`♔ fairytaled | official roleplay thread `♔

⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇

image || image

october 11, 2017 - present

╔ ———————————— ╗

𝓅𝓁𝑜𝓉

Her bottom lip quivered. Her question trembled in the air-“Are you sure?” She cowered, bony knees knocking together, shoulders caving in, she found she couldn’t quite meet his eyes.
“We cannot afford to wait any longer. This will work. It has to.”
She said nothing-what was there to do except nod in meek agreement. Even though his back was turned to her, she offered a shivering curtsy out of respect before leaving the room, softly closing the wooden door behind her.

One week later…
A shimmering golden package tied with a burgundy ribbon is delivered to your character. Inside is a letter, penned in pitch-black ink…

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 [ 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇’𝓈 𝓃𝒶𝓂𝑒 ],
𝒪𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝓎𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓂𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓂𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝒶 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒶𝓁𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇. 𝒲𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒶 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒰𝓅𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝐻𝒾𝑔𝒽, 𝒶 𝒷𝑜𝒶𝓇𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒻𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝒻𝒻𝓈𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔𝑜𝒻 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓂𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓎, 𝒻𝒶𝒾𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓈, 𝒻𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓁𝓀𝓁𝑜𝓇𝑒. 𝐼𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃, 𝓌𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝑒𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝓎𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓂𝑒𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝒾𝓃𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓁𝓊𝓍𝓊𝓇𝓎. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝓁𝓊𝓍𝓊𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃𝒸𝓁𝓊𝒹𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓇𝓂𝒾𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈, 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓈 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝓃𝑜𝓌𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑒𝒹 𝒸𝒽𝑒𝒻𝓈, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝒶𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒷𝓎 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓈. 𝒩𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓉𝓇𝓎, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓃𝓊𝓂𝑒𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝑜𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓈-𝑜𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝑒𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒰𝓅𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝐻𝒾𝑔𝒽. 𝒩𝑜 𝓉𝓊𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑒𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒶𝓇𝓎, 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑜 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒻𝓎 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒶𝑔𝑒. 𝒲𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝑜𝑜𝓃.
𝐻𝑒𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒢𝓇𝒾𝓂𝓂 & 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝒻𝒻

Included with the letter is a uniform according to the student’s gender and student handbook.
It has been exactly one year, and Once Upon a High still stands tall, gates open for yet another year. Last year, the first-years were dismissed-slightly frazzled, but unharmed. Deals had been struck, kisses shared, couples created. Each student left the large white castle with a spinning head full of memories. Now, the second year has begun-with the old students returning, but new ones mixed in as well. It is time for students to form new relationships, make memories, have fun, and complete their assignments. And ignore the dark magic lurking just around the corner.

╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗

𝓇𝓊𝓁𝑒𝓈

1. Each roleplay post must be four to five sentences long. No one-liners are allowed, and just one word does not count as a sentence. If you are having trouble with keeping your posts four sentences are more, I am always here to help ^-^ There is no limit to how long a post can be [ although these forums might have one… ]

2. S-x is allowed, but it must be implied. Be sure to follow the guidelines of the shanniiwrites forums. Once the clothes come off, fade to black, or move to a PM to continue. You can describe intimacy such as kissing, making out, etc, but please make sure to keep it PG-13! ]

3. Make use of trigger/content warnings. When discussing sensitive topics, add a warning and blur the content. Make sure to follow the guidelines regarding topics you wish to discuss and do proper research on them to make sure you are writing sensitively and correctly.

4. No godmodding without consent. When you control the actions of a character that is not yours without permission of their creator, you are godmodding. If you wish to do so, please ask their creator first! You may never k-ll someone’s character without their permission either.

5. No orp posts on the official roleplay thread. You may include an orp/ooc at the end of your character’s rp post. However, you cannot simply post something that is only an orp/ooc. That is what the chat thread [ or possibly the signup thread ] is for. Please be sure you’re posting in the right places to prevent clutter!

6. Cloning is allowed in certain circumstances. You are allowed to clone your character to finish up a conversation from a past time/class period. However, you cannot clone your character twice in the same time period [ ex : having two copies of your character in literature class ]. This is not allowed because it makes no sense-your character can’t duplicate themselves and do two things at once. [ Well, unless that’s their ability xd ]

7. Activity levels. I am very easygoing about this. I would prefer if everyone attempts to post at least once a week, but of course, I understand if you don’t/can’t. I would appreciate knowing if you are unable to, though <-< We all have lives, and you don’t have to write when you aren’t feeling it or have something going on!! :)) however, if you are inactive from the RP for a long time, I might ask you if you are still interested. If you are inactive from these forums for several months, your characters may be deleted or put up for adoption, unless I was previously told not to. TLDR, communication is key~

8. No mary sues / gary stus. These are perfect, overpowered characters with no flaws and no way to be defeated. Do your best to write a realistic and balanced character! Let me know if you need help~

9. No two characters can share the same first name or faceclaim. This includes different spellings of the same name / different pronunciations but same spellings. If your character goes by a nickname that is already taken, this is not allowed either. If the characters are identical twins, they can share the same faceclaim. However, if not, you will have to pick another. I love finding names and faceclaims, so let me know if I can help you in any way.

10. Have fun and be respectful. I love this RP with all of my heart, and I hope you guys will grow to love it as well. Please be kind and treat each other with respect. Disagreements happen, but please attempt to resolve them in PMs. The only drama we want is in-RP drama! Your interest means a lot, and I want you to be as happy and comfy as possible. So reach out to me if you have any issues!

╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗

𝓈𝒾𝑔𝓃𝓊𝓅𝓈

click [ here ] for a guide to signing up your fairytaled character, written by yours truly~

character name :
child of :
romantic orientation :
best subject :
personality :
biography :
faceclaim :
birthdate [ optional ] :

the signup form for pets is below…
name :
pet of :
personality [ optional ] :
biography [ optional ] :
faceclaim :
birthdate [ optional ] :

╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗

𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒𝒸𝓁𝒶𝒾𝓂𝓈

- ladies [ a - m ] -
- ladies [ n - z ] -
- gentlemen [ a - m ] -
- gentlemen [ n - z ] -
- non-binary [ a - z ] -
- creatures [ a - z ] -
- adoption center -

╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗

𝓁𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓈 & 𝓁𝒾𝓃𝓀𝓈

- all characters + reserves list -
a list in google sheets form that contains every FTD character, including reserves, inactives, and pets. helpful to determine which parents and names are taken, ratios, and more! ^-^

- roommates -
a list in google docs form that contains the roommate pairings. useful for determining your character’s dorm number as well.

- schedules -
a list in google sheets form that contains every character’s schedule. Also includes class ratios, and soon to include grades.

- instagrimm -
social media slides for the characters. free to edit and create for your own characters. a play on “instagram”.

- official roleplay thread -
the thread for roleplaying!

- official signup thread -
a place to make reserves, create awesome characters, and to react to them! i will also post the occasional announcement/poll here!

- official chat thread -
a place for the fam to chat, and for orp content!

- official fan thread -
a place to read and write fairytaled-inspired fanfiction. i also post art here, and you guys are welcome to as well! mostly a thread for creativity and extra fairytaled content.

- calendar -
a place to schedule events such as school events, clubs, parties, etc. will be filled up soon enough…

- faerie tea -
once upon a high’s mysterious new gossip blog…

╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗

𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓂𝓈

- class registration -
mandatory form!! you must fill this out in order for your character to have classes to attend.

╚ ———————————— ╝

╔ ———————————— ╗

𝒶𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈

old episode forums
[ one ][ two ][ three ][ four ][ five ]

episode forums
[ one ][ two ][ three][ four ][ five ][ six ][ seven ][ eight ]
[ nine ][ ten ][ eleven ][ twelve ][ thirteen ][ fourteen ]
[ fifteen ][ sixteen ][ seventeen ][ eighteen ][ nineteen ]
[ twenty ][ twenty-one ][ twenty-two ]

return of the legend
[ one ][ two ]

miscellaneous
[ fanfiction thread ][ s-class ][ signups I. ][ signups II. ][ signups III. ]

╚ ———————————— ╝

40 Likes

:teddy_bear: Kaden Patience Lockes - Maximilian
Kaden wasn’t really used to messy rooms. His house had always been completely spotless. His mother, father, and himself were very organized people-always looking for something to polish, tidy-up, or fix. Still, he didn’t really mind messy rooms, some people even worked better in “unorganized” spaces. Besides, he would never want to embarrass Maximilian by saying he minded if a dorm room was messy. Maximilian was new, he would have the whole year to decorate his dorm and decide what type of atmosphere made him the most productive, right?

“Alright, then, thanks.” Maximilian said. Then, almost as if he had read Kaden’s mind, he said, "“I hope to not as messy in the future then. The presentation does contribute to the work environment.” So a tidy room helped him work faster-they had that in common. “Definitely! I work a lot better when my room looks nice,” Kaden chirped, happy him and Maximilian actually had something in common. “If you ever need help cleaning, let me know!” He hoped that didn’t sound weird. He just liked helping others and cleaning, so helping Maximilian clean his dorm seemed like a lot of fun.

As they walked, Kaden started skipping a bit, smiling widely. What a day it had been. When he had woken up that morning, he hadn’t expected he’d make such a good friend and have such an event-packed day. He wondered what tomorrow would be like. Hopefully Maximilian and he would have lots of classes together. Then they could spend more time together…studying of course. The sky was very pretty, it was unfortunate that it would soon fade into the blackness of night. The sunsets at Once Upon a High were always stunning, though, there’d surely be another one tomorrow.

