`♔ fairytaled | official roleplay thread `♔

:love_you_gesture:t3: image - Lav
He was keeping his eyes on the cobblestone ground as he walked, so Tatiana kept close to his side, making sure he didn’t bump into any other students or stumble over anything. She hoped he wasn’t feeling too upset, she didn’t consider his powers to be a big deal at all. It was hardly his fault he had them, and everyone had something they disliked about themselves. She didn’t say this to him, but she actually found his powers interesting. There were plenty of magic classes at Once Upon a High…maybe with the help of teachers and classwork he’d be able to control his magic. They were halfway down the path when the boy suddenly looked up, his eyes wide, as if he had been caught off guard. Tatiana gave him a look of concern and sympathy. Was everything okay? One of her hands fumbled in her pocket for her notepad, but before she could get it out, she felt him clutch her hand tightly-for comfort. She looked at him-she didn’t mind, but she was caught off guard. She looked over at the half-rotted tree nearby, and then back at him. Giving his hand a comforting squeeze, Tatiana gave him an empathetic half-smile. She’d never held anyone’s hand before, except her mother’s as a child. Her entire arm felt tingly, but she didn’t feel too weird about it. If it would help comfort him, she didn’t mind holding his hand. They both continued walking, hand-in-hand. Tatiana looked over at him and grinned. They were almost at the school. You can do it!

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

3 Likes

:maple_leaf:LAV DEV

As we approached to the doors of what I persumed was our final destination I felt my heart was lighter than ever, my wonders were all fulfilled, my wish was granted, and I could proove my father wrong withouth having to fight him or cause great destruction. And I shall never froget the girl that cause all this until the day I day. I looked upon her, basking in sunlight, the sun making her face preetier and her smile warmer, her eyes brighter, and her hair seemed such a lighter color of blonde when illuminated by sunglish the ends of her hair looked like they could blend in with the white background. Truth be told, I’ve never seen such a wonderful background before, unless it was a black and white drawing in a book, a lifeless photo, or a pretty picture that would be ruined by my power in seconds. When I looked upon her now, I swear I could see nothing but a girl befitting of a title of a heroine, for with her ldylike yet heroic approach to my problem, she saved me from it, like I was the damsel in distress, captured by my own cursed power. I couldn’t say anything to her since I knew she wouldn’t recieve it so I mouthed a short “Thank you!” to her, hopin she’d understand. I can’t wait to enter the room so I could sit down and talk to her again.

@ethereal - I have a feeling that’s the start of a mighty big crush right there

3 Likes

They were finally at the school’s doors. They were large wooden doors, almost as tall as the castle itself. The boy seemed to feeling better, growing more confident with each step. He was no longer clutching her hand with fright, instead holding it loosely, their fingers intertwined. She noticed that he was trying to mouth something-two words. It was most likely “Thank you”, at least she hoped it was. Tatiana was horrible at lip reading. Raising her eyebrows, she used her free hand to perform the sign for “Thank you”, putting it to her chin and pushing it away… Now that they were in the sunlight, she took a better look at him. He had long, dark hair that fell in loose waves. He had entrancing blue eyes and very pale skin that complimented his hair well. Why is everyone at this school so beautiful? Tatiana wondered to herself as the doors opened. Looking closer, she noticed little door-operating pixies were tugging the handles with all of their might. She wondered if she should release his hand, but decided against it. He would release her hand when he was ready, he might still need the comfort. She walked through the doors, admiring the large clean hallways of the school. She could already smell the Castleteria meals, and her stomach gurgled. Embarrassed, she nodded towards the Castleteria, signaling they should get in as soon as possible. When they sat down with their food, they’d be able to communicate a lot easier.

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - OMGGGG ITS SO CUTE :sob: But NoOOooOooO love triangles kill me!!

3 Likes

As we walk into the almost mesmerizing room filled with food smells and silent chatter of people interacting and silverware clunking against plates creating a unlikely soft and relaxing set of sounds, I loose the grip on her hand and slide it back to my body. This felt like such a comforting place and nothing like I imagined. Yes I did imagine great things, but nothing as great and as lovely and welcoming as this. If I were to picture this image while still back in the tent I would call myself a dreamer for it would be too unlikely to be true. I pointed towards a table that was newly empty and recently cleaned from the smell of alcohol surrounding it. I hoped she understood that means we sit down here. It was also a perfect seating arrangement becuase the way the sun was going in trough the windows she would look as beautiful as she did outside the doors, and looking at beauty is a newly discovered thing that most people loved doing, but I couldn’t since I ruined the first picture I found to be beautiful.

@ethereal

3 Likes

The Castleteria was full of students, who had obviously had an idea similar to Tatiana’s. After arriving at the school, they were probably very hungry, and the Castleteria was really the only place in the school to get food. She felt his hand leave hers as they entered the large room, and she let her hand drop to her side. She watched as Lav pointed to a clean table, as if to say they should claim it before someone else did. Tatiana nodded eagerly before taking out her notepad and scribbling a note. You can sit down so no one steals our table, I’ll get us some food." There was a brochure on the table that listed the available meals-Lunchtime, Desert, and Snacks. She pointed to it. Just tell me what you want and I’ll be right back! She slid the notepad across the table to him. While she waited for his reply, she fiddled with her still-tingly hand. The table he had chosen was perfect-right by the window with amazing lighting.

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - This guide has a section on what meals Lav could order :blush:

3 Likes

:fire: :sunny: Aidene || Ivan :fire: :sunny:

Aidene had to pause for a moment to think about her age. It techinically wasn’t her fault she counted time differently, living on the sun it was in eternal day and summer so often she found that the days bled into each other, and as she did have a normal sleep schedule it was hard to tell if she was done for the “day” or she just had a cat nap. She counted on her fingers quietly, if the date today was right then, Aidene almost gave up because she was getting tired of doing the math when she recalled the simple birthday card her father had given to her a few months ago. “I’m seventeen. My birthday is… I think, September 30th, so I should be eighteen soon.” It was kind of awkward having to think about her birthday or her age, but at this point Aidene couldn’t care much, all she knew is that she could drive but can’t drink in America. “I’m the youngest of my father’s children by like, 500 years at least.” . “But of course. Why would anyone insult such a handsome face?” “Still up for debate,” Aidene responded in a joking manner, because quite frankly he did have a good-looking face. Probably one of the most good-looking people she had met, but then again she didn’t really focus on that. So why was she now? Because it was Ivan and he’s attractive. “Aww, you hurt me.” Aidene responded although it was ruined by her laugh.

“Yeah, I’m sure being the child of royalty must be very hard for you,” Aidene responded, although she wasn’t being sarcastic, she did think that it was quite difficult to be a royal in it’s own way. “Do you get a lot of attention for it?” Aidene smirked slightly, “I only say the truth, I can’t make you believe it Ivan.” Aidene’s existence was based on a bunch of lies. Lies were also how she upheld her status as a war entity, you had to start trouble, it was expected and revered and if you didn’t then you must be weak as f-ck because how could you be the child of a war god and not start some trouble? Not to mention, perhaps it was her way of getting some revenge on the mortal world."

“But you didn’t, sweetheart, it’s just easier and less embarrasing to be honest.” Aidene responded as she flicked his forehead lightly. “You looked insane.” The girl was gone by now, having walked to her table completely fine and relieved and Aidene gestured to her. “See, she’s fine, probably gets it all the time.” She shrugged slightly before adding, “Do I get a point for saving you though?”

Ivan paled at her mention of a bunny and she frowned slightly, what was so offensive or terrifying about that…it was g-ddamned bunny. Than he began to protest becoming more defensive against the poor bunny, a small smiled tugged on her lips as he spoke. “Well, you’re awfully defensive about the little bunny, aren’t you?” She laughed slightly, “Someone would think I insulted your cousin or something.” She rested the side of her face on her hand, and gave a one-shouldered shrug. “Okay, so you lie. What if they get upset and decide to ignore you for the rest of the day? What if you really made the upset? If you invited people they aren’t friends with? Threw a party that at the end of the day they hated? Social anxiety?” Aidene began ticking off more issues with the plan on her fingers. “So, yeah, that’s the stuff people put it books because it’s fiction.”

Aidene laughed slightly and grabbed Ivan’s hand, “So like this? Is it supposed to make me feel less scared or something?” She tilted her head to the side before saying in a sing-song voice, “I don’t think it’s working.” She gave a fake look of outrage, “Me? You must’ve lost it old man, I may still be in my youth but I’m not a child.” She responded back, matching Ivan’s grin. “Th-Thanks…” She shrugged, “You’re welcome.” In contrast to Ivan’s wiggling around she crossed her ankles and sat back in the seat. “Ah, you know, they may have pretty valid reasons for wanting you to fall out. You’re taking up valuable spots for paying children.” The ride began to lower the iron bar in order to keep them in the seat and began to move.

o r p

@ethereal ~ Hehe :smirk: I’m trying

3 Likes

I looked at the note she wrote me and smiled while giving a soft nod and looking at her. In her notebook I wrote “I don’t know what I could have. It all sounds enchanting, mysterious and delicious. I would order the burger and fries but I’m not sure if in it’s name ‘dwarf-sized’ had nothing to do with the actual size of the meal. If that be the case I’ll have to order fried salmon and chips.” I finished the writing in the notebook like you’d finish of a letter with the words that read “Thank you in Advance, Lion.” I gave it back to her and sat down as she read it and went of to the counter to get what I wanted.

ORP: @ethereal my character doesn’t have a job, and his folks don’t know he’s here. Does this university offer some kind of job people can take alongside school so they can finance it? Like helping out in the library and things, he’d love that job.

4 Likes

:rabbit2: image - Aidene

Aidene seemed to be thinking about this-Ivan wondered what was taking her so long to just say her age. Perhaps her age in fire-sun-goddess years was counted differently. As a rabbit, Ivan would be considered only about eight months old. Aidene began to count on her fingers, probably trying to convert her goddess age to mortal age. Ivan supposed Aidene was immortal, so her age wasn’t something she considered too often. “I’m seventeen.” Aidene said, finishing her math. “My birthday is, I think, September 30th, so I should be eighteen soon.” Ivan nodded, “Wow, your birthday is really soon,” he commented. “Mine is March Thirteenth.” Or at least, he thought so. It had been so long simce he’d had a birthday party. His agency didn’t really celebrate birthdays. They were pretty close in age, then, although Ivan was bit older than eighteen. He wondered if they celebrated birthdays where she was from. Maybe not, if she couldn’t remember her birthday. “Still up for debate,” Aidene joked, after Ivan claimed he was handsome. Ivan chuckled, “C’mon, just admit it. I’m the most handsome boy you’ve ever met.” Ivan didn’t really have a specific type, for him it really came down to personality-not that he was interested in a relationship. Or would be. Ever. However, he had to admit, Aidene was stunning, more beautiful than any girl from the agency, from Wonderland, from the school… Aidene was pretty. “Aww, you hurt me.” Aidene tried to act sad, but burst into laughter instead. “Good,” Ivan replied, also joking.

“Yeah, I’m sure being the child of royalty must be very hard for you.” Surprisingly, there wasn’t a hint of sarcasm in her voice. Did she…actually have sympathy for those tyrants? Ivan’s heart knotted up with bitter jealousy. How many times had tears streamed down his cheeks, as he wished for a way out of his situation…any way? While the rich kicked back in their palaces, throwing grand balls and events that Ivan was forced to attend? How many times had they spat in his face, had him tortured, or used him for his body? No, he didn’t feel any sympathy for royalty. Aidene was the daughter of a god, that was similar to royalty. Maybe that’s why she pitied them. Or perhaps, a more reasonable answer, she was a good person, not dark and twisted inside like Ivan. Ivan’s expressions did not change as these thoughts tangled in his mind. He was playing a role-he could not make any mistakes, or do anything to make Aidene suspicious. “Yeah, I guess you could say that,” Ivan said casually. “Do you get a lot of attention for it?” “I guess, from other people. Belle is one of the most well known tales,” Ivan said, trying to stay as humble as he could with his story. “My parents are the ones who really don’t give me any attention.” He chuckled darkly. Ah, the spoiled brat with neglectful parents. Ivan had met plenty of them. They had everything except a good relationship with their parents. Whatever. I have neither.

“I only say the truth, I can’t make you believe it, Ivan.” Aidene smirked. Ivan chuckled. “Suree… you and your so-called honesty.” He was being sarcastic but he still kept an easygoing smile on his face.

“But you didn’t, sweetheart, it’s just easier and less embarrassing to be honest.” “Sweetheart?” Ivan repeated as Aidene flicked him in the forehead. So they were onto those nicknames, now. “You looked insane,” Aidene said. “Only because you made me look that way, darling,” Ivan replied, still a little sour about the whole encounter. See, she’s fine, probably gets it all the time.” Ivan glanced at the girl, and nodded, feeling an ounce of sympathy for her. “Do I get a point for saving you though?” Aidene asked. “Yeah, sure,” Ivan said reluctantly. He didn’t want to admit it, but she did deserve the point. “She probably would’ve chosen you anyways.” Now they were tied…

Aidene frowned. "Well, you’re awfully defensive about the little bunny, aren’t you?” A small smile tugged on her lips. Ivan didn’t like it. Now he probably looked soft. He was supposed to be an intimidating assassin, not a bunny-loving child. “Hey, it’s not like that. My Mom likes them,” Ivan said, trying to blame his soft spot on his “mother”. “Someone would think I insulted your cousin or something.” Ivan laughed, “Nah. Even if my cousins were rabbits, comparing them to me would be an honor, not an insult,” Ivan scratched the back of his neck. He had plenty of cousins, but they weren’t really close. Ivan was surprised when Aidene started listing off things that could go wrong with his lie. “Okay, so you lie. What if they get upset and decide to ignore you for the rest of the day? What if you really made the upset? If you invited people they aren’t friends with? Threw a party that at the end of the day they hated? Social anxiety?” Ivan thought for a moment. “Well, you’d think you’d know your friend well enough to plan a good party for them. And it’s thr thought that counts.” He wondered if he should try again.

Aidene laughed, and suddenly took his hand. Still trying to sort through his emotions, Ivan was taken by surprise. “So like this? Is it supposed to make me feel less scared or something?” Ivan’s cheeks felt hot as he let her hold his hand. “I don’t think it’s working.” Ivan rolled his eyes, taking his hand away. He felt…reluctant to do that for some reason. “It will, just wait until the ride starts,” He told her. “You probably won’t even notice you’re holding it until I have to pry you off.” Aidene shot him a fake look of outrage. “Me? You must’ve lost it old man, I may still be in my youth but I’m not a child.” She shot back. “Sureeeee…” Ivan said, watching her get comfortable in her spot. “Then why do you fit so well in this cart?” * “Ah, you know, they may have pretty valid reasons for wanting you to fall out. You’re taking up valuable spots for paying children.”* Aidene said, as an iron bar began to lower, trapping them both in the ride. Ivan held out his hand. “It’ll be here when you need it. Which I know you will.” He said with a satisfied smirk.

o r p

@katabasis ~ You’re succeeding! :smiley: And sorry Ivan got so dark, he isn’t mad at Aidene, he just has lots of bad experiences with royals X(

He gave her a soft nod as he read the note, agreeing with her idea. “I don’t know what I could have. It all sounds enchanting, mysterious and delicious. I would order the burger and fries but I’m not sure if in it’s name ‘dwarf-sized’ had nothing to do with the actual size of the meal. If that be the case I’ll have to order fried salmon and chips.” Was his reply. Tatiana scanned the message and nodded, seeing what he wanted to order. The line was pretty long, and Tatiana didn’t want to waste valuable time writing another message, so she pinched her fingers together, showing that the slider burgers were miniature burgers. Guess he’s getting the fish and chips… Giving him a smile and a wave, Tatiana headed over to wait in line.

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Tatiana plans to pay for the meal! There are plenty of job opportunities that will pop up during the RP, but he could totally help out in the library or a town bookstore to earn some pocket money! Tuition is free, but breakfast, dinner, and snack meals always cost money. Lunch only costs money on the weekends, on school days , it’s free! ^-^

4 Likes

I smiled as she stood in line and faced me showing me the universal sign for tiny. I nodded to let her know that she should order the fish and chips instead. I hope she knows what this means. As I was waiting for her, my mind and creativity at blank I looked around to see if anybody was reading anything. Apart from a small, nerdy fraction of students reading their school books I didn’t see a single novel. I’m not even sure if novels were allowed here. But noticing there’s nothing else to do until Tatiana returns I start looking around the students to try and guess their stories. There was a woman there with brown hair that was plain looking and I since nobody else looked that plain I made up her story to be somewhat simillar to Jane Eyre and that she’s living with her friends ever since she left the ugly, old and mean-spirited man who cheated on her, but she secretly still loves him and is waiting for a sign that will tell her to go back to him and start a family. Then I noticed a very handsome man with curly hair that looked like he was very passionate about things. I imagine he likes art and cooking. Music and film and paintings. Maybe he’s here with his parents approval but he rather takes those art classes than anything to his parents disprooval and he hopes he can soon find a job as passionate as his hobbies and say his final goodbyes to his parents if they do not accept his free soul. I notice Tatiana is now back with the food we ordered and it looks delicious. I noticed prices on the menus and I ask her “How much was it?” Reaching for my bag pocket while waiting for an answer.

@ethereal

4 Likes

He nodded, affirming that he’d rather have salmon and chips than the mini burgers. Tatiana sent him a wink before facing forwards. She wanted to make sure she was paying close attention, as she couldn’t hear when the cashier called for the next person in line. As she waited, she picked at her stubby nails, bored. She was the fourth person in line, and the current person ordering-a brunette girl-was taking quite a while. She glanced over at the boy for a moment, he was staring at the brunette girl intensely, in deep thought. Tatiana tilted her head. Does he know her?

When it was finally her turn, Tatiana handed the cashier a sticky note reading their orders : Salmon and Chips, Slider Burgers with Fries, Two Waters. After paying for the meals, Tatiana headed over to the pick-up line. Two trays were there-holding the meals. Tucking her notepad away, Tatiana took a tray in each hand and wobbled back to her friend. He was staring at the trays eagerly. Setting the salmon down in front of him, Tatiana sat down with her own tray. His lips were moving, but she had no idea what he was saying. He was reaching into his pocket-was he trying to pay?

She held out her hand, as if to stop him. She quickly scribbled down-Don’t worry. It’s on me. :slight_smile: I got the burgers, so you’re welcome to try one! She slid the notebook across the table, then reached for the bottle of ketchup on the table.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

3 Likes

I was at a loss of words, and kept openniing and closing my mouth as if I want to say something but am shocked against it. Then I remembered she could not hear me even if I were to say anything. I took the notepad and wrote back “You really don’t have to. From what I know, when somebody pays for a meal it’s called a date.” Here I decided to be bold at the risk of loosing her nterest in me. I did take as huge of a risk today as I will now, but that gave me hope and happiness, so taking another risk was in my best interest so I kept writing “As much as I’d like to take you on a date, if you always seem as nice and agreeable as until now you have, but I do think this would be too fast.” I gave her the notebook back, immediately ashamed how fast I made things go and how I could possibly, and likely ruin any chances of my relationship with her, be it friendship or more.

@ethereal

3 Likes

His mouth was opening and closing like a goldfish. Tatiana was fairly sure he wasn’t making any noise, just at a loss for words. After a moment of this, he began to write again. Tatiana squeezed a blob of ketchup onto a napkin while she waited, wondering if it would be rude to start eating before him. Her meal was still warm, and it smelled amazing. The salty fries, the savory burger, the sour ketchup… Putting another napkin in her lap, Tatiana decided waiting for him to write back would be more polite. Finally, he handed her the notebook, looking embarrassed about something. Does he not have any money? This wasn’t a problem for Tatiana, she had planned to pay when she mentioned the Castleteria. She began to read.

You really don’t have to. From what I know, when somebody pays for a meal it’s called a date.

Her eyes widened and her cheeks grew hot. She hadn’t meant it like that… She had just wanted to offer him a meal as a friend.

As much as I’d like to take you on a date, if you always seem as nice and agreeable as until now you have, but I do think this would be too fast.

Tatiana couldn’t look at him. She was both pleased and embarrassed with her current situation. Was he asking her out? She’d never been asked out before, a guy had never even taken interest in her. What made her so special to him-She didn’t even know his name yet! And then there was Matt…She couldn’t explain her feelings for him, but there was definitely something special about him. Would saying yes to his offer ruin her chances with Matt?

She tapped the pen to her chin before starting to write.

Don’t worry, I wanted to pay. Think of it as a welcome-to-the-school gift. I’d really like to get to know you better. I now realize I don’t even know your name…

She passed it back to him, hoping he wouldn’t be saddened. He seemed like a nice person, and she did want to get to know him better. But she didn’t want to move too fast either. The idea of dating still seemed novel to her. She wanted to take it slowly, try her best to learn how to do it correctly.

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Awww poor Lav :(((

4 Likes

As I was watching her reaction I didn’t know if she was please or embarrased. I guessed it was a mixture of the two. I grew more and more impatient as she wrote me back and when she passed the notebook to my side I wanted to erase my words for good. But as I read I noticed she passed it off as a dinner-date, or an event where you meet friends. I was delighted she reacted this way, for if she reacted any other way it would sadden me. I wrote her back “That’s exactly what I had in mind.” I wrote back, lying, trying not to make her feel uncomfortable. To be honest, a small gathering of just the two of us to get to know each other is a splendid idea. “My name is Lav Jarilivich Dev. I know it’s a strange name, but every single part of tat name is a mockery of me. Now I’d like to see what your name is since I don’t remeber you sharing it either.” I gave her the notebook back and decided to start eating some fries as she reads it. I haven’t had a bit to eat in a long time and how that food looked and smelled is as if they were begging me to start eating them.

@ethereal

4 Likes

He was watching her, trying to decipher her reaction. Normally, she wouldn’t mind, but she was so embarrassed in the moment, this only made her more stressed. When she passed the notebook back, she cringed, her shoulders tense and her eyes almost closed. He looked mortified a moment, but soon smiled again-putting Tatiana at ease. So he wasn’t mad… Tatiana didn’t mean to reject him entirely, but her Mom always told her to get to know people before getting too close to them. This was one of the only things her and her mother agreed on. He passed the pad back and picked up a fry from her tray. Now that he had begun to eat, Tatiana also took a fry, dipping it in ketchup and shoving the whole thing in her mouth. That’s exactly what I had in mind. Tatiana smiled at this, glad she didn’t discourage him. To be honest, a small gathering of just the two of us to get to know each other is a splendid idea. My name is Lav Jarilivich Dev. I know it’s a strange name, but every single part of that name is a mockery of me. Now I’d like to see what your name is since I don’t remember you sharing it either. So his name was Lav. He seemed not to like his name much, Tatiana wondered if she should give him a nickname. It was hard to make a nickname out of “Lav”, though. She tore off his sticky note, and began to write her reply on a fresh one. :smiley: I think your name is very nice. Do you have any nicknames? My name is Tatiana Bell. You can call me Tati if you want. She passed the pad back and took another fry.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

2 Likes

I smiled as I read this. I was eating a fry as I read it and wanted to grab the pen to write her back. I realised how greasy fries really are so I had to take a napking to wipe my hands off. Hopefully, the grease I couldn’t remove won’t stain her notebook.

He read the note as it follows:
I think your name is very nice. Do you have any nicknames?
To which he replied
“I never had any nicknames. If you don’t know how to read my name, it sounds like the world love. You can only imagine my surprise when I first visited Brittain and people called me love. I thought everybody knew my name, I was so frightened. But if you don’t want to call me Lav you can call me Lion since that’s the literall translation of my name. However that’s why I hate my name. My father gave it to me hoping i’d be as brave or strong as a lion, like any father wishes for his sons. But instead he got me, and my name constantly reminds me of my father’s dissapointment in me.”

I read onawards:
My name is Tatiana Bell. You can call me Tati if you want.
and replied with “I think the name suits you. I have no opinions for the name, I’m sure it suits every beautiful girl like yourself perfectly, but for some reason the last name Bell depicts you perfectly. I don’t think the nickname Tati would give you any jutice however. Let it stay as Tatiana for now on.”

Writing with more confidence than the last note I could reply with much fitting words and with a bigger smile. I gave her the notebook back as I started eating my fish and dipping it in mayonaise.

@ethereal

3 Likes

“Yeah, but it’d be like a normal day, we don’t count time well…but by the time my father’s calendar gives him a reminder I’ll probably find something new in my closet.” She gave a shrug, and nodded when he responded with his own birthdate. “Are birthdays a big thing for you and your family?” She asked curiously, being royalty he must’ve had the means to have rather extravagant parties if they could. “Admit? You me more like lie? I swear, I only speak the truth.” And it was the truth, Ivan was probably one of the handsomest guys she had ever met. Aidene personally didn’t have a type- simply because she didn’t look for one, but if she didn’t, truthfully Ivan would fit it wouldn’t matter. In short, Ivan was pretty attractive, Ivan was fine.

“It’s not as hard, I’m not saying that, but a responsible royal would look after people and make difficult choices…” Aidene trailed off slightly. “A bunch of people just abuse their power, honestly there’s not that many royals who’s actions are good and justifiable, most if not all, are corrupt tyrants.” She traced the swirls on the table thinking, her mother’s death had a bunch of complications within it. And of course, that was tied to people above and in power. She didn’t like the royals, because she had dealed with them and she’s seen what they’ve done. Her eyes flicked up to Ivan’s as she realized she was indeed talking to a child of a royal couples. “Sorry,” she apologized. “I’m not trying to make you feel bad.” She paused and nodded, except the first thing she thought was typical royalty dynamic. “Ah, cliches. You must have parent figures though? I only got my dad, he’s not around a lot, he’s super busy but at least he cares about me… I know what it feels like to not have parents for a bit so it’s really awful-” she stopped short, she was talking too much. Why was it so easy with him. She closed her mouth before muttering, “Actually, never mind.” You can’t just tell someone you entire life’s history- you don’t ever do that, idiot.

“My quote, unquote, ‘so-called honesty’ is the best honesty you’ll ever recieve, so, treat it well.”

“Don’t take it too seriously,” Aidene responded. “I don’t think I could make you do anything Ivan,” Aidene laughed. “Don’t blame me.” She smiled as she got the point, not all hope was lost she could still win this. Was it bad she had forgotten what they were playing for? She was having fun, it was something she hadn’t done in a long time. She’s had a lot of it today. Because of Ivan. She’ll miss it. “Awesomes! You can pick the last point because now it’s game point, and I’m pretty sure I’ll win.” It waas getting excited, now this, this was when Aidene began to have fun, because cheat or not she always won. Nothing would stop that. Not even her friendship with Ivan. She tweaked Ivan’s nose, becoming more excited, “Think about what you owe me as you lose, alright?”

“Ahh, hmm, well it’s not a bad thing. I think bunnies are cute. I personally prefer hummingbirds as did my mother but I suppose the Easter Bunny can be second place.” Aidene loved hummingbirds, they were her father’s sacred animal and it was her favourite as well as her mother’s. Aidene laughed, before raising her hands up in surrender. “Alright, Alright, don’t attack the bunnies.” She gave a one-shouldered shrug at his response, Ahh, if only that was true. “You truly don’t know anyone very well, not really, but alright. I suppose ‘Honesty the best policy’ is a paradox.” But he didn’t have to tell her that. Aidene already knew.

She laughed as Ivan retracted her hand, that she was actually for some reason, kind of dissapointed that he did that. “Ahh, patience, boring.” She shook her head, “You’ll probably end up holding my hand. I’m not going to be the scared one, bunny.” She almost didn’t notice herself using the nickname, but it happened and she lit up. “You know what that’s your new nickname, enjoy it. Learn to love it.” She shrugged, “I’ve got an reasonable body size for my age and height. You’re the one built like a football player.” She yawned before laying her head on his shoulder. “Also, since you take up most of this seat you have to deal with this.” She replied rather stubbornly as this would help to build her point. Nah she was just tired and Ivan was perfect for a headrest She looked at his outstretched hand and held out her own. “Equal sentiment.”

o r p

@ethereal ~ Awesome! I’m trying to make it fit with her character and everything xP I knowww, poor bunny

3 Likes

He was smiling again-a genuine smile. Tatiana liked seeing him happy. She watched him wipe his greasy hands before taking the pen, which was considerate. She had already gotten some ketchup on the corner of the notepad, so she didn’t mind if it had a bit of grease, too. Besides, Matt still had her usual notebook, this one was an extra. He seemed to be writing a lot, so she took a bite out of one of the three miniature burgers. Mmm… they were just as good as she had remembered-juicy with just the right amount of seasoning. A few more bites, and the burger had vanished, now making it’s way into her stomach. Tatiana eyed one of Lav’s chips. Since she was sharing fries with him, she figured he wouldn’t mind if she took one of his chips. She gave him a friendly glance as she grabbed a handful and started crunching. They were great, she was sure they’d go well with his salmon.

He wore a confident smile as he passed her pad back, then began to cut his fish, even dipping it in mayonnaise. Hmm… Tatiana had never seen anyone do that before.

He had written quite a lot.
“I never had any nicknames. If you don’t know how to read my name, it sounds like the world love. You can only imagine my surprise when I first visited Britain and people called me love. I thought everybody knew my name, I was so frightened. But if you don’t want to call me Lav you can call me Lion since that’s the literal translation of my name. However that’s why I hate my name. My father gave it to me hoping i’d be as brave or strong as a lion, like any father wishes for his sons. But instead he got me, and my name constantly reminds me of my father’s disappointment in me.”

Tatiana giggled at the idea of a younger Lav, quite frightened that everyone seemed to know him in a new country. But her grin quickly morphed into a frown as she continued to read about his father. She liked his name and meaning, but she could see that it only made him feel bad about himself instead of bringing him strength.

I’ll just call you Lav, then. I’m sorry about your father. It must be horrible to live like that.

Tatiana wrote.

I think you’re perfect just the way you are. Everyone has different strengths.

I think the name suits you. I have no opinions for the name, I’m sure it suits every beautiful girl like yourself perfectly, but for some reason the last name Bell depicts you perfectly. I don’t think the nickname Tati would give you any justice, however. Let it stay as Tatiana for now on.

Tatiana felt her cheeks turn pink with pride once again.

Thank you! Of course you can keep it as Tatiana. Have you heard of my Mom, Tinker Bell?

She would have asked who his Dad was, but decided to steer clear of that topic.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

“Yeah, but it’d be like a normal day, we don’t count time well…but by the time my father’s calendar gives him a reminder I’ll probably find something new in my closet.” Very interesting… Did time not pass on the sun? At least she got a present, but Ivan supposed it didn’t matter much if the giver hadn’t put any thought into it. He wondered if he could throw Aidene somewhat of a birthday celebration for her eighteenth birthday. Maybe take her to a nice place to eat, buy a nice gift, go play some games or watch a movie…Holy sh-t this sounds like a date. “Do you like getting new clothes?” Ivan asked awkwardly. If she did, maybe he’d get her that sort of thing for her birthday. Or would that make him seem like her Dad? “Are birthdays a big thing for you and your family?” Another question about his fake identity. Keep it realistic. And humble. “I guess you could say that,” Ivan said. “There’s a week long celebration in the kingdom, with a ball in the castle at the end.” Remembering he had to make sure his story matched his personality, he added, “That’s not really my thing though. It’s too fancy.”

Aidene swore she only spoke the truth, and Ivan just rolled his eyes smiling. “Yup, just keep the lies coming, Aidene,” He said, knowing his head was currently full of lies.

“It’s not as hard, I’m not saying that, but a responsible royal would look after people and make difficult choices…” Aidene trailed off, giving Ivan time to think. He kept his expression the same-as if he were a brick wall, but his head was starting to hurt. "A bunch of people just abuse their power, honestly there’s not that many royals who’s actions are good and justifiable, most if not all, are corrupt tyrants.” Aidene traced the swirls on the wooden counter. Ivan looked at her, at least she had that part right. He hated to admit it, but there was probably one or two good royals out there, he just hadn’t met them. He nodded, hoping if he didn’t comment on it, the topic would change. She met his eyes and he snapped out of his trance, realizing he had been staring for a considerable amount of time.

“Sorry,” Aidene apologized. “I’m not trying to make you feel bad.” Ivan shrugged. “I mean, you aren’t wrong or anything,” He said with a dark laugh. “I don’t really take things like that personally.” He didn’t want her to feel bad, he wasn’t even upset about what she had said, then. Probably because Beauty and the Beast weren’t even his real parents.

