Excuses for forgetting your homework

What excuses have you given when you forgot or didn’t do your homework?

I hated doing homework when I was in school. (And to be honest, I still don’t like assigning homework, and I only assign it when I have to.)

Here are some excuses that a lot of kids use:
-I got home late
-My cousins came over and I was busy with them, so I didn’t have time
-I had too much homework in math or Spanish
-My brother accidentally put his homework in my backpack, and mine in his
-Homework? We had homework?

11 Likes

With online, some assignments just don’t get done. Usually I say that I “forgot” to submit it if they ask, usually by then I’d have done the assignment just in case (but like do it at a time I can actually do it lol)
That way if they ask you have it and you can just say that you “forgot” to turn it in. Then there were times where the teacher told us the homework and I forgot to write it down… thus forgetting we even had homework in the first place. So then I’d just say that I didn’t know we had homework lol.

2 Likes

They rarely even ask us if we did our Homework :eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve always been one to actually do my homework when there’s been required homework. Though, in high school nearly all assignments were turned in digitally (pretty much the only times things weren’t were when it was presentations or something we had to physically build) and it was not uncommon for someone to attach their completed assignment, but not hit submit.

1 Like

I’d say I forgot or I left the book at home

1 Like

My method. I used to do all my homework until part way through year 10 when I just kinda stopped, I developed a what’s the point attitude simply for the fact my teachers didn’t mark it, they just ticked off if you did it. So I would rush it at the begining of class.

There was the odd time where I would forget my book though because we had so many books and the timetable changed every week. You kinda realise there is something wrong with me when I’m usually really organised but suddenly I start forgetting things, guess the school didn’t pick up on that :upside_down_face: so I got my Mum to ring up

Bump!

A few weeks ago I submitted blank files for homework and pretended they got corrupted so I could get an extension :eyes:

2 Likes

In 2019? I left it on my desk or didn’t have time :eyes::sparkles:
In 2020? My WiFi suddenly stopped working and the page wouldn’t load :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

My teachers don’t accept excuses :((

I could be at the hospital in a full body cast and they’d still ask if I did my homework :sob:

1 Like

When i was at school i used to do my homework but some days i would forget or i just couldn’t be bothered to do it. Most of my teachers honestly didn’t care, they would never tell me off for some reason :joy:

• The simple “i forgot”
  • “I did it on my computer last night but it wouldn’t print off this morning”
  • “I left it at home”
  • “i left it in the car”
  • “i left it on the bus”
  • “it was in my bag this morning idk where it’s gone insert friend saying “she did it miss we were on call whilst we did it”

Sadly none of these excuses work when homeschooled :pensive:

I don’t have a printer at home and the computers at my old school were really slow plus the upper years always had priority so I couldn’t print anything the teachers needed us to print for homework so I would end up drawing it or writing it on paper. If a teacher ever didn’t accept it my Mum would get mad.

• Someone borrowed my hw back home and he didn’t come today.
  • I did hand in! Isn’t it in there?
  • I didn’t bring.
  • Idk how to do
1 Like
  • No WiFi
  • Insist that you sent it by email, maybe even show a fake mail
1 Like
  • I did it but it’s in my other bag.
  • I was too tired last night
  • My parents had friends there and I couldn’t do it
1 Like
  • I forgot the homework at home
  • I forgot we had an assignment (honesty)
  • I tried to send it in! Must be an internet issue…
  • Family emergency
1 Like

I honestly just tend to tell the truth and beg for mercy :eyes:

• I brought the wrong book/notebook :((
  • I left it on my desk

I never forgot homework :sweat_smile:
but I friend alsways said
“That’s a funny story but it would take too much time of this great lesson you prepared, so please don’t bother asking any further questions” :joy:

• I did my homework but I forgot it at home :smile_cat:

Students in my class when I used to go to school would be like… Since when we get homework?! :joy:

2 Likes
  1. I did do my homework but I forgot it at home! I will bring it tomorrow promise.

2. I left it in the car.

3. But I sent it! You mean to tell me it didn’t sent? It’s probably internet issue I will try again today.

4. my dog ate it.