He was surprised when Maximilian snatched the phone away from him, staring at it with some sort of awe and admiration. He wasn’t bothered, this was a whole new world from Maximilian and he wanted him to get the most out of every new experience. He smiled to himself as he watched Maximilian examine the photo. In the golden sunset light, he looked even more handsome. His skin appeared to be glowing, and even his dark locks had a certain shine to them.

Maximilian handed his phone back to him after a few more moments. “Yes, do your message thing." Kaden pressed the share button near the top of the photo, and scrolled through his contacts to find “Maximilian” which was just above “Mom”. He sent the photo to Maximilian with the caption “:city_sunset: :sun_with_face: :orange_heart:”. “There you go!” he smiled at his friend before sending the same photo to his mother. She was probably worried about him. He added the caption “The sunsets are so beautiful here. I love you :kissing_heart: Before sending it and pocketing his device.

“I still want to have a painting of that. A sky like that should be made in acrylics.” Maximilian was saying, and Kaden agreed. “We could totally paint it sometime!” He was already thinking of a way he could paint the sunset in his own style-with bright neon colors and cartoon-like clouds. Maximilian and he sure had a lot of things they wanted to do in the future. It would make the school year so much fun.

They would soon reach the school, they were on the pathway back now.

“So this messaging thing, can I ask how that works? It just seems improbable that words could float across devices. It is useful, just bizarre.” Kaden perked up, he liked answering questions, just talking in general. He thought a moment, and tried to explain texting as best he could. “Well, there are lots of towers that send signals to the cell phones twenty-four seven…” He began. “These towers know the number of each phone in their area. If you aren’t near a tower, the phone can’t work.” He hoped this was making sense. “When you send a message or call-” He would probably have to explain calling next-“It goes to the tower. The tower then sends the message to the number that you wanted it to be sent to.” Texting was harder to explain than Kaden had thought. He hoped it somewhat made sense to Maximilian.

@FuzilladeBlue

:bow_and_arrow: Valentina Amour Cupid - Merthiel
Merthiel had not given a last name, but Valentina decided it would be best not to ask for one. Besides, it didn’t matter, she would probably never refer to her by her last name. She watched as Merthiel tucked one lock of midnight-blue hair behind her ear, somewhat smugly. “I really like your hair,” Valentina offered anxiously.

The girl raised a thin brow, hearing her sign of relief. Oops. She hadn’t meant for Merthiel to hear that. Hopefully, she wouldn’t think much of it. Valentina didn’t really feel like getting into a fight on her first day back, and she hoped Merthiel didn’t either.

Merthiel made an uncomfortable noise, perhaps a laugh, showing she felt just as awkward as Valentina did about the current topic. Good. This meant Valentina could avoid it all together and move on to something else.

“Protection? What protection?” Merthiel suddenly asked, sounding suspicious. D-mn it. As the daughter of the god of love and, well…sex, was she obliged to answer this question? The girl’s brows knit closer together as she leaned in very close to Valentina, until they were only inches apart. She could feel the animosity radiating from Merthiel, and her face started to feel sweaty. Valentina could sense people’s admiration, lust, and hostility, and this blue-haired girl had a lot of hostility towards her. But what had she done wrong? The look on her face implied she wanted to know more about this ‘protection’. Had Valentina confused her, or did she really not know what condoms and birth control were? Laughing somewhat nervously and hoping it was the former, Valentina replied, “You know…protection against…becoming pregnant?” She kept her voice low so the students around didn’t overhear.

She chuckled in a prideful way, saying haughtily, "“This is ridiculous. How could you, Valentina
Strawberryhead, think that there’s protection against me? I suspect we don’t even have the
same thoughts as each other.”
Oh. So she was thinking about something else-there had been a mix up. Her face flushed a deep pink and she pressed her lips together, mortified. Even though she was sure she, a demigoddess, could stand her ground in a magical duel against Merthiel, she didn’t know what this girl had up her sleeve. She stood up a bit straighter. She had to be ready for anything.

“Oh…that kind of protection…” She said awkwardly. “Well…I hadn’t considered it. You don’t plan to hurt me, do you Merthiel?”

@Nil

:trident: Lorelai Summer Pearl - Cinder
“So, tell me Meretrix, what brings a greek goddess down to these parts. Not looking for a one night fling, I assume, otherwise you wouldn’t have bothered making yourself comfy.” Cinder asked. She was right, Lorelai would never enroll in a school just for a one-night stand, why would she when she had so many back home begging for just a glimpse of her? “I was invited,” Lorelai replied. “A change of scenery is always nice, Olympus was getting boring.” She had already dated and slept with half the school, the other half hated her guts.

“And what brings you here? Hell got boring?” Cinder flung open another door, she seemed to be getting more and more irritated with each dorm. Lorelai wondered if she should inform Cinder that each dorm was exactly the same. At this rate, she would never find a dorm she liked. Maybe she should just take a whole dorm for herself. There were lots of available dorms that no one lived in yet.

“Don’t suppose, then, if you know this place so well you could give me a tour. Maybe see if we can find some hidden passages, secret rooms, all that BS that they say there are in old creepy castles like these?” Lorelai nodded somewhat excitedly. She hadn’t spent too much time exploring the school for secret rooms and passages, which opened the possibility of their existence. This school, in the past, was indeed an actual castle, so there was bound to be hidden hideouts, basements, and maybe even a hidden attic. “I’m down.” She said with a smirk. Turning around the other way, she looked back at Cinder. “Just follow my lead.” As they walked, Cinder asked more questions. “How long have you been here then? Gotten up to much? Met anyone… interesting? If you catch my drift…” “This is my second year,” Lorelai began. She bit her bottom lip as she remembered her…encounters from last school year. “I guess you could say that. I’m just letting you know now, though, you won’t meet anyone more interesting than me.” She sent a playful wink to Cinder, sticking out her tongue.

@LTea

13 Likes

:lion:LAV JARILIVICH DEV

As I arrived at the destination on a horse becuase I had no money of my own to get a taxi, nor enough skills to drive a car. The whole yourney I’ve been holding tightly to the horse’s rein with both hands while the letter was lodged between my hand’s grip and the left side of the rein. I could’ve sworn I’ve been hodling it so tightly it was as warm as my expression when I first read it. Oh and how many times I’ve read it to make sure it wasn’t a dream. More than a english professor has read Shakespeare, that’s for sure. As I approached the building my I couldn’t describe my feelings. Is this gumption? I was so in awe I forgot to stop the horse, and so he slowly walked towards it, as if taking a stroll rather than moving, making the grand building seem even bigger with each individual step she took. I dismounted the horse and took the package from the horse’s backside. So I stood there looking like a happy fool with a letter in one hand, and a package that was opened and resealed in another. I walked towards the big door hoping my parents being fairytale creatures is the only criteria to be met. I couldn’t open the doors, not just becuase both my hands had objects in them, I could easily hold both the letter and the package in one hand. It was the excitement, the jitter, the stage-fright and the jet-leg. I don’t know why but I hoped for a stranger that was also a freshman to make this a bit easier for me.

ORP: Approachable outside the school

6 Likes

:fire: :sunny:Aidene || Ivan :fire: :sunny:

“It’s a pretty one big thing,” Aidene responded slightly amused as he mock-pouted. “C’mon don’t be grouchy about it, it’s not a long time.” Aidene tsked slightly at his last comment. “Time is the one thing we don’t have Ivan. C’mon, Ivan, I expected you would know that.” Aidene shrugged one shoulder a cheeky smile on her face at his response, she would always be better at Classic Nahuatl than him. Of course, she could tell him a bunch of things that he wouldn’t know, “Ah, okay, here’s something else I bet you didn’t know. The sun is livable on, it’s quite warm in fact. Cozy, but I’m pretty sure you’d burn to ashes if you even came close to it.” She snickered slightly, she was holding her heritage and knowledge of the heavens above him and she had to say, it felt kinda nice.

“It was!” Aidene responded, “It was so f-cking hilarious I’m pretty sure everyone in the tavern is internally laughing. You should be honored, you were the star of the show.” She snickered slightly for a moment before regaining control of her face and shrugging slightly as she peeked over to see the boy quickly packing up to leave. “Aww, poor kid, why you got to be so scary Ivan.” Aidene thought for a moment before shaking her head, “Nope, I was probably the reason the poor thing stayed for so long.” Aidene refused to compromise and stuck her tongue out at Ivan in a joking manner.

The girl looked at him, and rose an eyebrow slightly and Aidene had to supress another wave of giggles so the girl could respond. What was he doing with his goddang mouth? That didn’t look quite natural Aidene bit her lip slightly as she shook her head slightly when he did the action. Although she knew he wasn’t really into the girl, she could’ve been sold otherwise. Magnificent performace. Aidene thought to herself. “Ye wan’ to know if I find ye attractive?” She asked incredously. Hopefully the girl wouldn’t, she didn’t seem that Ivan would be the type of guys- if she liked guys- that’d she’d be into. Ivan looked rather preppy, hopefully to preppy for her tastes. The girl looks back at Aidene incredously before smirking slightly and shrugged. “Yeah, I would,” She said. Yer definitely not ugly to me, although I’d be more interested in your partner over there. She’s got a better style than ye, preppy boy." The girl responded her thick accent covering her words but still understandble. Aidene gave a smile to the girl and was returned with a wink as the girl walked back to where she came from. She turned to Ivan and raised an eyebrow, “You know someone would ask if you were okay, because the thing you did with your mouth definitely wasn’t.” Aidene snickered slightly, “But okay, you’ve got a rather nice lucky streak. You want to choose the last one?” Aidene asked.

