✯Eureka High | official roleplay thread ✯

Kerli allowed a tiny smile to creep across her face. “Oh, my parents are very benevolent. It is very cold there, though. The only savagery is when I’m fencing.” She smirked. “Want to see a video? I absolutely destroyed my father. It’s quite funny.” She said, reaching into her pocket for her phone, waiting for an answer.
@Kristi - Lana

2 Likes

Adrian Name Tag

When Mikaela commented that it must’ve been nice having someone else in class with him, Adrian laughed. “You would think so. That’s definitely what my parents were thinking but that’s not what happened.” He told him, rubbing the back of his neck. "It was the youngest of my older brothers and then two of my older sisters who did the lessons with me but they weren’t exactly happy that they’d been pulled from their schools just because my parents didn’t want me to be lonely. In retaliation, they all sat behind me so that I couldn’t understand them if they spoke because I need to be able to see someone’s lips in order to fully understand what they’re saying. Then they’d ask me questions and get upset when I ignored them.” He explained, putting air quotes around the word ‘ignored’. He watched as Mikaela fidget with his necklace and admitted to being nervous. “Well, the good news is, we can be nervous together,” Adrian said with a reassuring smile.

@bpalmer - Mikaela

2 Likes

“Benevolent?” Lana arched a brow, “Hard to believe.” She was really glad brother wasn’t here, she didn’t want him to see this side of her. “You fence? Impressing for” She looked the girl over as if to mock “Someone like you.” The tone of her voice was coolly. “Sure, I would love to see a beast in action.” Lana said it in a way that sounded like a compliment, but was it really a compliment? Of course not. But to a lot of people it is a comment one could take pride in.

@Ouijaloveletters - Kerli

2 Likes

Mikaela listened to what Adrian was telling him and smiled when he caught Adrian laughing. “Well I would’t know it was pretty much just me and My tutor.” Mikaela commented as they wondered if that was how it would be at this school or not. Mikaela listened to him talk about his classes with his siblings and when Mikaela heard what Adrian said about how his siblings would mess with him and how he had to see their lips to understand them, Mikaela smiled a little bit. So it seemed like Mikaela’s suspicion was right. He had to ask now even though he knew that Adrian would probably hate that he mentioned it. “Wait do you have hearing issues?” He asked as he giggled and found himself signing in his lap. “Im completely deaf in my right ear and hard of hearing in my left.” Mikaela mumbled.
@Caticorn

2 Likes

Lana gave her a backhanded compliment, and she shrugged. “Thanks, I guess.” If she was going to get a back handed compliment, she’d give a half hearted thanks in return. The pulled her phone out, playing the video. It showed two helmeted figures, a taller and shorter one, assumed correctly to be Kirli. “Fence!” A referee shouted, and the match began. Kerli was much faster than her father, and was as such able to gain the fifteen points to win quickly. Before the video ended, both Kerli and her father pulled off their helmets, grinning at the camera, hair stuck to their faces. “Well, that’s fencing. I can throw knives too.” She said, whispering the last part. She’d probably just terrified Lana, but she really didn’t care. Kerli Laurits didn’t need friends. She needed to succeed.
@Kristi - Lana

2 Likes

Cole did fine on the flight to Eureka. However, he was having a tough time getting to the bus stop. Cole wasn’t a stranger to the sun, but between the mixture of heat, humidity, and all the other factors. They were practically limping to the bus stop. In addition, he was wearing the polar bear pelt cloak since he couldn’t fit it inside his bag. The closer his feet carried him, the more he hoped the bus would have some heating control. It seemed that people were already around the bus trying to enter, and he knew more people meant more heat. So, not wanting to be caught up at the bus stop in this heat, Cole decided to duck into an ally nearby to attempt to cool off as he waited. He sat down against the shaded wall. It still felt suffocating, but it wasn’t as bad. After a second of stabilizing himself, he looked around for something to do. Near him was a convenient trash can. He decided to use the tuff spear-like stick he picked up on his way here on it for some hunting practice. Maybe he would adjust to the heat if he did something familiar to him. Cole took the stick and jabbed the garbage can. It slowly tilted back as it started to give in to gravity. He then changed his stance, putting two hands on the stick, and struck the middle of the can. He struck it where it was falling so that it would shoot into the air. After it was in the air, he delivered several upward strikes to keep it there. Cole’s practice lasted for four seconds until he and the trashcan fell to the ground. “D-don’t. Not, not helpful,” Cole huffed. Their throat felt dryer than the artic. Cole groaned as they pushed themselves up to sit against the shaded wall.

APPROACHABLE

1 Like

Noé was listening to their adoptive father yell at his biological sons. That was fine Noé understood that they were clearly better and had to keep up family expectations ore than Noé did. It only took a few minutes before their adoptive father was storming over towards them though, the same fire in his eyes that was always there when Noé was involved. He pushed Noé towards the alleyway so that they would be alone. “You know that this is beyond a privilege for you Noé so keep up the looks one step out of line and you will regret it.” He growled and let go of Noé’s shirt that they hadn’t even realized they were holding. “Yes sir.” Noé mumbled as they watched the king storm off.

Noé headed back to where the bus would come taking a deep breath. They knew what was expected of them, keep up appearances. The bus arrived and Noé was pretty relieved to get on the bus and leave. They wanted to be as far away from Xazidel as possible. They picked up their bags and put them un the bus quietly before they got on the bus with nothing more than the clothes on their back.

They walked down the row of the bus and looked for a seat. They didnt want to sit towards the front and in turn walked all the way to the back of the bus and took a seat beside a boy with dark hair and very bright eyes. Noé smiled at him and pushed their hair out of their face. “Hi.” Noé was kind of excited and hoped that this guy was nice. Noé thought that making a friend on the bus might make being at school a little easier.

@Caticorn Tobias

Lana’s eyes widened in horror, like she said, the girl was a beast, a brute. “Are you sure your kingdom is perfectly fine?” Lana said masking her fear with a fake smile, the fake smile she loved to put on. She reached into her pockets- yes her dress had pockets. “Embroidery, a non-beastly activity I do.” Lana told Kerli with a smile. Lana was pretty good at embroidery, the image on the handkerchief were image of angels. One angel was wounded because of an arrow and sat down on a big rock, the other angel was above the wounded angel looking down at him. The other angel was in a lake close by playing the lyre and the last one sat by the one playing the lyre listening closely.

@Ouijaloveletters - kerli

2 Likes

Kerli watched Lana’s eyes widen in horror, sighing. “Yeah, we’re fine. We do it to protect ourselves in case of invasion. It’s…fun too. If you wish, I could teach you.” She said, taking a small step closer to look at the handkerchief. “I like your dress. Pockets are handy. You really made that? It’s beautiful. I should learn that. Good activity to keep my hands busy.”
@Kristi - Lana

2 Likes

Adrian Name Tag

“I’m not going to lie, that sounds kind of lonely.” He responded to Mikaela saying that his lessons were just him and his tutor. As annoying as his siblings were, his parents were right in the fact that it made him feel less alone during his lessons. When Mikaela asked him if had hearing issues, Adrian nodded, seeing no point in continuing to beat around the bush. He hoped that Mikaela wouldn’t treat him any differently since he revealed that he was also hard of hearing. “Yeah, I do. I’m hard of hearing in both ears.” He answered, resisting his urge to lower his eyes.

@bpalmer - Mikaela

1 Like

Isa Name Tag

There was no other way to say this. Isa was lost. The same Isa Atil who could find her way home from deep inside the forests of Rapristan got lost on the way to the bus. Which was a great way to start off her first year at a school she shouldn’t even be attending. She continued down the street, hoping that she would eventually run into someone else who was going to the bus. As she walked, she could start to hear a strange sound coming from a nearby alley. Doing the opposite of what any sane person would do, she walked closer to it, trying to get a better look at what was happening. Pressing herself against the wall of one of the buildings that made the alley, she slowly peeked in. What she saw was something she could say with certainty only existed in her wildest dreams. Someone, who looked to be around the same age as her, was attacking a trash can while wearing a polar bear cloak. She stayed against the wall as she watched him, admiring his technique. While the people of Rapristan hunted almost exclusively with bows, she could recognize good hunting skills when she saw them. She continued to watch as he struck the can with a stick that resembled a spear. She hadn’t intended on making herself known to them but when she saw him fall, something inside her lit up and she rushed over to where he was sitting against the wall. “Are you okay?” She asked, kneeling down next to him.

@Cadborosa - Cole

1 Like

Mikaela

“I mean kind of but my tutor isn’t much older than I am ten years maybe if even and he was kind of like an older brother.” Mikaela admitted as he shrugged. He assumed that it would have been fun to have other people in a class with him but Tobias was pretty great as far as tutors went. Mikaela was worried that Adrian would get mad or defensive when he asked about his hearing. He knew that he honestly probably would if the roles were reversed. “Do you know any sign?” He asked generally just curious because when Mikaela git nervous he tended to sign even if he was still talking. “Hey im not going to judge you head up.” Mikaela told him with a smile. “Heck you probably have better hearing than I do so it would be pretty hypocritical to judge.”

@Caticorn -Adrian

Tobias Name Tag

“Toby, let go, you’re crushing me,” His sister protested from within his embrace. He laughed as he released her, ruffling her hair. While the opportunity to attend Eureka High was one that he couldn’t turn down, Tobias would be lying if he said that he wasn’t worried about leaving his sister. He was saying goodbye to his family in Dreton before travelling to where he had to get on the bus that would take him to the school. Once he was done with his sister, he moved on to his mother, who was trying to conceal the worry on her face. “Mom, it’s going to be okay. I’ll make sure to stay in contact.” He told her, hoping that it would help calm some of her worries. He said goodbye to his father before getting on the bus that would take him from his home to where the school bus was picking him up.

When he arrived at the school bus, he didn’t see much point in hanging around outside, so he boarded the bus, looking for a seat. It felt strange to be on the bus with all of the royal children. He walked down the aisle, all the way to the back of the bus and sat down in the first empty seat he could find. The seat next to him was soon occupied by someone else. “Hey.” He responded to them with a small wave. “I’m Tobias, but you can call me Toby.” He added, introducing himself.

@bpalmer - Noé

1 Like

Noé smiles as he hears the other boy’s name. “Nice to meet you Toby.” Noé was beaming as they waved at Tobias. “I think I forgot to introduce myself sorry about that.” Noé blushed a little embarrassed by how they had forgot to do such a common thing “Im Noé.” They said as the slid to the edge of the seat so that they had their feet in the row and were as close to Toby as they could get while remaining in their seat. “So tell me about you? You excited for this school?” Noé asked as they tried to keep some of their excitement at bay. Honestly Noé just loved new things and new experiences so no matter how nervous they were about this new school they were also extremely excited about it.
“Where are you from if you dont mind me asking?” Noé realized they were asking a lot of questions and just softly giggled to themself as they shook their head. “Sorry about all the questions.” They said as they managed to bring their excitement leaves down to a normal bracket.

@Caticorn -Tobias

Adrian Name Tag

Adrian nodded as Mikaela explained more about his tutor. He found it interesting that when talking about his teacher, Mikaela didn’t think ten years was a large age gap. Being 10 years younger than his oldest brother, Adrian found that it was quite a large gap but he supposed that when it’s your teacher, the perception of age becomes different. “I know some. My family doesn’t know any but the maid who practically raised me learned how when I lost my hearing, so she taught me.” He answered. “I’m not very good at it, though.” He admitted, biting the inside of his cheek. A small smile appeared on his face as Mikaela reassured him that he wouldn’t judge him. “It’s not really people judging me that I’m worried about, it’s them treating me differently. At home, whenever I tell people I’m hard of hearing, they start speaking to me as if I was a child. It drives me insane.”

@bpalmer - Mikaela

1 Like

“You probably think I’m crazy saying ten years isn’t that much but my youngest older sibling was almost 20 when I was born and I was 13 when my oldest younger sister was born.” Mikaela explains hoping that would help put things into perspective for Adrian. The only reason that Mikaela thought ten years wasnt much was simply because it was less of an age gap than he had with anyone else around him which honestly was a little strange in retrospect. “Cool my family doesnt know any either but my tutor is fully deaf but was born hearing so he is the one that taught me.” I say as I smile. “I’m pretty fluent in it but just because it probably will eventually become something necessary for me.” Mikaela said shrugging “Yeah trust me I understand that man.” Mikaela mentioned as Adrian talked about how people tended to treat him as a small child when they found out. “Anyway what kind of stuff do you like to do?” Mikaela asked excited to see if they had any interests in common.

@Caticorn -Adrian

Tobias Name Tag

“Nice to meet you too, Noé.” He greeted them with a smile. He sat back and listened as they began giving him all these questions to answer. When they apologized for the amount, he chuckled. “It’s okay, don’t apologize.” He reassured them. “I’m honestly more worried about being away from home than I am excited about going to the school. This is the first time that I’ve been away from my sister for more than a few days.” He told them to answer the first of the questions. “And to answer your second question, I’m from Dreton.” He added on. Dreton was the country that practically everyone had visited or passed through at one point or another, so he assumed that Noé would have at least an idea of where it was.

@bpalmer - Noé

1 Like

Cole had his eyes, closed trying to regain his composure. He heard someone asking if he was alright. He didn’t want to alarm someone with being overdramatic, so he tried acting fine. Cole shot his arms outward, unknowingly almost hitting the girl. “I’m fine! I was simply having a little fun,” Cole explained. Yet, his body betraying him, he looked like a dog locked in a car with rolled-up windows. In addition, his breathing was tired and ragged. Cole pushed himself up and off the wall so he could be standing. He stumbled a little from a sudden bout of dizziness. Once he was slightly composed, he took the time to look at the person offering him help. A fair-skinned lady with braided hair. “Nice hair… that’s a cool braid.”

@Caticorn ~ Isa Atil

Noé smiled the way that they had already gotten Toby to smile a little more than he had been. They chuckled too and their smile grew as Toby told them not to apologize for their bombardment of questions. Noé listened to his answers very intently. “Oh man really I guess I can kind of understand that. I mean the whole not really being ready to be away from your sister thing.” Noé nodded family was a tricky subject for them that they honestly didnt love to talk about. It brought up some rough stuff for Noé but they could sympathize with the worry that Toby was feeling. “Dreton?” Noé asked as they thought. It didnt seem familiar but honestly Noé sucked at geography and had never been out of Xazidel before now despite how badly they wanted to have been.

@Caticorn -Tobias

1 Like

Adrian Name Tag

“Wow, that’s really far apart. Most of my older siblings are within 2-3 years of each other but that really adds up when you’re the youngest. My oldest sibling is 10 years older than me.” He told him, now understanding why he considered 10 years to not be a huge gap. “It’s cool that your tutor taught you. Mine understood that he needed to speak slower and face me when he was talking, but that was it. My parents didn’t bother finding someone who knew how to sign because they figured I could get by with the hearing I have left.” He explained, shrugging before running his hand through his hair. “I like to go horseback riding and I like archery.” He answered when Mikaela asked what he liked to do. “What about you, what do you like to do?”

@bpalmer - Mikaela

1 Like