“Ah, cliches.” She nodded, and Ivan did as well. “I guess so,” He chuckled. “The rich kid who has everything but his parents. Nice to meet you,” He joked, immersing himself in his new role. You must have parent figures though? I only got my dad, he’s not around a lot, he’s super busy but at least he cares about me… I know what it feels like to not have parents for a bit so it’s really awful-” She suddenly came to a stop, pressing her lips together. She must have said more than she had wanted to. “Go on,” Ivan wanted to say, but for some reason, he didn’t feel like prying, especially after she said, “Actually, never mind.” “I mean I did have my parents, I just didn’t see them often. I was really raised by the servants of the castle.” He didn’t want her to ask for any details on what the famous furniture-turned-human servants were like, so he added, “But I wasn’t even that close with them, either.”

"My quote, unquote, ‘so-called honesty’ is the best honesty you’ll ever receive, so, treat it well.” Aidene told him. “Hah,” Ivan laughed. “Touche…”

“Don’t take it too seriously, I don’t think I could make you do anything, Ivan." Aidene said with a laugh. Ivan signed. “That’s true. I’m a very independent man,” He said in a jokingly wistful voice. It was true, Ivan didn’t really need anyone in his life except Aidene. He just needed to keep himself alive. So why did he feel like his shell was cracking? “Awesome! You can pick the last point because now it’s game point, and I’m pretty sure I’ll win." Ivan had been having such a fun time with Aidene, he had almost forgotten there was a prize. The winner could tell the loser to do anything they wanted. It was a pretty broad prize. “Are you sure?” Ivan asked, wondering if it was unfair that he would be picking more victims than her. Since when do you care about fairness? “I mean, I’m going to win either way,” He explained, shrugging. “So I thought I’d let you pick how you lost.” His nose wrinkled as Aidene pinched it, and he couldn’t decide how he felt about it. “Think about what you owe me as you lose, alright?” Aidene told him. “You mean what you’ll owe me when you lose,” Ivan corrected her.

The only other person their age was a tall, muscular boy, with a shaved head and deep brown eyes. “I guess him then,” Ivan said, feeling a bit nervous since that kid could probably snap his neck with one finger.

“Ahh, hmm, well it’s not a bad thing. I think bunnies are cute." Would she think I’m cute as a rabbit Why would she think that? Wondered Ivan. To him, there was nothing special about the animal. All they did was reproduce and then get eaten by some random wolf. Still, her words provided a rather large boost to his ego. “I personally prefer hummingbirds, as did my mother.” The word “did” sent a spike through Ivan’s heart. Did. The past tense of “do” or “does”. He wondered if his family ever used that word when thinking about him. “Hummingbirds are pretty,” like you Ivan agreed. He hadn’t seen a hummingbird in years, but he was sure there were plenty around the school, which was surrounded by trees, shrubs, and flowers. “Alright, alright, don’t attack the bunnies,” Aidene said, defeated. Ivan snorted with triumph. “You truly don’t know anyone very well, not really, but alright. I suppose ‘Honesty the best policy’ is a paradox.” He wondered what she meant by the first part. No one knew him very well, except Clay but that was years ago. “I guess everyone has secrets…” He agreed somewhat hesitantly. Ivan cackled with triumph once more. “See, now look who’s always right.” He told Aidene smugly.

His hand felt cold now, like it was missing something. Calling patience boring, Aidene shook her head. “You’ll probably end up holding my hand. I’m not going to be the scared one, bunny.” Ivan let out a mock-gasp, indignant. Before he could comment on his new nickname, Aidene realised what she had done and a smirk lit up her face. “You know what that’s your new nickname, enjoy it. Learn to love it.” She decided. Ivan didn’t mind, to be honest, he thought it was kind of cute but he didn’t want other students’ first impression of him to be “bunny”. “Oh yeah?” Ivan paused, thinking. “Well, you’re just a big scaredy cat, aren’t you… Kitten?” He smirked, satisfied with his new nickname for her.

Aidene shrugged. "I’ve got an reasonable body size for my age and height. You’re the one built like a football player.” She replied. Ivan couldn’t help but laugh. Years of working out, going through obstacle courses, and lifting weights twice as heavy as he was had made him pretty muscular, although he thought of himself more as skinny from malnutrition. “Aww, have you been checking me out, Kitten?” He cooed to her. But any kind of confidence he had built up vanished when she rested her head on his shoulder. He opened his mouth to protest but no words came out. His entire body felt like it was filled with butterflies. He’d never felt that way. He hadn’t really cuddled before, unless one counted reading bedtime stories with his younger brother. But this felt way different. None of his flings had wanted to cuddle either…they preferred other types of physical affection . Ivan kind of just went along with it. Aidene held out one hand as well. “Equal sentiment.” Ivan smirked at her hand before stretching one of his arms behind her, resting it on the back of the cart. This felt… Nice. Ivan smiled, a different type of smile than his usual smirk. This one was innocent and genuine.

o r p

@katabasis ~ I LIVE FOR THIS POST OAJUAJAJAJAJ AND YES HES BUNNY NOW I’m so sorry if the end is crap I’m watching a movie and can’t get caught typing :joy:

2 Likes

Aidene was slightly confused for a moment before it dawned on her, “Oh I think clothes are fine, that’s not what he gives me though.” She motions to her leather jacket, “I’m pretty much fine with anything as long as it’s not the school uniform, because frankly, I’m not going to wear that monstrosity.” Aidene’s eyebrows shot up in surprise, well, definitely there was extravagance. “I would think so, I don’t mind fancy things though, so invite me and we can judge the aristocrats.” She ended her comment with a slight wink, while Aidene wasn’t the person who looked like she’d be a fan of balls or anything close ot that, she certainly wouldn’t mind, like free mortal desserts and a beautiful setting, she definitely wouldn’t hate it…she’d probably enjoy it. And enjoy it more if it was with Ivan.

“I don’t really take things like that personally.”, Aidene nodded, “Awesome, so I can trash talk all you annoying aristocrats all I want then, right?” She was joking, slightly, maybe a little truth was in it. “The rich kid who has everything but his parents. Nice to meet you,” Aidene quirked an eyebrow, very amused by this, “Ahh,” she paused for a moment before carefully holding out her hand. “Pleasure, rich kid who has everything but his parents, goshdang that’s a long name.” She laughed slightly before retracting her hand. Ah, interesting, this was the time when Aidene often listened and pryed quietly. “Oh. Were they busy of some sort?” Is he not close with anyone? “Similar, my dad’s nice and all for a god with a bunch of jobs and a bunch of children but we’re not as close as my mother and I were-,” Aidene realized she put her mother in the past tense… “Are,” she added. “I can’t speak English.” She finished jokingly.

