Flower power issue

So, it’s my birthday. My boyfriend got me roses, but I have nothing to put them in. They’re currently wrapped in a wet paper towel on the counter. How do I keep them alive? @Discussions? I don’t know who to tag, but I’m a tad anxious.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Aww I thought there was gonna be a gif of a tiny girl saying “flower power!” Or hippies…

Alex, fill a vase with water and put the flowers in them. They will last for a few days. I think there is something you could put in the water to help it not die as quickly, but I’m not sure

2 Likes

I tried every cup we have, but they’re too small.

2 Likes

Trim the stems? Consult Google? Google helps sometimes. Also, it’s very sweet what your boyfriend did :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have a vase, though. Nothing is deep enough. The flowers are too big.

2 Likes

Oohh, god, I didn’t think of that. Yeah, he’s very sweet.

2 Likes

Get the giant scissors!
Also, I think it helps give the flowers more water by bringing the star close to the flower supply. But I really don’t know what I’m saying and I’m vaguely recalling what my parents have told me in the past

2 Likes

Star?

2 Likes

Sounds reasonable. Thanks.

2 Likes

Water? That typo sneaked in somewhere and I didn’t notice it and my brain doesn’t remember what I was saying. Sorry

2 Likes

As always, consult Google first
Or YouTube

1 Like

Ah, ok. My uncle says to put them in the sink. :joy:

2 Likes

Glass of water, tallest glass you can find…tossed crushed aspirin in the water and an old penny.

3 Likes

Sadly, I only have pennies. I have to cut the stems so they can fit. The stems are too long. I’ve never heard of using Aspirin or pennies.

2 Likes

Michi…I don’t think the flowers have a headache…

2 Likes

Hahahahaha! I think it’s used to keep them alive. Not sure how.

2 Likes

Lol, I’m glad you got my joke.
As for your sink…it makes more sense than aspirin and a penny…I guess I understand drug while having minerals and stuff (I literally have no idea what’s inspire of aspirin) but why a penny?

2 Likes

Yeah, I looked. It helps keep them alive.

2 Likes

I want to know the science behind that…but my brain just isn’t in the mood to try and comprehend it right now. Maybe tomorrow at least.

Anyway, I hope this weird conversation helped you Alex >.<

2 Likes