Final Fantasy XIV

This is hilarious, I’m a level 90 red mage now and while it’s not my main job I decided if I was beamed into FF14 I would become a red mage.

Here, enjoy Red Mage Scarlette

Actually Gunbreaker is my main tank, that’s 90 now, I enjoy it alot, my paladin is only level 50 but it seems to have more tools than level 50 Dark Knight

I know I said this a while ago and updated it later with how much I love healing and white mage. White Mage is still my favourite and I do prefer it to Astro, but Astro is still cool! I have them both to 90, I kinda wanna wrap my head around sage next.

AST gives me carpel tunnel in savage content. I’m not looking forward to levelling Machinist or Ninja or something LOL

Personally Ninja awakens the part of my brain that remembers pressing colourful buttons as a child, it’s my favourite melee by far but yes, you will always be pressing something :smiling_imp:

Machinist is far easier and I’m curious how the changes have well, changed it :joy:

1 Like

Sage is super fun! Just be careful: Sage shields are smaller than SCH ones. If you’re in a duty with a SCH and you shield after they do, it cancels their shield out! So they’ve done their crit adlo spread and then see it shrink to barely nothing ;-; explains the hostility between the two jobs

I had no idea about this war between SCH and SGE :joy:

It’s fun to see how the healers work together, I love barely needing to press anything if I’m a pure healer in with a shield healer

1 Like

When a barrier and a pure healer are in a duty together it’s chef’s kiss. Two pure healers are fine, too. Two barriers? Idk why but they actively cancel each other out all the time xD

It makes sense that pure healer small barriers like divine benison and neutral sect add to shields since the dev team want to force people to have a party with both types, so it’s a good incentive. It’s stressful with two barriers though because of the cooldown of crit adlo spread :stuck_out_tongue:

It would make sense if it just did nothing, right? But nope! Bye bye adlo!

Honestly I think these issues can be tied to SGE still being kinda new, they probably need to iron out how it mingles with SCH and they just need to figure out how to do that and keep everything balanced

1 Like

I’m hoping that’s the case! Although I remember Yoshi P saying they were going to actively discourage people from using two barriers!

1 Like

The heal checks in the savage content being bigger than usual is a way to discourage two pure healers because sometimes you drop down to basically 1hp LOL and then there’s ANOTHER raid-wide

1 Like

True plus it only really matters in savage content anyway, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a SCH yelling at a SGE in normal content

1 Like

LOL I’ve seen some very heated chats in normal raids! Usually when SCH has done their whole opener and then the SGE comes and just… oopsie! All gone!

1 Like

Infact in normal content

Like the crystal tower raids

I often wish I could just commend Selene or Eos

Keeping the party alive with their Embrace while the scholar just takes a lovely nap

1 Like

Maybe that’s the difference between north america and europe :joy:

Speaking of server differences! Did you hear about the first static to “clear” the new ultimate? They got in big trouble with the devs!

1 Like

Oh god yeah :joy: they used a zoom out mod right?

1 Like

Yeah! And it came from a Japan server, where other countries get a lot of shit for having any mod at all. People lost their minds lol!

1 Like

God it was so dumb :joy: I don’t do ultimates of course, but I know that it was clearable without mods, other people have done it plus it was tested by the raid team, just don’t cheat forehead

1 Like

I think I find it funny that the reason content is so tricky now is because the team have become too good at playing ffxiv :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m glad! That just means the people trying to clear just need to get better plus like, it’s not the end of the world if you can’t do it

1 Like

Basically… git good :stuck_out_tongue:

They actually nerfed some of the savage content in a past patch because it was “too hard”

I just feel like the team can never win. People complain that the content is too easy. Then a hard tier drops and people complain it’s too hard. So they nerf it and people complain things are too easy. So they make a super hard ultimate and the first clear in the world had to cheat through it. Sigh