“That’s true. I’m a very independent man,” Aidene laughed slightly, “Man is a bit of overstatement,” she teased him slightly. “But independent, 100%.” Aidene didn’t need anyone else, she was perfectly fine on her own, taking care of herself. But she wouldn’t mind Ivan in her life. The prize came back to her, tell the other to do anything. Well, she already lost once, she could not lose again. “Yeah, of course.” She snorted and shook her head in disbelief, no way was Ivan going to win. “Lies, pure lies,” Aidene cawed. “No please, pick first.” His nose wrinkled when Aidene pinched it and she laughed at the reaction. “Nope, I refuse to believe I’ll lose. Call it foresight if you must.” The bantering was rather enjoyable, although there was deep truth in her words. She would do anything to win at this point, even if this meant manipulating the person’s emotions. She would go that far, and feel incredibly bad for it cheating Ivan and not feel a single thing. Ivan chose a tall, muscular boy with no hair and dark eyes. “Heavens, he looks like he’ll snap either of us in half if we p-ss him off.” Aidene responded although she caught the boy’s attention and waved him over to their table. She gave a wink to Ivan, “Better hope he’s not straight.”

“Gorgeous, tiny little things,” Aidene agreed recalling how home had multitudes of hummingbirds all over, flapping their tiny wings as fast as possible as they buzzed around sipping nectar from the flowers. “Hopefully there’s some here, so school won’t be completely dreary.” She shrugged slightly, “Most people. Some are too honest for their own good.” She thought about her sister, Cama… she was too honest for her own good. And now she’s left with eight horrible sisters because of it. She held up hand, “Okay are you getting cocky because you got one thing right,” she laughed. “C’mon, sweetheart, we both know I’m the smart one here.”

“Me? Scared? Oh, h-ll no.” Aidene laughed, “But Kittens are so cute, so whatever.” He seemed pretty happy with his nickname for her. "Aww, have you been checking me out, Kitten?” She took a moment and gave him a pointed look, “Not much to look at Bunny.” Actually there is quite a lot but she didn’t want to say that. He was a good-looking person, but she didn’t want to up his pride. And admit it. “Awww, Bunny, you don’t have more to say?” Aidene teased him surprised by his lack of protest, although she didn’t think much of it. She couldn’t- after all that would be false hope beliefs. She had never really been in this position before with anyone, but it seemed natural, not too forced or awkward. She was comfortable with Ivan, perhaps too comfortable. Ivan stretched an arm behind her, and rested it on the back of the cart. That’s when the ride began to move.

o r p

@ethereal ~ Thank you =^^= YASSS he isss!! NOOO IT’S PERFECT. I decided to let you do the ride like was it fast/slow and if it was actually fun and stuff like that XD ahhh, I’m fangirling so hard you don’t even know XDD

2 Likes

She looked confused, and Ivan opened his mouth to explain. However, quickly understanding, she spoke before he could. “Oh I think clothes are fine, that’s not what he gives me though." Aidene said. Ivan tilted his head and his eyes narrowed. He was confused. What else would her father put in her closet besides clothing? “Oh…” He said, wondering if he should even ask, or if it was a rough spot for her. Why did he even care if he hurt her feelings, though? He was there to get information, not give it up when he was so close to it. “I’m pretty much fine with anything as long as it’s not the school uniform, because frankly, I’m not going to wear that monstrosity .” Aidene declared, interrupting his thoughts again. He chuckled, “What a shame. It would’ve looked cute on you.” He spoke as if he was a joke, but he would’ve liked to see the preppy, prissy uniform dress on Aidene. Although her current attire definitely suited her better. “I would think so, I don’t mind fancy things though, so invite me and we can judge the aristocrats.” Ivan laughed, and for a moment, he forgot he wasn’t Ivan Beast. He would never be invited to a fancy gala unless it was for a mission, and he certainly wouldn’t be able to invite Aidene. Still, he could imagine all of the things Aidene would say if she saw the people at the galas he had to attend. Smiling fondly, he replied, “Sure thing. The people all have sticks up their a-ses, but the food’s decent,” Ivan joked, recalling the one part about Galas he enjoyed. “I’ll let you know next March.” By March, he would be long gone, back at the agency with only his fond memories of going to a real school and Aidene. So he didn’t really care that his promises were empty if it would make her happy. Which was what he wanted.

“Awesome, so I can trash talk all you annoying aristocrats all I want then, right?” Was Aidene’s half-joking reply. “By all means. I do it all the time,” Ivan half-joked back. For him, jokes could be escape-making fun of the people he hated felt a lot better than getting all emotional about it. She raised a thin brow at this, clearly amused. “Pleasure, rich kid who has everything but his parents, goshdang that’s a long name.” Aidene held out her hand, presumably for a shake, but Ivan turned up the dramatics instead, taking her hand and planting a large kiss on the top. Mwah! “The pleasure is all mine, my dear.” Not able to stay serious, he burst into laughter as Aidene took away her hand. She was trying to hide it, but she obviously wanted more information. Ivan figured it wouldn’t hurt, everything was made up anyways. ”Oh. Were they busy of some sort?” “Yeah, you could say that,” Ivan said, taking her words as his own. Flashing her a cheeky grin, he added, “That’s why I’m so smart, I spent most of my time in the library.” It would make sense that Beauty and The Beast would have a huge library in their castle.

”Similar, my dad’s nice and all for a god with a bunch of jobs and a bunch of children but we’re not as close as my mother and I were-“ Aidene suddenly stopped, as if she had realized something. “Are…” she added quickly. ”I can’t speak English.” Ivan raised a brow at this, from what he had seen Aidene could definitely speak English-definitely enough to know the difference between ‘were’ and ‘are’. “I haven’t heard a lot about her. What’s she like?” Ivan asked casually. He felt a rush of guilt. It was likely her Mother wasn’t around anymore, but he had asked about her anyways, which was probably a weak spot for Aidene. He would use the cover of pretending he believed her English mistake.

“Man is a bit of overstatement. But independent, 100%.” Aidene teased. Ivan clutched his hands to his chest as if severely wounded. “Ouch! My masculinity! How…how could you?” He scrunched up his face, acting overly dramatic. He appreciated the compliment, though, about being independent. She was obviously independent as well maybe they could be independent together. After declaring him a liar, Aidene insisted he pick. “Alright, if you say so,” Ivan told her, unbothered. “Just raising my chances.” *“Nope, I refuse to believe I’ll lose. Call it foresight if you must.”*Aidene insisted. Ivan laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. Looking at the boy who was approaching at a rapid pace, Ivan wondered if the odds really were in Aidene’s favor. She had already lost the first match, she would try her hardest not to lose again. Besides, this guy was huge. It would be hard to keep his cool around him. “Better hope he’s not straight,” Aidene sent him a wink. Ivan scowled. The boy came to a stop a few feet away. “What do you want.” He demanded.

