkey sad to lose some old pms but ehh, something’s are good to move on from :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I just logged onto the old forum to message some old friends and woooooow
It’s so sad :skull:
Like, it’s the same, but it’s different?
I don’t recognize almost anyone :sob:
I’ll miss the good memories, but I don’t really feel to bad about it at this point :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Most of the stuff I was invested in was already deleted when the rp section shut down.

I think I would be sadder, but I just went to look at my old account to see if I wanted to save anything and I wish I hadn’t been allowed the internet ages 13/14 lmaoooo

good riddance incredibly cringe old posts, I am glad you are to be scrubbed off the internet forever <3

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m in the same boat on the PM’s.

Oh yeah, the forums did got through a huge makeover. I’m the same way with the moving part. I’m not that worried about it.

I feel like that is a big part for some users who were you get on the forums. I know how you feel though there are some comments that I’m happy with it being deleted.

2 Likes

Yes, I totally agree and relate to this :skull:
Just gonna pretend they never existed :sob::heart:

3 Likes

At least my old cringy posts will be gone. A lot of people are upset about it, but I understand why it’s being done.

4 Likes

Sooo
Would yall want to spread publicity HERE since the forums are shutting down

Maybe itd boost activity…

@ShanniiWrites (if ur still around)

4 Likes

I get that! Yeah, I don’t mind the change. I know others like the forum setup a lot more than discord though.

2 Likes

That’s the plan! I’m just trying to get an idea on how to suggest it to others basically.

3 Likes

Shani is just a user here now. She gave the forum ownership up to all of us - though Kate and I pay for it for you.

5 Likes

Ahhh gotcha

…>< probably why the name change hah
Ty

4 Likes

That’s the one. (wink) The whole forum, those who were around at the time, had a vote on the name, colours, logo, and things.

4 Likes

I like how you put that!

2 Likes

I find it hilarious that the episode forums drove off some of the active members and scared the others away from interacting as much, killed their own forums and then were like “whelp there’s no activity”

… unless they did it on purpose to stop paying for the forums

4 Likes

It looks nice.

@ShanniiWrites Hi…been a while idk if u even remember me haha>_<

6 Likes

Of course I do!

4 Likes