Free Resources for Writing Diversity

Hi all,

This is a thread for all of you to recommend your writing resources regarding diversity.

Of course, you always have the ShanniiWrites blog, but please don’t just rely on me if you want to get diversity right!

You might put them here because you want to save them for later. You might put them here because you want to help others to get diversity right. Whatever your reasons, please feel free to add your favourite resources! If you can, it would be great if you could let us know why they’re so important to you, too!

My only request is that you only provide free resources here. I have recommended many books that people have to pay for in my time giving out writing advice, but I think it’s about time that I show you all that diversity in particular can be super accessible.

@Writers

14 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Found some resources on how to describe skintone. Pretty helpful!:

and…yeah from the Forum God. Still this one is really helpful in particular XD

5 Likes

I need to remember to post on here

4 Likes

There are several threads linked in the “diversity” section that help with writing Arabs, Jews, Disabled people, and many others

3 Likes

@ShanniiWrites do you have any more posts to add? I will look up some stuff tomorrow for this thread too.

1 Like

Added some tags.

YES!

Closed due to inactivity