Aidene was growing slightly uncomfortablee, it was weird to be asking him about his romantic relationship streak, at first it was lighter, but now it was…wow. These were the reasons Aidene abstained from any relationship, especially friends-with-benefits. Too many strings attached. “There was one girl. We agreed we wouldn’t fall for each other, but she fell for me anyways…But it wasn’t my fault. She promised-” Aidene nodded slightly although she couldn’t relate or be sympathetic towards, unless rejecting people counted? She doubted it. “It’s fine, maybe we should move the topic towards to something else?” Even though their acknowledged friendship on Aidene’s side was started under questionable base, she knew she did like and believe Ivan to be her friend. Even if, later on, he wouldn’t believe that. HIs face started turned pink and Aidene teased him slightly, “At this time, it seems it would be easier for your face to remain pink.” After her comment he seemed to blush more which only made Aidene more amused with the situation, it was funny. “Nah, if you can handle a fight with me, you can more than surely handle this ‘musky’ air.” Aidene responded rather happily not believing the musky air was the reason that he was blushing. Not for a second.

Internally Aidene was panicking because it seemed she couldn’t get a handle on her body temp. causing it to fly all about the place. This certainly wasn’t her normal look. Of course, now moments later she was back to normal but that was an embarrasing thing she couldn’t or wouldn’t easily forget. Aidene rolled her eyes slightly, he didn’t quite believe her. She didn’t know herself, which concerned. She shouldn’t be able to not burn anyone at a moment’s notice, that would suggest attachment, and that itself is a very dangerous thing. She looked at Ivan for a moment, funny, how someone she just met today can have such a strong impression on her.

Aidene glanced at Ivan to see him looking at the ashes with alarm and she returned it with a mischevious smile, once again amused by him. “Um…” Aidene laughed slightly and crossed her arms, “You know, my dad once told me that patience was a virtue.” She teased him slightly. Aidene was quite proud of herself for impressing him, although she believed she had done quite a lot of that today. She mentally had to block the image and memory of the small, tiny, friendly kiss on the cheek she had given him before she herself exploded into ashes similar to the stuffed bird and she saw Ivan follow her. He caught up to her easily and watched the ride, and now Aidene was excited for it as they waited in line. Her mind drifted to the first time she went to a carnival with her dad, she was curious about Ivan’s experience. Perhaps he could distract her, he’d done a lot of that today. It was a bit loud so she leaned closer to him so he could hear, “Hm, a lot of people have siblings with them, did you ever come to carnivals with your family or just your friends?”

@ethereal ~ Ivan - WEEE BACKKK

5 Likes

:lion:LAV DEV

After standing there, reluctantly for way to long I say to myself “You’re being childish again, Lav! Your father was right all along.” And with that in mind I opened the door and started walking with a calm in my mind that was soon to be broken. I was glad to see not many plants were there for me to acidentally ruin. As I kept walking I soon realised I didn’t know where I was going. I felt like an idiot who would soon become the laughingstock of this whole school. I’m sure they’ll laugh if they find out I couldn’t find my way in here. And with that negative thought came more to my head swarming it, making me feel like I don’t belong. That episode of brutal self-doubt was followed by distant footsteps and since I just freaked myself out, I felt scared of the person who was coming. Nevermind her gentle and warm appearance, I was firghtened. She looked at me and smiled and I came to her, eyes focused on her face only to notice a few seconds too late that she was holding a plant. I looked at the plant as it gradually went dry quickly, as all plants I would come in contact with. I was so caught up in first impression I forgot most people who like flowers would probably hate me … her included “I’m so sorry about that!” I said trying to make up for the fact I probably ruined her biology project by just being me.

@ethereal - Tatiana

5 Likes

:rabbit2: Ivan "Ivori" Bunni - Aidene
“It’s a pretty big ‘one thing’,” Aidene responded, amusement playing on her lips. Ivan huffed, wishing he could take it back. Who knew how long she would tease him about this for. I’m not sleeping until I’ve memorized every d-mn word of that d-mned language… Ivan kept his arms crossed and lips pouty as she continued, refusing to reply, like a bratty child. Maybe he was taking his sulking too far, but he was too embarrassed to be reasonable. She was smiling. “Time is the one thing we don’t have Ivan. C’mon, Ivan, I expected you would know that.” She was right. He didn’t know how long he had until he was summoned back to the agency, never to see Once Upon a Kingdom-or Aidene again. “I do,” He replied, slowly reaching the end of his pouting. “So why should we waste it on a bunch of petty knowledge?” His cocky tone was back, as well as his ever-present smirk. “Ah, okay, here’s something else I bet you didn’t know. " Aidene continued. She was certainly on a roll now. Ivan frowned. "The sun is livable on, it’s quite warm in fact. Cozy, but I’m pretty sure you’d burn to ashes if you even came close to it.” Wow. Ivan was sure he had heard of beings that resided in the sun before, and of course he knew that if he ever had the chance to get close to the burning ball of gas, he’d melt. He hadn’t known Aidene had lived in the sun before, though. It was almost as if she was taking all of her knowledge about her heritage and birthplace and rubbing his face in it. “Oh yeah? Well-” Suddenly, he stopped, paling. He was about to give her another bit of information about his own birthplace-Wonderland. But he wasn’t Lucius Rabbit. He was Ivan, the son of Beauty and her Beast. “Bất cứ điều gì.” He said instead, ‘whatever’ in Vietnamese. Hopefully, she didn’t know this language, and would be irritated by this. His face was returning to its normal color now that he had fixed his mistake.

“It was!” She insisted. "It was so f-cking hilarious, I’m pretty sure everyone in the tavern is internally laughing. You should be honored, you were the star of the show.” Ivan sighed, shaking his head at her snickering. “Well…” He finally said, smirking casually. “Wherever I go, I’m the star of the show. There isn’t anything I can do about it.” He sent her a teasing wink, sticking his tongue out. The curly haired kid was now packing his bag at the speed of light, thanks to the two of them. “Aww, poor kid, why you got to be so scary Ivan.” Aidene said. Ivan opened his mouth to insist it was her, she spoke again. " I was probably the reason the poor thing stayed for so long.” Ivan let out a burst of laughter. “Keep telling yourself that, kiddo.” He watched as the curly haired boy ran out of the tavern, leaving a trail of papers. “Who studies in a tavern anyways,” he mumbled. She stuck her tongue out at him jokingly and he did the same.

The punk-ish girl rose an eyebrow and seemed to stare deep into Ivan’s soul. Aidene was trying not to laugh, probably because he was behaving in such a different way than usual. He mentally rolled his eyes. Compared to his Oscar-worthy performance, hers was nothing. The girl looked incredulous. “Ye wan’ to know if I find ye attractive?” Ivan nodded lightly and tilted his head charmingly. He didn’t say anything, he just kept a small smile, hoping she did. Although he appeared confident, he was a bit worried-he seemed to be the opposite of this girl’s type. Don’t judge a book by its cover… He tried to reassure himself. The girl’s reply was masked by a heavy accent, but Ivan was pretty sure he understood. “Yeah, I would, Yer definitely not ugly to me, although I’d be more interested in your partner over there. She’s got a better style than ye, preppy boy." His eyes widened slightly, although he wasn’t too surprised, he still wanted to act a bit at least-to seem confident. The feeling is mutual, he thought, slightly bitter. After thanking the girl and watching her leave, he turned back to Aidene. “You know someone would ask if you were okay, because the thing you did with your mouth definitely wasn’t.” She snickered again, which would normally annoy Ivan, but this time it didn’t. Maybe he was too butt-hurt to care. Or maybe because it was Aidene. “C’mon, you’re just jealous it wasn’t directed at you,” Ivan teased her. When she offered to let him choose the last one, he nodded. He needed every advantage he could get. “Alright, thanks.” He looked around the tavern, trying to find someone who looked his age. Finally his eyes settled on a feminine looking girl with long blonde hair and striking brown eyes. “Her,” He nodded towards the girl, trying to be inconspicuous.

Talking so much about his romantic past was getting a bit weird, Ivan didn’t like opening up to people, especially about his player-like habits. He knew that having those kinds of relationships might cause him to be judged by other people. There was something else that made him want to end the conversation…But he couldn’t place it. Aidene nodded, but he couldn’t read her expression. Since she didn’t date, she probably didn’t understand what he was talking about. Lucky. Although a pretty girl like her had probably rejected quite a few people in her lifetime. "Maybe we should move the topic towards to something else?” Aidene suggested. Ivan nodded, “Alright,” he agreed, a sense of relief washing over him. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Aidene, but there were other things to talk about-less deep things, hopefully. “At this time, it seems it would be easier for your face to remain pink.” Aidene teased. Frowning, Ivan sucked in his cheeks, willing them to turn back to their regular flesh tone. “Nah, if you can handle a fight with me, you can more than surely handle this ‘musky’ air.” A smirk formed on Ivan’s lips at the opportunity to tease her once more. “I don’t think that’s a good comparison, since fighting you was sooooo easy,” Ivan said, leaning back in his chair. He let out a few fake coughs. “The air-it’s…” Another purposefully fake cough.

