General Chat for All Writers

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I got so much planning done today to ward off procratination :nerd_face: I finished the rough outline and Iā€™m adding the foreshadowing elements (thereā€™s one in each chapter) Itā€™s really subtle although some of them are obvious. Some examples:

• My main character has a dream of her friend lying down and sleeping peaceful in a field of lilies. Lilies symbolize death and her friend dies later while sleeping, (suffocated by smoke) because their living area is on fire.

• My main character jokes with her friends how if my main character were to meet a viking raider instead of being dazzled sheā€™d hit right back to Scandinavia. (This story is set in 1001 AD) It does end up happening lol

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Iā€™ve been procrastinating on so much stuff at the moment :pleading_face:

1 Like

@Writers A few check-ins and questions on your journey ^^

Where are you on your writing stage?

• Iā€™m developing an idea
  • Iā€™m outlining an idea
  • Iā€™m on my first draft of my story
  • Iā€™m on my second draft of my story
  • Iā€™m preparing my manuscript
  • Iā€™m querying to agents and publishers
  • Iā€™m self - publishing
  • Iā€™m traditional-publishing

0 voters

What are you having trouble on?

• Finding time to write
  • Getting inspiration to write
  • Getting an idea to write on

0 voters

Set some goals for this week!

• Reach a certain word count per day (comment the word count)
  • Spend more time writing (comment how much time)
  • Work on characters (Comment which characters and a little about them)
  • Editing your story (Comment how you are editing)
  • Other (comment)

0 voters

Question of the Day: What are some ways youā€™re using Chekovā€™s gun in your story? Describe the ā€˜gunā€™ and how it is ā€˜shotā€™ in the story.

Chekovā€™s Gun Information

6 Likes

Iā€™m going to focus on completing my outline. Some more examplse of Chekovā€™s gun:

• A notices the sweetness of the drinks they are being served recently and the change in chefs. She decides to stop drinking the drinks and instead leaves her cup full after the meal and continues to do so. The sweetness in the drink is to cover the taste of the poppy seeds which the fae are using to drug people
  • He wears a necklace of Thor's Hammer, which glows in the vening moonlight. Emphasis is placed on the hammer and the gun will be shot when a lighting shield will protect A and B
3 Likes

I want to finish the third Episode of my Episode story so I can publish it, and write two more chapters for my story for wattpad, then edit them and publish (I like writing short stories on wattpad so I donā€™t have to make much commitment and I can practice lol).

3 Likes

Finding time to write is hard to manage thus week

2 Likes

Howā€™s everyoneā€™s writing journey going?

hey @Writers got anything to talk about :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™m currently writing an essayā€¦

Lol same I just finished one for my lit classā€¦ I didnā€™t talk about all the elements I wanted to though cuz itā€™s midnight lol.

1 Like

started my college essay and my teacher is supposed to help me. he ainā€™t answering though

also itā€™s hard af to get reads for my contest story :clown_face:

1 Like

:clown_face:

itā€™s always hard to get reads if you arenā€™t a big author :sob:

1 Like

teachers really are the worst arenā€™t they

1 Like

Hey guys so thereā€™s this story that Iā€™m continuing to write on Episode and Iā€™m on the 6th or 7th episode and I havenā€™t published it. Idk if I should. Itā€™s not my best work but I like it cuz itā€™s a passion project.

2 Likes

which story :thinking:

especially if youā€™re banned and lost your best way of getting reads and no oneā€™s either: willing to help out (there are some exceptions though) or uses episode. itā€™s a lose-lose situation! :smile:

they are

1 Like

I always get new ideas for my fan fictions but I completed only one :joy:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t even published my own story on Wattpad yet. Oops.

1 Like

Neither did I :joy:

1 Like