Flesh Out Your Characters

Koto’s nicknames are rather usual for most people then. That’s cool, 'cause not everyone has special personalised ones.

Arcturus… that’s a new one on me. Cool. HEHEHE. Arty is cute.

I think either you mentioned this in an above question or in a VC at some point.

2 Likes

I don’t talk about my work very often, but it may have happened! :eyes:

2 Likes

BAHAHAHAHA! You don’t talk about your work… you do with me. BAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Sonnet Royal

Question 5:
For Sonnet, her most notable features would be her hair or eyes. If she does not have her wings covered, her wings are the most notable. For a non-fairy, it would be notable that she has wings. For any fairy, they would notice the golden tint to her wings, though she keeps her wings covered because otherwise someone would notice her broken wing.

Question 6:
Sonnet doesn’t really have any specific nicknames.

Question 7:
Sonnet hasn’t ever had much of a job, job. Technically, she is a princess, so one could say that is her job.

Devin Tale

Question 6:
Sonnet calls him Dev for a shortened version of his name at times. Anybody can call him Dev or some other nickname as well though.

Kamuzu

Question 5:
Most would say that Kam’s most prominent facial feature is his eyes. As far as body wise, it would have to be his feminine features, much to his dismay.

Question 6:
His nickname is Kam. Kam is actually a nickname he came up with himself. At first it was a way to feel more masculine by shortening his birth name Kamilah. Over time, it just became a nickname for his male name, Kamuzu.

Andrea Abelle

Image to be added

World: Modern Fantasy?

Question 1:

The person Andrea used to be closest to was her father. He would tell her about history and various battles, and at times about the Greeks. He was clear with her that she was the daughter of a goddess.

However, he died when she was twelve years old. Its hard to say who she is closest to now. She is close with Ajax due to their discussions on what to do around the camp, and she has positive relationships with multiple other campers, but the person she is closest with might be Elliot. In the time they’ve known each other, they have talked and become close friends with a mutual crush.

Question 4:
She has many, many memories with her dad that could be considered her fondest. Any of her memories of time with him hold a special place in her heart.
Her strongest memory, is also her worst. Her father’s death haunts her every day, often plaguing her with nightmares even years later.

Question 5:
Her most prominent facial feature is definitely her grey eyes. A feature that is common among the children of Athena. As far as bodily feature, that’s hard to say.

Question 6:
Her most common nickname is Andy. She’s had it for a long time, since her dad was the first person to call her Andy. If you don’t know her well, you don’t have a right to call her Andy. Then, absolutely do not ever call her princess. Her dad would call her his princess when she was a little kid, and nobody else is allowed to call her that.

Question 7:
Well, she hasn’t ever had a normal job. Though currently she is the leader for the Athena cabin.

2 Likes

Yes, her eyes are very prominent. … Oooh, a fairy, very cool.

This makes since many people’s nicknames are created from their first name.

I would agree with this based on his FC.

Oooh… I love this. I love that he was the one to create his own nickname.

Another character. WOOHOO! (Celebratory dance)

How did she feel when the person she was closed to died?

Why does it haunt her?

2 Likes

Question Eight:

How well do(es) your character(s) defend themselves in a fight? How often do they get in fights or arguments, if ever?

Please make sure you remember to post a hidden image of your character with every question answered, just so I can easily be reminded of the character each time. (wink)

@MeghanWrites, @Yomama, @Sophia1233, @BlondeGlassesGirl, @anon80318563, @L.C.R, @novella, @Littlefeets, @anon93806337, @Quinn, @phnx, @ChaoticDeluge, @katabasis, and @LunaticLeviTheSecond

6 Likes
Gracie - Eight

FC
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d3/92/84/d392840fcd277f04aa943ebb850cea4a.jpg

1. She defends herself rather well considering her childhood and constant presence of pirates but she also has a pistol, a knive and a dagger. If you fight with her you must ntoe her endurance is much better since she survived so many things both emotionally and physically.
2 Likes

Nice, and how often do they get in fights or arguments?

Also, please remember for you’re FC. Can you please edit the FC into the above post?

1 Like

:heart_eyes: Omg Cole is the best :joy:

3 Likes

She was devastated, and overwhelmed with guilt. Her father did so much for her, and he died because of her.

Andrea’s father died to protect her. Due to being a demigod, she attracted monsters that wanted to kill her. Her father knew that and who her mother is, and he wasn’t going to let his young daughter be hurt. Andrea saw her father die in front of her, and she can’t forget that he died for her and there was nothing she could do but watch.