She looked a bit stressed from all the teasing, and Ivan almost felt bad. Almost. She was quickly returning to normal. Pity. She looked kinda cute when she was flustered. What was he thinking? All flustered people are cute. It’s just a fact. He savored the last couple second of her embarrassment, knowing it would end soon.

She smiled mischievously at his alarm. He was too surprised to care. Surely she had a plan for this… She laughed and crossed her arms. “You know, my dad once told me that patience was a virtue.” The last few words caught him off guard. Where had he heard that before?

“Hey, Dad!” Lucius was shrugging on his striped peacoat, getting ready to go to the carnivals with his brother, Clayton. Of course, they had gone yesterday, but one could never go to the carnival too many times, especially not in Wonderland, where new activities occurred each day. “Yes, Lucius?” His father was in the kitchen, munching on a slice of carrot cake to celebrate his un-birthday. “Clay and I are heading out to the carnival, we’ll be back in a bit!” “Wait!” His father was hopping towards him. “Yeah?” Clay looked at their father anxiously. He had seen a rabbit stuffed animal at the carnival yesterday and was eager to try and win it again. “It’s Saturday, it’s the afternoon, and it’s busy. If you’d rather, the three of us can go tonight…” His father smiled hopefully. Clay looked indignant. “Pleeeease, Dad? I really want to go right now.” Lucius nodded and looked imploringly at his father. His father sighed. “Alright, go ahead. Stay safe.” “Yes!” The two boys cheered together. “Thanks, Dad!” Lucius threw his arms around his father, and so did Clay. “We’ll be back by seven.” Lucius assured him, opening the door. His father smiled, shaking his head. “You two have made me soft. Patience is a virtue, you know.” Lucius rolled his eyes playfully. “Yeah, yeah, we know. You’ve only said it a hundred times!” He joked to his father, who chuckled lightly. “Bye!” Clayton beamed. With one last wave, Lucius shut the door behind him. Clay and he started racing for the colorful tents, not too far in the distance. This was the last time Ivan saw his father.

He snapped out of it, realizing he had zoned out. “What? Oh…yeah.” He agreed awkwardly, trying to remember what was going on. Luckily, he felt somewhat back to normal by the time the hummingbirds began to rise from the ashes. But his mind was quickly sent into a dizzy once again when Aidene planted a kiss on his cheek. Okay, what the h-ll is going on. As he walked, he tried to ignore…everything and focus on walking in a straight line, which was difficult with his current mindset.

“Hm, a lot of people have siblings with them, did you ever come to carnivals with your family or just your friends?” Her words stung. Memories flashed through Ivan’s mind, memories of him and Clay at the Wonderland carnivals, sometimes even bringing their father along. Memories of eating bunches of cotton candy and bags of buttered popcorn. Memories of laughter and cheerful times. “No, I’ve never done that,” Ivan said somewhat bluntly. “And I don’t have any siblings.” His heart felt like it had been stabbed. Like he had betrayed Clay by saying he didn’t exist. He avoided asking Aidene the same question, remembering her sisters were total b-tches. Instead, he asked, “Which part of the carnival are you enjoying the most?”

o r p

@katabasis YASSS AND BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE! :smiley:

:love_you_gesture:t3: Tatiana Winifred Bell - Lav
Tatiana had been cooped up in her dorm for too long. She had gone in some sort of hibernation after accidentally-on purpose kissing the nice guy she had met on the cheek. Oh my gosh… How could I have done something so… Tatiana clenched her fists together, feeling a mixture of frustration and humiliation. Finally, she decided to take a short trip to the village. There, she bought a small succulent plant. Growing up in Pixie Hollow, Tatiana had been surrounded by plants, but she’d never had one of her own. She had a special knack for forgetting to water them or give them enough sun. But this would be different. It was a succulent, and wouldn’t need to be watered too often. Besides, it was a trendy and cute dorm decoration. It was a new school year and she was determined to keep her dorm decent-looking. She was back at the gates of the school. Even though it was the afternoon, students were still arriving and it was pretty crowded. She couldn’t help but make eye contact with a dark-haired boy. Smiling awkwardly, she nodded. However, she couldn’t wave, her hands were pretty full, with her new plant-baby. She looked down at her plant happily-only to find it had shriveled up to basically nothing. Alarmed, she looked up, only to see the dark haired boy rushing towards her, his lips forming words she could not hear. Had he done this? She frowned at him, dumping the remains of the plant into a nearby trash can. Then, she took out her sticky-note pad and scribbled down a message. 'I’m deaf. She passed it to him and folded her arms, unsure whether to feel upset or scared. If he had been the one to kill her plant, could he do the same to her? She didn’t want to accuse him just yet though…

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - LOVE this man XD

6 Likes

When I read the note she wrote me I gasped. I immediatelly wanted to say something to her, and only as I fashioned the words to say to her in my mind did I realise that’s she’s just admitted to being deaf. I pointed towards her hand to show I need the pen to communicate with her. I gently took it and held the paper against the wall so I would be able to write something. I wrote “I’m sorry for killing your plant. It’s kind of my thing.” I wanted to mention her inabillity to hear, but I didn’t know if saying ‘Sorry I didn’t know you were deaf’ would be acceptable and non-offensive. So I decided against ever noting it. I passed the paper back to her with the pen attached to the note.

@ethereal

3 Likes

His mouth popped open, he was obviously surprised. He held out his hand, and she handed him the pen immediately, feeling stupid for not thinking of that first. He started writing quickly, and she wondered what he might be saying. Perhaps “Sorry”, both for the extermination of her plant and for her being deaf. Telling people she couldn’t hear was awkward-it really made the conversation tight, not that they were having much of a conversation yet. Although Tatiana didn’t like when people apologized for her deafness, she understood what they were trying to say, and expected it most of the time. So she was both surprised and relieved when she read his note. I’m sorry for killing your plant. It’s kind of my thing. She smiled a bit before peeling off the sticky note and pocketing it for recycling later. She then wrote, Don’t worry about it! I’d probably end up killing it myself anyways… She drew a tiny smiley face and paused before writing, Are you new here? Maybe they could be friends.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

4 Likes

When I saw her smile as she read my note I was relieved. I thought this little manuever would cause her unhappines and soon my father would be able to find me and punish me. And then when I remebered my father I became tense. If something happens here and people start being angry about me acidentally killing all the plants and all the fruit trees and all their food, it will surely be known to my father. I like to think I kept hidden from my father for so long becuase he thought if I ever escaped he’d find me in a place where plants dying in seconds would first appear. So I wondered if this would cause me to be expelled becuase my father would decided to punish me. I wonder if my first ever school experience would be cut so short when I’ll begin to like it and feel less tense. She gave me her notebook again and the pen. He read as it follows

Don’t worry about it! I’d probably end up killing it myself anyways : )

This made me smile. I know she is sarcastic, but this little sentence is the closest I could relate to anybody. Most my problems exist becuase of it and yet … she doesn’t know about my cursed power. Well it’s more a curse than a power since I cannot controll it.

Are you new here?

He smiled thinking she asked this becuase she was also new. He wrote “Yes I am new here. Would you like to go somewhere else? Somewhere to relax a bit before the stress of school gets to us.” And I send her back both the notebook and the pen smiling softly, but trying not to hide too widely.

@ethereal

2 Likes

:fire: :sunny: Aidene || Ivan :fire: :sunny:

Aidene tilted her head at him at his comment, “Each piece of information is very valuable. Find the right person and it’ll give you whatever you want.” She laughed slightly before looking away. “Truth hurts but secrets kill.” She released a breath, all prior darkness completely gone within the instant and observed Ivan quietly. She was certainly annoying him with this conversation and it made her laugh, although him paling slightly concerned her, “Are you alright, Ivan?” She asked him right before he spoke a language that seemed to have strong Asian roots, so an Asian language. Awesome, Aidene sucked at them, English was already a stretch. She merely was quiet for a moment, before speaking again- hopefully she got the idea of what he said. Or, it’d be a rather nasty fall from grace. “Aww, c’mon, don’t be upset, you may not know as much as me, but it’s not like you don’t anything. Nobody’s that perfect, except for me.”

“Wherever I go, I’m the star of the show. There isn’t anything I can do about it.” Aidene rolled her eyes before responding, “Okay, well I’m afraid the boy stole your show,” she pointed to him as the kid packed his bags at the speed of light and left the tavern and turned back in time to hear him laughing. “Hey you may laugh now, but next time when another person comes and you scare them away twice as fast you’ll know why.” Aidene laughed slightly at Ivan’s mumbling, “It’s a nice place to study if nobody bothers you…” Aidene was familiar with it, studying in taverns when her mother worked, often the other employees looking after little Aidene as she scribbled randomness on the paper kids menus. She rubbed her wrist wistfully before putting on a smile once more, “Copy-cat,” Aidene laughed.

Oh the acting, the acting, it was so entertaining. Tilting his head this and that giving small smiles and the confidence although Aidene was probably sure he was anything but. He was surprised then, when the girl said yes, and Aidene was too but she didn’t make her eyes as wide as a saucer. “Me, obviously I’m the one she preffered,” Aidene responded incredously. “She just didn’t want to hurt your feelings, Ivan.” Which was probably not true, even Aidene could easily admit that Ivan was a rather attractive person, she would have said yes as well. What are you thinking? Honestly, what is wrong with me today. He nodded before picking a feminine girl with long blonde hair and striking brown eyes. Aidene raised an eyebrow before responding, “You know, we’re both pretty sure blondie over there will say yes. But alright,” she sighed slightly before she waved at the blonde. Well, she wasn’t blue-eyed so maybe there’s hope. The blonde walked over, a broad smile on her face.

