General Chat for All Writers

https://drippingquills.com/t/episode-story-planner-detailed/7858

^^ Planner

But the story sounds really interesting!

1 Like

Oooh. I believe I have this in my drive. Iā€™ll bookmark it, thank you!!

1 Like

Heyyy @Writers! I remembered this post in a NaNoWriMo group which is treated like a thread where people ask about worldbuilding things! Itā€™s fun because everyone can ask questions and answer them, and it really helps!

Is there already a thread for this? If not, Iā€™m thinking about making it and a form where everyone can submit their questions that the writers can answer. If there isā€¦ well, of course Iā€™m not going to :joy:

10 Likes

Thereā€™s a thread where people make a world together, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s what youā€™re looking for

4 Likes

This is the thread that @idiot.exe was talking about. Itā€™s run by @CrazyCaliope.

4 Likes

CRAP! Will get back onto this in the next day or two.

3 Likes

Ooh, yeah! Apparently, I remembered that moments after I posted that question :woman_facepalming: Iā€™m really sorry, Cali!

3 Likes

Lol no worries!

1 Like

Itā€™s okay because we helped to remind Cali about it.

2 Likes

Sorry? Donā€™t be sorry.

HAHA. This is true. Though it was Shanniiā€™s ads that actually reminded me last week 'cause I saw the World Anvil ad and thought about developing the world further on there. Just continue with my stuff first.

3 Likes

Lol nice! :rofl:

2 Likes

@Writers

any new endeavors or random writing scenes youā€™d like to share :eyes:

6 Likes

Hmmmā€¦sure.

I am trying to envision one of the characters in my book and I am not sure whether I should give him a black ring on his finger or not. Thoughts?

Also should he have 2 mothers or be an orphan? A single mom wouldnā€™t work because my MC has only a mom(and I donā€™t want him to be exactly the same).

1 Like

Well I think 2 moms would be super cool becase :star_struck: diversity and representation. The orphan thing is kinda overdone imo in the media but it could work out! As for the black ring, does it have any signifcance or would it just be a pretty accessory?

1 Like

I was thinking it could have been his uncleā€™s ring and he ALWAYS wears it because his uncle saved his life.

Ooh, I like the two mom idea too, thank you.

(I really like it because, it could/will make the character more open minded. Now the struggle of having 2 mom in 1947 will beā€¦)

1 Like

That could be a really good reason and another way to add depth to his character!

ā€œThe State Department begins
firing suspected homosexuals
under President Trumanā€™s
National Security Loyalty
Program. By 1955, anti-gay
witch hunts cost more than
1,200 men and women their
jobs with the federal
government.
READ MORE
ā€œGovernment Witch Hunts
and Military Dischargesā€ā€

That could be a subplot in your story, as they are probably going to be affected and find a way through it.

2 Likes

Ooh, thank you so much!

1 Like

No problem! And may I ask what your story is about?

1 Like

Sure!

Iā€™ll PM you.

1 Like

From what you sent to me, it seems really complicated but very interesting!! I would love to read it when you publish it!

1 Like