Eurovision 2022 🇮🇹

Okay, as noticed by people on the What song are you listening to rn? :musical_note: thread, I quite enjoy keeping up to date with the Eurovision songs :joy: So I felt like it was time to make a thread about this as most of the songs have currently been released or will be released within the next 1.5 weeks and it deserves it own thread. I will also be posting updates on here if new songs have been announced.

Who has already listened to the songs? And if you have, what’s your opinion on them, like what’s your favorite this far or which songs do you dislike? :thinking:
(Edit, also feel free to discuss Eurovision in general, it doesn’t have to be specific to 2022)

1 Like

Added tags

List of all the songs this far, my opinions on them and polls to vote on :sunglasses:

Albania

0 voters

I personally quite like this song, feels super European which I guess I can appreciate. Pretty excited for the revamp coming out later today.

Australia

0 voters

I can appreciate the song and his voice is nice and he can sing live, but I think it will not stand out enough during Eurovision. It’s a song however I will definitely be listening to.

Bulgaria

0 voters

It’s not that terrible as many people say, there is something catchy about it. Still far from my favorite however.

Croatia

0 voters

She is a weak singer live tbh, she doesn’t carry the song, so one of my least favorites…

Czech Republic

0 voters

I like the vibes, but something is missing in my opinion to really make it stand out.

Estonia

0 voters

I love it, in my personal top 5 right now for sure. Something unexpected and with a nice message…

Finland

0 voters

I get it, the Rasmus is a relatively big band and this is what Finland does best, but they had better options in the national final tbh… Again, it doesn’t stand out enough to me and the singer isn’t the strongest singer either live.

Ireland

0 voters

Pretty generic song, but I do like it actually. Only thing is studio version is much better than live, so curious how that will turn out in eurovision

Israel

0 voters

Ngl, it made me laugh when I first heard it. But I am sure this will be a party on the stage, so I feel like it will end higher than the odds place it at and if executed well maybe even final.

Italy

0 voters

Live is even better than studio, and that says something. Love this song a lot, the lyrics and flow of the song and the combination between the 2 fairly different singers who still blend well together is just almost perfect in my opinion.

Latvia

0 voters

Fun song, but I cannot listen to it seriously and like it…

Lithuania

0 voters

Not something I would listen to, but I feel like it will do relatively well with the juries.

Malta

0 voters

One word, boring. They had an awesome Maltese song, but chose this very generic song without a build up instead. And there is something annoying about the song in my opinion.

Moldova

0 voters

My last place :slightly_smiling_face:

Netherlands

0 voters

I do like it, there is no live version however so I am not sure how it will translate on stage. It needs something from the staging and stuff to really blossom.

North Macedonia

0 voters

An underdog in my opinion, if performed and staged well I can see it going to the final for sure.

Norway

0 voters

It’s silly yes, but catchy and well-executed so I can actually like it unironically

Poland

0 voters

Love his voice, reminds me a bit of the Swiss song from last year. Doesn’t stand out enough to me tho

San Marino

0 voters

I get a bit creepy and weird vibes from this song and the singer :grimacing: So not one of my favourites

Slovenia

0 voters

It makes me smile, and I actually like it. But I don’t think it will do that well…

Spain

0 voters

Not a song I personally like, but objectively a good song. So I can see why it so popular

Ukraine

0 voters

I hope this song won’t win, it’s good don’t get me wrong and it deserves top 5, but I would feel it’s a bit unfair if it would win only because of the war cause it is a song contest after all and it simply isn’t the best in my opinion :woman_shrugging: Tho I love the rap with the cultural element combined.

Okay, Albania’s revamp just came out. Very sad there is a lot of English now. It’s also smoothed out a lot, but lost it’s power in that so sadly I liked the pre revamp version better…

Some of these are European countries?

1 Like

Australia and Israel definitely are European countries yes :upside_down_face:
Nah, while it’s called Eurovision there are quite a few countries participating (or that have participated in the past) that aren’t actually considered Europe

1 Like

Still don’t really understand why Australia is there tbh, they were allowed to join one time as there are many Aussies who watch it (it’s during the day there) but somehow they ended up never leaving :joy:

1 Like

I’m talking about Malta, San Marino, Macedonia, and Moldova.

Lmao at Australia just being there for no apparent reason. Where’s France and Scotland? Bosnia? Belarus?

1 Like

Yeah, all those countries actually are European!