“Gorgeous, tiny little things,” Aidene mused. It was nice to see her so amazed by something, especially a frail and tiny bird like a hummingbird. ” Hopefully there’s some here, so school won’t be completely dreary.” Ivan nodded in agreement. “Actually, there’s a hummingbird garden near the back of the school…” He said this as if he was offering they visit it together. Although if she agreed, he might have some competition there…

”Most people. Some are too honest for their own good.” Aidene said this somewhat wistfully, as if she were thinking of a certain person who fit this description. Ivan wondered who. “Everyone lies,” Ivan said quietly.

”Okay are you getting cocky because you got one thing right?” Aidene asked, laughing pitifully. ”C’mon, sweetheart , we both know I’m the smart one here.” Ivan scoffed, internally blushing at the ‘sweetheart’ “Yeah, if by smart, you mean smart-ss. You’re too confident for your own good,” he smirked at her. “And you say I’m cocky.” He was teasing, he was, hands down the cocky one between them. But it was fun to annoy her and be with her in general.

”Me? Scared? Oh, h-ll no.“ Aidene said, to which Ivan rolled his hazel-brown eyes somewhat knowingly. ”But Kittens are so cute, so whatever.“ She seemed completely unbothered by his nickname for her, and Ivan couldn’t decide whether he liked that or not. After a moment of thought, Aidene looked up at him. ”Not much to look at, Bunny.” Ivan smirked. “I guess you’re not looking at the right places then,” he replied smugly, letting her decide what that meant. ”Awww, Bunny, you don’t have more to say?” Aidene cooed. Really Ivan was grasping for words, trying to wrap his head around what the h-lll was going on. “I could say the same about you, kitten, usually you’re meowing your head off,” was his weak reply. For some reason, their position seemed natural, her head on his shoulder, his arm around the back of the cart. It was almost as if they were two puzzle pieces, meant for each other fitting together perfectly. He decided not to say anything else, not wanting to ruin this moment.

The roller coaster started, and Ivan’s eyes grew wide with excitement. Colors flashed around them, and all sorts of magically-produced jungle animals galloped next to them. So far, it wasn’t too fast or too slow, in order to keep the audience focused on the view. After taking in the new scenery, Ivan glanced down at Aidene to see what she thought. His hand had lowered back into his lap involuntarily, and he decided he’d offer it to her again later if the ride got scary. After a few more moments of the safari theme, the animals turned to dust, and the roller coaster plunged down, down, down, into a dark abyss. What the f-ck? From his spot in line, the roller coaster had seemed to be a simple loop. Apparently, whoever designed the coaster had used magic to camouflage secret passages and routes. He wondered if now was the time to offer Aidene his hand.

He felt a cool stream of water splash him in the face, drenching his hair. Ivan shouted in protest but it was hard to hear him over the excited screams of the passengers. They were now traveling at a much faster speed, through a cool, dark cavern. The only light available was coming from more magically-created animals-anglerfish. He had to strain his eyes to see the other animals that were gliding around them, a variety of whales, sharks, and colorful reef fish. He ran his fingers through his now-soaked hair. It was flattened and sticking to his head, the gel long gone. D-mn this roller coaster I hope Aidene won’t laugh at me like this! This was a kid’s roller coaster, so the animals were friendly-appearing. However, that didn’t stop the engineer from including plenty of jump scares. Good riddance, Ivan thought, as the roller coaster started traveling upwards again, back to the light.

The next few themes were only shown for a few moments each-dinosaurs, arctic animals, farm… Ivan had to admit, it was amazing to see what people could do with magic these days. There were plenty of twists, turns, and bumps, but nothing that made Ivan lose his cool. Occasionally, he would look down at Aidene, wondering what she thought. They were nearing the end, Ivan could see the long line a couple dozen yards ahead. So far, the ride had been entertaining, but not nearly scary enough to meet his expectations. Plus, the jokester side of him wanted to hear Aidene scream so he could get closer to her so he could make fun of her later.

Suddenly, the Roller Coaster lurched into the air, corkscrewing in a few circles before making a few O’s in the sky. Ivan couldn’t help it, he let out an alarmed holler, squeezing Aidene’s hand until it turned milk-white. Good thing I have this seatbelt… The roller coaster was out of control, zig-zagging at the speed of light. Ivan felt like he might be sick, but he also enjoyed the rush of adrenaline pumping through his veins. As they soared through the air, birds and flying creatures flew next to them, including a family of ruby-red hummingbirds. Ivan squeezed Aidene’s hand, hoping she noticed them as well.

As the roller coaster settled back on the track, Ivan was relieved to find his hair was mostly dry, although still lifeless. They came to a complete stop. Ivan didn’t know what to say. He sat there, speechless.

o r p

@melancholy ~ Guess who’s back on her Ipad! :smiley: :roll_eyes: SJSFJFJ NO YOUU!
I know this roller coaster part is SO horribly written, I am SO FREAKING SORRYYY
OMG I LEGIT-
MY FANGIRLING IS GOING OUT OF CONTROL.

3 Likes

As she read my note, my confidence grew as she giggled. It means I achieved comedy with her. I’ve been wanting to make her laugh for a while now and now I see how beautiful her laugh is. But her expression grew cold quickly and I thought it was something I said. Mentally I was still thinking about the joke when she read od and it took me a few seconds and a worried look to understand she started reading the part about my name.

When she gave me back the notebook I eegerly started reading to see what a normal reaction to my name is. I bet it’s a quite weird name. My mother said she has not met another Lav since Tolstoj. I decided to say this.

"Thank you. Yes I’ve often read of people who didn’t fit the criteria for their gender but showed off in other ways. My mother calls it women empowerment. But don’t worry about my first name. It’s when you combine it with the rest of my name that it becomes a mockery so if you were to just call me Lav I wouldn’t mind. Even though it is an old-fashioned name. My mother said she hasn’t met a Lav until Tolstoj. I’m sure you’ve heard of him. So being named Lav like one of the famous russian writers is enough to proove names aren’t there to show character even if their meanings are to display character. If you want I could tell you the meaning of the rest of my name, I’m sure you already know what Jarilivich means since I’ve heard those type of last names still exist in some countries here.

I read on to the little parchment of words. This tiny sentence unrelated to my name that was written a bit down to not confused this unrelated sentence with th previous ones.

“I have heard of her. She’s from Peter Pan. I’ve never read the story, but I’ve been read this story as a child. My caretaker had the sweetest voice. I would’ve loved to hear her voice read Pride and Prejudice or Frankenstein or Jane Eyre once since it’s so soft it would fit perfectly to that era.”

I returned the notebook and decided to eat my salmon before I finish my fries.

ORP: I thought the fries come with both meals, was I wrong? @ethereal

3 Likes