Final Fantasy XIV

People are just never gonna be fully happy with what they had and it gets to a point where I’m like “do you even like playing this game?” Because if the hard content is all they seem to “like” but it’s never good enough then why even bother :joy: go play a different game

The hardest content I’ve attempted to do so far was Another Sil’dhin Subterrane, I didn’t fully enjoy it, so I stopped trying and went back to the stuff I did enjoy

Like completing my HW relic for Black Mage

1 Like

I get that! It took me a long time to get into savage content. Now, I play because we have a hilarious static and we don’t take things too seriously! Just friends having fun, occasionally feeling satisfaction of clearing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just prefer the satisfaction of doing tricky things in solo games! I struggle co-ordinating with others so even though I’m in a really big FC now with connections to multiple statics who’ve offered to help with anything, I think I’ll stick to trying extremes!

Though one day my brain may change its mind!

1 Like

It’s funny because I’m dyspraxic so people calling out directions? LOL so people are trying to tell me where to go and to stop moving when I get there. No, screw you. I dance to the beat of my own drum and run around in a circle just to spite them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh god I’m not dyspraxic but whenever there’s a left or right mechanic it takes me far to long to decide if people mean my left, the bosses left or their left

Starboard and Larboard…

1 Like

RIGHT? It also takes my brain WAY too long to realise the name of an attack gives you the way that the boss is going to attack, not the safe spot. So if it includes “tail” in the name, I go to the tail and then get tail whipped :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I prefer visual queues to reading the cast bars :joy:

Oh god but the maths boss in Ridorana is my nightmare, I know it’s “basic” maths but I need longer :sob:

1 Like

P5s has this horrible mechanic where the boss does a bunch of AOEs either in a circle around the arena or a weird zig zag. I basically had to learn “zig zag? Go here” rather than actually following the order because it’s HARD

1 Like

So how are the savage clears going for you then? :eyes:

We’re going super slow because everyone has their life stuff! I got engaged recently, one of the other people got married and now she’s trying to adopt with her wife. Someone else has uni stuff so had to drop out and an old static member who left because she felt she wasn’t good enough rejoined and is now doing callouts, which is hilariously ironic.

We’re in P6S! I don’t think we’ve ever cleared a tier in time, but I love the practice!

1 Like

Sounds like it’s just nice and casual then! Better than letting that consume your whole life :joy:

Yeah screw those hardcore statics xD Being a teacher, I don’t think I’d be able to commit the time anyway, but they can get so toxic!

We had a guy call us hardcore once. Why? Because someone blew us off last minute to do something else in the game. I kicked off because I said “you’re wasting 7 people’s time cancelling at the last minute for something non urgent on the game. We were all waiting for you and then we see you doing maps. It kinda sucks. Don’t be in a static if you’re not willing to turn up for 2 hours a week” but apparently that’s too hardcore :stuck_out_tongue:

Other than that, we’re just chill. We’re all improving so much, though. I don’t think I’ve looked at a log in a year or so, but it’s better because I’m figuring out what works best for my job myself rather than letting analytics tell me!

Have you tried the new dungeon thing with Nanamo?

1 Like

Eyyy that’s what I like to hear! Screw analytics

Yes! I’ve done the normal one quite a few times but I need to get all the paths!

Me and three others tried the harder version and decided it was just a tad too much, it was harder than any of the extremes they’ve done apparently which just makes me wanna do extremes

1 Like

Also yeah don’t be that unreliable, if you promise somebody your time, you better give it to them unless something actually important comes up

1 Like

Same! There are a few paths we haven’t figured out on the normal but we haven’t actually tried hard yet!

Also extremes are generally fun! I didn’t like Emerald and Diamond Weapon, but the others? Who doesn’t love satisfaction and a cute mount? :3

1 Like

I was able to unsync all the HW and ARR extremes to get all the mounts, I’d love to do them synced one day

But more than anything I wanna do the SB extremes, especially Shinryu

1 Like

SB extremes are quite call! I’ve never done Titania ex so I’d love to do her personally

1 Like

SAME

My friends and boyfriend have promised to take me through one day because apparently it’s a good starting point

1 Like

And her music is pretty amazing!

1 Like

What angel wakes me :drooling_face:

1 Like