Flesh Out Your Characters

Damn Vegas actually happened since I posted that :joy:

3 Likes

No worries, that’s why I was just informing you. You’re not in trouble or anything, it’s all gravy. (wink)

1 Like

I like gravy

1 Like

Téo Beaubête

Fantasy world

His fc is this guy but man do I be undecided with which picture

Hugh Laughton-Scott (@hughlaughtonscott) posted on Instagram • Jan 8, 2021 at 5:04pm UTC

idk my logic for choosing questions but here we are

Is everywhere an option? He just wants adventure in the great wide somewhere~

But maybe… maybe Denmark. Sometimes (if you catch him in a nostalgic mood (admittedly he’s often in a nostalgic mood so it’s not that hard but shh)) he regrets how things went down there so yeah sometimes he wants to go back and resolve everything

Ooh either his blonden hair or his blue eyes
kinda piercing ngl like here a specific photo I think of

Hugh Laughton-Scott on Instagram: “Pre trim 🌅”

Yah, he has the nickname Towga which he got after travelling to Denmark because he was “the one who got away” from his small provincial town in France—and then he is also the one who got away in regards to his and the guy he met in Denmark’s relationship so lolololol
Té or T (pronounced Tay) is also one, born from the fact that people like to nickname everything aha

He doesn’t argument he :sparkles: runs away :sparkles:
He probably would notttt do well in a fight tho :cowboy_hat_face: but he’s like a nice guy most of the time so why would you wanna fight yknow

Yes he’s been in love, he’s pretty much always in love—if he was an expert of something it would probably be falling in love. And yes, he’s had his heart broken, usually it’s somewhat his fault though. Like he often falls in love with the idea of someone and then reality disappoints him, or in love with the idea of relationships and then is all depressy when they become difficult.

1 Like

I know this thread is sorta a game question and answer for preexisting characters, but is this also a place to ask for general inspiration help? And if not, does anyone know the correct thread for that?

1 Like

Well, if you have something in mind that you want help with then I could base questions around it when I try to bring back the thread this week. OR perhaps use these tip and ask for more here.

1 Like

It’s not really a question thing and more of a situation for a group of characters that I need figured out. I’ll just take the matter elsewhere, but thanks for clearing things up

1 Like

I really need to get back into doing this.

1 Like

I love this thread, and even though I don’t RP, I enjoy answering the questions with my story characters. For a while, I wasn’t writing anything, so I stopped replying, but now I’m back on board.
I’m going to start over from the very beginning with the two main characters from my new, upcoming story. Even if no one reads my posts, it’ll be a great opportunity for me to flesh out my characters and really get into their minds.

Ellie

Ellie

“My brothers, obviously… like, who else could it be?? Oh, no, I’m not saying that I don’t love my mom! And my grandma is amazing… then, there’s my dad who I was so close to, but he just disappeared… oh, sorry, I’m getting off topic. Yeah, my two sweet little brothers. They’re everything to me!!!”

Eduardo

Eduardo

“It’s my dad. He’s always been there for me. He’s my best friend, my adviser, my role model, the only one who I can be myself with. I tell him everything and anything, and he always has the right word for me.”

Ellie

Ellie

“OMG, well people always expect me to say some cliché place like the beach, an island, or some famous landmark whenever they ask me that question, right? Meh. I just wanna go find my dad.”

Eduardo

Eduardo

“To be honest, I really don’t have a special place in mind. As long as I’m with the right people, I’ll go anywhere.”

2 Likes

Aww… you can ask here if you want. Oooh, I should do situation questions now.

1 Like

It’s really alright. The more I read on this thread, the more I realize how off-topic my help thing would be.

1 Like

That’s okay, the gist is to flesh out characters, so whatever helps.

1 Like

Right then, if you really say so

So I have a team of four characters that are really close as part of this explorer/adventure team. The thing is, they start off the story already a tight-knit group. I was wondering how I could backfill an experience for how they met. With a working job, usually I can slap it down as them all happening to be at the same company. Instead, it’s a fantasy open world thing and they look for hidden treasures.

I guess an option could be all of them stumbling on the same artifact at the same time and the bonding over the escape, but it also seems kinda unrealistic.

That’s kinda it. I just need a reasonable way the four characters would create their crew.

1 Like

Continuing with the next set of questions.
This time, I’ll make the answers visible, and only put their face claims in hidden details.

Ellie

“Mmm… no, not really… well, I don’t know what kind of allergy this is, but whenever I get my nails done in a salon, my fingers starts itching that whole day. Especially my ring finger. Weird, right? But the only person in my family that has allergies is my middle brother, Emil… he sneezes all the time, and every morning, I can hear him blast his germs through the wall. My brothers’ bedroom is right next to mine, so yeah, poor sweetie.”

Eduardo

“Yeah, I have what they call hay fever. Pollen, dust, and temperature changes. When the pollen count is high, my eyes and nose itch, and I start sneezing and all that. Sometimes, I wake up with my nose all closed up, but I’m usually fine by noon. It’s no big deal, really. I don’t take pills or anything because it isn’t life-threatening nor does it get in the way of any daily activities or tasks.”

ELLIE:

Best- “Ooh, let me think… maybe it was this one wedding we went to when I was nine? It was in a gorgeous place, I got to wear a dress that made me feel like a princess, and the food was SO. GOOD! I even got to dance with my dad. I’ll never forget that.”

Worst- “When my dad just left without saying why he was leaving. He didn’t even say goodbye. He just up and left one day, and six years later, I still don’t know why. It hurts. It really hurts.”

Strongest- "Maybe when my brothers were born? Aw, Emil was so adorable with his big, dark eyes and serious expression! And Karim with his cute smile and chubby cheeks! I loved both of them the moment I saw them!”

EDUARDO
Best- “When I won the spelling bee in third grade, my dad took me out for ice cream. It was just the two of us, and he kept on making me laugh with his jokes, and it was pretty awesome.”

Worst- “I want to say when my mom died, but I don’t remember that because I was a baby when it happened. So… oh, I remember now. One time, when I was five, my sister and I were fighting over something stupid. She bit me and scratched me, and I pushed her, but she fell backwards and hit her head on the table. She started screaming bloody murder at that moment, and my stepmom came in and screamed at me. She said some really hurtful things about me not being her real son, even though she married my dad when I was a year old. I remember crying a LOT that day.”

Strongest- “I have a lot, but I want to talk about the time when my dad took me to the animal shelter to adopt my first cat, Maximus. I think I was seven. They say that cats choose their owners, and it’s true. Maximus chose me. I knew he was the cat I needed in my life from the very moment I saw him.”

1 Like

Carter Watson

Image to be added

World: Modern

Question 1:
The closest to Carter… well that could be either his grandfather or his horse. From the time he was 7 years old, his grandparents were raising him, and he was naturally closer to his grandfather, who was also very much a mentor for him. His grandparents live on a ranch, and own horses. One of the horses is Carter’s, and Carter and the horse developed a bond, they trust each other, which includes if something was on Carter’s mind he could vent about it to the horse to feel like he was being listened to (mostly) without judgement.

Question 7:
As far as an actual job, Carter has never had a job, but he has worked on his grandparents ranch, taking care of the animals and helping with everything needing to be done.

Question 14:
Country music. He’s listened to a lot of music that his grandparents listen to, and even his sister is trying to make a name as a country singer.

Question 22:
When talking to someone, he looks to someone’s eyes. Eye contact is important to show that he is paying full attention to the person speaking.

Sophie Lewis

Image to be added

Question 8:
In a physical fight, Sophie likely wouldn’t defend herself, in an argument, she would do her best to say her side of things, but in the end she would most likely let the other person have it their way. She is very non-confrontational, and will avoid a fight the best she can.

Question 25:
To treat others the way she would want to be treated, and be a good person.

Eddie Flynn

Image to be added

Question 6:
Eddie is actually is nickname, but its what he always goes by with anyone that knows him, instead of his full first name, Edward. He’s been called by his last name before as well, but that’s not common. He is often referred to by the nicknames Teddy, Teddy Bear, Eddie Teddy, by his sisters especially, since he acts very like a teddy bear in the sense of always being someone to go to for comfort.

Question 14:
There’s not a particular style of music Eddie like best, unless you would count music from movies, tv shows, or musicals. He is a film geek, since his father was a director and they shared a love of movies.

Question 20:
Sight. Eddie, being the film geek he is, relies on his sight to not only watch movies, but also to use his video camera he always has with him to film everything going on around him.

2 Likes

AH beat me to fleshing out br2 characters

1 Like

Phoebe Renee Taylor-DeLoughrey

Modern

Question one: Who is the closest person to your character?
Definitely her twin sister Amelia. She has a really strong bond with her family, even if things are not perfect right now, but out of them all she is closest to her sister. They’ve just always been best friends and she is the person Phoebe can trust the most.

Question six: Nicknames
She has many nicknames but most people call her Phoebs or Fee. When she was younger, some of her friends used to call her Fefe but she hated that nickname!

Question nine: Phrases
Hun bun. I don’t know why, I decided this last night so yes. Hun bun.

Question fourteen: Music
She likes party music, if it makes sense. Just whatever you hear at parties that’s what she likes. It usually is pop but she also has a favorite singer - Olivia O’Brien.

Question nineteen: Has your character ever been in love?
This is a bit tricky… I’ll have to say no. She has liked someone but it wasn’t love. She has never felt that kind of love, not yet.

Question twenty-one: Season
Summer has always been Phoebe’s favorite season and it always will be. Life is just better when it’s summer… She grew up next to the ocean and loves spending time outside, mainly at the beach so yes.

Ezekiel Griffin

Modern

It used to be his father, they were always together working on music but now that he’s gone that changed. I’d say the closest person to him is Victoria, his childhood friend. He has a lot of friends but it’s different with her.

Ezekiel doesn’t like to use his full name, he just goes by Zek, some would even make it shorter and just call him Z.

He is a little music producer so he learned how to like everything but in his free time he listens to indie and pop, artists like Lauv, Conan Gray and LANY.

Maybe he wasn’t in love but he was close to it. He’s an emotional guy and he can feel things deeply but love is a very strong feeling.

Finley Wolf Klein

Modern

It’s hard with him because he’s quite impersonal but I’m going to say his step sister. He has a few good friends but Holly just knows many things about him and he trusts her.

Finley just has one nickname - Fin. It’s a short version of his name and most people call him that. He’d even introduce himself as Fin.

He likes rap, hip hop and sometimes alternative. G-Eazy being his favorite aritst.

No, never and he doesn’t see himself ever being in love.

2 Likes
Meeke

Why doesn’t she want to leave the house?

What?

Alex

HAHAHAHA! That’s kinda cute.

Marta

No worries. How is it already confusing you?

Brooke

Like her brother, I presume?

What happened to questions 3-5 and 8-19?

How’d she get into those professions?

Shelly

Why Jordan now though?

She allergic to me? (Pleading_face)

How’d she become a professional dancer?

How many times and who with?

1 Like

Shelly

Valerie Wood

Do you know now?

Why Lera? Why isn’t it still Lera?

How many times and by who?

Giovanni De Luca

WOW. A maid? Why doesn’t he get on with his family?

Why those places?

What do those few people think?

Up until now? does he not any more?

How many times and with who?

Andy McAllister

Can you tell me about his band?

Me too.

Why do you chose this one?

With who?

Does he like it?

Theodore Alarie

Why is he only close with his sisters?

Why does he prefer the cultures and scenery in Asia?

How many times and who with?

Dora

How long does it take him to make it up with people?

A brilliant motto to live by.

Wow. Jordan must be really kind and popular, as that’s the second character to pick Jordan.

Does she like it?

I approve of this. HAHAHA. Well, real Cali does. RPing Cali doesn’t. HAHAHA.

Another great motto.

Chid

HAHAHA. Yes, it is. Me too.

Yes, I would agree. Though so is his nose and face shape too.

HEHEHEHE! Can I have him meet Nita or one of my Wicked Witches then, please? (smiling_imp)

Alex

Yes, you do.

Marianna

Love that. HEHEHE.

Aww, she’s so sweet.

1 Like

Bluey

Sorry to take so long, I don’t know if you’ve already answered this yourself, but here’s my answer anyway.
Why can’t you have them all together at the start and then introduce how they meet throughout the story? Whether that be through flashbacks or simply via them casually discussing it all the way through.

Marianna

Is it annoying? Does he take anything for it?

Yikes.

I love how simple yet detailed they are, it makes it seem so realistic.

Brooke

Carter Watson

What does he think about doing this?

Does he not want to be one?

Agreed. Wish I could do this.

Sophie Lewis

Is there anyone in her life that would defend her?

Fair enough, great motto.

Eddie Flynn

What’s his favourite and least favourite nicknames? Who calls him these?

Dora

Phoebe Renee Taylor-DeLoughrey

Why did she hate it?

That’s an interesting phrase. Is it a spoken or written one?

Ezekiel Griffin

How is it different?

Why not?

Finley Wolf Klein

How would he react if people started calling him by his surname?

Why?