I typed this up days ago… I could have sworn I hit reply

Haha River helped me pick his fc

3 Likes

Cool, but again, how often do they get in fights or arguments?

Has it affected how she goes through or sees life? How does or doesn’t it do this?

HAHA. I do this all the time.

2 Likes

Forgot to answer … usually very rarely, nowadays almost never

2 Likes

Falling asleep, we’ll see if this makes any sense…

It first caused her to push her grandparents away. She saw how her father was not only put in danger, but killed, because of her and just being around her, so she was terrified that by being around her grandparents it could get them hurt or killed as well. That’s why she left home to find Camp Half Blood. By being in camp, around other people like her, she will let herself be close to people, but she has a hard time talking about her father and his death mainly because of feeling guilty. She doesn’t let other people do stuff for her, even if they want to. She prefers to do things herself, especially if it comes to combat and monsters. She doesn’t want anyone to put her first, or to put their own life on the line for her. She would put her own life on the line for someone she cared about, not wanting them to be hurt or killed when she could do something. By not having been able to do anything to save her father, she make sure to look for every opportunity that can be used for if someone else were in danger.

2 Likes
Kito

Kito gets into fights fairly often, and given the story is action-based he can defend himself pretty well. He rarely loses his encounters even when he gets severely wounded and a lot of people class him as one of the main reasons Xan was defeated during the war.

With arguments, it’s largely the same. Kito was a star debater in school and uni and as such he can defend his arguments expertly while dismantling an opponent’s.

Arthur

Arthur can defend himself extremely well in a fight. He was trained by some of the best fighters in the world when he was a boy, and since then was able to spend a thousand years perfecting those styles and techniques he was taught. He also uses a very rare and very difficult to master Magical Discipline usually reserved only for Paladins.

In arguments, however? Arthur falters. He doesn’t have the best self-confidence and it leads to him not being able to back up his arguments all that well.

2 Likes

Aww, poor Arthur.

Just wanna say, I love the detail you go into for your characters. Thank you for that.

2 Likes
                               Alexa Bowman

Well…for Alexa, she is usually confident when there is a fight or an argument. She does not like compromising because she feels she is either wrong or right and normally accepts if she is wrong. She usually tries to avoid being in arguments in the first place because they are just a waste of time if you are arguing about something unimportant. If the fight escalates, then she can get a little braggadocious and slams the door or wants to start a fight but she has self-control and calms herself down and just walks away and listens to music. Music helps her go through problems.

Alexa

1 Like

:cry:

2 Likes

Question Nine:

List several phrases your character is fond of uttering. Where did they pick them up?

Please make sure you remember to post a hidden image of your character with every question answered, just so I can easily be reminded of the character each time. (wink)

@MeghanWrites, @Yomama, @Sophia1233, @BlondeGlassesGirl, @anon80318563, @L.C.R, @novella, @Littlefeets, @anon93806337, @Quinn, @phnx, @ChaoticDeluge, @katabasis, and @LunaticLeviTheSecond

5 Likes

For the following questions, I will be focusing on some of the characters from my new story, since I need to flesh them out a little more. :yellow_heart: :sunflower: :coffee: :sparkles:

Ellie Campos-Assaf

Modern

Ellie hates conflict. She gets very emotional when her values, intentions, or opinions are being shot down or dismissed. She may even cry or raise her voice if the person challenging her starts getting aggressive or apprehensive. That’s why, most of the time, she prefers to avoid disagreements with people who she knows it’s best not to argue with.

Vanessa Malone

Modern

Vanessa, on the other hand, is good at defending herself in a fight or argument. Since she basically raised her younger sister on her own, she has developed a thick skin. Since she does a lot of exercise, she is physically fit so she would be able to defend herself very well in a physical fight. Vanessa doesn’t care what others think, and will express her opinion when she feels the need to, without caring whether or not it may be an unpopular one.

My story has five main characters, but for each question I will be focusing on two of them only.

3 Likes
                              ALEXA BOWMAN

I can’t really say exact things she is fond of uttering but she has coprolalia so she swears unconsciously sometimes but it doesn’t happen frequently but when it happens, she has no control over it so you find just find her swearing where she is not supposed to. She got it from her mom, who has it too but her mom knows how to control it wherever she goes. Alexa’s mom is trying to teach her how to control it in front of people and when to let them out.

Alexa

3 Likes