Aidene noticed that Ivan was also getting quite done with the conversation about his love life, and agreeing to stray the conversation from this topic was a welcome thought. “I don’t think that’s a good comparison, since fighting you was sooooo easy,” Aidene laughed not taking the bait and rolling her eyes instead. “Says the boy who walked away with some serious burns, and I recall you pinning me to the ground for an extensive amount of time.” That didn’t quite sound the same as it did in her head, and it was a bit a late to take it back. The tips of her ears turned slightly pink but hopefully Ivan wouldn’t notice. “The air-it’s…” Aidene gave a knowing look before shaking her head, “C’mon, you’re acting was better when you were flirting with the girl.”

“No, I’ve never done that, And I don’t have any siblings.”

It was quite a blunt response, Aidene wondered if she touched a nerve? Could he have a close family member that he lost or something? It was a varying sound from Ivan’s usual happy-go-lucky demeanor since the tavern and their conversation. “Hm, well that’s both a blessing and curse.” Aidene paused before adding, “I wouldn’t mind my sister being gone.” It took a few moments before she recalled a faint memory of her youngest-oldest sibling and somewhere inside her heart ached, but then again she was dead. As all the best people did, she ended up 6 feet under. The ride operator called for the line to move forward, she tugged the Ivan’s sleeve lightly before nodding up ahead. “C’mon, our turn.”

o r p

@ethereal ~ HEHE YESS, also, hope you don’t mind me skipping a few paragraphs!! I just didn’t have anything to add/continue with them so I skipped a response towards them, hope that’s alright!!

Haneul Iseul Jae-Hwa || Outside OUH

Hanuel Iseul Jaw-Hwa didn’t bother to waste her precious time looking at the uniform, a snap of her fingers and it was on fire in her trashban within her hotel room. No she quite liked the way she dressed, thank you very much.Perks of being a Dokkaebi, and the reason she was here, “Dokkaebi representation Hanuel! Represent us Dokkaebi’s, you must go.” And go she went, but not without a lot of attitude and sass of course. Most people would think sending a girl who was deaf into a new place was very hazardous, but they obviously had never met Hanuel. While she could hear, she could see, and feel the tremors of someone walking close by, see the quick figure running behind her, smell the wafting perfume of someone who had walked out of the door of a store a few meters away. She was well-equipped.

She paused by a fruit stand, an apple, she approached it and seller smile and spoke, but Haneul ignored him and picked the biggest apple she could. The seller’s hand was outstretched, Hanuel smiled broadly before taking a bite to the seller’s horror and disapearing within a blink of an eye, leaving not a single coin. It’s not like she felt like it, but the seller had filed for bankruptcy this year and he obviously wasn’t, consider it, tax return. In the sense of, tax returning to collect from you. She walked lazily towards the Once Upon A High Gates, her knapsack of stolen candies, fruits and coins from randoms on her way her. Okay so maybe she had violated their rights by looking into their heads, but it wasn’t as if they needed this. They probably didn’t even know it was missing.

Hanuel was walking when she bumped into someone, spilling her knapsacks contents all over the ground, the glitter of stolen jewels gleamed in the sunlight, she dropped down to pick it up hurriedly, making things disapear as she grabbed them and reaapear into the back. She purposely ignored the blonde male she had bumped into and continued to unacknowledge his existence as she reached for her notebook.

o r p

@Littlefeets ~ Thinking Matt could be the one that she bumped into?

4 Likes

He looked quite relieved, and all of Tatiana’s anger immediately vanished. Of course it had been an accident. Besides, her room was so messy she would have soon lost the little plant. She really needed to stop turning to retail therapy when she got stressed out. Looking around, they were surrounded by trees, shrubs, and gardens. Tatiana wondered if the succulent thing would happen again-only on a larger scale. She hoped not. They would both be sent to the principal’s office, which was not a good start to her new year. She shifted her weight onto one foot, watching him read her message. He seemed friendly, so hopefully he’d continue the conversation.

She watched as the corners of his mouth turned up in a smile, and assumed he liked her joke. It wasn’t really a joke if it was true though, was it? He kept smiling as his eyes scanned the rest of the sticky note. She watched as he began to write again, and then smiled at him as she took the pad back. He looked like he was trying to hide his smile as he handed it back-was he shy? Yes I am new here. Would you like to go somewhere else? Somewhere to relax a bit before the stress of school gets to us. Was what he had wrote. She laughed a bit, and then nodded. It was too crowded where they currently were. “Want to grab something to eat at the Castleteria? I’m starving!” Tatiana wrote. She passed him back the pen and pad, brushing soil off of her hands.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

“Each piece of information is very valuable. Find the right person and it’ll give you whatever you want.” Aidene’s head was tilted. “Truth hurts but secrets kill.” Well, that got dark quickly… Ivan thought, his eyes flicking to the ground for a moment before meeting hers again. He wondered if she was referring to a past experience-or worse, if she was onto him. No. She couldn’t possibly be onto him. He was the best in his agency. He wasn’t doing anything suspicious, except turning pink every other minute, which even he didn’t understand. “Do you want me to start listing them, then?” He teased her, trying to lighten the dreary mood that now hung overhead. “Are you alright, Ivan?” She asked him, seeming genuinely worried. After hearing him speak in Vietnamese, she didn’t speak for a while, trying to think. * “Aww, c’mon, don’t be upset, you may not know as much as me, but it’s not like you don’t anything. Nobody’s that perfect, except for me.” Aidene replied finally, a satisfied grin on her freckled face. So she had translated his words well enough-or was she just guessing? He wasn’t sure. *Seriously? Out of all the languages I could have picked, I chose another one she knows? He sent her a mock-glare, and grumpily replied in a different language. “ikh bin akei.” This was Yiddish, and it was pretty unlikely she spoke it. This was a reply to her earlier question, meaning, “I’m fine.” His next reply was also in Yiddish, “ikh visn fil mer vi ir ton. aun mir beyde visn vos di shleymesdik iz.” He smirked at her, although he felt a bit funny speaking in a language he didn’t use often. Hopefully, he had it right. These two sentences translated as, “I know plenty more than you do. And we both know who the perfect one is.” He pointed to himself smugly, also giving her a hint at the same time.

“Okay, well, I’m afraid the boy stole your show.” Ivan heard the tavern door slam, but he was focused on Aidene. “Nah, he’s just an extra compared to me,” Ivan told her, chuckling anyways. He had to agree, the boy’s frantic leave was a lot more interesting than his flirting. "Hey you may laugh now, but next time when another person comes and you scare them away twice as fast you’ll know why.” He put his hands up in mock-defense, laughing again. “Hey, I’m the good guy here.” He protested. “It’s a nice place to study if nobody bothers you…” Aidene said. Ivan couldn’t disagree. It would be nice to study here, although it was loud and the air wasn’t the best, the food was amazing. “I guess I can see that,” Ivan said, cocking his head to the right. When she teased him about copying her, he shook his head, laughing. “But I wore it better, didn’t I?”

“Obviously I’m the one she preferred. She just didn’t want to hurt your feelings, Ivan.” Although it was true that the punk girl preferred Aidene, Ivan was still clinging to the hope that this earned him a point. “Like my feelings would be hurt over that kind of thing.” There was some odd feeling that entered Ivan’s stomach when Aidene said his name. Like he was special. Which he wasn’t. Ivan blamed it on his new environment. “You know, we’re both pretty sure blondie over there will say yes. But alright,” Aidene said, in a somewhat bored way. “That’s why I picked her,” Ivan replied, watching Aidene wave her over. He would have teased Aidene with yet another wink, but didn’t want to risk the blonde seeing. However, as the beaming girl walked closer, Ivan’s eyes widened with horror. Pinned on her shirt was a small button with seven horizontal stripes of various pinks, white, and orange. The lesbian flag. Desperately, he turned to Aidene, his eyes telling her to stop the girl from coming over. He didn’t want to be one of those a-shole guys who hit on girls who clearly weren’t interested in them. “Aidene.” He whispered under his breath. “Aidene, please.”

Aidene laughed and then rolled her eyes at his half-insult, watching him as he laid back in his chair, looking relaxed. "Says the boy who walked away with some serious burns, and I recall you pinning me to the ground for an extensive amount of time.” “Hey,” Ivan said, somewhat arrogantly. “As I recall, I won that fight. With a few ‘battle scars’.” The tips of his ears were a very light pink when she brought up his pinning her to the ground. “Sometimes, you have to do whatever it takes to win.” He finally said, his tone defensive. He noticed the tips of her ears were pink, like his. He decided not to bring it up at the time, maybe then she’d ignore his blush as well. “C’mon, your acting was better when you were flirting with the girl.” She teased, shaking her head. Ivan sat back up, laughing. “A lot better than yours was. It was so obvious you were trying not to laugh,” He retorted.

