Forum Updates & Upgrades

Hey Everyone,

We just wanted a place to keep you updated on the forums. Whenever we plan an update/upgrade we will tell you here first so you will know why the system’s (was) down.

We will try to announce when we do updates in advanced.

Thanks.

@Announcements

8 Likes

Sooooo… that being said, we’re about to do a forum update in the next 5-10 minutes, meaning the forums will be down for about an hour or possibly a few. Apologies.

3 Likes

Is it still happening, as the forum isn’t down yet?

3 Likes

It’s being worked on as we type. Though we are keeping watch of the forum while it happens to see when/if it happens.

4 Likes

Okay! Thanks

4 Likes

Okay guys, just so everyone knows… the forums may dip in and out over the next couple of hours while we look at updating the forums and changing the domain hopefully (finger_crossed)

@Announcements

4 Likes

Ok!

1 Like

The domain change worked for sure, quite sad tho that all old images are no longer here…

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve just noticed that. Not quite sure as to why.

All I can tell you is that the problem lay with the latest discourse update. Kate and I had done the update and attempted to do the domain change, however, apparently they was a fault in the discourse update. One that many were having and Discourse still hasn’t seen to yet. So what happened was that a container in our forum’s droplet had to have all it’s contents removed, the error reset or taken care of, and then move everything back in. Perhaps the corrupt file was our images?

3 Likes

Actually, I take that back. Found out they’re not gone, @Jass. It’s an easy fix. All you have to do is go through your posts, click edit on ones with missing images and make an edit. The edit can be ANYTHING, even adding a space between two lines and save it. Then all should be returned to normal.

I’ve just tried this in one of my PMs with a missing image and it worked.

1 Like

Okay, sorry guys but it’s yet another announcement, @Announcements!

From 2023-02-13T04:30:00Z, the forums may be down for hopefully no more than an hour!

Why?

Some of you may have noticed that forum emails are coming through.
We’ve been looking into it today and it seems that the latest Discourse update had another error, this time with the emails. So it’s not the domain change, that’s just an inconvenient coincidence, it’s just yet another error. SIGH.
That being said, we’re announcing it here so you know what’s happening and hopefully afterwards everything is running smoothly again.

5 Likes

Hey Forumers!

This is just a friendly message to inform you that within the next day, the staff team will be starting to rebuild our new forum sections. So be aware that some sections may be added, moved, or removed.

New Section Layout:

Then we have four special locked sections:

• Staff:
    It has a section for admin, one for staff/leaders, and one for ex-staff
  • Access Granted:
    This is the section that anyone can gain access to if they’re active enough.
  • The Foundation:
    This is for our special paid section for any age, well, 13+ like the forums.
  • The Dungeon:
    This is for our special paid section for those who are 18+.

The other thing to be aware of is that part of this process will mean your threads and posts may be edited. Tags added, links redirected, and images and emojis repaired.
It may take us quite a number of weeks to do the whole forums, so please be patient with us.

@Announcements

10 Likes

I like the rainbow!

2 Likes

Will the section names change?

1 Like

Yeah, me too. We’ve always had one, it was just brightened up a bit.

Yeah, the names will be as listed in the image. (wink)

3 Likes

Good to know! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The rainbow is pretty!

2 Likes

Yeah, I completely agree

1 Like

Good luck with the Face Reveal thread lol!

1 Like

The face reveal will be nothing compared to the Blue Royalty RP and chat threads. Least with Face Reveal it’s just one button to rebuild each post, with the largest RP on here, it’s editing each post (mostly likely) 'cause of the font size change. HAHA

2 Likes