`♔ fairytaled | official roleplay thread `♔

:love_you_gesture:t3: image - Lav
He was smiling confidently-maybe because he had made her laugh? But as she frowned, so did he. Not wanting him to think anything was wrong, Tatiana looked up at him and smiled before finishing her note. When she returned the pad, he began to read at a fast pace, his blue eyes wide with excitement.

She took a few sips of her ice-cold water while she waited. Her teeth started to hurt, as she had been eating warm foods up until that point. She watched as Lav wrote. He would take a pause, and then thinking of another thing to add, continue writing.

He returned the notebook, and then went back to his salmon and mayo.

“Thank you. Yes I’ve often read of people who didn’t fit the criteria for their gender but showed off in other ways. My mother calls it women empowerment. But don’t worry about my first name. It’s when you combine it with the rest of my name that it becomes a mockery so if you were to just call me Lav I wouldn’t mind. Even though it is an old-fashioned name. My mother said she hasn’t met a Lav until Tolstoj. I’m sure you’ve heard of him. So being named Lav like one of the famous Russian writers is enough to prove names aren’t there to show character even if their meanings are to display character. If you want I could tell you the meaning of the rest of my name, I’m sure you already know what Jarilivich means since I’ve heard those type of last names still exist in some countries here.”

Tatiana raised a brow, confused. Didn’t fit the criteria for their gender? Women empowerment? She supposed that most people assumed men to be strong, and to fight, but she didn’t think it was a good mindset to think diverging from those assumptions made you less of the gender you identified as.

I don’t think not being physically strong makes you less male. Tatiana started to write, making sure she worded her opinions in the best way possible. Lav it is! She hadn’t called anyone by their full name before, so it would be easy to remember to call him this. She ‘oohed’ silently at the fact he had included about his name. I actually haven’t ever met someone named Lav, or Jarlivich. I grew up in a more secluded area… Tatiana admitted. She didn’t know what all the parts of his name meant, but didn’t want to ask, it could be a sore spot for him.

“I have heard of her. She’s from Peter Pan. I’ve never read the story, but I’ve been read this story as a child. My caretaker had the sweetest voice. I would’ve loved to hear her voice read Pride and Prejudice or Frankenstein or Jane Eyre once since it’s so soft it would fit perfectly to that era.”

This brought a smile back to her face. Yeah, she is. Tatiana wrote. It’s a pretty interesting story, although you could call my mother an antagonist in it… Tatiana knew that most people had a voice, and each one sounded different. Of course, she had never been able to hear people’s voices before, but she wondered which type of voice would match Lav. Something sweet, gentle, and maybe a little timid? Tatiana supposed she would never know.

Your caretaker sounds quite nice. I’ve never read those books, I’ve never been one for classics. She paused, before adding, What does your voice sound like? Also, if you’d like, you can try one of the burgers. They’re really good! :smiley: Then she passed the book back.

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Ahh, sorry, the fish came with some chips. Though we can pretend he got fish and fries!

3 Likes

When I gave her back the notebook she accepted it with enthusiasm, but as she started reading I noticed her face wasn’t enthusiastic but somewhat puzzled and maybe a bit annoyed. I could’ve said a bit too much about the gender thing. I was told it was a touchy subject. I was thinking about this all the while she was reading and was shocked to see her writing becuase I didn’t realise how much time has passed. I noticed her click the pen which meant she finished the last sentece and that must mean a lot more time passed than I thought. My imagination can do that sometimes. I accepted the notebook casually, becuase I didn’t feel smiling every time I recieved it would be that big of a difference.

I started reading my sentence first and then hers to see if what I wrote could be portrayed as ignorant and woman-hating to somebody else, but I couldn’t see it. Only after readin her sentence did I realize my words meant a different thing to her than to me.
I don’t think not being physically strong makes you less male. I chuckled and began writing.
“That’s not what I meant. And mentioning streghts didn’t only apply to physical strenght but all kinds of strenghts. I meant to say both genders are prejudiced to have certain strenghts. Like most men are stronger than most women, but there’s a woman’s intuition. What I meant to say is having strenghts that don’t sound like they are more feminine or masculine. For instance humor or social intelligence or perspecitve. Now if somebody asks you if women are more socially intelligent than men you’d say they’re even, right? Well that’s what I’m saying. I think. It was a thought in my head that was long gone, but I assure you I didn’t mean something that would so easily be taken as offensive.”

I read on hoping my messy explanation and sketchy sentences would be enough and not offend more.
I actually haven’t ever met someone named Lav, or Jarlivich. I grew up in a more secluded area…
I smiled Jarilivich is a last name and it’s the type of last names your get from your father. I heard it’s still going on in Denmark. But since my father’s first name was Jarilo I’m named Jarilivich and it means son of Jarilo. I’m not sure if you read “The Overcoat” but it plays on the silliness of a situation where your mother can’t find a suitable first name for you so she picks your father’s name and you end up with a silly name Akaky Akakievich.

It’s a pretty interesting story, although you could call my mother an antagonist in it…
It’s too bad I haven’t heard this story in so long I don’t remeber it. Since she is your mother you could explain me the story in short someday, and then let us judge if she’s an antagonist in it.

Your caretaker sounds quite nice. I’ve never read those books, I’ve never been one for classics.
She was nice, but I only did have her until I was still very young. My father didn’t think he should let his duty as a parent be half-assed and that we should connect more as father and son. He knew then, that if I don’t see him as a father I would never even consider him and his duties when on Earth and he feared I would never love him enough to understand why he’s forbidden me this.
It’s a shame you never did read those books. They’re quite fun if you imagine it all in your head. At first I thought reading was boring but when I was a bit younger I asked myself why the authors bored themselves with describing the room or the smells, and only then realised the magic that is imagining the book like it’s written. It’s a whole different experience.
You should read them, I’m sure you’d love them. They’re in fact not that different form modern books. But maybe what’s enticing me to read classics and old novels is the fact I’m intrigued by the differences in everyting from the and to now.
Saying this I much preffer those books than the ones of Kafka and such. I enjoy reading about adventures I myself couldn’t have and would rather do so than read a novel that’s secretly a judgement of political themes and social themes. I just don’t like political talk and such nonsense.
I’m sorry for babbling too much about it, but once I start talking about book I can not be stopped.

What does your voice sound like? Also, if you’d like, you can try one of the burgers. They’re really good!

I don’t know what my voice sound like. This might be a weird concept to you, but the way a person hears themselves speak is different from what others hear. And when you think you sound suave and charming and on a tape recorder you realise you sound like a chipmunk on crack. But that’s how it is, and I’m not really sure how my voice sounds, but in my head it sounds like a raspy but still sweet voice.

Thanks for offering but I’m really sattisfied with my fish and chips. Maybe it has something to do with the fact of my fondest memeory on Eart, up until now, involving me eating the traditional fish and chips.

ORP- @ethereal well in “Fish and chips” the chips are actually fries, but since it’s a british traditional meal, the chips part stayed, becuse in Brittain fries are called chips and chips (the actuall snack in the bag) is called crisps

3 Likes

:fire: :sunny: Aidene || Ivan :fire: :sunny:

Ivan gave a simple Oh, as if he was debating whether or not he would ask her what that meant, in the end, he didn’t which Aidene didn’t really feel a certain way about. “What a shame. It would’ve looked cute on you.” Aidene shook her head in disbelief in the thought, “That’s a very deep nightmare.” It wasn’t as if Aidene was not into the style or something, it’s just simply it didn’t fit her and in general, she hated it. She wasn’t sincerely obsessed with clothes although she did have a thing for dresses as a kid, she liked something that matched her. “Sure thing. The people all have sticks up their a-ses, but the food’s decent,” She laughed before responding, “Ahh, the saving grace, food, no?” I’ll let you know next March.” Internally her smile flickered although she managed to keep it on her face, she knew that by March everything would be in flames and she would be long gone from Once Upon a High. Her father expected her to have completed the entire point of her stay here, total destruction and havoc upon each and every breathing thing at the school. She wasn’t sure if she could do it. It almost made her slightly to not go the birthday event, it seemed like fun And it would’ve been fun with Ivan. “I’ll make sure to clear my schedule for the entire week then,” Aidene responded with a small smile. Although each of her words dripped with lies.

“By all means. I do it all the time,” She inclined her head with an amused smile, “How enjoyable, you must get front row seats to the complete mess that is the aristocracy.” Aidene didn’t expect Ivan’s response, it certainly was a dramatic one but maybe what was more interesting was the feeling that it provoked. Aidene’s face flushed deeply from the kiss he had planted on her hand and when she took her hand back she wasn’t quite sure what to do with it. “The pleasure is all mine, my dear.” Aidene shook her head slightly, her face still blushing before responding, “You’re quite dramatic.” He burst into laughter and somehow it was contagious enough that Aidene’s voice quickly joined it. When Ivan confirmed they were busy of some sort he flashed her a cheeky grin and replied, “That’s why I’m so smart, I spent most of my time in the library.” That made sense, it was what his mother was known for.

Aidene paused for a moment, not quite sure if she should tell. She might as well, he was under the impression she was alive. Or at least she thought so. “My mother is rather interesting,” Aidene began. “She’s kind and always looks out for others even if it’s not the best choice for herself. She’s silly and knows how to have fun, and she’s just an all-around amazing person, so, yeah. I love my mom.” Loved. She’s dead now. Aidene thought to herself quietly as she looked at the table for a moment and memories flashed into her mind of her mother. I miss you, Mom.

“You mean your lack of masculinity?” Aidene responded in a joking manner. Aidene didn’t know how to classify someone as masculine, nor whether or not it was a good thing if she was being honest. “Sureee, keep telling yourself that.” She replied nonchalantly, she was confident and determined to win. The boy came to a stop a few feet away, demanding to know what they wanted him for, Aidene looked at Ivan pointedly before repeating the phrase she had repeated so many times today already. “My friend has a question he wants to ask you,” Aidene replied, and inclined her head slightly in Ivan’s direction. Although she kept a smile on her face, it was quite obvious the boy was quite burly and she hoped they wouldn’t anger him- or that he had a temper.

“Oh really?” Aidene lit up in surprise. “Will you show me there, later?” She asked, although it sounded like more time with Ivan that was something she could potentially look forward too, she didn’t mind. Not one bit.

“Yeah, if by smart, you mean smart-ss. You’re too confident for your own good,” he smirked at her. “And you say I’m cocky.” Aidene put a hand to her chest as if she was mortally wounded. “How rude,” she gasped in mock rage. “Excuse me, but my confidence is a natural result of my intelligence, I apologize if you can’t say the same.” She laughed slightly, although some might find the banter rather sassy or rude between the two it was all in good fun. She also just enjoyed speaking with Ivan.

Needless to say, Aidene as slightly confused, but she didn’t let it show. “You’re welcome to show me anytime you’re ready then,” she replied smoothly. “But that may take a while since it there is no place.” Ivan seemed to be a little different in a way, his reply was a bit weak. She smiled slightly before responding, “C’mon, bunny, you know you happen to love my talking. You’d be bored without it.” It was so comfortable and natural to be in their position that Aidene wasn’t fond of the idea of moving from it, it was a moment she didn’t quite want to ruin although she had no idea why.

The roller coaster began and Aidene raised her head from Ivan’s shoulder to observe the entire thing. It started with a vibrant array of colors stemming from magic as jungle animals ran up and down all around them. It wasn’t too slow but wasn’t moving to fast, she noticed Ivan glancing at her. “It’s pretty,” Aidene remarked as she watched it. The change was rather quick, it was clear magic and time had been put into this roller coaster. Water had also begun to splash on her and she yelped in surprise, wiping the water away from her face as it began to steam into smoke as soon as it came to contact with her skin. It was a welcome relief as the roller coaster traveled back into the light and that’s when she got to look at Ivan “Look at your hair!” Aidene laughed, the gel having watched away. She ran her fingers through his hair, laughing. “You’re hair is a complete mess.” Her hair had been soaked and the gel had washed away from it, it was quite amusing, to say the least.

The next things were a variety of animals, a bunch of different scenes and it was quite impressive. There were more twists, turns, and bumps but nothing terrifying yet. It was towards the end when the roller coaster flew up into the air, spinning around in circles making O’s in the sky. She screamed, loudly, shocked and jarred by the sudden change in atmosphere, although excitement mixed with adrenaline prickled in her veins. She almost didn’t notice Ivan was squeezing her hand until the end of the scare, she looked down at it in surprise but didn’t remove her hand. Ivan squeezed her hand, and she looked to notice beautiful red hummingbirds in the air around them, a small one came to land on her shoulder, staring at her before buzzing its wings and continuing on its way.

The roller coaster finally eased itself back on the track and came to a stop. Ivan’s hand was still holding hers and she gave him a smirk, “So, that was rather fun wasn’t it.” She pointed at his hair, “Although your hair took a hit.” The iron bar lifted and the belts magically unsnapped themselves leading to a flurry of people hurrying off of the roller coaster back to the rest of the circus. “C’mon, let’s go,” Aidene said as she stood up and tugged Ivan out of the roller coaster. As they exited the area she smiled before asking, “So, our first ride on a roller coaster, what’d you think?” This was both their first ride on a roller coaster, and she hoped it wasn’t their last.

o r p

@ethereal ~ Oh nooo!! NUUUU REVERSE CARD
NO IT’S BEAUTIFULLL!! I’m sorry my post is trash, currently don’t have a lot of time
SAME- SAME AHHHHHHH

2 Likes

:crossed_swords:Maximilian Krome :crossed_swords:

As much as all of this was foreign, it still somehow continued to amaze him. He watched as his phone screen lit up, then the three emojis scroll across the notification centre. Almost in excitement, he unlocked the device to see the actual massage. There. There was a picture all there of the gorgeous sunset taken with better quality than any camera ever. Bloody amazing, Maximilian hoped it wouldn’t be too weird if he just kept that picture or simply set it to every background.

Then there was another thought. He could take pictures of anything. Anything, literally anything. Of course, he also had all day tomorrow. The sunset now was a good indicator of time. Kaden was chippy as always when offered the painting idea, that would have to be another thing soon.

Together, they more or less headed back down the same road. Maximilian carefully listened to the conversation about how phones work before deciding that being an engineer was not his niche. It was nice that Kaden knew, but that was Kaden. Maximilian could definitely go for blowing things up in chemistry though, maybe art as well if that was an actual class.

“It might not be something you are quite used to,” he said while unlocking the dorm room, “but I promise, I will fix it.” With that, he swung the door open. The newly bought furniture were still there, surprisingly in place. The rest of the room had a maroon/magenta wallpaper with black roses and vines creeping across them. All the other antiques were a mixture of different ages. Victorian couch there, 50s office style, 20s decore by the shelves. Even in that, the books lining the mismatched case could range from rotting paper to freshly bound. Purple and gold carpet, of course, a few ships in bottles for paperweights and the work desk itself, askew with paper.

“The interesting part is that I could technically broker most of everything here for plenty of cash, but it’s also just memories,” he explained, “so again, apologies for the sudden arrival and the general aesthetic of this place.” Maximilian threw his outer school jacket on the couch before taking a seat.
"Anything here that’s particularly interesting or just annoying?I’m sure I have time to hop on fixing that.

@ethereal

3 Likes

She knew he watched her as she read, so she tried to keep her expressions blank, so she didn’t worry him. Still, sometimes she would forget to do this, and either a large smile or frown would slip through. As she handed the pad back to him, he didn’t smile, was he trying to mask his emotions too? Or was he just tired of smiling? Probably the latter. As he read, he chuckled, and Tatiana’s face turned hot with embarrassment. Did he think little of her after reading what she’d wrote? Or had she been incorrect in what she had wrote? Tatiana pouted. Was it that funny? He was smiling now, he didn’t seem upset at her for what she had said. That was a good sign. Tatiana dipped another fry in ketchup. He was taking a while to write, but she didn’t mind. She did notice he didn’t try any of the burger after he passed the book back to her.

“That’s not what I meant. And mentioning strengths didn’t only apply to physical strength but all kinds of strengths. I meant to say both genders are prejudiced to have certain strengths. Like most men are stronger than most women, but there’s a woman’s intuition. What I meant to say is having strengths that don’t sound like they are more feminine or masculine. For instance humor or social intelligence or perspective. Now if somebody asks you if women are more socially intelligent than men you’d say they’re even, right? Well that’s what I’m saying. I think. It was a thought in my head that was long gone, but I assure you I didn’t mean something that would so easily be taken as offensive.”

Tatiana smiled at this, hoping she hadn’t overreacted before. She knew Lav couldn’t be sexist, he was too considerate. It’s okay, I wasn’t offended. I was just trying to make you feel better, but I took it the wrong way :frowning: Tatiana began writing. I really like how you worded that. I agree. Still, I think you’re perfect just the way you are!

Jarilivich is a last name and it’s the type of last names your get from your father. I heard it’s still going on in Denmark. But since my father’s first name was Jarilo I’m named Jarilivich and it means son of Jarilo. I’m not sure if you read “The Overcoat” but it plays on the silliness of a situation where your mother can’t find a suitable first name for you so she picks your father’s name and you end up with a silly name like Akaky Akakievich.

This was interesting. Tatiana had taken her last name from her mother, her father never really being in the picture. Oh, I see, that makes sense. I haven’t read ‘The Overcoat’, but it sounds funny, at least that part! That is a rather silly name…

It’s too bad I haven’t heard this story in so long I don’t remember it. Since she is your mother you could explain me the story in short someday, and then let us judge if she’s an antagonist in it.

It’s okay! I’d love to tell you it someday so you can decide. Most people wouldn’t think Tinker Bell as an antagonist, however, she was pretty jealous and had even tried to kill Wendy. Not that Tatiana thought of her mother as an antagonist, but in the story… She didn’t look too good. I’d like to hear your story sometime, too.

She was nice, but I only did have her until I was still very young. My father didn’t think he should let his duty as a parent be half-assed and that we should connect more as father and son. He knew then, that if I don’t see him as a father I would never even consider him and his duties when on Earth and he feared I would never love him enough to understand why he’s forbidden me this.
It’s a shame you never did read those books. They’re quite fun if you imagine it all in your head. At first I thought reading was boring but when I was a bit younger I asked myself why the authors bored themselves with describing the room or the smells, and only then realized the magic that is imagining the book like it’s written. It’s a whole different experience. You should read them, I’m sure you’d love them. They’re in fact not that different form modern books. But maybe what’s enticing me to read classics and old novels is the fact I’m intrigued by the differences in everything from the and to now.
Saying this I much prefer those books than the ones of Kafka and such. I enjoy reading about adventures I myself couldn’t have and would rather do so than read a novel that’s secretly a judgement of political themes and social themes. I just don’t like political talk and such nonsense.
I’m sorry for babbling too much about it, but once I start talking about book I can not be stopped.

Tatiana smiled to herself. She didn’t read often-she was horrible at reading and usually only did so for school assignments. However, the way Lav spoke about books, they seemed like such fantastic objects, each one a different adventure. She figured she’d try to pick up a “Classic” when she had the time, and try to change her negative thoughts about them. I’m sorry. I’m sure his heart was in the right place, though. Tatiana offered sympathetically. I’ll try to check one out sometime, the ones you described sound super interesting! Which book is your favorite? I’m not too good at reading, and I try not to think about politics too much, but I still think it’s important I learn about them.

I don’t know what my voice sound like. This might be a weird concept to you, but the way a person hears themselves speak is different from what others hear. And when you think you sound suave and charming and on a tape recorder you realize you sound like a chipmunk on crack. But that’s how it is, and I’m not really sure how my voice sounds, but in my head it sounds like a raspy but still sweet voice. Thanks for offering but I’m really sattisfied with my fish and chips. Maybe it has something to do with the fact of my fondest memeory on Eart, up until now, involving me eating the traditional fish and chips.

Tatiana giggled at “chipmunk on crack”. She had heard most people didn’t like recording their own voice, but this saying was pretty funny-especially coming from proper Lav. I’ve heard that before, it makes sense. That’s really interesting though, I think raspy but sweet fits you! More for me… She thought, looking at the other two burgers. She was getting full. No problem. What happened with the fish and chips? She asked, wondering what that was about. Then, she took a bite of her burger.

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Ohhh, that makes sense! Thanks for letting me know! I see now the chips do look very similar to fries!

Sorry for replying so late :frowning: Yesterday I had a video chat for nine hours and I couldn’t reply without being rude X(((

:rabbit2: image - Aidene
She shook her head with disbelief at his comment. “That’s a very deep nightmare.” Ivan laughed at this. He wondered whether or not he would wear the uniform again tomorrow. His agency had told him that it was up to him whether he followed the school rules or not, as long as he didn’t get expelled. Dressing in the uniform would earn him trust from the goody-goodies, but other students might be inclined not to trust him. Ivan let out a small sigh. His uniform was wrinkled anyways, and by the time he got to his dorm, he wouldn’t feel like ironing it. “It’s not so bad,” Ivan reasoned playfully. “Look, I’m wearing it, and I’m surviving.” “Ahh, the saving grace, food, no?” Ivan pumped his fist into the air triumphantly. “Exactly. And it’s all free, too.” At galas, the first thing Ivan would do was shove as many petit cakes and cookies (wrapped in napkins) into the pockets of his coat. He planned to find a hiding place later and devour them all, maybe even save a few for his agency friends if they were lucky. Sweets were rare at the agency, but plentiful on missions. I’ll make sure to clear my schedule for the entire week then,” Aidene said with a small smile. The more Ivan went on about it, the more he envied the real son of Beauty. He imagined what it would be like to take Aidene back to his kingdom. They’d dance together in town square, share nibble on the most excellent of meals… But without this fake identity, Ivan was nobody. If Aidene knew he was lying, what would she think? He’d probably lose any chance he had with her. Ivan smiled back at her, a bit lost in his thoughts.

“How enjoyable, you must get front row seats to the complete mess that is the aristocracy.” Ivan smirked. “I do indeed.” He murmured. When it came to getting to know the aristocracy, he had the best seats in the house-if you could call them “best” anyways. “Their drama was the only good entertainment at those parties.” She looked surprised at first, but then she shook her head, her face flushing a deep crimson. Ivan tilted his head at this, unsure what to think. It had just been an overdramatic joke although he wished it hadn’t been. “You’re quite dramatic.” Aidene said, still blushing. She soon joined in his wild laughter. Ivan eventually stopped when his sides started to hurt. Smiling, he took a mock-bow in his seat. “Thank you.” He had to bite his cheek to stop himself from laughing again.

She paused for a moment and Ivan leaned forwards, interested in what she had to say. “My mother is rather interesting,” Aidene began. “She’s kind and always looks out for others, even if it’s not the best choice for herself. She’s silly and knows how to have fun, and she’s just an all-around amazing person, so, yeah. I love my mom.” She then went absolutely silent, staring at the counter. Ivan frowned. He wanted to tell her he knew what it was like. To have his two, loving, kind parents and funny brother dissappear from his life, never to return. He patted her lightly on the hand, giving her an empathetic look. “I’m sure she was a great person,” He told her quietly. He didn’t want to bring up any painful memories for her, even though his agency would eat it up.

“You mean your lack of masculinity?” Aidene joked. Ivan laughed. Although, he wasn’t hurt at all by this. He identified as male, but didn’t believe acting a certain way or doing certain things verified this. “Sureeee, keep telling yourself that.” She glanced over at the boy. “My friend has a question he wants to ask you,” She said to him. In return, he just grunted at Ivan. Trying to keep himself together, Ivan gave the boy a casual smile. “H-Hello.” D-mn. Only his first word and he was already stammering. “I was just wondering who you find more attractive. Me? Or her?” The boy grunted once more, then his head moved ever so slightly. He looked Aidene up and down for a moment before turning to Ivan and doing the same. Ivan stood perfectly still, waiting for this man to snap his neck. Finally, the boy spoke, still looking in Ivan’s direction, “You’re a skeleton, and she’s a girl… You’re both pretty ugly to be honest.” “Hey!” Ivan protested, offended at being judged so harshly, but quickly shut up when the boy sent a death-stare in his direction. After a moment of silence, he made a small noise. “I guess I’d choose the boy. But you could definitely use some more meat on your bones,” He decided. Ivan was unsure how to feel about that, but he looked at Aidene with triumph. "You heard him. I just won our little challenge…again," he gloated to her. He felt a bit bad she had lost again-but not too bad since he never lost.

“Oh, really?” He watched her face light up. “Will you show me there, later?” She asked almost as if she were agreeing to a date. “S-sure,” He said, smiling. They’d probably have to start heading back towards the school later in the evening, so he supposed they could cut through the Hummingbird Garden on the way there.

She clutched her chest dramatically. "How rude. Excuse me, but my confidence is a natural result of my intelligence, I apologize if you can’t say the same.” Ivan snorted. “I could say more than you. Not only does my confidence stem from intelligence, I also have my good looks.” Although in his opinion, so did Aidene. He ran his fingers through his hair and winked. With Aidene, he felt so comfortable. He didn’t normally banter with people this way, but she didn’t seem to mind.

She looked confused, which Ivan supposed was for the best. You’re welcome to show me anytime you’re ready then,” She replied. “But that may take a while since it there is no place.” “I’ll let you find it on your own,” Ivan said. C’mon, bunny, you know you happen to love my talking. You’d be bored without it.” That wasn’t a lie.Her voice sounded friendly, like she was prodding him to chin up. “Just like you adore everything about me, Kitten?” His nose, cheeks, and the bottoms of his ears were still pink as he tried to comprehend what was happening. He just wanted to relax in this moment with Aidene.

As the roller coaster started to move, she lifted her head from his shoulder leaving a part of his heart strangely empty. “It’s pretty,” Aidene said, watching the jungle animals running around them. Some of the water got on Aidene as well, and she yelped before wiping her face. He glanced at her with surprise-her skin began to sizzle. For the rest of the ocean section, Ivan hovered over her, shielding her from any more water spurts to protect her so that annoying noise wouldn’t happen again. That was it. As they traveled back into the sunlight, Aidene glanced back up at him. “Look at your hair!” Ivan scowled, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment. “Your hair is a complete mess,” Aidene said, laughing with amusement. Ivan wanted to jump off the roller coaster. “I-I still look good.” He finally said, as if trying to convince himself of this.

When the roller coaster soared into the air, Aidene screamed. Ivan would have taken this opportunity to tease her, but he was too busy holding her hand for dear life. He noticed Aidene looking down at his hand. She didn’t let go-but that could’ve been because he was holding it so tightly, it would have been near impossible. During a more peaceful moment, he noticed one of the hummingbirds landed on her shoulder before flying away. Ivan smiled shyly at this.

When they landed, Aidene gave him a smirk, still holding his hand. “So that was rather fun, wasn’t it?” Ivan nodded, still breathless. “Yeah…” Aidene pointed at his hair. “Although your hair took a hit,” She reminded him. Ivan used his hands to try and get his hair back in shape, but it was no use. Embarrassed, he looked away. “Still looks better than yours,” He tried making a smug remark, but he was too embarrassed to use a confident tone. The bar lifted and his seatbelt unsnapped. Ivan watched as people started leaving the coaster to go explore the rest of the carnival. “C’mon, let’s go,” Aidene stood up and tugged him out of the cart. He followed, still a bit wobbly from the ride. As they left, she smiled. “So, our first ride on a roller coaster, what’d you think?” Ivan took a deep breath. “It was fun,” he said. It had been even more fun with Aidene Embarrassed he had freaked out so much, he straightened his posture. “I was only acting scared so you’d feel less alone, Kitten.” He said, his cocky tone making a reappearence.

o r p

@katabasis ~ REVERSE CARD BACCCC
NO IT WAS TRASH X(((( BUT YOURS WAS AMAZING AS USUAL!!!
AHSHSJFJKFIOEG

I have another idea for something they can do at the carnival, but it might be best at the end XD

Sorry for replying so late :frowning: Yesterday I had a video chat for nine hours and I couldn’t reply without being rude X(((

:teddy_bear: image - Maximilian
Maximilian’s face lit up with awe as he watched his phone screen light up from Kaden’s text. He unlocked his device as fast as he could to see the full photo. Kaden wondered if he should teach Maximilian to add his fingerprint to his phone, so then he could unlock it faster. He couldn’t imagine what it was like to come to a whole new world, not really knowing how anything worked.

He could tell Maximilian was going to enjoy the camera use of his phone. Especially since he could also save and screenshot photos from the internet, and access them at any time in the gallery. He and Maximilian sure had a lot of things scheduled. They’d have to hang out often, but Kaden was okay with that. Especially if it meant more charring and artwork.

Maximilian carefully listened to how phones worked, but didn’t reply. Kaden didn’t mind, the explanation was a lot more boring than using the actual phone. Still, he found it almost magical how the whole thing worked.

“It might not be something you are quite used to,” Maximilian said. “but I promise, I will fix it.” Kaden bounced on his toes excitedly. He swung the door open, and Kaden eagerly peered inside. The furniture had appeared in his room, as promised, and they were even in fitting places. His wallpapers were a mixture of maroon and magenta, and covered with roses and vines. Each piece seemed to be from a different era, but they all fit together quite nicely. His desk was covered in papers, with ships in bottles as paperweights. Kaden wondered if the myth was true-they used to be pirate ships that were shrunken in a bottle. Brushing his shoes on the carpet outside, Kaden entered the room, still looking about excitedly. “I love your wallpaper! And your carpet. And your books!” Kaden bubbled, looking around with wide eyes. He sat on the purple couch before heading over to the desk to examine the ships in bottles.

“The interesting part is that I could technically broker most of everything here for plenty of cash, but it’s also just memories,” Maximilian explained. Kaden shook his head quickly. No amount of money would be enough to purchase these decorations-full of memories and mystery. “So again, apologies for the sudden arrival and the general aesthetic of this place.” “Don’t apologize!” Kaden exclaimed, running one finger along the side of the bottle. “Amazing…” He muttered to himself. The room was generally clean except the papers. “Want me to organize your papers?” Kaden asked, then instantly regretting it. “Are these real pirate ships?” He asked instead.

@FuzilladeBlue

4 Likes

“I’m sure she was a great person,” Aidene paused quietly, there was that was again, perhaps she had been too open, letting it on that she was no longer apart of her life. She felt herself want to close up again, she didn’t want people to know anything about her family, but she regressed- next time a slip up like this wouldn’t happen again. She’d be more careful about it, even though she’d like to tell Ivan many things, mainly because she was becoming quite friendly with him she wanted to gain his trust. That was it… “Ah, thank you. She’d appreciate your compliment,” Aidene responded with a smiling face.

Aidene was quiet for a moment as the brooding boy spoke, she was not quite happy with the comment about herself, her sisters could switch between their looks and appearances to attract others, Aidene couldn’t really do it. It took too much time and energy, and in addition, you needed a solid base otherwise you’d look really deformed. So, really it was a reminder of the inferiority of how she wasn’t able to compete with her talented sisters. She snorted before retaliating, “If I looked in the mirror every day with that face, I’d think everything is ugly too.” Despite her insecurity and her acknowledgement of not being extremely pretty, it rubbed her the wrong way that Ivan was so rudely insulted that anyone was so rudely insulted in that manner. The boy gave her look and she gave him a nasty one right back, if she wanted she could burn him the f-ck alive, she wasn’t scared. “I guess I’d choose the boy. But you could definitely use some more meat on your bones,” The response came as a little surprise but she didn’t let it show, she had something pretty important to focus on. Aidene reached into the mind of the boy, she looked at him for a moment, and for a moment instead of a person, she looked at a figure composed of strings, strings of emotion. Envy, Greed, Lust, Love, every sort of emotion you could imagine. She couldn’t touch some of them, like love, it was a very burning sensation, instead she reached for hate. And she imagined as if she was tugging at it very hard, creating a deep feeling of hatred within the boy. "You heard him. I just won our little challenge… again," Aidene made a disapointed face, it was natural, perfect, she didn’t expect anything to happen… and another stringed was tugged hard, anger. “A challenge?” The boy bellowed, “You’re as ugly inside as you are outside you little,” the boy shouted harsh curses at Ivan and looked as if he was about to throw a punch. “You know something? I take it back, the girl is definitely more attractive, in and out.” That’s when Aidene let go of the strings in her mind. The boy was still filled with anger but it began to slowly calm down before twisting on his foot and marching straight out of the tavern. Aidene was quiet for a moment before saying, “What’s it they say…don’t count your chicks before they hatch.”

“I’ll let you find it on your own,”

“You can’t find what doesn’t exist. I think you’re growing rather dense. Well denser.” She replied off-handedly. “Just like you adore everything about me, Kitten?” Aidene shook her head slightly, sighing, “Adore is a large exaggeration. Probably tolerate? Suffer through? Those all work.” She pressed her face into his shoulder for a moment before saying, “You’re warm, it’s nice. I could adore this.” Her voice came out slightly weird, and it occured to her moments later that this was a rather weird thing to do to someone, but she didn’t care. She quite liked warm things, such as Ivan. “Are you blushing again?”

“Still looks better than yours," Aidene shook her head, “Mmhm, whatever you need to feel better about your said mop hair.” She teased him slightly, although she quite liked his hair didn’t think it looked too bad. He was still a bit shaky from the ride but all parts of him seemed intact, which was quite good. “Well of course it was, you had me.” She responded bemused and raised an eyebrow at his last comment. “Yes, acting enough to hold my hand hard enough to cut off blood circulation,” she responded knowingly. “But don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone that Bunny got scared, you’re secrets safe with me.” Aidene winked slightly. “Alright, so what else do you want to do?”

o r p

@ethereal ~ Enjoy le cutness, yes Aidene, Ivan is warm because he’s alive-
NOOO NOT TRUE YOURS IS ALWAYS PERFECT

Well we still got the hummingbird thing and I’m kinda out of ideas X) Apologies I kinda cut the post in half ://

3 Likes

Aidene didn’t say anything for a moment, and Ivan wondered if he was in the wrong. He was just trying to be there for her gain her trust, but maybe this would just make her suspicious or closed off. “Ah, thank you. She’d appreciate your compliment,” Aidene finally said. She was smiling, which was good. Ivan wanted to tell her he understood. That he’d lost more than just his mother in a single day. That he would be there for her whenever she needed him to. But he wasn’t Lucius Rabbit. He was Ivan Beast, and Ivan Beast had two, alive parents. He would never be able to relate to Aidene in that area. He smiled back, letting the topic drift away.

Aidene didn’t speak, but Ivan could tell she was unhappy. “If I looked in the mirror every day with that face, I’d think everything is ugly too.” She shot at the boy. Ivan let out a single, loud laugh at this. He smirked at Aidene, Well played. Looking the boy up and down, Ivan decided to risk his life insult him as well. “Skeletal? At least I don’t look like a tick about to pop. Seriously, what kind of steroids are you on?” His face didn’t show it, but the way the boy spoke about his body rubbed him the wrong way. Hopefully, at least during the time he was at Once Upon a High, he’d be eating a better amount of more quality meals. The boy was giving them both equally dirty looks and Ivan gulped. Now it was just a matter of who would die first… Aidene wasn’t saying anything, just staring at the boy. Was she scared? Ivan stepped forwards a bit, almost protectively. Aidene turned to him, seeming disappointed that she had lost again. He shrugged, “You’re the one who created the challenge in the first place, sweetheart,” Ivan said, shrugging smugly. “A challenge?” The boy bellowed, fists clenching. Sh-t. Ivan had been hoping he would head back to whatever gym he came from and leave them alone. “You’re as ugly inside as you are outside you little-" Ivan put his hands up in defense. “Hey, wait a-” He was interrupted by a fit of cursing. “You know something?" The boy asked. “I take it back, the girl is definitely more attractive, in and out.” Ivan’s mouth popped open ,not that he disagreed. The boy had changed his mind rather quickly… Perhaps he had decision-making issues as well as anger issues. Or maybe he had just been lying all along, just to embarrass him. As the boy stormed away, Ivan didn’t know whether to feel relieved or disappointed. He turned to Aidene, his face pale, and his cheeks a blazing red. “What’s it they say…don’t count your chicks before they hatch.” Ivan rolled his eyes. “Like I’d want such a psychopath to be attracted to me anyways. You can have him.” He joked to Aidene, a bit butthurt he had lost, but relieved the boy had left. He was afraid to ask Aidene what she wanted him to do-hopefully she’d forgotten.

“You can’t find what doesn’t exist. I think you’re growing rather dense. Well denser .” Aidene told him. “Oh, is that why I haven’t able to find your intelligence?” “Adore is a large exaggeration. Probably tolerate? Suffer through? Those all work.” Indignant, Ivan opened his mouth for a rebuttal, but Aidene buried her face into his shoulder before he could say anything. “You’re warm, it’s nice. I could adore this.” She said, in a very not-Aidene way. Ivan’s face immediately went back to a dark shade of red as he stood perfectly still because maybe if he did, she wouldn’t move. He didn’t feel warm, it was getting colder and after his jacket sleeve got drenched, his arm felt numb. “See. Everyone adores at least one part of me.” Ivan said confidently, although his voice sounded kind of squeaky. “Are you blushing again?” She asked. “N-No.” Ivan replied, a bit too quickly.

She shook her head. “Mmhm, whatever you need to feel better about your said mop hair.” Ouch. Embarrassed, Ivan ran his hand through his hair, looking side to side to see if anyone was watching. “Oh yeah? Well…you’re a…mud head!” Ivan told her, referring to the color of her hair. He was too worried about his hair to come up with a half-decent insult, and hardly even noticed they basically had the same hair color. Ducking his head a bit, Ivan pressed his lips together. He couldn’t go on like this. He felt like everyone was staring at his mop-hair. A kid walked by, holding a large bag of popcorn and crunching noisily. On his head, he wore a plain red and white baseball cap. Perking up, Ivan turned to Aidene. “Wait here.” He caught up to the boy and tapped him on the shoulder. The kid turned around. He looked like he had recently been sick-probably from too many carnival snacks. “Er… hello…” Ivan stuttered. He was terrible with kids. The boy said nothing. He just crunched on his snack. “I really like your hat…” Ivan told him. “And as you can see, my hair is a little…mop like right now. So I was wondering if I could borr-well, keep it.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few precious bills from his agency, offering them to the boy. The kid’s eyes lit up at the sight. Snatching the money with his grubby hands, he tossed his cap to Ivan and ran off. The cap fit pretty snug, but it worked. He trotted back to Aidene, his confidence restored. “There.” He said happily.

“Well of course it was, you had me.” Aidene told him. Ivan laughed at her. “That’s what made it ‘fun’, not ‘perfect’,” He joked she was right. “Yes, acting enough to hold my hand hard enough to cut off blood circulation,” Aidene said, raising a brow. “Yep, that was just part of the act,” Ivan lied confirmed. * “But don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone that Bunny got scared, you’re secrets safe with me.”* Aidene winked at him. “You’re right, you won’t tell anyone. Because you don’t lie, do you, Kitten?” Ivan teased, recalling a conversation from earlier.

“Alright, so what else do you want to do?” After meeting that kid, Ivan had an idea. It had been a bit since he’d eaten, and years since he’d had carnival food. Aidene hadn’t even had anything at the tavern, so she was probably really hungry. Ivan nodded towards a food table. “Want to get something to eat?”

o r p

@katabasis ~ OMFGGGGGGGGG SHES SO CUTE!!! AND YES THEY WILL SHARE WARMTH
NOOO ESPECIALLY NOT THIS ONE BUT NEXT TIME I HOPE I WILL BE BETTER!!!

XD True! I have two more ideas, but that’s it! AND NO APOLOGIES, ITS GOOD!

2 Likes

“Like I’d want such a psychopath to be attracted to me anyways. You can have him.” Aidene shook her head before responding, “Y’know, I’d rather have you and that says quite a bit.” Aidene remarked slightly bemused, although naive as though her comment could be taken any way the reciever wished. She tapped her finger against her chin, “Alright, time for my prize.” She chirped cheerfully although she had cheated to win, which made her felt as if it was personal, it was not personal. She didn’t want to cheat or manipulate Ivan She wasn’t quite fond of cheating anyone or manipulating them every now and again but obviously, she did it and it was not required. She thought for a moment before shrugging, she didn’t want to waste it and she didn’t know quite what she was going to do with it anyways just yet. “Well, I’ll decide later, for now I shall soak in the glory of my victory.” Which really wasn’t much seeing as she had cheated her way into it, but all well that ends well. She tilted her head slightly, “What would you have had me do?”

“Yes, it’s much to advanced for your dense mind.” Aidene replied back smoothly, laughing slightly although she wouldn’t call Ivan dense. In fact, it was probably the last thing she would do. She smiled slightly, amused at his squeaky voice, truth be told she enjoyed making Ivan slightly nervous, it was cute it was hilarious. “Awesome, I adore that you are alive and because your are alive you aren’t cold but instead warm. That’s a bit low though, bunny, what else do you think I could adore you for.” Aidene responded, teasing Ivan slightly. “uh-huh, don’t quite believe you. You’re body temperture is quite high, are you sure?”

“We have a similar hair color,” Aidene cocked her head to the side, amused at his insult. “Does that make you a dirty mop though?” She laughed slightly, but Ivan seemed rather embarrased with her teasing. She didn’t know whether it was cute or concerning? Cute. Concerning. She waited and watched as Ivan made a deal with the little kid, and returned back, his self-esteem rebuilt and happy. She shook her head and snatched the baseball cap and burned it to ashes. “Bunny, c’mon, your hair is fine. It’s natural. Much better than covered in gel in my opinion,” she spoke quietly as she opened her hand and dumped the ashes to the ground. “There.”

“Whattt,” Aidene laughed. “I am perfection, I don’t understand what you mean. It doesn’t get any better than this.” Aidene flashed Ivan a cocky grin as she pointed to herself and continued to walk on forward. “Yes…the act…well my screaming was just apart of an act as well.” Aidene lied, it definitely wasn’t. But she wouldn’t share that. “Of course I don’t lie, which means you, sir,” She pointed at him rather accusingly. “Must be lying indeed. I rest my case.”

She shrugged slightly, she hadn’t had mortal food for quite some time- it was more of a pasttime than a need…but, she also hadn’t had circus food in an even longer while. “Yes, why not?” She replied before dragging Ivan along to the food tabl.

o r p

@ethereal ~ SHOIEJ SOMETIMES!! HAHA, YES BE ALIVE TOGETHER
IT WAS AMAZING WATCHU MEAN WILIS?!

OMG :scream: I’m excited. I’ll come up with something too :wink: NO BUT IT’S TRASH SO SOWWIES.

2 Likes

Aidene shook her head. “Y’know, I’d rather have you and that says quite a bit.” Ivan didn’t know whether to feel flattered or offended, but he blushed lightly anyways. “Same,” He said, shuddering at the thought of having to date someone who you thought might kill you whenever you said or did something wrong. Although… Ivan looked at Aidene. She didn’t necessarily give off murderer vibes, but she was still the daughter of a god-deadly. She could probably burn him to a crisp in an instant although he doubted she would, she seemed like she’d be a good partner. “Hmm… Actually, I take that back. He wasn’t so bad. And he could give me piggyback rides.” Ivan told her, obviously joking. She tapped her finger against her chin, thinking. “Alright, time for my prize.” Ivan slouched. “Yeah, yeah, let’s get it over with,” he said reluctantly. “Well, I’ll decide later, for now I shall soak in the glory of my victory.” Aidene finally said. “What?” Ivan was surprised at this. Well. Now he would have to worry about what she might do to him until she came up with something. “If you say so,” He said. Now they were equal, she had won one challenge, and he had won one as well. Maybe in the future, they’d have a tiebreaker. Aidene tilted her head. “What would you have had me do?” Ivan thought for a moment. “I’m not sure, probably just something foolish.” He tilted his head and beamed at her. “But you know what? I’m glad you won. You already act foolish enough without me.”

“Yes, it’s much too advanced for your dense mind.” Aidene said smoothly, chuckling. “Please. Not only do you act like a kid, you have the brain of one, too.” Ivan told her. “Awesome, I adore that you are alive and because your are alive you aren’t cold but instead warm. That’s a bit low though, bunny, what else do you think I could adore you for?” “Aww, so sweet,” Ivan cooed.

“We have a similar hair color. Does that make you a dirty mop, though?” Aidene asked, laughing. This only made Ivan even more humiliated, and he hid his face in his hands. As he frolicked back to her, she shook her head, reaching for his cap. Before he could snatch it back from her, she burned it to ashes. “Hey! I spent two bills on that!” Ivan protested. But his hat was long gone, and so was the kid who took his money. * “Bunny, c’mon, your hair is fine. It’s natural. Much better than covered in gel in my opinion,”* Aidene tried to reassure him, but Ivan could only repeat her last few words in his head. Much better than covered in gel in my opinion. Much better than covered in gel in my opinion. I’m never gelling my hair again. I guess it doesn’t look so bad… Ivan sighed, combing his hair with his hands a few more times before giving it a rest. He watched as she dumped the ashes on the ground. “Fine, you win.” He gave in. Besides, she would just destroy anything he used to cover his hair, and he wanted to keep his hands.

“I am perfection, I don’t understand what you mean. It doesn’t get any better than this.” Aidene said, giving him a cocky grin and pointing at herself. “Sure it does. You’re looking at it.” Ivan used his hands to frame his face, sticking his tongue out. “Yes…the act…well my screaming was just apart of an act as well.” Ivan raised a brow suspiciously. “So we were both acting, then?” “Of course I don’t lie, which means you, sir, I rest my case.” “Hey, I lie, but not all the time,” Ivan protested.

She shrugged, not seeming too fond of the idea at first. “I’ll pay,” he prodded, hoping that would change her mind. “Yes, why not?” Aidene said, dragging him to the food table. The table had all sorts of carnival snacks-popcorn, cotton candy, turkey legs… Ivan’s mouth started to water. It all looked so good. “What looks good to you?” He asked Aidene, keeping his eyes on the table.

o r p

@katabasis ~

This made me laugh because she just did XDDDD

SDKJJFJFJFJFJGJ YEEE WE MUST LIVE!!!
NO ITS BAD BUT THIS ONE IS LIKE 2% BETTER

Hehe Idk if it will be that good XD You don’t have to, but I can’t wait to see if you do!!! :smiley: NO ITS NOT ITS MY LOVEEER

2 Likes

Millicent "Millie" of the Moors.

Millicent brushed the curls out of her dark tresses that hung down to her backside, Her eyes shimmered a distinct green as she sensed her mother approaching her vanity. “Millicent.” Maleficent spoke out as Millicent stood up and turned to her mother who had a somewhat mischievous yet proud smile. “The letter. The carriage have arrived as well.” Maleficent stated as she motioned Millicent to follow her.

Millicent quickly summoned the letter as the carriage awaited outside and a tree warrior firmly guarded the carriage, Maleficent and Millicent stepped into the carriage as the door shut and clasped behind them. Millicent re-read the letter with a sly smile.

Dear Millicent of the Moors,
Congratulations, student! Our systems have verified that you are indeed a child of a fairytale character, and are now inviting you to Once Upon a High! Once Upon a High is a boarding school specifically for the offspring of characters from myths, nursery rhymes, and fairytales. If you choose to attend, you will be met with luxurious dorms and meals, and the best staff in the kingdom. Classes have been specially prepared to suit the needs of each attending student, whether they be royal or commoner. No tuition is needed, just this letter to prove you are the child of a fairytale character.
We hope to see you soon,
Headmaster Grimm & Staff

Millicent then noticed a uniform and student handbook attached to the package, The handbook was useful but the uniform was…horrendous. “What is that…dreadful thing?” Maleficent piped in and picked up the uniform. Quickly turning the uniform to dust as she turned back to Millicent. “Nonsense. Your appearance is fine.” Maleficent stated with a wicked grin. Soon enough they arrived as the carriage came to a halt. The fresh wood cricked beneath the stone ground.

Millicent was guided out of the carriage by the tree warrior as she bid her mother farewell, Millicent approached the school as students big and small turned to her and gasped. Some were clearly appalled while some were curious. Whispers filled the hall as Millicent entered the main building.

Millicent wore a long black gown engrossed in a bright green pattern alongside excessively long sleeves that had the appearance of flames. Millicent quickly put away her dragon-styled wand. Millicent walked down the hall as her heels clicked against the clean marble flooring.

Millicent looked around momentarily until deciding to approach the receptionist. Millicent stopped in front of the desk as she awaited service.

ORP:

APPROACHABLE

4 Likes

“You aren’t afraid I’d burn you to crisp,” Aidene quipped, smiling slightly. She wouldn’t burn Ivan alive though, from her time with she had come to enjoy appreciate Ivan’s company. Honestly, Ivan seemed like he would be a decent partner- much better then previous options. “You’re sure he wouldn’t have murdered you instead?” Although a little tug on her stomach made her feel slightly guilty for having abused her power to have cheated the boy to reach such anger to Ivan. She wondered what would happen if Ivan discovered she did that, probably lose any relationship they had built during this time. Which would disappoint her sincerely. She smirked slightlya t his reaction, “You know, patience is a virtue. It’s more enjoyable this way.” From her challenges they had each won one, she wasn’t sure if she would suggest one, but obviously, Ivan was someone to contend with. It was delightful for once, to have such a worthy opponent. Aidene stuck her tongue out at him before replying, “Oh please, it’s called having a nice time. You should join me some time.” Although, this was definitely the most fun and interesting time Aidene had with anyone in ages, from rolling in the grass to laughing him with him in a tavern…it was enjoyable to say the least.

“Says the dense one,” Aidene responded. “I’ll take it with a grain of salt.” She shrugged one shoulder and lifted her head and smiled cheekily at him. “Ah, but you didn’t give me a response,” she kicked her legs slightly. “Anyways, you’re cold again, so now that’s over.”

Aidene raised an eyebrow, bemused by his wording, “Do you know even amount you spent?” She paused before waving a dismissive wave although catologing it into her mind, the interesting choice of words. “Whatever, doesn’t matter, two bills of anything wasn’t worth it.” Aidene wasn’t sure her attempts at reassurance was successful, but Ivan eventually sighed and messed with his hair before letting it go. She gave a knowing smile, “Like always. 9/10 times, I’ll win.” She patted his shoulder sympathetically, “If you’re that bothered than we can find you a brush and mirror somewhere. But I’m pretty sure no one cares what your hair looks like here.”

“What,” Aidene squinted her eyes as if she was attempting to view something extremely tiny. “Nah, I don’t see anything.” She gave an innocent look before replying, “It seems so, doesn’t it.” They were both lying and she knew it She gave him a small smirk, “That’s what they all claim,” she spoke in a sing-songy voice as she ignored his protests. “Besides, like you said, lying all the time isn’t completely bad.”

“Ah, what a gentlemen, free food it is then.” She laughed slightly. They reached the food table, all sorts of snacks and treats native to the carnival setting, she laughed at his expression. She inclined her head slightly towards the cotton candy, “Cotton candy,” she remarked quietly as a small memory floated to the surface of her last trip to the circus. She crossed her arms slightly, before asking, “Blue or pink?” She turned to Ivan, “This is a very serious question.”

o r p

@river ~ hehe that was the idea :wink: Aidene herself is an oxymoron
YESS INDEED
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU GROW EACH TIME FROM YOUR ALREADY PERFECT POSTSSS

Give it a try :eyes: :scream: But I have a few ideas :smirk: kissing booth no honestly thats just me not having any idea on what to do except that Netflix movie XDD YOUR POSTS ARE MY LOVER TOO THENNN

2 Likes

Matt Carpet with Haneul Iseul Jae-Hwa

Matt was just slightly confused by the contents of her bag, but anyone else would either be much more confused than he was or they would not think anything of it. Matt on the other hand found her belongings, such as sparkling jewels and a diamond ring all too familiar. He had known Amira since he was little, so he knew of her affinity for sparkling objects. There just wasn’t anything Matt could do if this girl had stolen the objects. He would have difficulties communicating it to anyone, let alone proving it, or even being sure if it was stolen goods. Unable to do anything about it, he just passed her the objects he picked up and her notebook. He looked her over, noticing her eye roll and her unique hair and skin. She definitely seemed different from anyone else he had met. Once Matt helped her gather everything he pulled a small scrap of paper from his pocket that he had and held it where the girl could see it. It wasn’t much, but it had a couple of things he usually had to say to people on it. ‘My name is Matt.’

@katabasis

3 Likes

”You aren’t afraid I’d burn you to crisp?” Aidene quipped, her smile still present on her face. “Nah, you’re too much of a softie,” Ivan teased. He was genuinely sure she wouldn’t hurt him since they were pretty close now after all they been through that day. Unless… he wondered what she’d think if she found out why he’d spoken to her in the first place. Maybe he deserved to be burned to a crisp. ”You’re sure he wouldn’t have murdered you instead?” Aidene asked him. No. “Nah, just like you, HES probably a big ol’ softie,” Ivan joked, although from what he’d seen, that guy was anything but. Still most people had a soft spot, kind of like what he had for Aidene and he was sure muscle man was no exception. He had said some pretty nice things to Aidene after he picked her to be more attractive. Beautiful inside and out. ”You know, patience is a virtue. It’s more enjoyable this way.” Aidene was saving. “Yeah, yeah.” Ivan said unhappily. “Maybe for you.” He wondered what she would make him do. Hopefully nothing too stupid. Even though he was a sore loser, losing to Aidene wasn’t so bad Aidene was pretty fun to compete with. Ivan looked forwards to more competitions in his short future at the school. ”Oh please, it’s called having a nice time. You should join me some time.“ “No thanks. I’d rather keep my brain cells intact.” Ivan said, laughing. He had to admit, during his day with Aidene they hadn’t done much besides fool around. ~~But he liked it. ~~

“Says the dense one. I’ll take it with a grain of salt.” “Why don’t you choke on that grain of salt while you’re at it?” Ivan asked, like he was talking to a child. ”Ah, but you didn’t give me a response” Aidene told him, taking her head off his shoulder and smiling at him. ”Anyways, you’re cold again, so now that’s over.” Ivan did feel cold as she left his shoulder and a shiver ran down his spine. “I-“ Ivan began, but he was getting lost in his thoughts again. “You’re the one with the leather jacket. I don’t see why you’d need warming up.” He smirked, but it was hard to manage when he felt so…fluttery weird inside.

”Do you know even amount you spent?“ Aidene asked with disbelief. Ivan wasn’t used to spending Once Upon A Kingdom’s currency, but he was pretty sure two of those green bills amounted to around ten dollars - or nine euros if he was in France. ”Whatever, doesn’t matter, two bills of anything wasn’t worth it.” Aidene said, waving him off before he could answer. “It wasn’t that bad,” Ivan protested, taking a moment to look down at the sad heap of ashes. ”Like always. 9/10 times, I’ll win.“ Ivan pouted. “It’s not my fault I can’t burn things with my hands,” he whined dramatically. “ If you’re that bothered than we can find you a brush and mirror somewhere. But I’m pretty sure no one cares what your hair looks like here.” Ivan shook his head, still lost in a daze. Much better than covered in gel in my opinion. Much better than covered in gel in my opinion. He couldn’t get her words out of his head. “No, no, it’s not a big deal,” he said somewhat absentmindedly.

“ Nah, I don’t see anything,” Aidene squinted at him, pretending she couldn’t see the perfection he claimed to have. “You’re blind.” Ivan declared. “ It seems so, doesn’t it.” “Ah, well, great minds think alike,” Ivan said, delivering one of his father’s favorite quotes. “Besides, like you said, lying all the time isn’t completely bad.” Aidene turned his words against him, which Ivan usually didn’t like, but it was her it wasn’t so bad this time. “Aww, look, we’re agreeing on something,” Ivan joked. “Get the camera!”

“Ah, what a gentlemen, free food it is then,” Aidene laughed and Ivan’s smile widened with pride. Not even the devil would refuse free food. She laughed at his wide eyes and open mouth before replying, “ Cotton candy,” Ivan peered over at the puffs of cotton candy, three gold pieces each. It had been a long time since had had the treat. A very long time. “Sounds good,” Ivan agreed. She crossed her arms. “Blue or pink? This is a very serious question.” Ivan scratched the back of his neck. “Pink,” he decided, hoping that wasn’t the wrong answer if there was one.

o r p

@katabasis OMG I FORGOT TO REPLY TO THE ADORABLE PART FORGIVE ME

Omg :rofl::rofl: we love our little oxymoron!

NOT TRUE I GROW IN REVERSE // get worse LOL

I mean I’m totally down :smirk::smirk::smirk: how would it work? Would they have to kiss someone else :scream: or each other :thinking::face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp: ahhh I wanna see thAt movie!

OMG WE HAVE TOO MANY LOVERS :cowboy_hat_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:dumpling: image - Millicent
As Li Jun made his way into the school, he couldn’t help but admire the architecture. It was sturdy and well built with gorgeous stained glass windows, eloquent chandeliers, and velvet rugs with golden tassels. Feeling as if he were dreaming, Li Jun slowly let his hand glide along the hallway walls, still taking everything in. The hallways had a few students, but most people were still arriving outside. Li Jun gave them an earnest smile. Maybe they’d have some classes together and be friends. Unfortunately, his moment was ruined when he stopped paying attention to where he was going.

Tripping over his own feet, Li Jun tumbled to the ground with a thump. His glasses slid across the polished marble floor, and his book bag opened, sending his books everywhere. His vision was blurry, but he could see that he had landed at the feet of someone wearing a long black and green dress. He looked up at them, but he couldn’t make out their face, “Er… hello there,” he said, flushing with embarrassment.

@ForeverAngel

3 Likes

Millicent "Millie" of the Moors.

Millicent tapped her heel impatiently waiting.
Perhaps I should just leave this wretched school. Millicent thought.
The sleek and pristine style of the school was gorgeous but it wasn’t enough for Millicent to stay under such unreasonable conditions.

Millicent broke out of her train of thought when she heard a loud thud along with the skid of glasses, One of the lens had cracked as Millicent shot a glance at the boy who was face-first into the marble floor. His books where everywhere and pencils slid in every direction. Clearly he was in a bit of pain into which Millie just sighed as the boy attempted to lean forward a bit and look up at Millicent.

“Er… hello there,” The boy said, flushing with embarrassment. What an imbecile. Millie thought. Regardless he looked like a lost puppy and Millie couldn’t help but feel sorry for his clumsy nature. With a quick motion of her finger a small wisp of green mist swirled around the books and other scattered supplies quickly gathering his belongings and placing them neatly back into his bag.

Millicent lifted his body with a whirl of her magic as she forcefully stood him upright. “I assume you need these.” Millicent stated as she handed him his now fixed glasses. Millicent noticed the scuff on his shoe. He had clearly tripped over his own two feet. “Your the child of a fairy tale character…And you tripped over your own feet?” Millicent stated with a raised eyebrow in a slightly teasing manner.

Boop.

@ethereal - Li Jun!

4 Likes

dbc7ca4cbc0feaa780fb50269f96e87645582403_2_516x99

When after leaving a few bites of fish on the plate along with a lot of chips, most of them those most delicious peaces, I took the notebook back I started reading as always. I wasn’t watching her reaction as she read it as I began thinking she might not like it and find it weird and uncomfortable when I do it, so instead I focused on my food. Now I didn’t know if what I should expect is a positive or a negative response. To the first piece about women empowerment I expected a negative comment since I kept digging and digging up that rabbit hole. Her words, however, surprised me in the most delightful way.

It’s okay, I wasn’t offended. I was just trying to make you feel better, but I took it the wrong way

Thanks god, I thought your opinion of me was vastly changed by a saying I didn’t even think through. I was hoping you would answer something simmilar to this, but thought it was too surreal to actually happen.

I really like how you worded that. I agree. Still, I think you’re perfect just the way you are!

Thank you, but I can see this is only a compliment out of pity. I know it’s a pity comment since you commended me on my wording, and looking back at the sentence I don’t know what I was talking about and that was only a few minutes ago. But thank you for trying to cheer me up anyways.

Again, thank you very much for your pity comments, but if I were anywhere close to perfect I wouldn’t be uncontrollably killing something you’re interested in. I know I have other qualities but then again, doesn’t everybody?

Oh, I see, that makes sense. I haven’t read ‘The Overcoat’, but it sounds funny, at least that part! That is a rather silly name…

Yes. Imagine, if you were a man and you had a son in Denmark, your son’s last name would be Tatianasson. Like we, slavic deities put ich after our first names to created our sons’ last names, the Danish put sson. I’ve heard somewhere Fitz is also an english for of it, except it could also be used in first names. Like Fitzwilliam meant son of William, a nd Fitzherbert meant … well you know.

It’s okay! I’d love to tell you it someday so you can decide.

That sounds lovley. It might be odd since I’ve heard that story many times, but still don’t remeber how it goes … I think if you were to tell me how it goes I would get nostalgic for my baby days.

I’d like to hear your story sometime, too.

There’s not much to tell. I sure do read a lot of stories, but that’s for lack of my own. I don’t know what you expect me doing alone with my family and a lot of books, no friends and my imagination and sometimes some human entertainment other than books. It wasn’t lonely in my life, but I can assure oyu my story is not worth telling. Everything I’ve told you up to know is all you need to know to not get bored.

I’m sorry. I’m sure his heart was in the right place, though.
Yes it was … He protected humans since it’s not only his creation to meddle with and he loved me too. He didn’t hate me becuase I could potentionally ruin all human’s and animals life on Earth, he just knew he had to shelter me from it during my childhood since as a baby all the way up to your teen years you don’t tend to understand the reasoning behind your parent’s disallowing you someting so most of the time you end up doing just what you told. And then you enter the rebellion ages when you get the most stressed and stuff. Up until you’re an adult you start begining to understand why parents told you not to touch a socket with a fork, or to go out with a bunch of middle aged men with cameras and no tracable personality on internet.

I’ll try to check one out sometime, the ones you described sound super interesting! Which book is your favorite? I’m not too good at reading, and I try not to think about politics too much, but I still think it’s important I learn about them.

Well my favorite book changes every so often. My favorite from a few years ago, however, still stands. And I might be overenthisiastic here, but I think this will be your favorite book too. I know you mst’ve heard of it since it’s an amazing book no high school fails to mention. “Catcher in the Rye” never gets old and it’s still and fun and as rebeliouss and emotional as the first day it was published. I think every teenager should read this novel and you certainly because it seems you’ll be very surpriseed by the book. Oh god, I’m babbling again.

I’ve heard that before, it makes sense. That’s really interesting though, I think raspy but sweet fits you!
It really doesn’t though. I mean I supposed by the looks of me a sweet voice would suit me, but raspy? I wish. I think the Phantom of the opera has a raspy but sweet voice, not a guy who looks nothing more than cute by normal standards.

@ethereal - ORP - It’s okay, you’re allowed to be busy, just like I was this morning and last night

3 Likes

Haneul Iseul Jae-Hwa || Outside OUH - with Matt Carpet

Hanuel was quite ready to be on her way, she appreciated the help but at the same time, she would’ve preferred to be left alone to pick up her belongings. She had swung her satchel around her shoulder and stood up swiftly and was about to continue to walk when she saw a piece of paper where the boy held it out. She paused, he couldn’t have known she couldn’t hear, she looked slowly at him and considered the blonde haired boy for a moment.

"My name is Matt.’ She was quiet as she read the tiny piece of paper and handed it back to Matt. She reached in her satchel where her notebook was and for a pen, normally, she’d have ignored anyone. But if there was multiple deaf people in this school, maybe for once she wouldn’t be an odd one out. In the midst of people, Hanuel took her time, writing in English, which wasn’t her first language… She finally came up with:

‘Hello. My name is Hanuel…are you deaf too?’

@Littlefeets ~ Matt Carpet

:fire: :sunny: Aidene || Carnival || with Ivan :fire: :sunny:

“Why don’t you choke on that grain of salt while you’re at it?”

“I would never deprive this world of myself,” Aidene responded indigiantly, lying. She had for the quite a large amount of her lifetime, and she probably would do it in a heartbeat if she was able to. Truth be told, if Aidene just stayed on the sun, she wouldn’t have done many of the things she had done and many people would be living their lives happy and healthy… She wondered what would happen if Ivan ever found out things she did… “I never said it was needed,” Aidene replied off-handedly still a little lost in her own mind. “Just that it was nice.”

“You’re blind.” Aidene scoffed, and shook her head and gave a dismissive wave. “I’m the blind one? Lies, pure lies.” She couldn’t help but think of something her mother once told her, But fools rarely differ. From when she was a kid and most kids teased her for the lack of money, as if all of them were focused on the wealth someone had. “That’s another thing going to ashes,” Aidene responded in the same joking manner. “That’s going to have to be passed on by the word of mouth, which is, very unreliable by the way.”

She gave him an inquisitive look, “Pink? Nope, blue tastes better. I like the color better as well.” One of Aidene’s favorite colors were probably blue, or at least, they ranked rather high on the colors. Blue and Red, that’s what many things she had were composed of. She liked blue quite a lot, because it was also her mother’s favorite color… and Aidene wanted to connect with her mother in some shape or form. She caught the attention of the seller, who smiled delightfully and was an old lady. A very familiar old lady. Her wisps of old, graying hair and brown eyes, it was such a familiar face, she was surprised.

The Ademaide Circus

“Oh, dearie, I never thought I’d see you again,” croaked the old lady. Aidene’s face paled slightly, as she thought to herself. Oh, f-ck no. “You were a tiny thing when I last saw you, tell me how’s your father doing.”

“I-I think you have the wrong person-” Aidene managed to stammer out.

“No-no-no,” The old woman tutted. “I remeber you well, long hair, dark eyes and your fiery attitude, child.” The woman paused for a moment, “Your father called you Aiden when you picked the blue cotton candy and you were rather annoyed, no I remeber you well.” Her eye flicked over to Ivan and she beamed slightly, “Oh who’s this? Well I shouldn’t be surprised, someone as pretty as you could find anyone-”

“This is a friend,” Aidene interrupted lightly motioning to Ivan. “His name’s Ivan.” She cleared her throat lightly before continuing. “It’s nice to see you again.” Although it was anything but, while the woman most surely had no idea who her or her father was exactly, but, it was quite scary to have someone recall her- in fact how… “Either way, I’m glad your doing fine now.”

“Yes, yes, yes, I’m doing quite fine after than incident at the last circus,” The old woman winked slightly at Aidene, no doubt recalling exactly what she did. “I’m very indebeted to you, you helped many people that day, but look at old me, Marigold’s rambling once again, they’ll think. What can I get for you? Anything, it’s all on the house, dearies.”

o r p

@ethereal ~ IT’S ALRIGHT DON’T FRETTTT

:joy: yes yes we do

LIESSSS YOU GET BETTER YOU QUEEN

:eyes: However you want to play it XDD :smiling_imp:

YES, YES WEEE DOOOOO :joy:

I hope you like this badly written scene XDD

3 Likes

:crescent_moon: Merthiel Pacefa :crescent_moon:
with Valentina Amour Cupid

Strawberryhead let out a nervous laugh, to which Merthiel twitched a brow on. She caught a glimpse of the girl opening her mouth to speak, but as soon as she did, Merthiel stood back up—ending in ignoring Valentina’s answer. Plus, her voice was kept low, not really enough for Merthiel to hear at the distance she grew back.

She chuckled, rather boastful, as she convinced herself the opposite of what she’s thinking—that Valentina knows her true intentions. “This is ridiculous. How could you, Valentina Strawberryhead, think that there’s protection against me? I suspect we don’t even have the same thoughts as each other.” Well, it’s not like her intentions are that bad… or so she thinks, at least. She has not even started yet, and she definitely had not talked about it to anyone.

Merthiel placed her hands on her hips, looking at Valentina with her chin kept high on her level. Valentina was slightly shorter than her, which made her look like she was literally looking down on her. Well, she grew up not using her whole head to look down.

The girl flushed, pressing her lips together, as if she was embarrassed about something. Merthiel rose a brow. What was that for? she thought, and if her nervous suspicions never arose, then she wouldn’t have cared less. She couldn’t bear anyone knowing why she’s here, and as people here are way far from her village, she knows it’s gonna be a lot harder here. This time, her biggest advantage was no more.

But she is Hecate’s daughter, the one and only goddess who was given power over heaven, earth, and sea. What could go wrong?

“Oh, that kind of protection…” Merthiel looked more intently at Valentina, who was speaking awkwardly in front of her. “Well, I hadn’t considered it. You don’t plan to hurt me, do you, Merthiel?”

Merthiel’s ears perked up at the pinkhead’s question. Not feeling so confident after that, she laughed in a different way as she wandered her eyes off around the grand ceilings of Once Upon a High. “HA! HA!” It was rather loud, but she soon stopped as soon as her eyes landed on Valentina’s Strawberryhead once again.

Hurt you?” she repeated after staring at her for seconds. “It depends.”

@ethereal

3 Likes

:dumpling: image - Millicent
Click, Click, Click… Li Jun could see her shoe tapping against the polished floor, as if she were getting impatient with him. He couldn’t see her well, but she appeared to have dark, wavy hair and striking eyes. From what he could see of her expression, along with her impatient foot-taping, Li Jun could tell he had annoyed her. I’ve just arrived and already, I’ve annoyed someone… Hanging his head shamefully, Li Jun began to paw around for his spectacles. He got on his hands and knees and crawled a little ways, but they were nowhere to be found. He kept his eyes on the ground, he didn’t want her to see his red face. Just as he was about to give up on his search and apologize to the girl, he felt a mist swirling around him. His eyes were wide as he was surrounded by the green fog-Had she decided to put a curse on him? He closed his eyes tightly-hoping this entire day was just a horrible dream.

When his eyes finally fluttered open, Li Jun was on his feet, his bag on his back, and the girl from earlier was holding something out to him-his spectacles. “I assume you need these.” Taking them quickly and putting them on, Li Jun smiled nervously. He was sure he had heard them crack when they fell-but they were good as new. And his belongings were no longer scattered about… Li Jun studied the girl in front of him. She was very pretty, and did have dark wavy hair and green eyes. Li Jun gave a little bow, still a bit frightened from the idea of being put under a curse. “Indeed, I do. Th-Thank you so much…fair maiden.” He said this gratefully, unsure what to call her. “You’re the child of a fairy tale character…And you tripped over your own feet?” The girl teased, raising en eyebrow. Li Jun turned a bit pink. “Sorry, I guess I wasn’t looking where I was going…” He admitted. She was pretty friendly for someone who could perform such ominous magic. *This was his first opportunity to make a friend. Don’t screw this up, Li Jun!

bippity boppity boop!

@ForeverAngel ~ Millicent “Millie” of the Moors! :smiley:

Tatiana had almost finished her food-she still had one burger and a few fries. She finished her last burger while she waited for him to reply. It was a delicious meal, although her stomach had already started to hurt from eating so much. She noticed he wasn’t looking at her while she read anymore, and couldn’t decide how that made her feel. When she got the pad back, he had written a lot. Their conversations were slowly getting longer, which Tatiana liked. This meant that they were becoming friends-two friends in one day!

Thank god, I thought your opinion of me was vastly changed by a saying I didn’t even think through. I was hoping you would answer something similar to this, but thought it was too surreal to actually happen.

Tatiana smiled gently at this, she hadn’t meant to worry him so much. It was all just a misunderstanding. I knew you weren’t that kind of person, she reassured him. I hope I didn’t change your opinion of me too much either!

Thank you, but I can see this is only a compliment out of pity. I know it’s a pity comment since you commended me on my wording, and looking back at the sentence I don’t know what I was talking about and that was only a few minutes ago. But thank you for trying to cheer me up anyways. Again, thank you very much for your pity comments, but if I were anywhere close to perfect I wouldn’t be uncontrollably killing something you’re interested in. I know I have other qualities but then again, doesn’t everybody?

Tatiana’s smile wavered. No one was perfect, that was true. Still, she thought Lav seemed like a good person, and should be more confident in that. Maybe she did pity him, though, because of his past. Just a bit. You’re welcome. Tatiana didn’t want to admit she felt a bit of pity, that would probably just make him feel bad. No one’s perfect, but your abilities aren’t your fault. Besides, if you can learn how to control them, you’ll be really powerful! And besides, it was just a cheap plant. I’m not really interested in gardening.

Yes. Imagine, if you were a man and you had a son in Denmark, your son’s last name would be Tatianasson. Like we, Slavic deities put ich after our first names to created our sons’ last names, the Danish put sson. I’ve heard somewhere Fitz is also an English for of it, except it could also be used in first names. Like Fitzwilliam meant son of William, and Fitzherbert meant … well you know.

Tatiana’s blue eyes widened a bit at this. This was a very interesting concept. So my son would be Fitztatiana, then? She asked. It sounded a bit funny, probably a last name her son would be made fun of for. And yours, Fitzlav? She thought about it. If her mother was a man, she’d probably be Tatiana Fitztinker, which sounded goofy. That’s really interesting, though. They didn’t do that back in Pixie Hollow.

That sounds lovely. It might be odd since I’ve heard that story many times, but still don’t remember how it goes … I think if you were to tell me how it goes I would get nostalgic for my baby days. There’s not much to tell. I sure do read a lot of stories, but that’s for lack of my own. I don’t know what you expect me doing alone with my family and a lot of books, no friends and my imagination and sometimes some human entertainment other than books. It wasn’t lonely in my life, but I can assure you my story is not worth telling. Everything I’ve told you up to know is all you need to know to not get bored.

It’s a good story. It makes me nostalgic too, as I heard it plenty of times during my childhood. Tatiana wrote. I’m sure your story is just as interesting as mine! I understand if you don’t want to tell it though. Tatiana found reading boring, but didn’t mind listening to others talking about themselves or their stories. She loved the way they told them, you could discover a lot about a person by how they told their story.

Yes it was … He protected humans since it’s not only his creation to meddle with and he loved me too. He didn’t hate me because I could potentially ruin all human’s and animals life on Earth, he just knew he had to shelter me from it during my childhood since as a baby all the way up to your teen years you don’t tend to understand the reasoning behind your parent’s disallowing you something so most of the time you end up doing just what you told. And then you enter the rebellion ages when you get the most stressed and stuff. Up until you’re an adult you start beginning to understand why parents told you not to touch a socket with a fork, or to go out with a bunch of middle aged men with cameras and no traceable personality on internet.

The way he spoke about his father, he sounded like a god of some sorts. Lav was obviously very powerful. It saddened Tatiana that Lav had been sheltered so much his whole life. I’m sorry, that sounds awful. Parents can be pretty overprotective. Although sometimes it’s for the best, you deserve to go where you want and see new things.

Well my favorite book changes every so often. My favorite from a few years ago, however, still stands. And I might be overenthusiastic here, but I think this will be your favorite book too. I know you must’ve heard of it since it’s an amazing book no high school fails to mention. “Catcher in the Rye” never gets old and it’s still and fun and as rebellious and emotional as the first day it was published. I think every teenager should read this novel and you certainly because it seems you’ll be very surprised by the book. Oh god, I’m babbling again.

Tatiana knew what he meant, her favorite things changed often too. Growing up, you go through phases, especially with books, it makes sense. Catcher in the Rye sounds really interesting, although I’ve never heard of it. I’ll have to check it out at the library sometime, Tatiana wrote. Now that they were friends, she’d certainly be reading a lot more. Have you ever read Little Women? That was the most interesting book Tatiana had read in school.

It really doesn’t though. I mean I supposed by the looks of me a sweet voice would suit me, but raspy? I wish. I think the Phantom of the opera has a raspy but sweet voice, not a guy who looks nothing more than cute by normal standards.

I still think it fits you. You look like you could be either sweet or serious at first glance. Tatiana insisted. With his dark hair and intense eyes, Lav definitely looked like he could have a raspy voice. I wonder what I would sound like, if I could speak.

o r p

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Thank you so much for understanding!

TW : Thoughts get a bit dark in the blurred areas :warning:
“I would never deprive this world of myself.” Aidene responded. “All the world would thank that grain of salt,” Ivan joked. He wanted to keep the mood light, the topic was getting heavy. Of course, Aidene was his friend now, and he would never speak those words to her- or to anyone- seriously. There had been plenty of times in his life when he wanted to just disappear. He was a disaster-he could never wash their blood from his hands. He would never be the boy he was before. “I never said it was needed. Just that it was nice.” Aidene replied. Still lost in his thoughts, Ivan nodded, barely hearing what she had said. “Y-Yeah…” He said, his eyes glazed over.

“I’m the blind one? Lies, pure lies.” Aidene scoffed. “So blind, you can’t even see your own lies,” Ivan said, shaking his head like a disappointed parent. * “That’s another thing going to ashes,”* Aidene said. “That’s going to have to be passed on by word of moth, which is very unreliable by the way.” Ivan rolled his eyes, smiling and trying to think of something good to say. “You know, burning everything you don’t like isn’t going to solve all your problems,” He teased finally.

“Pink? Nope, blue tastes better. I like the color better as well.” “Blue?” Ivan shook his head. “Blue’s okay, but pink tastes way better.” He smiled at her. “I expected you to have better taste in cotton candy, considering your taste in friends.” He pointed to himself. He didn’t mind the color blue, but pink was his favorite color-specifically light pink. Clothing-wise, he preferred varying shades of grey. The seller was smiling delightfully at them, but to Ivan, her smile was eerie. She had deep brown eyes and thin, graying hair. Ivan dug around in his pocket, for his stash of gold coins.

“Oh, dearie, I never thought I’d see you again.” Ivan’s head snapped back up and he peered curiously at the elderly woman. Was that meant at him? The woman was staring at Aidene, who had gone quite pale in the face. Ivan leaned forwards, his eyes narrowed. What was this woman’s deal? “You were a tiny thing when I last saw you, tell me how’s your father doing.” Ivan looked at Aidene, confused. What was going on?

“I-I think you have the wrong person-” Aidene was stammering, something Ivan never thought she would do. “No, no, no… I remember you well. Long hair, dark eyes, and your fiery attitude, child.” The old woman paused. “Your father called you Aiden when you picked the blue cotton candy and you were rather annoyed, no I remember you well.” Ivan looked back to Aidene, half concerned, half irritated. This old woman had clearly lost her mind. “Let’s go,” He mouthed to her. This woman obviously had the wrong girl. Why would Aidene’s father call her by the wrong name-a boy’s name at that? He tugged on her sleeve, but the old woman wasn’t finished. Her beady eyes well on Ivan. “Oh who’s this? Well I shouldn’t be surprised, someone as pretty as you could find anyone-” Ivan felt his cheeks flush and he tried to protest.

“This is a friend. His name’s Ivan." Aidene said, before he could say the same thing. Maybe she did know this woman. Ivan nodded cautiously. “Nice to meet you,” He said, suspiciously. “It’s nice to see you again.” Aidene said, confirming Ivan’s guess that she had met this woman before. Letting his hand fall from her sleeve, Ivan stared at her blankly.

When the woman mentioned an incident, Ivan perked up a bit. “Incident?” He asked Aidene under his breath. She’d mentioned having been to the circus before, but never a certain incident… “I’m very indebted to you, you helped many people that day, but look at old me, Marigold’s rambling once again, they’ll think. What can I get for you? Anything, it’s all on the house, dearies.” No, no, go on, Ivan thought, as the woman began to move the conversation away from Aidene’s incident and back towards their purchase. “You don’t have to do that,” Ivan said, placing six small coins on the table. “Two cotton candies please, one blue, one pink.”

o r p

@katabasis ~ IM FRETTINGGGGG

NOOO YOU GODDESS YOU GET BETTER

:smirk: Well in that caseee… let’s come up with a kissing booth so our ship can sailllllllll

HEHEHEHE
NO IT WAS GOOD AND MARIGOLDDD HER NAME IS SO PRETTY

Look! I found Aidene’s Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/tashimrod/?hl=en :eyes:

:bow_and_arrow: image - Merthiel
She noticed Merthiel’s brow was twitching slightly, annoyed. As she stood up and leaned back to her original spot, she didn’t seem to hear what Valentina had said. She chuckled pridefully, sending a shiver down Valentina’s spine once again. What was this girl up to? It would be hard to help her find true love if she kept cackling like that. Perhaps this girl would never want her help-she seemed insistent on not wanting to talk. Valentina shifted her weight to her right side. Her body felt sore from standing still for such a long time.

She placed her hands on her lips, chin high. Valentina wasn’t necessarily short, but Merthiel was quite tall, and seemed to be looking down on her like a giant. Valentina looked up at her, keeping a friendly-and slightly anxious- grin on her face.

Merthiel’s brow stayed risen as Valentina blushed and stammered, trying to get words out. “Oh, that kind of protection…” Merthiel said, sounding a bit relieved, as if she had expected something else. Valentina pressed her lips together, not wanting to go on. “Mmm.”

Merthiel perked up slightly at her question, and then cackled once again. Valentina took a step back-reflexes-her eyes wide, and fists clenched. She didn’t want to fight Merthiel, but she also wanted to, well, stay alive. The girl was now staring at Valentina intensely. “Hurt you?” She asked, after a moment of staring. “It depends.” “O-On what?” Valentina asked her, stepping a bit closer once again.

o r p

@Nil ~ Sorry this is kinda short! :frowning:

4 Likes

:fire: :sunny: Aidene || Carnival || with Ivan :fire: :sunny:

Aidene laughed and shook her head, “I thought I didn’t lie, bunny? What’s with the sudden attack,” Aidene replied teasingly, acting as if she was geuinely hurt. “You know, burning everything you don’t like isn’t going to solve all your problems,” Aidene gave a small sigh before shrugging. “No, but it does solve most of them.”

“Yes, blue, always blue.” Aidene shrugged and made a face, “Nope, nope, and no. I don’t know where you get cotton candy, but blue is superior.” Aidene shook her head and replied. “Ah, I think they’re pretty similar,” she glanced at him slightly. “Take that as you will.” Her taste in cotton candy was as good as her partners. Clothing-wise, Aidene could wear red, she just never found anything red that she liked, seeing as red was equated to seductive. She would most likely wear grays, black and white. Neutral, muted tones, which was quite a contrast to herself.

Throughout the entire conversation with the woman, Ivan was confused which only made Aidene want it to stop even more. Eventually they strayed from the incident at the circus, she knew Ivan was curious, she could plainly see that. “Incident?” Aidene’s eyes flicked between the circus tents as she recalled the burning of the circus… How could that help anyone? At all?

“You don’t have to do that. Two cotton candies please, one blue, one pink.” The old woman pushed the coins back at Ivan and shook her head, “There are a few things I have to do. I want to do.” She beams at Aidene who turned away, as if studying the intricate patterns of the circus tents. “I think you would agree wouldn’t you, miss?”

The woman brought out the cotton candy cleanly, and handed one to Ivan and one to Aidene. “If you ever want to talk with me, Aidene, I’m always here.” She laughed deeply, “Just try not to get me kicked out of the circus, it’s very hard to find anymore nowadays.” The old woman turned to another couple who had approached, and left Aidene slightly dumbstruck. She blinked a few times before recovering and put the coins in Ivan’s hand. “Keep your money, she doesn’t want it.”

She tugged Ivan along from the booth, rather forcefully and began to walk down a random path of the circus. “Old people,” Aidene muttered slightly.

o r p

@ethereal ~ THATS NOW ILLEGAL

NOOO YOUUUU :sob:

ayeeee, to le PMsss

:wink:
XDD IT JUST CAME TO ME (i think that’s where I’ll have Macy work for money-)

AHHHH TASHI RODRIGUEZ- YOU SO PRETTY :drooling_face:

2 Likes

dbc7ca4cbc0feaa780fb50269f96e87645582403_2_516x99

Finally finishing my meal I excuse myself in her notebook and shortly visit the bathroom. I was my hands before exiting and dry them off in my shirt so when I grab her notebook again I don’t stain the pages with water. I came back to see she wrote something when I was gone and noticed it was quite a lot. Instead of sitting down when she saw me approach I walk up behind her and start reading what she wrote behind her shoulder.

It was all just a misunderstanding. I knew you weren’t that kind of person

Instead of going into detail over this compliment that made my day I just write “Thank you, this made my day.”. It would also be a very weird and uncomfortable pose to obtain, writing an essay from behind her shoulder.

I kept reading on to see what else she wrote before we leave.
I hope I didn’t change your opinion of me too much either!
“Not at all!” I wrote

No one’s perfect, but your abilities aren’t your fault. Besides, if you can learn how to control them, you’ll be really powerful! And besides, it was just a cheap plant. I’m not really interested in gardening.

“I tried that, didn’t work.”

So my son would be Fitztatiana, then?

“I think only male names get carried like that”

Parents can be pretty overprotective.
“In my case especially.”

Have you ever read Little Women?

“I was going to read it, but didn’t.”

You look like you could be either sweet or serious at first glance.
“Again, thank you!”

I took her book and standing there I wrote “Do you know where my dorm might be? Or even where student rotations are being held at? Basically I’m as lost as alice and I might get as mad as a hatter.”

I gave it back to her. Now that we’ve both finished eating I wanted to settle in. I have been carrying my letter in m pocket and my package alongside me everywhere.

@ethereal - sorry for short respone, couldn’t be bothere to do anything today

3 Likes