She ignored his question about her favorite part of the carnival-was it on purpose? Instead she seemed more focused on the sibling thing. “Hm, well that’s both a blessing and curse.” His heart
panged. “Yeah, I like having all the attention,” He joked, “As you may have noticed.” His smirk was a mask-disguising his sadness. “I wouldn’t mind my sister being gone.” Aidene added. Ivan looked at her, sympathetic. But also, he was a bit angry. At least she had siblings. No. They weren’t real siblings if they treated her so poorly. Ivan felt his anger dripping away and turning to numbing sadness. Aidene tugged on his sleeve. “C’mon, our turn.” Ivan smiled and followed her. If I pretend everything is okay, it will be…

o r p

@katabasis - No, of course I don’t! I totally understand! :smiley: So are Ivan and Aidene tied, or does Ivan have two points and Aidene none XD

5 Likes

Ivan’s eyes flicked to the ground and she looked away, perhaps a bit too dark for now, he seemed pretty surprised. But hopefully it didn’t give away too much from her past, hopefully little to nothing at all. But she had played her cards right, her secrets were safe. She didn’t think Ivan picked up on not everythin she said was completely true. She was pulled out her thoughts by him speaking again, she was slightly lost on how to respond seeing as she had been wandering her own mind. “Only…if you want to?” Although her reply wasn’t as confident nor was she well grounded. He spoke another language. G-ddamn, how many does he know? Aidene thought to herself, she stopped herself from subconciously biting her lip to give away any indicators that she didn’t know what he was saying. His smirk gave her the idea that he was proud, and the point to himself gave way through the language barrier. Perhaps he’s saying that he’s better than me…? Or something along those lines… “Yeah, keep dreaming. I think you’re going senile old man.” Aidene snorted slightly, hopefully she got it close, but at the same time she was pretty impressed by his knowledge and tenacity.

“I don’t think that’s possible, to be more extra than you, Ivan.” She responded teasingly, which she happened to do a lot with him. “Good guy,” Aidene shook her head. “Nah, don’t believe, you are purely wicked, Ivan.” After her comment about studying here he didn’t have a negative response, surprisingly responding with “I guess I can see that” She mimicked him cocking his head to the right, “Uh, no.” She smiled, “But you come second.”

Aidene released a breath before saying, “No point for either of us then?” It seemed fair, but mainly because Aidene wasn’t a fan of losing, she already lost once to him. Aidene raised an eyebrow, “You never know, you do look like those preppy kids who are given the world.” But she shrugged it off, "It’s not true but appearances are tricky like that. Aidene gave a deep mock frown REF: :frowning_face: . “Ahh, playing tricky are we?” Aidene turned to see the reason for Ivan’s eyes becoming large as saucers and she giggled slightly as she caught it. The flag for lesbians, “Oh this is amazing.” Aidene laughed as the blonde approached closer, “Aww, but that’s rude.” Aidene pouted slightly. “You made your bed now lie on it. That’s what you get for judging a book by it’s cover Ivy, so feel free to explain it.” Although she didn’t quite want to throw Ivan under the bus, he did choose the blonde.

Aidene rolled her eyes, “Because I didn’t want to get in trouble for burning someone to a crisp.” She responded just as prideful. She tilted her head at that statement, “Whatever it takes? Quite dangerous words there Ivan.” He didn’t mention the blush but she know he was thinking along the same lines because his ears matched it, she looked pointedly at them as if making a silent statement with raising her eyebrow. She however, didn’t make a verbal remark and flicked her eyes back to his face. “Ahh, you got me, but hasn’t your mother told you, ‘Honesty is the best policy’.”

“Nooo,” Aidene responded sarcastically. “Couldn’t tell. Not at f-cking all.” He smirked at her slightly pairing his comment. She didn’t like the look Ivan gave her, in general she didn’t like people to attempt to sympathize with her- she often felt it forced and fake. But somehow, she didn’t feel that way when Ivan gave her that look, more like well, someone actually understands. Ivan smiled and followed her, together they got onto the carnival ride, in one of the back seats. “So, have you been on a rollercoaster?” Aidene asked him. " Because I haven’t. So hopfully it’s fun and not drop-dead terrifying."

o r p

@ethereal ~ Up to you~ And Ivan my poor child X(

3 Likes

She didn’t say anything else about…whatever that last moment was. Ivan felt the atmosphere slowly returning to normal. Aidene, of course had secrets. He just needed to find a way to get them out of her. Which he would. He shook his head quickly, relieved to find a way out. “Nah, It’ll be too much you don’t know at once.” He tapped her on the forehead in a light, playful manner. “Not good for your pea-brain.” He didn’t mean that, of course. From what he could tell, Aidene was pretty smart. What a shame she didn’t know he was draining her for information… Ivan felt nauseated with guilt at that thought. She didn’t seem nearly as confident, especially after he spoke Yiddish. She seemed to be in deep thought. I swear, if she knows Yiddish… Ivan’s eyes popped as Aidene delivered yet another fitting response. Either she was lying about not knowing too many languages, or she had excellent guessing games. Fine, you win. Ivan thought grumpily, returning to his native language. “Hey! Respect your elders!” Ivan commanded, talking in a frail, cracking voice to imitate an elderly man. He wondered what language she didn’t know. Maybe he should ask. She was obliged to answer hie every question honestly…

“I don’t think that’s possible, to be more extra than you, Ivan.” Aidene teased. Ivan nodded slowly. Was this a compliment? Maybe, of sorts. “I’ll take that as a compliment,” He said confidently, even though he still wasn’t completely sure if it was. She shook her head, saying he was purely wicked, not the good guy between the two of them. “I’ll take that compliment as well,” Ivan added, knowing she was only joking. If she knew what he was up to, however, it would be a lot more serious. She copied him this time, also tilting her head to the right. It was kinda cute. “Now who’s the copycat?” Ivan joked to her. “Uh, no. But you come second.” “Good enough,” Ivan settled. “As long as you’ll admit you’re second with the head tilt.” He gave his most charming smile, his head still tilted.

He nodded. “That makes sense,” He said, although that meant they’d have to find another person after this. It was better than giving the point to Aidene. She raised an eyebrow, "You never know, you do look like those preppy kids who are given the world.” He was taken aback slightly, but not offended. If only she knew how broken his life was… “Is it the uniform? Or the hair?” He asked, chuckling. Even though he’d wrestled in the grass and eaten food slicked with grease, his uniform was still pretty new-looking. His hair was a bit messed up (Aidene), but the remaining bits of gel kept it in a preppy-shape. “It’s not true but appearances are tricky like that.” “Yeah… that’s true…” Ivan said, somewhat solemnly. He felt like this was somewhat directed at him-he was trying to appear as someone or something else. He was tricking Aidene. She was giving him a very fake frown, but he didn’t have time for teasing. He kept his eyes wide. Please know what that badge means… Aidene was giggling, having seen the flag badge. “Oh this is amazing.” The girl was almost in earshot. “Help me!” Ivan hissed at Aidene. “Aww, but that’s rude." Aidene said with a pout. "You made your bed now lie on it. That’s what you get for judging a book by it’s cover Ivy, so feel free to explain it.” Are you f-cking kidding me… He couldn’t do anything except glare at her now, as the blonde could hear their every word. He was panicking-trying to come up with a plan-anything that would cover up the reason they had summoned her.

Aha. Quickly, Ivan recalled a language they both knew-Arabic. Hopefully, Aidene would catch on and help him out. Otherwise… well, she’d be in big trouble. “Hal tatahadath alearabia?” Ivan asked the girl, putting on an innocent and confused face. This phrase translated to “Do you speak Arabic?” When the girl’s face clouded with confusion. Perfect. “We…” Ivan stammered, pretending not to know an ounce of English. “We… new…not…here…from…” He said, as if he struggled to say every word. His toe nudged Aidene’s, as if to say “Play along.” It was his fault, but he really didn’t want to admit his original intentions.

She rolled her eyes. “Because I didn’t want to get in trouble for burning someone to a crisp.” Her voice swelled with pride. “Aww, be nice…” Ivan cooed. He wished he had a nickname for her other than “kiddo”, which was getting old. But Aidene was hard to shorten. “Aid” and “Dene” were pretty ridiculous. * “Whatever it takes? Quite dangerous words there Ivan.”* Aidene observed. “Well…” Ivan clicked his tongue. “I’m a dangerous guy.” Her brows were raised and she was staring directly at his reddening ears. He stared right back. Don’t. Make me say it. She met his eyes again, which was somewhat of a relief. “Ahh, you got me, but hasn’t your mother told you, ‘Honesty is the best policy’.” He rolled his eyes. He didn’t remember much about his mother, but she had always been full of strange sayings, just like the White Rabbit. “That’s a lie.” Ivan stated. Tilting his head again, he thought aloud. “Wait, is that a paradox then?”

“Nooo. Couldn’t tell. Not at f-cking all.” He chuckled. He did love attention, praise anyways. Although sometimes it was nice to just go unnoticed. Aidene didn’t seem too annoyed with whatever look he gave her, which was good. They squeezed into the back seats of the ride. They were pretty close, the carts weren’t too large-they must have been built for children. Besides, Ivan’s shoulders were pretty broad and he alone took up almost half the cart. His shoulders were touching hers, and for some reason, that sent tingles up his arm. So, have you been on a roller coaster?” Aidene asked. Ivan fiddled with his seat belt as they spoke, trying to figure out how to put it together. " Because I haven’t. So hopefully it’s fun and not drop-dead terrifying." Ivan decided to be honest. “Me neither. I don’t really know what to expect.” He met her eyes and smiled cheerfully. “In that case…I hope it’s drop-dead terrifying. Just for you.” He hit the buckles together, but they wouldn’t close. Ivan cursed under his breath.

o r p

@katabasis ~ I think the no point is a good idea! IkkKkkKK he’s had a rough past :frowning:

5 Likes

Matt Carpet with Haneul Iseul Jae-Hwa

Matt was still in a state of confusion from being kissed on the cheek. He hadn’t ever experienced that before. It made him smile, but Tatiana had run off before he could respond in any way. He also still had her notebook, but he couldn’t find her to return it. He took some time to check out his dorm, attempting to process the earlier events and planning to find Tatiana again later that day or the next. He changed from the school uniform which he started the day in, to a simple T-shirt and jeans. Without having classes that day, he was able to change into something much more his preference. Eventually, Matt decided to look around the school some more on his own, which was when a girl bumped into him. It jumped at the surprise, but as soon as he saw her belongings hitting the ground he went down to help her pick them up. He wasn’t sure if it was his fault or hers, but he gave her an extremely apologetic look, mouthing the word sorry, as he picked up the notebook she was reaching for at the time.