France is joining, but their song hasn’t been chosen yet. Just like UK, Germany and a bunch more countries. This is like half of the countries that’s joining this year. Bosnia isn’t joining this year, they have joined before but don’t want to join for financial reasons. When it comes to Belarus, that’s not there for political reason (they were banned last year and that lead to them not wanting to join anymore) but I am sure they wouldn’t be allowed to join with their role in the current war…

1 Like

Also, messed up but Hungary isn’t joining anymore because the contest is considered too gay basically :broken_heart:

1 Like

Really?! Wow

Financial reasons? Oh yeahhhhHhH Belarus is a part of Russia-

Eurovision is too gay? Wtf? (Coming from someone who’s actually never watched Eurovision)

1 Like

Something to do with first off all it not being cheap to have a good act, but also they have to pay a certain membership to be allowed to join…

At this point basically yes, lol, it’s still it’s own country but one of the only 4 countries worldwide that support Russia and they actually follow orders from Russia. They allowed the Russian army to enter Ukraine through their country, without their role the war wouldn’t have been possible…

Lol, okay, how to explain this. It sort of became a symbol for the LGBTQ community. You always see a lot of rainbow flags in the audience and stuff. Many of the artists are also part of the LGBTQ community, for example Duncan Laurence (Dutch winner eurovision 2019 with Arcade). But also a lot of performances are obviously LGBTQ, I will show some examples if you are interested:

Also found a compilation of a lot of LGBTQ entries:

But yeah, unfortunately, Hungary has been becoming a lot more homophobic again the last year and this ended up being the reason the broadcaster decided to not want to join Eurovision anymore. Which truly is sad…

1 Like

Newest songs released

Montenegro

0 voters

Not bad for sure, nice voice and I do like a Balkan balled, but again it lacks something and actually is pretty forgettable

Germany

0 voters

Not sure yet what to think, I was expecting anxiety to win so I’ve only listened to this song once this far. Update, listening to it again and vibing to it. It’s something I would definitely listen to, so not a last place for Germany this year I think, but not top 10 either

4 new songs selected today

Denmark

0 voters

Not my favourite, when it gets more uptempo it becomes very obvious the singing isn’t that strong. A shame, cause I actually dig the vibes.

Romania

0 voters

I want to dislike it, but I think this might be my guilty pleasure this year… Tho I only listened to the song twice now…

France

0 voters

Not a song I would have expected from France, but I’m not complaining. It’s a cool song, tho there is still work to do if they want to get a good result.

Serbia

0 voters

I don’t understand why this was chosen, probably won’t make it to the finals (while there were options that would have done better) Update: learned the meaning behind the song and thinking about it more I am glad they went with something out of the box, and it has been growing a little on me. Still not my favourite, but I can actually see it possibly going to finals.

I LOVE our (Serbia) song SO MUCH. When it came out eveeeeryone was making fun of it but I always thought it was great. There is such a deep meaning behind it and I don’t get how people don’t see it. It might not be a winner (tho if you ask me I can see it being in the final because it’s so catchy) but it surely is something different and out of the box for my country. I really love that she’s basically calling out the system

I’m not listening to other songs because I enjoy the magic of listening to them on tv for the first time while they compete :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I mean, I guess I can appreciate that Serbia didn’t go for the ‘safe’ and boring choice and went for something unique and meaningful instead. And since I’ve figured out the meaning behind it I can appreciate the song more and can totally see why it was chosen. However, honestly still don’t really like the way it sounds, musically it doesn’t make that much sense to me. But tastes differ and that’s okay :relieved: It might grow on me tho, as it already went from bottom 5 to somewhere in the middle :joy:

And that’s fair enough, I totally get that. I used to do that as well, but I noticed that it always took me some time to warm up to certain songs. Some songs are easier to get into on the first listen, and others take a few times to get into. And on the contest I want to actually be rooting for those songs that are actually my favourite, and not only those that I enjoy listening to 1/2 times. So that’s why this year I decided to really give all the songs time to possibly grow on me!

Okay, I’ve been basically listening to the Dutch song on repeat since I came home, specifically a live version. I love this song, and that says something coming from someone who rarely likes singing in Dutch. It’s so powerful, vulnerable and super catchy. And her voice is just AMAZING live :heart_eyes:

Okay Switzerland, you got my attention :eyes: It’s interesting how they haven’t announced a single thing yet, no artist, no song name, nothing. It makes me curious though!

Switzerland

0 voters

Okay, okay, Switzerland. You’ve not disappointed at all. It’s in my top 5. His voice, the lyrics, I love it. Excited to see how it will be staged, but I think a final is very well possible!

Georgia

0 voters

It’s a vibe, not my vibe. Guess all that I can really say about it. Maybe I will end up loving it on stage, but I don’t connect with it at the moment :woman_shrugging: