Final Fantasy XIV

This is a thread dedicated to all things related to the MMORPG Final Fantasy 14. I’ve only been playing since October but I’ve finished the MSQ and doing optional content plus just playing with my friends!

I got into the game because I was introduced to the whole world of Final Fantasy through my boyfriend, I’ve completed 7, 9, 10 and the main story of 14 as I stated but I’m also playing 8 and 12! Out of all of those, FF14 is the only MMORPG.

For those who don’t know, @ShanniiWrites also plays this, we’re on different data centres though cries. (Hehe Shannii I tagged you because I thought you’d wanna see this thread)

Anyway a few things about my character:

Name: Scarlette Ecarlate
Main Job: Dancer
Race: Elezen, Duskwight

Now some questions:

If you haven’t played it, would you want to?

If you have played it:

Favourite expansion?
Favourite dungeon?
Favourite trial?
Favourite raid?
Favourite area?
Favourite song?
Favourite job?

(Feel free to do a top 3, 5 or 10)

@Gamers

2 Likes

This is so hard to choose! Endwalker was amazing but I wouldn’t have got so emotional if that was the only expansion I’d played, a lot of it is pay off because it’s completing the first saga! But it was literally amazing! Other than that, I believe I prefer Stormblood to Heavensward just slightly both are very very good. Then Shadowbringers just kinda walks in and stole both their thunder :joy: it’s so hard to choose!

I’m gonna do top 3

(Spoilers for the names of the final dungeons for Stormblood, Endwalker and Shadowbringers

• Ala Mihgo
  • The Dead Ends (it kills my laptop but I love it)
  • Amaurot

Hmmmmmmm
Hard and mean question
I’m going to sayyyyy
:thinking:

The dancing plague
The Dying Grasp
The seat of sacrifice

(I’m taking this as favourite raid series)

Coils :smiling_imp: (jk) Probably Omega! Eden is quite fun, difficult, but rad! I haven’t done the final 2 fights yet. Pandaemonium is very very rad so far!

As for alliance raids, I’ve only done Crystal Tower and Shadow of Mhach. Out of those, Shadow of Mhach is my absolute favourite.

Il Mheg
Very easily

To The Edge!
But also the song that plays during the (Endwalker Spoilers) Final solo duty Against Zenos

For me it’s dancer but any of the aiming jobs will keep me happy! In terms of melee I haven’t found the one that meshes with me most, it’s probably samurai. I haven’t touched healers, my favourite tank is gunbreaker andddd :thinking: I don’t really use casters either! But probably red mage.

1 Like

WOOHOO FF14 :partying_face:

Character: W’rhivah Khiki
Main Job: Monk
Race: Seeker of the Sun Miqo’te

I’d love to play again soon :eyes:

Endwalker, though I think if I were to put arguments forward for the best expansion it’d be Shadowbringers, it’s a tighter whole all round.

The Ghimlyt Dark! I think it’s the perfect cap-off to Stormblood and the perfect lead-in to Shadowbringers, it has fantastic set pieces, wonderful art design, cool looking bosses and phenomenal music that makes use of the already amazing Stormblood leitmotifs

I flip flop on this a lot, honestly. I’ll try for a definitive top 5 list :joy:

Normal Modes: -

1. The Seat of Sacrifice
  2. The Mothercrystal
  3. The Dying Gasp
  4. Crown of the Immaculate
  5. Castrum Fluminis

Extremes: -

1. The Seat of Sacrifice (Extreme)
  2. Castrum Marinum (Extreme)
  3. Hells’ Kier (Extreme)
  4. The Minstrel’s Ballad: Hades’ Elegy
  5. The Minstrel’s Ballad: Nidhogg’s Rage

Safe to say my favourite trial is probably Seat of Sacrifice

Let’s do another top 5 :partying_face:

1. Eden’s Verse: Refulgence (E8)
  2. Asphodelos 4th Circle (P4)
  3. Alphascape V.3 (O11)
  4. The Soul of the Creator (A12)
  5. The Burden of the Son (A8)

A slightly more difficult list, for sure, there are so many good singular raids in FF14. I think my favourite raid overall is Eden tbh. Best story, vibe, design, music, mechanics and overall best bosses from a quality standpoint. The main downside is that it’s a little tough. I think the best tier overall was the final tier of Omega, Alphascape. All 4 fights were bangers, though only one made the list. If it were a top 10 the rest of Alphascape would be there for sure.
I’m excited to see what more Pandaemonium has to offer! Since the final fight of its first tier made the list already, I’m sure the second tier is gonna be incredible when it comes out

Ultima Thule, ezpz

THIS DEMANDS A TOP 10, NOT A TOP 5

1. Who Brings Shadow
  2. To the Edge
  3. The Black Wolf Stalks Again
  4. Endwalker / Endwalker - Footfalls
  5. Return to Oblivion
  6. Flow / Flow Together
  7. Sunrise
  8. Wayward Daughter
  9. Hearts As One
  10. And Love You Shall Find

Ranking FF14 music is so damn hard. I needed to go based on which ones I listen to the most and which ones I’d never skip pretty much. I didn’t even have room for Answers or Dragonsong…

My favourite job overall is monk, always has been, but I’ll put that to the side for a sec and give favourites for the different roles!

Melee DPS: Samurai
Ranged Phys DPS: Bard
Magical DPS: Black Mage

Tank: Warrior

Healer: Scholar

1 Like

I didn’t even think about alliance raids!

My favourite alliance raid series is Shadows of Mhach with my favourite raid in that series being Weeping City of Mhach :smiley: I do have a soft spot for Ridorana Lighthouse because I like the maths robot, he’s very cute

1 Like

Patch 6.1 dropped yesterday and so far I love it, the new dungeon is really fun and myths of the realm is great so far! I’d love to know anybody elses opinions!

@Gamers I’m sure some of you must have played or at least heard of this!

Here’s some screenshots of my character incase any of you want to post yours!

Summary

Hi @anon68003072! Can you get it on Switch? Could you tell me more? I might want to buy it.

You cannot get it on switch it’s PC, PS4/PS5 only

1 Like

You can however get other final fantasy games on switch such as 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12. I have played or at least tried all of them, 9 is my favourite, 7 is jank but also really good and very popular, 8 is 8 I have no problems with it it’s just nowhere close to my favourite and 12 has some really good aspects to it but it’s also quite obtuse in some aspects. 10 is probably the one I’d recommend to people not used to final fantasy.

1 Like

10? Alright. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY?! :joy:

Lol I couldn’t restrain myself I need to update this

Still dancer and all physical ranged
Ninja is my main melee
Gunbreaker rad but I’ve been playing more as paladin and even then I just don’t tank much
Healers are still alien to me
And black mage is my magical DPS, red mage didn’t click afterall

Not anymore I actually find healing quite intuitive, you have many tools that just make the job easier

It’s funny because I just got tank as well. I’ve been avoiding it for ages because I love the aesthetic of being a magic user, but I really want that Amaro

The amaro is such a cool looking mount so valid

I just wanna be able to do all the role quests

It’s such a shame because the feather hat you get for EW is such a step-down

Yeah I really don’t understand why that was the reward tbh like, at least make it a minion or something.

I guess Shadowbringers didn’t give a mount in main story rewards like the other expansions did:

A Realm Reborn: Chocobo and Magitek Armour
Heavensward: Black chocobo and midgardsomr
Stormblood: Yol
Shadowbringers: Nothing
Endwalker: Argos

So I guess the question would be whether the previous get all jobs to max level gave better rewards than a feather.

Also a lot of the reason I chose white mage to level was because I wanted the unicorn but now I just enjoy the job

1 Like

This still stands

Recently I changed her hairstyle which kinda gave way for me to change up some outfits and I really enjoy my current dancer outfit

Spoilers for the last Endwalker dungeon

Summary

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I just feel like it’s the end of a whole arc and we deserve a little something lol

Maybe we’ll get something at the end of all the patch content

Tbh the island sancturies are the best reward for finishing Endwalker

1 Like

We can just retire lol. I love that they mention it in some of the dialogue choices now

1 Like