General Chat for All Writers

A chat for random stuff for writers. Share your places in your stories, ask for advice, just a general long chat for writers!! Lets see how active we can get here hehe

@Writers

23 Likes

Okay soooo I’ll start us off with some resources.

storyplanner.com is such an amazing tool I love to use
novel-software.com is something that costs money after a 30 day trial but I used it for the trial and honestly it’s so amazing I got so much planning done

6 Likes

Check out my post on writing resources if you need help :wink:

4 Likes

blog.reedsy.com is such a good resource, they have so much advice.
eadeverell.com is a place where you can get a lot of worksheets.

Jenne Moreci on youtube has some really good advice.
Also I really happen to like Alexa Donne!

3 Likes

I’ve written a scene that comes in at the third chapter, and it’s right at the beginning. :eyes: I know having that suspense and dragging it back three days is a bit annoying but I’ve trieddddd to make the first chapter more eventful so it’s less annoying. :) I just used it to draw readers in, hopefully it don’t fail. :joy:

3 Likes

Random scene I have hehe

4 Likes

:eyes: I love that idea, and I would love read it when you finish!!

3 Likes

I’ll give away some snippets :eyes: ;)

I’ll also drop the synopsis soon. >_<

Untitled55_20200818204441

~~ When you try your best and you dont succeed ~~ :joy:

Untitled55_20200818204823

4 Likes

You’re writing is top notch! :heart:

3 Likes

At last!

3 Likes

Bump!

2 Likes

Currently on an important scene! :smiley:

Mark opened the door wide and she entered the house, brushing past his shoulder as she did. The slight contact sent a pleasurable jolt down her spine. She smiled up at him, noticing the redness of his eyes.

“Have you been drinking already?” She clicked her tongue in mock disapproval, a wink of her eyes showing that she was joking.

“Yeah, I’m on my third can. I think I’m turning into the alcoholic that my Mum was,” Mark snorted. The smell of alcohol in his breath made it clear he was telling the truth.

https://tapas.io/series/Devils-Triangle/info

Wow I just realized I reached 50k+ words! :joy: And still only half-way lolol

2 Likes

Ooh! Definitely already interested in it!

Definitely not, haha! But I try!

This sounds amazing! I’m definitely checking it out!

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush: I’ve only posted 20k+ words so far online (gotta keep that buffer! :stuck_out_tongue: ) but updates are weekly. Hope you’ll enjoy the story!

1 Like

Added some tags :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

Am I the only one here trying to write writing for the Reveal contest?

2 Likes

I’m trying to write for the Reveal contest as well. Don’t have much motivation, so I’m making it a short story.

2 Likes

Yeah. Normally my stories are like 15-20 episodes/chapters long, but this one is gonna be 10. Much easier to finish.

1 Like

That sounds super cool!! What’re your ideas for the reveal contest? And if you guys need I have a story planner for Episode stories that could definitelyc ome in handy <3

1 Like

Mine is somewhat cliche, but I always twist cliches, haha… basically it’s about a set of twins, but neither of them know they’re twins. Somewhat of a birth switch.

What planner do you have?

1 Like