@katabasis

4 Likes

Ivan, thankfully, didn’t make a comment on her dark sentiment, causing the mood not to dwell on her prior comment. Ivan tapped her forehead a few times while responding. “What?” Aidene scoffed, she didn’t quite like the idea of someone knowing more than her in anything, she was prideful like that. She attempted to retain a high level intelligence because it was a heartening thing to be smarter than the others around her and also, if you wanted to get to the point where you were attempting to take over and cause havoc across an entire school, you needed to be somewhat intelligent. Ah, wreaking havoc, her one and only goal for rach and every school she went to, manipulating people, taking their secrets and their desires to benefit herself. It was the only way she could be truly acknowledged as a spirit of war and combat being partly mortal, but still, she couldn’t help the heavy feeling in her gut of her eventual plan to take Ivan of his secrets and whatever information and him in the dirt. It was a familiar feeling, but now, it bothered her more than it had ever before. Maybe because it was Ivan. Maybe she was just tired. His surprise clued Aidene that she was right in her guessing games and smiled brightly and broadly. Ah, not too bad. Ivan returned to English, which was quite a welcome relief. She tilted her head to the side, another question coming to mind. “How old are you in actuality?”

“Interesting way to take it, but alright,” Aidene responded. Ivan didn’t seem to know quite how to take it, which delighted her slightly with amusement. “Ah, at this point everything must be a compliment to you, no?” But, it was obvious that Aidene was joking, If anything I’m probably the most wicked between the two of us. “Is it copying if I did it better?” She shook her head slightlyy, smiling, “How about you admit I did them both better and you came second.”

"Awesome,"she responded and at her comment about his looks he obviously taken aback. Hopefully not offended though, but he simply responded chuckling. “It’s the uniform and the hair,” she responded. His uniform didn’t really show signs, well not many, of the eventful day they had. Beginning with a fight that ended up wrestling on the grass, grease-covered food and his messed up hair. “I only speak the truth,” Aidene lied smoothly. If anything she rarely spoke the truth, the conversation she had with Ivan probably held more truth than she ever spoke in her life. Aidene was perfectly content with watching everything go wrong but as she looked at Ivan panicking she sighed slightly knowing that either he had values or he was easily terrified by a lesbian. She went the first one.

Ivan began speaking arabic as if he didn’t know English, Aidene saw the girl’s confusion, she probably would’ve been confused as well. Ivan looked, quite frankly, the last person to be able to speak any sort of Arabic. Aidene was not racist, she was just aware of the obviousness. His natural English accent as he paused was not helping him, he nudged her foot under the table and by contrast she kicked him back, now it was getting kind of crazy. “Excuse my idiot friend here,” Aidene spoke to the girl, drawing her attention to her away from whatever mess Ivan was doing. “We were both thinking that you were cute and had a pretty nice style, so we wanted to see which one of us you’d prefer, as a slight joke. But my friend doesn’t want to disrespect you seeing as your not into the male gender, so sorry for the trouble!” Aidene apologized, and the girl didn’t seem that offended, instead relieved, probably because she didn’t know how to handle communicating with someone from the opposite language.

“Nice? Unknown word, can I request a definition please?” She responded smartly. “Well…I’m a dangerous guy.” She laughed, shaking her head slightly. “Yes, very dangerous, like a little bunny.” He stared back at her when she was pointedly looking at his ears, ah, so he head obviously noticed hers as well, amazing. But thankfully, he didn’t mention it, she didn’t mention his, it was almost interesting as they could have a short pointed conversation with mainly looks and facial gestures. His eye roll was was expected, “That’s a lie. Wait, is that a paradox then?” Aidene shook her head, no, “You know you’d have to prove that, when was time honesty wasn’t the best policy.” Aha, so now secrets. Aidene kind of felt bad about it.

The seats weren’t really made for someone of their stature and sizes, more like children which was slightly uncomfortable but Aidene could deal. They were pretty close to each other, however, because of it, causing their shoulders to touch one another’s. She glanced at him for a moment, unused to the close proximity or the sensation of touching people. She wasn’t quite a touchy-feely person. She gave him a mock frown at that, “So mean.” He cursed under his breath and she looked over to see him attempting to put on the seatbelt with fail. Hmm. She didn’t even know those were there, but they seemed similar to the plan seats that she had once used.

The life went out of his eyes as the seatbelt circled tighter around his neck-

She blinked a few time, pushing the memory away and looked down at her own. Eventually, she got the basic idea and was rewarded with a click as they locked together. She reached over and took the poor seatbelt from Ivan’s hands and did the same with his. “Probably shouldn’t be smashing them together,” Aidene teased him.

o r p

@ethereal ~ :frowning_face: Sad children, I’m not sure also, if you wanted something to be wrong with that seatbelt on purpose so feel free to let me know and I can edit it to like not working or smthn.

Haneul Iseul Jae-Hwa || Outside OUH

Hanuel’s imression of the boy was not improved when he jumped on top of one of her stolen items, particularly a diamond ring. He, although, went quickly to help her pick them up. As he should, because under Hanuel’s mind, it was his fault. Maybe a little hers but she was deaf. She certainly couldn’t be blamed for this…a deaf girl with acute senses. He mouthed sorry at her, or maybe he spoke it, either way she got the general gist of it, apologies. She didn’t feel as if using sign language with him, she was sure he was apart of the vast majority who didn’t have a f-cking clue what sign language was, so her only response was her natural default- rolling her eyes. He picked up her notebook, which had a traditional japanese artwork of a Dokkaebi on it. She held out her hand for it, impatient because she was hungry and wanted to be alone.

@Littlefeets ~ Matt

4 Likes

ORP: Sorry I was sleeping

:maple_leaf:LAV DEV

I thought it might’ve been too bold to say something like that to a person I’ve just met. What would she think of this interaction? I never interacted before, and from the etiquette books I read I learned how to do it, but with the real thing … it’s tricky. I just realised not apologizing for her lack of hearing was not appreciated, but saying I’m sorry for a thing they can’t change might’ve been the same thing. When she passed the notebook back I was thinking it was a polite no considering how I’ve been talking to her, but instead she was suggesting a place to eat. I was so happy at heart my eyes were smiling and since my mouth was strained from smiling too much before I just formed it into a small smug smirk. Instead of taking the pen again and just writing the words of agreement I decided to be lazy and just nod as an answer. However the decision to be lazy was a bad one since I needed to write something else into the notebook and writing the word Yes wouldn’t be a hassle. Instead of confirming the positivity of her invitation before writing what I needed to, I passes it since I already expressed it in my nod. I took the pen and wrote down “I’m also starving. I haven’t had anything to eat in a while and in the letter I was prommised something to eat. Trust me I read it many times to check if it wasn’t a mistake in the name. Hopefully you know a path to it that has no flowers or trees growing there.”

@ethereal

4 Likes

:rabbit2: image - Aidene
Soon enough, the atmosphere was cheery-though still a little musky-again, and Ivan was able to relax his posture and let out a breath he didn’t know he had been holding. “What?” Aidene scoffed when he told her she had a pea-sized brain. Ivan was a rather prideful person, and though he believed Aidene was smart, he was too arrogant to even consider whether she might be more intelligent. Over his years in the agency, Ivan had become a very competitive person. He always wanted to be the smartest, quickest, best-looking, no matter where he was. It was more important for him to succeed, more important than any friendship, even with Aidene. That was Ivan, and it always had been. And she wasn’t the only person he would be manipulating and sucking information from. Once Upon a High was full of unsuspecting students with backgrounds full of secrets. So, in the end, it wasn’t personal. So why did it feel that way? Even though he was still sour about losing the “language game”, her broad smile was contagious, and Ivan found himself smiling, too. “How old are you in actuality?” Aidene asked curiously. “Eighteen,” Ivan answered. He was more Eighteen and a half, but saying that would make him sound like a kid. His brows furrowed as he thought of something. “What about you?” Aidene was part-goddess or whatever. What if she was hundreds-or thousands of years old? Ivan couldn’t decide whether that was freaky or awesome. Maybe a bit of each.

“Interesting way to take it, but alright,” Aidene said, implying that being “extra” was not a good thing, and causing Ivan to question his previous claim. “Ah, at this point everything must be a compliment to you, no?” Aidene joked. Ivan smirked. “But of course. Why would anyone insult such a handsome face?” Obviously, this was a joke, as Aidene had jokingly insulted him plenty of times during the day. “Is it copying if I did it better? How about you admit I did them both better and you came second.” Ivan also shook his head. “I would, but that would be lying.”

