Eurovision 2022 šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹

Cyprus

(Video will be added once itā€™s out on YouTube)

0 voters

Itā€™s nice and like the cultural elements in it, but itā€™s something I feel like Iā€™ve heard before.

Belgium

0 voters

This is in my top 5 for sure, the way it builds up and his voice. Itā€™s great in my opinion.

United Kingdom

0 voters

Welcome back UK to actually being competitive in eurovision. Awesome voice, rad combination between some humour but also quite a meaningful song. As long as he doesnā€™t disappoint on stage, I can see top 10 for sure!

Greece

0 voters

I wanted to stop halfway through, it honestly was so boring to me and couldnā€™t keep my attention. I donā€™t understand at all why itā€™s being received so well what I read about itā€¦

Austria

0 voters

Finally, the official release. Itā€™s a bit too electronic sounding for me, and Iā€™m not a fan of that.

Ooh, fairly unexpected, North Macedonia did a slight revamp. Better production and instrumentals really make the song reach more of its potential.

@astxrism, you would probably love to know the Serbian song really has been growing on me. Is at least in my top 10 right now :eyes:

1 Like

Hehe, happy to hear that :stuck_out_tongue:
Itā€™s not the beeeest song but being so weird makes it kind of good

1 Like

Originally I thought it was kinda weird in a bad way, but now Iā€™ve listened to it a few more times I actually think itā€™s weird in a good way :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes yes. I think eveeeeryone here felt the same way (including me), but really, the more you listen to it the more it becomes weird in a good way

1 Like

A few new songs, only 2 more to go after this

Sweden

0 voters

Was it the right choice for Sweden, yes. Do I love this song, not really. There is something about her voice that prevents me from truly liking it when I listen, I think itā€™s like the fact her voice is so close to breaking quite a few times and sheā€™s only just on pitch most of the song.

Iceland

0 voters

I have a soft spot for this song because it reminds me of my trip to Iceland. I love the staging and they have nice calm voices, but even if I like it a lot I donā€™t expect it to do that wellā€¦

Portugal

0 voters

Yes, yes yes!!! Iā€™ve been following this song since release, and finally in the final they staged it to perfection. Such an improvement from semi final. The clothing, the sitting down, the background singers, the clapping. Love how artistic and laid back this song is, totally my vibe and possibly even my new favourite!

Armenia

0 voters

Iā€™m a bit sad itā€™s a style of song we already have quite a bit of this year. I personally really like it but I feel like because it isnā€™t that unique it wonā€™t do that wellā€¦

Okay, since there are only 2 songs left to be released, itā€™s time for my official top 38 (will just edit it to make top 40 once the last 2 have been released. Those with a star I would want to be in the final (*d for the 5 direct placements, *1 for the 10 from semi final 1, and *2 for those for semi final 2)

1. Italy :it: *d
  2. Portugal :portugal: *1
  3. Netherlands :netherlands: *1
  4. Ukraine :ukraine: *1
  5. UK :uk: *d
  6. Norway :norway: *1
  7. Belgium :belgium: *2
  8. Estonia :estonia: *2
  9. Australia :australia: *2
  10. Serbia :serbia:*2
  11. France :fr: *d
  12. Spain :es: *d
  13. Albania :albania: *1
  14. Iceland :iceland: *1
  15. Poland :poland:*2
  16. Sweden :sweden:*2
  17. Ireland :ireland: *2
  18. Germany :de:*d
  19. Armenia :armenia: *1
  20. Switzerland :switzerland:*1
  21. Romania :romania: *2
  22. North Macedonia :macedonia: *2
  23. Azerbaijan :azerbaijan: *2
  24. Finland :finland:
  25. Montenegro :montenegro:
  26. Israel :israel:
  27. Austria :austria: *1
  28. Latvia :latvia:*1
  29. Slovenia :slovenia:
  30. Czech Republic :czech_republic:
  31. Cyprus :cyprus:
  32. Greece :greece:
  33. Lithuania :lithuania:
  34. Georgia :georgia:
  35. Malta :malta:
  36. Denmark :denmark:
  37. Bulgaria :bulgaria:
  38. Croatia :croatia:
  39. San Marino :san_marino:
  40. Moldova :moldova:

Iā€™m obsessed with this song!!! :rofl:

1 Like

I like it quite a lot as well! What makes it a 10 for you? :thinking:

1 Like

they have great vocals, thereā€™s humour, it has a nice beat as well as good dynamics and itā€™s a song that stays in your head.
and Iā€™m obsessed they used both the name Jim and Keith since me and my friend have an inside joke about those two names. :joy:

1 Like

It definitely is a song that stays in your head, and probably one of the easiest to remember the lyrics from which helps make it addictive I guess.
And thatā€™s fun with those names being in an inside joke :joy:

What other songs do you like this year, or didnā€™t you listen to others yet?

1 Like

Iā€™m still going through them.
I love how more countries are going back to their own language instead of all going English but Iā€™m still trying to listen to them all.

1 Like

Yeah, there are quite a few. I always really like that to hear the different languages

1 Like

As for the netherlandsā€¦ I am iffy about it. I never really liked dutch songs like just when they are sung in dutch.

But the song itself is good, for me itā€™s just that itā€™s sung in dutch that makes me grinch haha

1 Like

Fair enough, for me itā€™s one of the very few songs where it doesnā€™t bother me that much itā€™s Dutch. Maybe because her pronunciation is so weird that my brain doesnā€™t fully even see it as Dutch. Like honesty, I struggle even hearing what she sings knowing the lyrics. The last word of every lyric she basically doesnā€™t pronounce in quite a few cases and some words just sounds and it just really doesnā€™t sound like spoken Dutch to meā€¦

1 Like

lol

1 Like

Lol, now Iā€™m listening to it again and focussing on her pronunciation itā€™s not as bad as I said :upside_down_face:

1 Like

hahaha only because you focus on it. itā€™s like listening to someone with a heavy accent, just listening more carefully helps a little

1 Like

Probably yeah :joy: But yeah, in my opinion she still does have quite a strong accent, not sure what it is though, sounds like quite north-westish to me :thinking: Edit, had a look at where sheā€™s from (Abbekerk which is municipality Medemblik) and thatā€™s exactly the area I imagined based on her accent, the northern half of North Holland basically.

1 Like