“It’s the uniform and the hair,” Aidene told him, putting an emphasis on the word ‘and’. Ivan laughed. “Well, you know. I need to keep up appearances. Given my parents, people expect a lot from me.” It was far from the truth, but hopefully it would make Belle and the Beast being his parents seem even more true. He just hoped Aidene would never meet the real child of the two. “I only speak the truth,” Aidene said simply. “Oh?” Ivan raised an eyebrow. “Why do you call me second best so many times, then?” Ivan’s entire life depended on how well he could lie. His conversations with Aidene had way too many truths in them, more than he had given in the past two years. Aidene seemed to be rather easygoing at this time, sighing a bit at his panicking. Ivan hoped that meant she had decided to go along with it.

Obviously, the girl was confused at his blabbering, not only was he speaking a language he didn’t know, he was quite pale, and at first glance, no one would assume he knew any Arabic. Still, he kept clinging to his cover, hoping it would work. He felt Aidene kick him back under the table before totally blowing his cover. “Excuse my idiot friend here…” Ivan’s eyes widened, and his face turned hot from humiliation. “We were both thinking that you were cute and had a pretty nice style, so we wanted to see which one of us you’d prefer, as a slight joke. But my friend doesn’t want to disrespect you seeing as your not into the male gender, so sorry for the trouble!” Aidene’s explanation was put together and calm, and the girl seemed absolutely fine, relieved even. As she walked back to her spot across the tavern, Ivan sent Aidene a sour look, embarrassed he didn’t just try to explain. “I could’ve done that.” He muttered like a pouting child.

“Nice? Unknown word, can I request a definition, please?” Aidene shot back. To this, Ivan gave a sarcastic laugh, even though he genuinely found it funny. “Yes, very dangerous, like a little bunny.” Aidene laughed, shaking her head, but Ivan’s cheeks got pale. Bunny? What? She doesn’t… No. If Aidene knew about his heritage, she’d be more direct about it, right? This was all a coincidence. While Ivan was trying to reassure himself, he felt another emotion rising, embarrassment. “Hey, rabbits can be dangerous!” He protested, starting to get defensive. “Not only are they adorable, they’re resourceful and quick. Which is much more than I can say about you.” The last part was a joke to keep the mood light. Ivan could shapeshift-but only into a small white rabbit, causing him to be insecure about his only ability. When he defended the rabbit, it was more like he was trying to convince himself he was just as charming and witty as a rabbit as when he was a Human. “You’d have to prove that, when honesty wasn’t the best policy,” Aidene told him. “Alright.” Ivan cracked his fingers confidently, and trying to think of a good example. “What if you’re throwing a surprise party for someone? You’ll have to tell them you aren’t doing anything-lie-if they ask, and you’ll have to lie about where you’re taking them when it’s ready.”

Aidene was glancing at him, it seemed they were both awkward by the touching of their shoulders. Ivan didn’t know why it made him feel so strange, he’d done much more than brush shoulders with other people before. She frowned. “So mean.” Ivan laughed. “It’ll be more fun that way. You can always hold my hand if you get scared though, kiddo.” He teased. “Actually…” Maybe this would lighten the mood. He could tell Aidene was awkward being in such a small cart. “These carts are so small, it’s like they were made for children. Like you!” He grinned at her mischievously before turning back to his seat belt.

Focused, he didn’t notice Aidene was zoning out, just that she was pretty quiet. He heard the click of her seat belt and glanced over to see she had somehow got the two buckles together. He watched as she leaned over to buckle his seat belt, and his face turned quite red, they were now even closer than before. “Th-Thanks…” He stammered, a bit off-put (in a good way or bad he didn’t know). “Probably shouldn’t be smashing them together,” She teased. “Yeah, yeah,” Ivan said with a laugh, wiggling into his seat so he could be as comfortable as possible. “Why do they make these things so hard to use anyways. it’s almost as if they want us to fall out.”

o r p

@katabasis ~ nuuuu they must be happy! And nope, you did exactly what I wanted! :smirk:

:love_you_gesture:t3: image - Lav
The boy looked very happy when he read her note. His smile stretched over his whole face, his eyes crinkled, his cheeks rosy, and all of his teeth showing. Tatiana offered a smile in return, although compared to his, hers didn’t even seem half as wide. But suddenly, his smile vanished, leaving some sort of smirk in its place. He didn’t start writing immediately, instead he just nodded to show agreement. Tatiana didn’t mind, she was starving, maybe he was as well. The sooner they got to the Castleteria, the better, so she could eat. She began to walk, but stopped when she noticed he was writing again. After a moment, he passed the pad back. "I’m also starving. I haven’t had anything to eat in a while, and in the letter, I was promised something to eat. Trust me I read it many times to check if it wasn’t a mistake in the name. Hopefully you know a path to it that has no flowers or trees growing there.” The cobblestone path that led up to the school was rather wide, in order to give students space to stand and chat with each other. However, it was surrounded by trees on both sides, and it was the only way to get to the school building, and the Castleteria. “Me too! The only way I know is taking the path we’re on right now. But if we stay in the middle, you’ll probably be fine,” Tatiana wrote, and then passed the notepad back. Hmm… So he can kill other plants, even trees… She thought as he read her message. Hopefully, if he kept his eyes on the path, and they didn’t stray from the center of it, they’d be okay.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

4 Likes

:maple_leaf:LAV DEV - Tatiana

I watched her as she read the note. She seemed a little shock stricken when I started writing again since after the agreement nod she was ready to go thinking I had nothing else to say. I wondered when she would read the part about the trees and I noticed it when her expression grew a bit sour knowing there are no paths to there as I described them. I was hope stricken when I wrote it, and now I know my tuition here is due. Not now but very soon. As she returned the letter I skipped all the other parts she wrote to see if I was wrong in reading her expression. I was not. I grew dissapointed in myself for not knowing how to controll it. Ever since I realised about this power I was hidden away from any place where vegetation might’ve been and never knew if it was always to be uncontrollable or if it appeared when I felt a certain emotion. “But if we stay in the middle, you’ll probably be fine” I read the sentence aloud to myself and sighed. I took the pen to write “I don’t really know how it works. If I could controll it or if it’s more like a curse than any other power in the world. But I’m willing to try it and risk my departure from here. I’m sure if we stay in the middle and if I don’t look at it or notice it at all, as if on either sides of the road there’s just dirt, I could avoid my curse until we come across the cafeteria. Who know, maybe risking it might teach me more about this power than years of lonesome inprisonment ever could.” I gave her back the notebook, hoping my theory would not only be appreciated but actually working. Givingtiher the propper amount to read it I motioned with my head to start walking.

@ethereal

4 Likes

:love_you_gesture:t3: image - Lav
She felt his eyes on her as she read his message. She felt a bit nervous at this, even though she did the same thing when he read. Tatiana frowned a bit, the boy looked stricken at the fact there was only one way into the school. They could go through the back door, but that would require cutting through the orchards behind the school, and Tatiana was fairly certain he wouldn’t want to do that. She didn’t blame him at all, from what she could tell, he was insecure and disheartened about his abilities, and obviously didn’t have much control over them. "I don’t really know how it works. If I could control it, or if it’s more like a curse than any other power in the world.But I’m willing to try it and risk my departure from here. I’m sure if we stay in the middle and if I don’t look at it or notice it at all, as if on either sides of the road there’s just dirt, I could avoid my curse until we come across the cafeteria. Who know, maybe risking it might teach me more about this power than years of lonesome imprisonment ever could.” His message was long and a bit hopeless sounding, Tatiana frowned. He seemed to have given up, agreeing to take the path to the school, despite the plants surrounding it. His last sentence was strange-years of lonesome imprisonment. The way this boy wrote was quite deep and proper. Tatiana felt sympathy for him, from what she could tell, he had spent most of his time at home, and not by choice. Seeing as the boy had begun to walk down the path, Tatiana pocketed the notepad and pen before catching up to him.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

2 Likes

:maple_leaf:LAV DEV

As she walked beside me, carelessly, or at least how it seemed, I was panicking. I was as uncertain in this working as ever. I kept my eyes on the cobblestone patch and since my imagination was grand and only improved by the books I loved reading, I could perfectly imagine this cobblestone path to be the same where Jane Austen characters were walking and on the both sides of the ‘road’ were houses in Bath or London. In my imagination there were no plants of any kind, just the sounds of horses’ hooves against the cobblestone carrying the carriages who’s heavy wheeles also displayed sounds. There were also footsteps of both women’s and men’s shoes against it. During this display I portrayed to my own brain, I couldn’t hear a single tree getting dusty and old, and from my memory they used to portray an almost crunchy sound. The lack of that sound alarmed me. Knowing there were most certainly trees I thought my imagination pulled me away from reality so far away the noises of those imaginary streets covered the sounds of trees dying in seconds. That’s why I looke at the tree with uncertainty and stress to see if I was wrong. And to my surpise none of the tress were harmed, but the one I started to look at as soon as I came back from my imagination’s play started to rot, slowly. I became scared and, suddenly, for comfort I grabbed her hand. When I did grab hold of her hand I noticed the tree stopped rotting, and the damage wasn’t that grand to not be repeaired. I sighed with relief and holding her hand I looked at a plant. It didn’t die. I continued walking with her hand in mine thinking hand holding was what saved the tree, but I still continued with my Austenland fantasy.

@ethereal

3 Likes